Other Flat Screen TVs:
42LD450
LG 42 in. LCD TV

LG 42 in. LCD TV

Love my LG 42" TV!!

I absolutely LOVE this TV!!! First of all I should tell you that we bought this to replace an old (over 16 uyears!) RCA console wood cabinet floor model, I swore I would not replace this TV until it stopped working but gees the picture on these new TV's are so great we could not resist! We went to the store to look at the Vizio TV's but when we got theree they store wew were at did not have the Vizio model we were looking for so he showed us the LG and we are very glad he did! The picture is FANTASTIC , it was at a great price for a 1080P LCD HDTV. I am not up on all the cool things new Tv's can do so what I can tell you is it is well worth the cost and it has all the basic features anyone could need. The setup was easy and the remote control is easy to use & understand. The one thing i do wish it had was the audio/video jacks on both sides of the back or more in the middle, we have our tv set up with a cabinet beside it for our dvd player etc & had to buy a longer cable to reach the other side, no big deal , I'm sure most people have a nice fancy stand you sit the TV on top & this would have no problem with the cable. I would recommend this Tv to Everyone!!

LG - 42LD450 42 in. LCD TV

I really tried to make myself like this TV. Trying it for seven days I decided to return it. It is just that bad! Even with the tilt wall mount it still isn't good. The blacks are still very gray and there is so much bright gray coming thru the LCD panel that it just washes out everything and lights up the lower half of my bedroom brightly, even when there's no picture displayed. Blacks become gray and colors very washed out. My Samsungs don't have this problem, neither my old 32" or my 52" in the living room. That and all the backlight purring out of the back onto the walls, which is now much more noticeable with the tilt mount. I went ahead and ordered the 46" inch Samsung that I think I should have got it the first place. They said they will pick up the bad one when they deliver the new one. The price is just right for this junk TV. Bad to go and all around crappy TV. Don’t buy this TV unless you want a junk tv and waste your time returning it. I like the Samsungs with the media player in them. Great TV and picture. Take a look at Costco and try to wait as TV are coming down in price quick. My third TV and worst.

best tv

from Rocky Mount, VA

Comments about LG 42 in. LCD TV:

The Toshiba/Samsung disc drive is very popular and easy to crack (flash the firmware to a custom build that allows games to be played from copied discs). There are small details that mark this disc drive out from the other such as faster disc ejections and only having one hole in the middle. There is a square shaped cut out (where the disc is read).The Hitachi Drive is possibly the least popular drive out of other 360 DVD Drives. However, the firmware from Hitachi drives can be dumped and flashed without any additional hardware unlike the Lite-On Drives.The PLDS drive is one of the newer disc drives, which is said to be quieter while playing games/dvd/cds etc. The Phillips DVD drive is also known to be better at reading damaged discs causing it to be favored by some users.These firmwares sets are dumpable however a special probe /spear is required to extract the key from the 74850C drive to complete the firmware. This is not the case with the 83850C drive, this can all be done in software. The 83850c V2 and 93450c are now hackable via a hardware modification on the PCB.

The only brand I buy!!!

from Lakewood, WA

Comments about LG 42 in. LCD TV:

LG knows it stuff when it comes to TVs. I only buy this brand and have 4 of them. The price is just right and the quality is beyond the price of the TV. You will not be dissapointed. This is a gameing and movie family.

LG TV ROCKS

from Lakeside, OR

Comments about LG 42 in. LCD TV:

I bought a LG 42 in LCD tv last fall. I didn't really need another tv, as I have a 50 in plasma in the livingroom, but wanted to upgrade my bedroom.  I got this tv, hooked it up to the satellite and dvd player. best decision ever, as I  never thought I would find a tv in the bedroom be a pleasure. I find that it is sometimes more comforting to watch the 42 inch tv than it is the 50 inch in the livingroom.  The TV has this clear picture that allows you to see what you are looking at without distortion.  You can hook your computer up to it and us the tv as a monitor, it is High definition so has the crystal clear picture. I would suggest to anyone who is looking for a price saver and yet the convenience of flat screen, this is the one you should buy. not expensive, did I mention, it is light weight, so don't have to worry about moving that big bulky tv that takes two or more people to move. I am a woman and I can easily move this tv around. Another great feature, has a swivel stand!!!  Check them out. I found mine at Wal Mart.

