Other Flat Screen TVs:

LG 42 in. HDTV Plasma TV

I'm loving my LG 42 in Plasma TV

from Magnolia, AR

Comments about LG 42 in. HDTV Plasma TV:

I bought my LG-42PJ350 earlier this year from Ivan Smith Furniture as part of a living room package, and I am totally loving it. The 42 inch is a great size for my living room. The screen is ultra-thin and the picture quality is excellent. I really like that it offers a lot of AV inputs on the back of the TV, so we can hook up our DVR, DVD player, and gaming devices all at the same time (our former non-plasma TV made it really difficult to hook everything up all at one time.) It is also really easy to switch between inputs; even my six-year-old can do it. The unit is also relatively quiet and you don't hear any buzz unless you are right up next to the TV.

There are only a couple of things that I don't like about it, and these are relatively minor. First is that everything, especially dust, seems to really attract to the top of the TV and base, and I feel like I am constantly having to dust it off. Also, the volume level is inconsistent and the TV seems to be really loud on commercials as compared to what show we are watching, and when I check the other TVs for the same channel, they don't have this same problem. Overall though, I think this is a really good TV, especially for the price, and I would highly recommend it.

• Picture Quality:
  • Sound Quality:

awesome TV

from San Jose, CA

Comments about LG 42 in. HDTV Plasma TV:

I am very satisfied with the picture quality of this TV. The contrast and viewing angle are above average for an LCD set. (Note, you can't really believe the specified contrast ratio, since that's achieved with dynamic contrast. There are definitely some artifacts from that, and many owners will want to turn it off.) My TV does have some mild light bleed in one corner, but I am able to live with it. The ATSC tuner seems to work pretty well in a difficult multipath environment, but sometimes there is lag between the video and audio. I agree with other reviewers that the speakers are a little weak for a TV of this quality. Also, I wish it had a headphone jack. LG's documentation and support is pretty weak. The paper manual supplied is very skimpy. There is a CD with a somewhat larger PDF manual, but even that leaves a lot of questions. For example, I can't find any information on how to use the "USB Media Host" feature. Also, I can't figure out if there are any firmware updates available.

excellent buy for the money

from Compton, IL

Comments about LG 42 in. HDTV Plasma TV:

My husband and myself recently bought a new 42" LG plasma TV and we absolutely love it.  We couldn't believe the picture quality.  It has an awesome picture and color.  It has a nice sleek design.  This was definitely an excellent buy for our money.  We are extremely happy with our new LG TV.

LG is the best brand in the world!!!

from Pontotoc, MS

Comments about LG 42 in. HDTV Plasma TV:

My LG 42 IN. Plasma TV is the best flat screen that I have bought this year, the HD pictures are clear and awesome, even when it showing a standard picture, it is still clear. I suggest that you also buy a HDMI cable to go with this TV,  you don't really have to because it shows a clear picture but if you want all around great HD quality, this is the way to go. WONDERFUL TV!!! GO GET IT NOW!!!

Sounds good, but not nearly as good as at the store.

from Manitou Springs, CO

Comments about LG 42 in. HDTV Plasma TV:

This TV is ok and does its job of showing me programs and movies.  However, the tv on display at the store had a much better quality picture.  I think it was because they use HD DVDs and I don't have any of those, so my picture is only so-so.