Other Waffle Makers:

Krups WaffleChef Belgian Waffle Iron

Pros

Cons

Krups Waffle Maker Makes Great Waffles with Easy Cleanup

The Krups Waffle Maker makes great waffles and cleans up nicely.  I received 2 different waffle makers as a gift; one was the Krups, the other one was a different (lesser) brand.  To finish breakfast faster, I used both waffle makers.  What a great way to compare two very different simple kitchen appliances.  The both cooked the waffles, and both slipped right out without sticking on the cooking surface.  The biggest difference was that the Krups had a non-stick surface beyond just the cooking surface, out to the edges of the waffle maker.  Batter that had overflowed during cooking cleaned right off with when wiped with a rag.  The other waffle maker did not have the teflon out to the edges, so the overflow of batter was baked on and had to basically be chisled off.  The Krups machine made perfect waffles every time, no variation throughout the waffles, or the entire batch, and the easier clean up made this Krups Waffle Maker the one for me.

Not a cool waffle maker

I reived the Krups Waffle Iron as a gift. I was excited to have, but became disappointed after using it and seeing the results. The biggest problem I have is how no matter what I do, the waffles always come out half-cooked! I believe that the source of that problem is the thickness of the waffles. You see, you have to fill the waffle maker with enough batter so that the batter touches the top part of the waffle iron when you close the top. Otherwise, one side is brown and crispy and the other side isn't brown or golden at all. But when you fill the waffle iron to the top, to brown both sides, the waffles become thick and come out half cooked in the inside!! Ugh! I drove me crazy each time I used it. I tried changing the recipe that was included in the manual a little bit, but it doesn't help. Finally, I just told myself that I will not use it any more, now it's just collectiing dust in the closet. Oh, and did I mention that it's hard to clean? Yep! I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS!

Best waffle maker I ever owned!

from Morrisville, PA

Comments about Krups WaffleChef Belgian Waffle Iron:

I love this waffle maker. I have owned and used various waffle makers over the past 39 years. I received a revere one for my wedding. We used it for many years up til too many drops by too many children caused its demise. I bought an inexpensive replacement, but it didn't work very well and it seemed a lot of waffles stuck although it was Teflon.

I received my Krups waffle maker as a gift from the Martha Stewart show when my daughter and I went to see her show being taped. We each got one! She uses hers at her new apartment and mine is used often.

It makes a perfect waffle every time. Nothing sticks so clean up is easy.

Settings/Features
The heat setting is perfect for waffles cooking properly.

Since nothing sticks, it is easy to clean .

They even included a great recipe.

• Settings/Features:

A happy treat for those lazy weekend mornings

from Sugar Land, TX

Comments about Krups WaffleChef Belgian Waffle Iron:

I am overall very satisfied with this product. It was a gift from a friend who had an extra one, and it's nicer than one I could have bought for myself as a grad student. After using a quality waffle iron, I would definitely never buy something cheaper or of less quality. I do think the waffles this iron produces are worth it!

No complaints here. Just many, many happy mornings enjoying waffles with butter and 100% maple syrup. I also prefer my waffles to be a bit softer (less browned and crunchy), so this is flexible enough to allow me to remove my waffle(s) early and finish cooking the rest for more time.

Settings/Features
There are no special settings or features...this waffle iron just makes you 4 lovely Belgian waffles at one time. Nice and uncomplicated! There is an area on the back end for winding up the power cord while it's not in use, and the waffle iron can be stood upright on this back end for storage, using up less space on your counter or in your pantry. No buttons, no endless combinations of settings to figure out -- Krups knows that no one wants to think that hard in the morning. Krups also knows that if you're making waffles for dinner, you're probably tired and don't want to think much then, either.

I leave the cleaning for the end, when the plates have cooled off. I suppose if you're into extreme kitchen tactics, you could attempt it while the waffle iron is warm/hot...but I personally don't recommend that. Wiping down the edges and plates with a damp paper towel is quick and easy, even with all the little ridges that form the squares on the waffles. There is plenty of room, and it shouldn't take more than 1-3 minutes, depending on how careful you like to be.

In the beginning you may have a hard time gauging just how much batter to use, resulting in a bit oozing out (don't worry, cleanup is easy...but wait until after so you can get it all at once, safely), but other than that, it couldn't be more simple. Plug the waffle iron in, wait for it to heat up, scoop in the batter and click the lid shut tight...wait for the little green indicator to come on, open it up and remove your tasty breakfast! I find that adding nonstick cooking spray or rubbing the plates with oil/butter at the very start to help with the ease of removal.

It's a good, sturdy piece of equipment. The plates are not removable, so everything is all one solid piece and doesn't come off as flimsy. Although it'd be interesting to be able to make waffles in different shapes, or to use it for grilled sandwiches, I prefer that everything you need is attached and not going to get lost.

• Settings/Features:

Waffles at home are easy...

from Boston, MA

Comments about Krups WaffleChef Belgian Waffle Iron:

My mom gave me this as a gift. My sister got one too, and she clearly didn't like it as much because I now have both. Some people have mentioned spraying the iron, but I do not and find the waffles don't stick. I make sure to add a touch of butter or olive oil to the batter recipe (waffle recipes call for more fat than pancakes so they will crisp). Yes, the first batch comes out slightly less done, but this happens when I make pancakes on a griddle too. I love these waffles, and so have people who have come for brunch. I add a touch of vanilla extract, nutmeg and cinnamon. Brunch is the favorite meal for some friends and I, and Krups made me a brunch hit...

