Other Clothes Dryers:
Electric Dryers
LG
DLE2250W
LG 7.1 cu. ft. Electric Dryer

Summary

LG DLE2250W 27" Front-Load Electric Dryer with 7.1 cu. ft. Capacity, 7 Dry Cycles, 8 Options, FlowSense Duct Clogging Indicator and Dual LED Display

LG 7.1 cu. ft. Electric Dryer

Pros

Cons

Not worth the aggravation

from Midwest IL and MO

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Adjustable Temperature
  • Easy To Use
  • Energy Efficient
  • Quiet

Cons

• Hard to Clean Lint Filter
  • Unreliable

• Bulky Items
  • Everyday Clothes
  • Towels

Comments about LG 7.1 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

Shortly after the one year warranty expired, the dryer was tearing and creating holes in my sheets, nightgowns, tshirts and other regular items.

Come to find out a tumbler blade was loose. Additionally, the lint casing was also loose. Both were causing thin items to get caught between the blade/vent and the metal drum. The continuous tumbling caused damaged to the items wedged in the blade/vent.

A check online revealed LG acknowledged these two problems were caused by manufacturer's defect. Unfortunately, LG told us to pay the $162 service call plus parts/labor or spend $221 for a new drum.

HUH? They acknowledge it was their fault yet I have to pay to correct it?

Never buy another LG product.

So glad I bought this one

Comments about LG 7.1 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

I LOVE my dryer - we purchased it over another very similar dryer because of the brand and I'm very glad that we did. It works wonderfully. I love that it dries whatever I put in there, even when it's overloaded.

Load Capacity
I put 8 large bath towels in it once and they all came out dry! I can't imagine life with a smaller capacity dryer. I do laundry once a week so my dryer is going ALL day - it's essential that my dryer work well to avoid having to run it twice for a load.

With a sensor that detects when the load is dry, this dryer is very efficient. Sometimes, with a huge load of towels, it takes a bit longer than the standard drying time, but it plays music to let you know when it's done. I also like the drying rack - I use it with my hand-knit garments when I need them to dry quicker.

There are multiple settings to use depending on the load you're drying. I generally use perm press, though I do use the towels/linens setting for those items.

4 years old and still dries like the day we brought it home from the store.

I really love this dryer - my only issue is that it's hard to get lint out of the trap area because of the screws that are there.

I have the DLE2250 gas dryer and I LOVE IT

from Elyria, OH

Comments about LG 7.1 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

I just wrote the review for the washer. They dryer manual scared me, as the washer manual did. But it really isn't as difficult as it seems. The dryer does all the work. Press the button and set the dial. You can't mess it up because the dryer won't allow you to choose a wrong function! Fool proof! Like my fiancee's dad says, "Those machines do everything but make sandwiches." I love the virtual silence of this dryer. The dryer plays a start-up tune (as does the washer) and a little song at the end of the cycle. I do not miss annoying buzzers from the old machines.

Load Capacity
This machine holds a LOT of clothes or towels and it dries towels quickly and efficiently. No shrunken clothes! Love the option (on both machines) that will keep tossing the laundry so it doesn't set long.

No weird noises. Fast and efficient drying. Many options to dry many types of loads.

So many options to choose from. So many features. But it's easy once you get the hang of it.

Have only had it a couple of weeks but it seems sturdy and sound.

Space-age look and feel to the machines. I love the high-tech, modern design. I'm so happy to have them.

Nice dryer!

from Georgetown, KY

Comments about LG 7.1 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

I really like my LG washer and dryer. Compared to my old dryer, my LG dryer dries my clothes much faster, therefore using less energy. It is a nice sized capacity, holding a great big load of towels. It is also attractive with a nice design. It is very user friendly and buttons and dial are easy to use. The lint trap is just inside the door and is easily removable. In some dryers it is a pain to remove the lint trap! They only complaint I have is that sometimes the dryness indicator stops the machine before the clothes are completely dry. Therefore I have to restart the dryer again. Not really a big deal, I would still recommend this machine!

Load Capacity
Nice size - can easily hold a large load of laundry.

Overall good - sometimes the clothes are not completely dry when it stops.

Easy to use the buttons and dial.

No problems.

Very attractive design.

Better than washer

from Dunedin, FL

Comments about LG 7.1 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

It is a good Dryer, it does have the dry sensor on it, so it does shut down when dry except for blankets, sometimes when they get wrapped around it can't fell inside. It also takes a lot of clothes. 12 pairs of pants. We bought it for that reason. Fits a king size comforter easily. Has all kinds of cycles on it, even drys sensitive clothing easily. Great feature is the filter, dryer will not work if filter is not cleaned, which is great if you have teenagers, who don't even know they exist! It tells you, check filter. I had a kenmore elite that only lasted 6 years. I have LG stove, and washer. Stove is great, don't buy the washer.

Large stell drum.

Has heat sensor, good for drying all types of clothes, blankets, etc.

Has no brainer buttons on front, just turn on, hit button and go.

Not sure yet, only had it 9 months

The inside is great, I wish they would have made the top flat, it slopes down.

Not my favorite dryer

from Henderson, CO

Comments about LG 7.1 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

I like the load capacity of this dryer but it continues to shut off before the clothes are actually dry. I have to use the "more dry" option with every load or else the clothes will not dry. I do not think the sensor works properly. I do like the wrinkle free option and the load capacity but not much else. I would not by an LG dryer again.

• Load Capacity:

Average Dryer with some nice features

from Oconomowoc, WI

Comments about LG 7.1 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

Overall this dryer is pretty good, nothing spectacular. It holds quite large loads, and dries just as well as any current dryer. We used to have a 7 year old dryer, which one of the elements looked to have burnt out and we were replacing our current washer with an efficient one, and decided to get the pair. The sensor drying on this one seems to work no better or worse than any other dryer we've seen. I like the ability to set any drying time you want, and to save a custom setting, that feature comes in handy. The duct clog sensor is an awesome feature since this greatly affects the use of the dryer, and is the cause of many household fires. I like the very large lint catcher, makes me feel better about high lint loads. Our overall drying time isn't really much better than our previous dryer before the element went out, but having more ability to control what it's doing is nice. For the price, this dryer was a great deal, and its nice to have a very nice looking dryer in our basement now. It definitely won't blow your socks off, but will do the job, and costs much less than many current models.

Fast Drying times!

from Windber, PA

Comments about LG 7.1 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

Drys items extremely fast! It also seems to prevent wrinkles if you pull items out fast!

Load Capacity
I have fit more than I have ever fit into my previous machine.

Fasting drying times.

This is so easy even a husband can use it!

We have only had it two years, but so far not a single problem.

This is a nice sleek design that blends nicely with the washing machine