Other Clothes Dryers:
LG
DLE2050W
LG 7.1 cu. ft. Electric Dryer

LG 7.1 cu. ft. Electric Dryer

Pros

• Large capacity (4)
  • Adjustable temperature (3)
  • Energy efficient (3)

Cons

• Everyday clothes (4)
  • Sheets & mattress covers (4)
  • Bulky items (3)
  • Delicate (3)
  • Towels (3)
    • Load Capacity:
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Frequent user (4)

Outstanding Dryer!

This dryer was bought because my old dryer died after 10 years of use. We were in the market for a new dryer and decided to check out LG's lineup of appliances because we were very satisfied with previous LG purchases as well. We found this one on sale and decided to go with this one. Sure enough it didn't dissapoint. Like other LG appliances, it was fantastic from the beginning. It provided good energy efficiency as well as quality dried clothing. My clothes came out fresh and mostly very warm. A noticable drop in my energy bill after purchasing this dryer is also a plus after buying this dryer. I would definitely recommend people get this washer if they are in the market for one because it is durable, quiet, and an overall great dryer! :)

LG DLE2050 Electric Dryer

I bought this dryer about 10 months ago. Bought it with the matching LG Washer. We have them stacked to maximize space in our small apartment. Let me first say that the dryer is very efficient and drys very quickly. The washer does a great job, as well. It is very easy to operate and has sensors and automatically adjusts the drying time for clothes which in my opinion eliminates the guess work one needs to do with respect to drying times for clothes. It has manual controls for timed drying cycles if you are not happy with the sensor based drying cycle. However, I am having major wrinkle issues. My clothes come out of this dryer looking awful! I'm not exaggerating. My 12 year old Kenmore was better. I've spoke with LG and even had a tech come out. Everything seems to be working fine. They tell me i have to shake out the clothes which we do. That doesn't solve the problem. I'm just real disappointed with all the wrinkles.

Love this dryer

Comments about LG 7.1 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

This dryer, well it drys so sweet! What I'm saying really is I love how easy it is to use. I had a previous dryer that was simpler than this one but it just could not get the job done. This dryer look is one of creative thinking. The way the dryer is presented brought me in, after reading the qualifications I was sold. The LG Electric Dryer is very nice! Once clothes are done drying, it turns off, Clothes also dry very quickly. Long waiting? Nope, none of that. This is one of the many things I've come to love about this dryer. If I'm in a hurry I can depend on this dryer to get what I need dry, dry. The LG allows me to put my clothes into its vicinity with no problems whatsoever! I appreciate the swiftness of this product, how it operates, how everything that was promised is delivered. No letdowns in purchasing this product for me. All I could want in a dryer for a reasonable price when you look at what the LG is offering!

• Load Capacity:

love my LG DLE2050 Electric Dryer!!

from Webb City, MO

Comments about LG 7.1 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

lly couldn't live with out my LG dryer it is amazing.. Wonderful machine and price. when shopping for a dryer i looked for weeks and weeks till i stumbled upon this one.. I love, love, love this dryer!! I am going to buy all LG appliances from now on.. The cost was just within our budget! I love doing laundry now because i know that one load is not going to take hours to dry!! everything comes out so nice and fluffy and not wrinkled! I would highly recommend this dryer and the washer that matches!! Look arou nd and you might be able to find this wonderful dryer on sale!! some times there's really good deals on it but i say it's a wonderful deal with out it being on sale. Just absolutely my favorite dryer ever!

My LG DLE2050 Electric Dryer is awesome

from Hanford, CA

Comments about LG 7.1 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

I used to have a top loader commercial grade washer and dryer. This is part of my new front loading set. I saw the commercials for these and that's why I got them, pretty much. I am an easy sell. Luckily they are amazing and worth every penny (and oh my goodness they cost a pretty penny!).

To me this dryer seems to fit more clothes than my old dryer, and is extremely more energy efficient. Also, there are many different dryer settings to choose from. Word to the wise: DO NOT EVER use the "High" heat setting, unless just drying towels or blankets/sheets, I have a lost a few shirts that though I am a size small, I am not a size extra extra small, and they won't stretch back.

Also, the dryer is quiet! I love that I can have it on at night or during the childrens nap time, and they don't bother a restful sleep.

