4.1
WT1101CW
LG 4.3 cu. ft. Top Load Washing Machine

LG 4.3 cu. ft. Top Load Washing Machine

4.1

Pros

• Clean clothes well (4)
  • Energy efficient (4)
  • Large capacity (4)
  • Quiet (4)
  • Adjustable settings (3)

Cons

• Long cycle (4)

• Everyday clothes (4)
  • Delicate (3)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Frequent user (4)

The best washer I have ever had!

Hands down, this is the best washing machine I have ever had, used or owned. I specifically worded it this way because for 15 years I was in the Army. I (and my family) moved a lot. And we rented a lot of places as well. It wasn't until I got into government housing that we finally bought a washer.

This washer, balances the load itself to avoid it from rocking during the spin cycle. It runs quietly and uses less water, yet clean as well if not better than my previous washers. Additionally, it spins the load so that the clothes are dryer, so my dryer works less at drying the clothes.

The detergent slot is set up so that the water runs through it when first fills. Same with the fabric softener with the rinse cycle.

If you don't believe me, as certain reporting service rated it a "best buy" and it is the highest rated of all top-loading washers.

I had to order mine, but it arrived in about 4 weeks and am really glad we got it.

Worst machine

This machine is the worst piece of JUNK- I've owned it for 1.5 yrs and can not wait to dump it- impossible to just throw a load in and leave- you are guaranteed to go back and see the load is unbalanced- cloths are never completely cleaned when it's finished ( which can take days) if you actually have to leave the house and not babysit this piece of junk!

Buyer beware do not waste your money- LG's website and another site show this as a great machine- do not believe it.

I'll never buy another LG product!

The Best Value in Washing Machines

from Lansdowne, PA

Comments about LG 4.3 cu. ft. Top Load Washing Machine:

I recently purchased this washer after my old one just did not clean well any more, as well as was smelling awful. I love LG products, and this did not disappoint. Firstly, it is a beautiful machine, very well designed. It is very easy to operate--the controls are intuitive and I love having very specific options to choose from as far as soil level, temperature, fabric type, etc. This washer has it all. It is very quiet to operate and the results so far have been fantastic. I honestly noticed that my whites were whiter after I used the cycle that was specifically for whites. My husband noticed this as well, without my even having to ask him (which is saying something). The tub is quite deep and holds a lot of laundry....it may be challenging for a shorter person to reach all the way down inside, as I am 5'6" and I have to extend my reach to get every item. I'm also looking forward to lower water and electricity costs! I would highly recommend this washer.

• Cleaning Time:

Great buy on a good budget.

from Toledo, OH

Comments about LG 4.3 cu. ft. Top Load Washing Machine:

Overall this thing does the job. My clothe always come out clean first try and installation was a breeze. The compact size is amazing for apartments and it doesn't make too much noise so I can run it whenever I want without waking people up.

Energy Efficiency
Even now looking back at my water and energy bill from before I bought my new washing machine I can definitely see the difference. I live in an apartment so the fact that it doesn't blow a fuse when I turn it on is amazing.

There's not too many buttons so it's easy to use which is great because I rarely have to change the settings when I wash different loads.

I'm all for minimalism when it comes to heavy duty appliances. I like the sleek design it's not awkwardly shaped and bulky. It's a crisp white so that it blends in with the white walls and almost disappears.

I can't really stuff it like I want however for it's size it does hold a lot more than you'd expect.

Pretty Decent....Good Buy

Comments about LG 4.3 cu. ft. Top Load Washing Machine:

I was looking out for a washing machine within a limited budget, tried to get a front loading at this budget but unfortunately couldn't find a one with a good brand & all features I wanted. So I at last opted for top loading.

This is indeed one of the very good product from LG in this price range. Though I would hope that it would have had more features but as I said at this price I heart this washer. As soon as we start the washer, it makes a very nice noice to indicate that it started. Once it is done it plays a cute little song which indicates that the washing is done. The cap of the washer is pretty tidy & doesn't slip. It also has the break control which prevents the lid to shut down quickly with a bump.

The clothes gets washed very clean & since it is a top loaded it saves a lot of water & detergent. We can wash lot many clothes at once which are hard washed & clean the stains.

All in all I recommend this washer...

Great washing machine

from Old Hickory, TN

Comments about LG 4.3 cu. ft. Top Load Washing Machine:

I love the glass top and all the features of this machine. It cleans and freshen my laundry so much better than the front loader it replaced. The capacity is amazing and the sleek design fits perfectly in our laundry room. I especially like the pull out style of the dispenser for the detergent and fabric softener which makes it very easy to fill.

