3.5

3.5

Takes way too long

from Nesconset,ny

Comments about Krups La Glaciere 1.5 Quart Ice Cream Maker:

The Krups la glaciere 1.5 court ice cream maker was a waste of my time, money, and dealing with two extremely upset kids for an hour. This was a little more expensive than the other ones I seen on the shelf, but everyone seemed to rave about how there was no need for rock salt or ice. I figured not having to use any ice would be different and maybe more convenient. So I bought it and me and my kids went to go start it. I find out I have to freeze the bowl for 24 hours. That was a little frustrating, but I froze it and we tried it the next day, we did a simple vanilla ice cream, nothing added just until we got the hang of it. So after leaving this gigantic thing in my freezer which was literally almost the size of my freezer, we put in the ingredients and waited. We waited longer and longer until it got ridiculous. It turned into this half frozen half mush disaster. My kids were let down and I was extremely ignored. After taking it back and getting a new one, I went through another day of freezing it and waiting. Again we tried and tried and nothing happened. I read the directions, I did everything I was supposed to, but nothing was happening. I returned it and couldn't even get my money back. So I lost money with a store credit I didn't need and had to go elsewhere to get a different brand. This machine was a big no for me and even if it means having to buy more ice for it, so be it. I would much rather deal with that.

• Capacity:

Wonderful ice cream, but it's a process.

from Westchester, IL

Comments about Krups La Glaciere 1.5 Quart Ice Cream Maker:

The Krups La Glaciere Ice Cream Maker was a staple growing up in my household. It worked to perfection every single time I used it for over 12 years. Some thing you must beware of is that the bowl needs to be completely frozen before using it. If the bowel isn't completely frozen it changes the texture of the ice cream. The ice cream will be extremely soft to the point it will be like a smoothie and the process will take longer. Secondly, be sure to put the paddle on and start the unit once you remove it from the freezer. If you wait even a couple of minutes it will start to frost around the paddle area. Once it starts frosting around the paddle area it will not permit the paddle to move in any direction. Also, making sure the ingredients are at the right temperature is vital to the ice cream making process. Keep the ingredients in the refrigerator a day before making ice cream to insure the best results. I would definitely recommend the Krups La Glaciere Ice Cream Maker.

• Capacity:

I haven't bought ice cream since I bought my Krups Machine!

from San Antonio, TX

Comments about Krups La Glaciere 1.5 Quart Ice Cream Maker:

I received the Krups Ice Cream maker as a gift form my mom, who loves to see whats new at Williams Sonoma. I had previously avoided ice cream makers, thinking that I would have to have the whole machine in my freezer and plugged in at the same time. This machine is great because of a separate bowl that you freeze 24 hours in advance. It makes about 2 quarts worth of ice cream that is typically very soft, think gelato! We have tried all most all the recipes in the instruction booklet that came with the machine, but our favorite is plain vanilla made with Vanilla Bean paste sold at Williams Sonoma. The clean up is a breeze, I put everything plastic on the top rack of my dishwasher and handwash the freezer bowl. Only complaint that I have is that the storage lid for the freezer bowl can become very stiff and hard to remove when you take it right out of the freezer. Ice Cream in our house has become a favorite dessert treat, especially when we had mix-ins like peanut butter cups or chocolate chips with the soft ice cream. This machine has made an ice cream maker a staple in my must have kitchen appliances!

Easy to use, and makes good ice cream and frozen yogurt!

from Kent, WA

Comments about Krups La Glaciere 1.5 Quart Ice Cream Maker:

This is a really good introductory ice cream/yogurt maker. When using it for the first time, make sure you freeze the freezer bowl completely over the course of a few days. Also make sure that your ice cream custard/liquid is completely chilled. These two tips will ensure that you make a decent batch of ice cream in thirty minutes or less. This ice cream maker comes with freezer bowl, lid with hole in top to add additional ingredients while churning, and a churning attachment that fits inside the bowl and churns the chilled liquid. I would definitely recommend this ice cream maker if you are looking to make your own ice cream with minimal costs.

