Other Flat Screen TVs:
42LB5D
LG - 42-Inch LCD TV

LG - 42-Inch LCD TV

Crispy - Sharp - Bright - Gr8 TV

The 42LB5D comes with an unusually brief (32 pages) manual. But that doesn't mean everything is simple. You also get a CD-ROM containing a second manual in PDF form, this one running 110 pages. The electronic manual is so exhaustive it even mentions a picture-in-picture feature that the TV doesn't actually have.A USB port on the front of the 42LB5D allows you to attach an external media device so you can view photos or listen to music stored on it. The television supports HDMI's CEC (Consumer Electronics Control) feature--though LG calls it SimpLink--which allows one remote to control all CEC-compatible home theater devices, and allows the devices to control each other through the HDMI cable. For instance, the act of placing a DVD in a CEC-compatible player might cause your TV to switch on and set itself to the correct input.

The LG's programmable remote feels a bit heavy, but it's reasonably well laid-out and the important buttons are easy to get to.

too big for the bedroom

The TV is real nice, albeit big for a bedroom.  lol  We watched the superbowl on it and with the HD TV and direct TV it was truly an awesome experience.  You could actually see EVERY little detail of the game.  The ground, the colors, just everything!!!

The sound isn't too good though.

GREAT picture!

elegant and amazing

from Garden Grove, CA

Comments about LG - 42-Inch LCD TV:

This television is great it's big and the picture quality is amazing. This LG television has a lot of video and audio connections which I really think is useful. It makes my movies and cable television experience more happy that is because I like the big screen. There are lots of video settings that I can change which makes it cool. I can change the brightness to contrast which is very great to me.

Picture Quality
The picture quiality is crisp and clear, the brightness also looks vivid. The resolution is 1080 and it's widescreen which makes sports and movies look very life like.

Sound Quality
The sound quality of this television is great also, it sounds good even if your 20 feet away from the television.

This tv has a very beautiful design it looks elegant, the display has a very thin design which makes it great for my room.

It works great with dvd players to home theater speakers, it has all the video and audio connections I need. The performance is great.

• Picture Quality:
  • Sound Quality:

Awesome picture and quality

from Columbia, KY

Comments about LG - 42-Inch LCD TV:

This Tv is great...great black levels and everything. We even use it for a computer monitor. The TV is on a swivel base with makes it convient to turn to a specific direction of even better viewing. The view from all angles in good as well. This Tv is great...great black levels and everything. We even use it for a computer monitor. The TV is on a swivel base with makes it convient to turn to a specific direction of even better viewing. The view from all angles in good as well.This Tv is great...great black levels and everything. We even use it for a computer monitor. The TV is on a swivel base with makes it convient to turn to a specific direction of even better viewing. The view from all angles in good as well. This Tv is great...great black levels and everything. We even use it for a computer monitor. The TV is on a swivel base with makes it convient to turn to a specific direction of even better viewing. The view from all angles in good as well.

Great Full HD TV for the price

from Dekalb, IL

Comments about LG - 42-Inch LCD TV:

Straight out of the box this television looks amazing. It doesn't need many adjustments before it displays an excellent picture although it does have a nice list of predesigned color choices for different settings.  The sounds isn't amazing but if you're getting a tv like this you probably have or will have a surround sound system; why have a full HD picture and simply opt for the most basic of sound delivery. Subtracting the difficulty this LCD has with producing black levels in the range of Sharp Aquos or other higher end LCDs, it is possibly one of the best deals you can get for a 1080p television of this quality.

Love it best TV ever

from Stockton, CA

Comments about LG - 42-Inch LCD TV:

My husband won this TV about a year ago at his company Christmas dinner.We love it.Football and Baseball never looked so good, even if the broadcasters don't look as good! Seriously, this is a great [tv][1] , and I really like it. I would definitely recommend to anyone, and usually do! All our friends come to my house now, whether there is a "big game" or not. Everyone loves it, especially with my surround sound.