The Best

Comments about LG 4.3 cu. ft. Top Load Washing Machine:

This is one of the best investments I've ever made. After my old Washer wore out I came to Viewpoints to get reviews. Thank you fellow viewpointers. I decided after I looked at the reviews and my budget to get the LG. It is worth every penny. I can wash more cloths and save energy. Again it's a little pricey but I'll save in the end. I've only had it 4 months and am completely satisfied. It is a great machine for small spaces which I have. I also like the design, modern and looks cool. I plan to buy other LG products in the future. The cleaning time is amazing. It only takes one wash where with my old machine it took two washes to get the whites done. I find myself using less detergent which saves me money. I also have the dryer as well and they work together like a charm. So if anyone ever doubted this product please consider it. LG made a believer out of me. I though big name useless product, but to my surprise it actually works. Thank you for taking the time to read this

• Cleaning Time:

Great washer for the money

from Jacksonville, FL

Comments about LG 4.3 cu. ft. Top Load Washing Machine:

When our last washer finally broke for the last time, we were really bummed. It was a top loading energy efficient washer and the clothes came out amazing. We used cloth diaper with both of our children, so we needed something that cleans really well. We also, did not have a huge budget. I wanted another top loading energy efficient washer, and this one served that purpose. It was affordable and it is certainly efficient. There are a few complaints, however. Even when not overloaded, heavily soiled clothes still come out quite dirty, sometimes even chunks of food stuck to them. I am very thankful that my children are no longer in diapers and I do not believe this washer would be able to wash them well enough. Another issue that I have a problem with is that it does not allow you to wash any waterproof type items. This would include diapers, bath mats, etc. This is extremely inconvenient. Again, thankfully my children are no longer in diapers. However, I am not sure how I am supposed to wash my bath mats, indoor welcome mats, shower curtains, etc...going to the laundromat is less than desirable. It also becomes unbalanced very easily. Any time I wash a blanket or comforter, I have to babysit the laundry because the blanket needs to be shifted by hand several times throughout the cycle.

Affordable and efficient

Comments about LG 4.3 cu. ft. Top Load Washing Machine:

Great washing machine . Cost much less than front loader machines but still looks stylish and cleans great. The load sensing is a great feature as all you have to Sonia throw your clothes in and your pretty much ready to go. Quick wash function is great and only takes 32 minutes this really helps conserve energy. Its also great for washing large and small loads, you'd be surprised bow much you can actually get into the machine.

Cleaning Time
On quick wash it cleans in 32 minutes.

Gets the job done and clothes. I've also noticed it's much easier to transfer the clothes from the washer to the dryer. The closes do no get as stuck together as I've had experiences in the past.

Very easy to use. The push buttons are great.

The design looks modern. It also has smart technology features on it in the event that something did go wrong with it that will help you send information electronically to LG.

Have only had for one year but this has a great warranty on it.

I LOVE IT!!!

Comments about LG 4.3 cu. ft. Top Load Washing Machine:

Love not having to guess the water level anymore, the washer weighs the load and dispenses the water accordingly. it locks as soon as the load starts which is nice so nobody can mess with anything. I noticed the water and electric bill immediately; such a big difference

I love that it's digital and easy to use but I'm 5'4" and it's hard to reach the bottom to get all the clothes

Awesome Washing Machine!

Comments about LG 4.3 cu. ft. Top Load Washing Machine:

This washing machine is a great appliance. It was given to us as a gift and were unaware that they were still making top loader washing machines. I really like this feature because you don't have to bend down so much to get all the clothes out. It also has a lot of room for big loads. I think the load sensing feature is really nice because it washes them the way they need to be! We used to have a front loader machine and had a lot of problems and bad smells coming from it. We had to clean the washer after each use. This one has not given us any problems at all! Also it is very quiet! Our washroom is located near the living room so we did not want it to be too loud in case someone came over and it has been super quiet!

Cleaning Time
I thought that this machine washed at a reasonable time, most other machines take such a long time to wash and this washer has been fast and cleans really well. I think it has proven to be a great washer!

LOVE this washer!!

Comments about LG 4.3 cu. ft. Top Load Washing Machine:

I am an appliance snob so I wasn't sure that I was going to like a top load washer as well as my old front loader but I read so many great reviews that I decided to go for it. This washer is wonderful (and the price is fantastic!) I have recently become impressed with LG appliances in general and this one definitely lives up to the brand. It is so intuitive that even my husband can figure out how to use it and I love how many different cycle options it has. It is wonderfully efficient... we have actually noticed a decrease in our electric bill...and uses so little water that at first I was worried that the clothes wouldn't be clean. But they are!! With no center agitator you never have to worry about clothes getting caught up and twisted but I feel like it cleans better than my previous front loader. It runs very quietly and as someone else noted it re-balances itself if it ever becomes unbalanced...which was something I hated having to deal with with previous top loaders that we have had. Definitely recommend it!!