Tired of wet laundry? No more!

from Pomona, CA

Comments about LG 7.1 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

Im not really experienced in dryers. I used to only have a washer, then hang up my cloths to sun dry. This became an increasingly big problem however, because on rainy days, or even cloudy days, my laundry would of course, always be wet. That' when me and my wife decided we would get a dryer. This dryer was everything we needed! Now, even before we finish our second load of cloths, our first bach is dry! The capacity of this dryer is also quite big so we dont really need to worry because our washer doesn't clean nearly that amount. Also, after a couple of weeks, this machine becomes really easy to use! I love how dry my cloths comes out every time! The only problem is that after every drying session, the lint needs to be cleaned out. After a while though, it becomes a no brainer and you get used to it. If your looking for a relatively cheap drying, buy this one!

Drys nicely

from Castro Valley, CA

Comments about LG 7.1 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

We may be just about the only family that hangs there clothes and then still use a dryer to dry their clothes... I have a fear that if I throw my clothes in the dryer, well some clothes at least, that it will come out shrunken just a little too small for me to wear anymore. I have been told drying in a machine also makes clothes lose their colors more faster, so we keep the drying in the machines a minimal. It really helps though to have warm clothes while you are folding them up and putting them back into the closet as this helps to get rid of all the wrinkles. So I guess we aren't using the dryer to it's full extend by putting in clothes that just came out of the washer but we really like this dryer, for our purposes at least it does an excellent job.

Outstanding Dryer!

from Oviedo, FL

WONDERFUL!

from Columbia, SC

Comments about LG 7.1 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

I seriously could not live with out this dryer, I of course have the washing maching that goes with it. But this dryer is seriously amazing, it gets clothes dry in like half the time as a normal dryer so I can get so much more done with it. I also love how it has this heat sensor thing that when it gets too hot it cuts itself off, which sometimes can be a pain bc the clothes wont dry all the way so you have to cut it back on, but its really trying to protect the dryer and in turn your home from catching on fire. So I can deal with the incovience of having to turn the dryer on again after a few cycles, and really this is after I have done like three loads in a row and it gets over heated so its not a continuous thing.

Pretty decent dryer

from Mckinney, TX

Comments about LG 7.1 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

The dryer should be paired with the washer of the similar model. This is very important because I can see that the washer actually does well in spinning out the water in the last cycle, which made the dryer work less. The dryer itself is cool in the sense that it actually be able to sense if the clothes are fully dried or not. If not, it will just continue to work till it dries. Of course, if you load too much clothes in there, it might not dried the unreachable parts. So, it would still be recommended to dry the amount of load that were washed in the washer, but not more than that. It also comes with the anti-bacteria function, which I find it very useful. The dried clothes are definitely "smell" better.

LG DLE2050 electric dry will perform!

from Fresno, CA

Comments about LG 7.1 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

This is one handsome dryer paired with an LG washer. It has a large load capacity. It is very simple to use. The lint filter is easily removed for cleaning. I can select a mode for drying or select the length of time to dry. You have complete control over how it runs. The controls themselves are very simple to understand and use. It also runs very quiet and smoothly. Clothes come out dry. There is nothing more I can ask of from a dryer. It is not the cheapest model nor is it the highest model but it does a fine job. So far it hasnt provided anything for me to complain about. I would highly recommend this dryer to anyone in the market for a dryer. One thing though is that you can save energy by drying clothes on a line out on suny days. But this machine is efficient enough that your electrical bill wont kill you. Since owning my washer and dryer combo, my electricity bills havent increased much at all. we have 3 kids and do laundy whenever there is a full load.

Dries Everything Perfectly!!

from Spanish Fork, UT

Comments about LG 7.1 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

My husband bought me this dryer to replace my old dryer, which I thought worked just fine. Sure, it sometimes took 2 or 3 goes to get towels dry, but it still worked! Why get a new one? I humbly thanked my husband and ate my words after I used the LG DLE2050 Electric Dryer just a few times. What a gigantic difference this had made in my life!! My towels get dry in just one session, my clothes are not shrinking as much and it lets me know when a load of laundry is done and ready to be folded. Hallelujah!! I had always heard that to dry jeans properly without shrinking, the legs of the pants should be completely dry but the waistband should be just a tad damp. I tried and tried to do this with my old dryer and eventually just gave up because it was impossible. My LG dryer does this for me, automatically. It knows exactly when to stop the drying process before shrinking starts. I would highly recommend this dryer to anyone and everyone who is looking to upgrade to a newer, more efficient mode.