Other Flat Screen TVs:
LG
LG55LW5600
LG 55" 3D 1080P 120Hz LED TV with Smart TV

LG 55" 3D 1080P 120Hz LED TV with Smart TV

Pros

• Great picture quality (4)
  • Great sound quality (4)
  • Led-backlit (4)
  • Attractive (3)
  • Easy to set up (3)

• Home (4)
  • Attached to computer (3)
  • Gaming (3)
  • Home theater (3)
  • Movies (3)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Enthusiast (4)
    • No (4)

Just recently purchased. It's great!

I'm so glad this is on here to review. We recently just purchased the LG 55" 3D 1080P 120Hz LED TV with smart TV and I honestly have to say it's probably the best TV I've ever bought and the quality of it like sound and picture is exceptional. It's crystal clear. It's also my first smart tv and we decided on the 3d for our kids because so many of their favorite movies are 3D and now they can watch them whenever they want. The television itself is very thin which is nicer than having a bulky TV especially if you mount it to the wall, which we did. I like being able to instantly go to Netflix with one remote and switch right from live TV to whatever I want without having to get a different remote to change the input. Everything is pretty much perfect with this TV, but I would say the only con I see is the remote controler itself. It's a little small and a little sensitive and fragile. Sometimes I just pick up the remote itself and options will pop up because my finger rolled on the button. Other than that everything is great including the price. It seems so far so good no problems and the whole family loves using it. I'm very happy with it and would definitely recommend trying if you're in the market for a new TV,

WIll never buy another Sony TV

We trusted Sony. Sony has a wonderful reputation. They are living on their reputation. They also used to have great customer service, not so any more.
After owning this TV for 3...Read complete review

After owning this TV for 3 years we noticed a think vertical red line on the right side about an inch in from the side of the TV. You really had to look to see this. However, within the next 6 moths 2 more appeared in the same area and another on the left side. I phoned Sony. They told me this is not unusual and that it often requires a resetting or rewiring from our cable company to cure this. Well I was not calling in a cable service at great expense just for this so I waited until I had them here for another reason 6 months later. They were unable to make these lines go away so I immediately called Sony back. They did not want to listen to a word I said as our TV was now out of warranty. Seriously?
So we gave the TV away and replaced it with a Samsung!

Picture Quality
the parts that are not obscured are fine!

Above Average.

Read my review!

Sony makes a sleek looking product.

Worked fine for 3 years. 3 years, not the 10 or 15 it should have.

i liked this tv

from san marcos

About Me Casual User

Pros

• Great Sound Quality

Cons

• Confusing / Bad Remote Control

Comments about LG 55" 3D 1080P 120Hz LED TV with Smart TV:

i liked this tv I like the technology that has the graphics and resolution of the screen image

• Was this a gift?:
  • I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Great image

from Chicago, IL

About Me Enthusiast

Pros

• Easy To Set Up
  • Energy Efficient
  • Great Picture Quality
  • LED-backlit
  • Reduced Glare

Comments about LG 55" 3D 1080P 120Hz LED TV with Smart TV:

This is one of the best looking TVs available. I have it in a dark wall unit which helps the image pop, but even if it wasn't in there, the picture is bright, clear, and pops without being too bright.

• Was this a gift?:

Favorite of the family in each house you find, It makes Joy.

from Ankara, Turkey

About Me Enthusiast

Pros

• Best looking TV out there
    • Energy Efficient
    • Good Remote Control
    • Great Picture Quality
    • Great Sound Quality
    • LED-backlit

Cons

• Difficult To Set Up
    • Glare
    • Poor Connection Options

• Bedroom

Comments about LG 55" 3D 1080P 120Hz LED TV with Smart TV:

Kids and adults have it, we can use them in many things in the children find fun in their games on the way, even adults fit in the thing which displays it, and you can connect your smartphone and show him things that you want to view it.

• Was this a gift?:

Just recently purchased. It's great!

from Nesconset,ny

About Me Enthusiast

Pros

• All the connections options I could ever need
    • Best looking TV out there
    • Easy To Set Up
    • Great Picture Quality
    • Great Sound Quality
    • LED-backlit

• Bedroom

• Was this a gift?:

Want a great viewing experience?

from Bridgeport, CT

About Me Enthusiast

Pros

• All the connections options I could ever need
      • Best looking TV out there
      • Easy To Set Up
      • Energy Efficient
      • Good Remote Control
      • Great Picture Quality
      • Reduced Glare

Comments about LG 55" 3D 1080P 120Hz LED TV with Smart TV:

This is an amazing smart def tv. I was flicking through the channels and came along a nature show. It looked like a was looking out a window and could touch the deer! Not only that but the chirping birds sounded like the where outside in my front yard! You can also hook up you computer through the MDI port and use the huge TV as you moniter. Don't have a DVDs player but my laptop plays dvd's so I jook it up and watch DVD movies! Simply an amazing TV hands down!!