One of the best performance tv's around, though my experience is limited, Hey, who wouldn't trust LG. I mean a company with a logo 'Life's Good' But we know they have great cell phones, right? The clarity and performance stands up to all tv's of it's class. the 1080p performance is pristene clear and thoroughly enjoyable for an [lcd tv][2] . With a Blu-ray player, IT IS TRULY BREATHTAKING. I know these things, So, I still believe lg makes a wonderful competitive product and will still use them as much as possible. Highly recommended. We also have lg [phones][3] and a 22" lcd puter monitor and love them all.

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/LG-42LB5D-LCD-TV-review-59f45
[2]: http://www.viewpoints.com/LG-42LB5D-LCD-TV-review-51a96
[3]: http://www.viewpoints.com/LG-42LB5D-LCD-TV-review-51a96

Great TV and Great Price

from Jacksonville, FL

Comments about LG - 42-Inch LCD TV:

We bought this TV because we wanted a bigger screen then the 32 in. that we had in the living room.  The picture is very crisp and clean and the sound is great too, though we mainly use it through our home theater system.  I love how many hdmi ports there are and that I can hook up several different units to the tv.  I also like how the TV recognizes when I turn on my blu-ray or something on and my TV adjusts to that port.   The menus are easy to figure out and give you the ability to scan channels so if you are hooked up to cable with no box or an antenna then you can find what channels are available to you.  The scanning portion does take a long time to go through everything but it does a good job.  I also love that you can name the channels and add them to your favorites so you can go back to them fast.  We love watching football and other sports on the TV as well because it comes in so clear!

too big for the bedroom

from Bay City, MI

Comments about LG - 42-Inch LCD TV:

The sound isn't too good though.

GREAT picture!

The lg 42lb5d lcd tv stands alone for quality pic and performanc

from Prince George, VA

Comments about LG - 42-Inch LCD TV:

One of the best performance tv's around, though my experience is limited, i did extensive research. Hey, who wouldn't trust LG. I mean a company with a logo 'Life's Good' But we know they have great cell phones, right? The clarity and performance stands up to all tv's of it's class. the 1080p performance is pristene clear and thoroughly enjoyable for an lcd tv. With a Blu-ray player, IT IS TRULY BREATHTAKING. I know these things, since i am an artist, mural and decorative painter.

Cons...within the first year the main board was going out causing difficulty to view the pic. It was truly doing weird stuff, but lg followed up and within a week a new main board was installed free and we were up and running. This was, of course a manufacturing issue from abroad, (faulty main boards). The gentleman had replaced over a 100 that week. Not Lg's fault, but i was truly impressed with the service. So, I still believe lg makes a wonderful competitive product and will still use them as much as possible. Highly recommended. We also have lg phones and a 22" lcd puter monitor and love them all.

It was an excellent buy

from West Henrietta, NY

Comments about LG - 42-Inch LCD TV:

**LG - 42LB5D LCD TV** Great TV with an excellent picture it hookup to my surround sound system no proble.     I got everything that I was asking for when I purchase this tv from circuit city I Love this TV. Ir has plenty of hookups for my gaming system and setup was simply and easy to manage

makes monday night football better than ever!

from Cedar City, UT

Comments about LG - 42-Inch LCD TV:

This was my present to myself, and it is worth every penny. Football never looked so good, even if the broadcasters don't look as good! Seriously, this is a great tv, and I really like it. I would definitely recommend to anyone, and usually do! All my friends come to my house now, whether there is a "big game" or not. Everyone loves it, especially with my surround sound.

LG LCD TV is movie theatre quality in your home

from Swoyersville, PA

Comments about LG - 42-Inch LCD TV:

This LCD made by LG has one of the best pictures that I have seen.  It is extremely crisp and clear.  It is almost like you are sitting in the t.v.  Although with the size you have to make sure that your room that you are in can support the size.  When you are close up the quality for any LCD TV is not there.  LG does make one of the best TV's for the price and the picture.