Perfect TV

from Odenton, MD

Comments about LG 42 in. LCD TV:

I got this TV during christmas for quite a good deal that was offered to me as a price match. It is amazing. The color contrast scheme is so awesome, and the pictures are absolutely crisp. There is vitually no glare on the screen that sometimes it is hard to believe that this is not a plasma screeen television. Mounting this TV was also a breeze. The only downside to this television that would be worth noting is the sound system. The intrinsic sound system, although adequate does not have good enough bass to enjoy a good movie or to watch an exciting game. I have considered adding on an external sound system but was disappointed to find out that there is no autio output that is accessible to an external system. If you want to have sound system you need to have an amplifier to properly get good sounds. Other than that, this is a perfect TV system that myself and my family have fully enjoyed.

42LD450: Great Customer Service!

from Wilsonville, OR

Comments about LG 42 in. LCD TV:

My last TV was an LG, and my next will be an LG as well.  When a component went out in my TV just 2 months outside of the warranty, their representatives extended my warranty at no charge in order to get me free service.

As for the TV itself - it's great.  Low-cost, great picture quality, and an excellent black level, for the price.

The only disappointment here is the number of HDMI ports - there's only 2.  Great if you only have one or two HD devices, but if you've got 2 game systems and a set top box, something's going to get shared custody of one of the slots.

You can always pick up an HDMI selector box, though, which renders this complaint moot - but that means spending additional money you could use to just buy a TV with more ports.

The TV is 60hz as well, meaning no possibility of 3D or framerate smoothing of some of the higher-end models offer, but if you're not interested in these features, you'll love this TV.

LG - 42LD450 42 in. LCD TV

from Whittier, CA

Love my LG 42" TV!!

Great and reliable

from Buffalo, NY

Comments about LG 42 in. LCD TV:

The color on this TV is amazing. I mean even a TV this big is amazing! I was able to get this TV at the same price as a smaller of a different brand, and it works just as good. The resolution is great and video games look good. I have a TV stand so I wasn't worried about width for wall mounting. The setup is pretty straight forward and the menu is easy to use. The plus options on the back are labeled and color coded very well that even I could hook up all my gadgets! There are multiple sttings depending on which type of show or movie you are watching. The volume could go up a little louder. I dont have surround sound and sometimes if the heater has kicked on we have to turn up the volume quite a bit. The picture quality is good and I like the little refresshin light at the bottom when you turn on and off your TV. It looks very sleek and stylish. I have had no problems with TV and we like it a lot.

Great LCD HDTV for the money

from Los Angeles, CA

Comments about LG 42 in. LCD TV:

Got one of these TV from a major retailer when it was on sale. Even with the 60Hz TV which are found on older models this TV was as good as my more expensive LD520 which I had in anohter room. Another note about 120Hz TV is that it cause the pictures in the TV to move in a very "fast" way, kind of like a very jerky movement. So I was glad that I got the model that has 60Hz refresh rate, not another 120Hz more expensive oneOverall the LG 42LD450 is a great TV, it has couple of HDMI input as well as the RF in which you can hook up an antenna to (build in HDTV tuner).

The setup wizard which helps setting up the picture was great but I like my TV setting a certain way which is bright and sharp picture. This model has a energy saving model which dims the backlighting and saved additional energy. I don't believe its is an Energy Star but comparing the wattage (Power) use, it's as good as other Energy Star model of the same size.

The wait was worth it!

from Bristol, RI

Comments about LG 42 in. LCD TV:

After watching my son enjoy his new flat screen I finally bit the bullet and bought myself one! Glad it was this one! Great price for a great product. Nice crisp picture with fantastic color, nice sound wuality even without my surround sound hooked up. Easy to use menus, great sleek look.