Awesome TV

Comments about LG 55" 3D 1080P 120Hz LED TV with Smart TV:

This is the best TV I have ever owned and I have owned quite a few TVs. This has perfect picture quality, perfect sound, and it just looks so great hanging on my wall.

Picture Quality
        This TV has unbelievable picture quality. I watch a lot of TV, from movies, to sports, to just regular sitcoms and it all comes out looking amazing. I've never seen such crystal clear picture quality. But that's what I was expecting from such an innovative brand.

Sound Quality
        The sound quality is second to none. I just love how great the sound is coming out of the speakers, which are very high quality.

This is a very durable TV. I watch a lot of TV and I haven't experienced any problems at all.

I really bought this TV because of how great it looks. I like how great it looks. It took just one look for me to want it.

I use Netflix on this TV and surf the web and it works great every time. I don't see myself needing to buy another TV for a very long time.

Beautiful picture.

from Elko, Nevada

Comments about LG 55" 3D 1080P 120Hz LED TV with Smart TV:

We went out to buy a new tv for our family room and knew that we wanted one of the smart tvs that is able to connect easily to everything. We found and decided on this LG smart tv. We installed it in our house and I have to say it has such an amazing clear and crisp picture, it really looks like the people on tv are right there with you and the quality of it is just amazing. I love that it hooks right up to the internet and already has all kinds of applications installed on it. We have all of the online streaming programs already on there and they can be accessed easily with the remote. We hooked our gaming systems up to this and the quality of the picture with the games is so great, it really made all of the difference from our old tv set. This tv gets really loud, you can turn it up and make all of your walls shake, but with this the sound is very good quality and everything is easy to hear and understand. It has such a nice and slim design and fits on your wall night and flat. This tv is great and really one of the best that you can buy right now.

• Sound Quality:

Great TV, easy to set up and a fantastic picture

Comments about LG 55" 3D 1080P 120Hz LED TV with Smart TV:

You just can't go wrong with LG. The best part I think is the customer service. Friendly, they speak English well and are very helpfull

Picture Quality
        I have absolutely no complaints with the quality of the picture on this TV. Even with the curtains open and a sunny day outside the picture is clear and bright. Blacks are deep, contrast is excellent, and color balance is perfect. What a great tv

Sound Quality
        Even without and extra's the sound on this tv is very good. If you add a sound bar you will be amazed. As I said before LG it top of the line as far as I'm concerned. You can set the various sound levels to your personal liking

Well, I haven't dropped the tv or anything like that, but it was bumped around while hanging it, so as far as that goes it affected nothing.

I love the thin bezel around the tv. It's hardly noticeable so it's as if the entire screen is the picture. Nothing added to take away viewing pleasure

What can I say. Never a glitch. Picture is beautiful, sound great. Easy to set up. great surfing if that is what you want. Would never buy another brand.

• Sound Quality:

Our television has an outrageously super-defined resolution

Comments about LG 55" 3D 1080P 120Hz LED TV with Smart TV:

This television is so tremendous, we enjoy all our shows and movies in superior resolution, it really outshines most i've seen. The crispness is so clear, we really can't believe it.

Picture Quality
        The quality of picture is so deep and clear, our movies really seem to come to life on the screen and the led display really glows with animation.

Sound Quality
        We have a great sound system hooked up to our television now but we actually had it without the system connected and the set speakers we're actually pounding out pretty well.

It suffered a whack into the wall as we were arranging it in the living room and it actually didn't even take a scratch on it, we thought we would have to return it when my wife dinged it against our wall, but it was fine.

Great design really, very sleek and smooth on the outside. It's like a fine piece of art really, great stuff.

Our shows and movies are so incredible to view now we don't get out as much recently but, hey, there's always the christmas holiday.

Television

Comments about LG 55" 3D 1080P 120Hz LED TV with Smart TV:

Oh my goodness this television by LG is so incredibly amazing. I love it and my entire family are absolutely and totally enthralled by the crisp pis cried quality that is presented by the television and also the super amazing sound quality. Usually when it comes to televisions there is either great picture quality or great sound quality but amazingly this LG television has both which makes it one of the most incredible and amazing television systems I have owned. Watching movies is now an experience comparable to the movie theaters and that is by no means an exaggeration.

Picture Quality
        Outstanding picture quality. Very real and visually appealing for the entire audience. Hands down a wonderful television.

Sound Quality
        Hand in hand the picture and sound quality totally dominate. This leads to an overall wonderful experience. Very nice and not crackling at all with the sound it always has clear sound quality no matter how high the volume is.