Are there better waffle irons out there? Sure. But this is pretty good for a decent price and pretty simple to use.

Settings/Features
I am fine with the features it already has, but I've never owned a different iron so it's possible I just don't know what I am missing.

Stuff barely sticks, so I am okay with the non-removable plates. But I'd love to be able to take them out and give them a better cleaning, so it can't have a good score for this.

I find it very simple to use. Took a touch of experimenting to get waffles to cook just like I wanted, and occasionally I still mess up, but it didn't take long to have it pretty down pat.

I've had this for a while now and find it to be pretty durable, as I can be tough on things.

My go-to waffle iron

from Bandon, OR

Comments about Krups WaffleChef Belgian Waffle Iron:

Very straightforward- no bells or whistles, but it does have a light to tell you when its ready and a place to wrap the cord around for storage. I though it was overpriced at the time, but it is really sturdy and has lasted for over ten years. It is fairly easy to clean and it heats evenly.

Delicious waffles

from Webster, MA

Comments about Krups WaffleChef Belgian Waffle Iron:

This waffle maker makes delicious waffles. My kids love them. I can be difficult to clean, but as long as you don't over fill it, it's not too bad. The waffles don't stick, but you have to clean out the non stick spray. Waffles cook evenly, but it can be difficult to make "perfect shaped" waffles. I can never make them just right, but the still taste delicious. I'd definitely recommend this waffle maker.

Delicious waffles

Very simple to use.

As with any waffle maker, it can be difficult to get all the crevices.

Very easy.

I've had it for over 8 years and it's still working great.

I love this one!

from Twentynine Palms, CA

Comments about Krups WaffleChef Belgian Waffle Iron:

This wonderful waffle iron makes the most delicious belgian waffles. It is really simple to use. You just heat it up, grease the cooking surface with pam or other cooking spray, pour the batter in and after a couple of minutes the waffles are done. They come out really easy with a spatula. The waffle maker comes with a recipe book that includes a great recipe for belgian waffles. We often add other ingredients to the basic recipe such as chocolate chips or banana or raspberry pieces. They come out delicious every single time and never burnt. Clean up is super simple too. Just wipe down with a moist cloth.

• Settings/Features:

The Krups Waffle Iron is great!

from Allen, TX

Comments about Krups WaffleChef Belgian Waffle Iron:

We received the Krups Waffle Iron for our wedding nearly five years ago. My family of 5 loves pancakes and waffles and we use this waffle iron at least twice a week. It has held up very nicely and is a very sturdy machine. I just wait for it to heat up, spray both sides lightly with PAM, pour my mixture in and wait for the indicator light to turn off. Krups gives you four nice 1 inch thick square shaped waffles. They are about four inches across. Sometimes I over pour the mix in and it falls down the sides, but it is easily wiped up. Can't blame them for my over zealousness! The Krups waffle iron also has a nice part in the back of the iron where u can wrap the cord when it is being stored. This is a very nice waffle iron that I know my family will continue to use.

Waffle Maker

from Machesney Park, IL

Comments about Krups WaffleChef Belgian Waffle Iron:

We got this Krups WaffleChef Belgian Waffle Iron when we got married. We diidn't use it for the longest time and now with children we use it once a month. When I plug it in and unplug it there is always sparks. It doesn't take long to heat up although I am often confused by the lights because they are frequently changing. You have to spray it down with vegatable spray once because if not the waffles stick. You don't have to do it with every batch of waffles, just the first one. And that first batch never turns out. They are always soggy and look undercooked no matter how long they cook. After that it delivers perfect waffles in 3 minutes. I wish we have gotten the larger one because with four hungry kids cooking two waffles at a time takes forever.

Delicious, Huge waffles!

from Pendergrass, GA

Comments about Krups WaffleChef Belgian Waffle Iron:

This is one of those kitchen appliances that we keep in the cabinet, and it gets used maybe four to five times a year. However, whenever we use it, we get super yummy waffles! I love that this Krupps waffle maker makes four good size waffles at a time. I just have my husband and two year old, so that's all we need. I like that I only have to pour batter on it once, and we're done. The waffles truly do come out fluffy and huge. I think the waffle maker cooks them perfectly. I've had zero issues in cleaning it as well. If you wait until it has cooled off, it's very easy to wipe down with a wet cloth. I love that it has a ready light too so I know when the waffle maker is hot and ready. I imagine that we'll use this waffle maker more and more as my child gets older and we have more kids. We do love it!

Great waffles!

from Chandler, AZ

Comments about Krups WaffleChef Belgian Waffle Iron:

I registered for this waffle maker for my wedding. Our great friends got it for us and we have since had them over for waffles! I am not the best waffle batter maker, but this waffle iron helps cover my inequities. I mix up the bisquick waffles and put them in and they never get burnt. Now, my mom comes to visit often and she makes the best waffle batter ever, so we have her make waffles everytime she comes. Everytime whe uses our maker she says, "I wish I had this at home!" She happens to love the light feature that switches when the waffle is fully cooked, she didn't trust it the first time she used it and the waffles stuck to the iron but each subsequent time she has trusted that little light and her waffles come out perfect every time. Love this waffle maker!!