In the heat of summer, nothing can beat homemade ice cream

from Glenview, IL

Comments about Krups La Glaciere 1.5 Quart Ice Cream Maker:

There is no cranking or stirring and no ice or salt required. This is low maintenance ladies. Even cleaning the machine is simple.* (But Jackson still had fun "making" the ice cream by measuring and mixing up the ingredients and pouring it in the machine. For his short attention span, he sure thought he worked hard for his ice cream.)*

And if you want to make it more elaborate, it comes with a recipe booklet full of gourmet ice cream and sorbet recipes. You will shock your summer guests with your elaborate creations like Pineapple sorbet with Creme Brulee flavour, Kiwi and fresh mint sorbet, or Sorbet of fresh and dried figs in brandy. You can be as fancy or as simple as you want - and it will do all the heavy work for you. *(We made good old fashioned vanilla ice cream for our first run.)*

This is the final step in making homemade ice cream. We made ice cream -opeach and the initial prep steps are outlined there. Also see the cute pictures when the boys  whip cream near the end. You basically take the frozen Krups cylinder that has been in the freezer for a few days and dump a bunch ice cream goolash into it, Only fill it about 2/3'rds the way up - as it expands a bit as it entraps air. Fire up the motor and away you go - it will take about 15 minutes and you'll start to hear the motor strain a bit near the end. Use a spoon to stir it a bit as it goes ... and, of course, sample a bit. All of a sudden, the motor will just STOP - the ice cream has frozen enough that it no longer has enough torque to keep spinning.

Serve the ice cream straight from the container - it will be very creamy. If you don't finish it, fill the smallest tupperware container and seal it up, tossing into the freezer ... but this isn't near as good the next day ... so just eat it all right now! ;-)

Krups La Glaciere: Delicious and Fast Homemade Ice Cream

from Big Island, VA

Comments about Krups La Glaciere 1.5 Quart Ice Cream Maker:

**Krups La Glaciere 1.5 Quart Ice Cream Maker**The **La Glaciere 1.5 Quart Ice Cream Maker by Krups** was a great choice for our ice cream loving family. We enjoy buying local fruits from pick your own farms and homemade ice cream is a reward for our efforts. With **Krups La Glaciere 1.5 Quart Ice Cream Maker** there's no ice, no rock salt, no churning and no waiting for hours but there are a few things you should know before you use a **Krups La Glaciere 1.5 Quart Ice Cream Maker. **The **Krups La Glaciere 1.5 Quart Ice Cream Maker** is easy to use, easy to clean and a reasonable size for storage. If we have guests over, the 1.5 quart container offers scoops around the house. If it is just our family of four, we can each have a generous bowl and I freeze left overs (usually a large yogurt container full) for another day.Features of the **Krups La Glaciere 1.5 Quart Ice Cream Maker:**There are only 4 parts to this ice cream maker; the canister container, the lid, the motor and the mixer. The motor fits easily on the lid. The mixer inserts into the motor. Snap those 3 parts on top of the canister container and you've got it. There is a pouring hole in top of the lid so that you can assemble the ice cream maker and then easily add the ingredients for homemade ice cream.What You Should Know about the **Krups La Glaciere 1.5 Quart Ice Cream Maker:**You'll need to freeze the canister for 24 hours before you use it. You'll need to mix and refrigerate ice cream ingredients the night before and keep them in the refrigerator. If you're using juicy fruits like peaches, freeze the slices first.So this does require some planning ahead but if you do these three things, your ice cream will be ready in less than 45 minutes once you start the La Glaciere. Some of the recipes they include require cooking. Forget about it! Find easy homemade ice cream recipes and if you follow the instructions above, you should have yummy ice cream in less than 45 minutes.What I would change about the **Krups La Glaciere 1.5 Quart Ice Cream Maker**:When we've had our fill of homemade ice cream, I wish that the canister came with a lid so that I could simply put the top on and put the canister of left over ice cream right in the freezer. As it is, I have to transfer it to another container and usually lose some in the process. ***My Viewpoint:***You have to plan ahead and I wish this came with a seal-able lid for freezing left overs but the **Krups La Glaciere 1.5 Quart Ice Cream Maker** makes great tasting homemade ice cream in less than 45 minutes. We've enjoyed chocolate, strawberry and peach so far. It's easy to use, easy to clean and a reasonable size for storage. When you make homemade ice cream in theThe Krups La Glaciere 1.5 Quart Ice Cream Maker, the ice cream and the process are a treat.