4.1
KM7000
Krups 10-Cup Grind-and-Brew Coffee Maker

Krups 10-Cup Grind-and-Brew Coffee Maker

4.1

Thus far the best grind and brew I've tried

Comments about Krups 10-Cup Grind-and-Brew Coffee Maker:

This is my second grind and brew coffee machine, and after four months of use, I love it and prefer it over the Cuisineart grind and brew due to its ease of use, ease of clean up, multiple coffee and grind settings, the conical burr grinder, the automatic brew setting, and the way it makes the house smell heavenly when coffee is being brewed.

Brew Performance
Coffee tastes amazing when brewed in this machine. It allows the user to change the grind levels and the strength levels, and grinds the beans in burr grinder which is better for coffee beans than a blade grinder. My only complaint is that the way it is designed makes it harder to control for a cup of caffeinated vs. decaffeinated coffee on a cup by cup basis, since you fill the grinder with beans for several uses.

All you have to do is wash the carafe, throw out the filter, and rinse the filter basket (if you use paper filters). The grinder only needs to be washed on occasion, if oils build up (which has not happened yet).

Second to the brew quality, this is the best aspect of the product. Even my husband knows how to use it (the previous one I used was so complicated that he gave up).

It is quite large and tall, so customers should check the dimensions to make sure it fits under cabinets and on counter, but its stainless steel/black design goes beautifully with my kitchen. My kitchen is relatively small but it fits in well.

I purchased this item refurbished to save money, and it has lasted so far. I only wish the carafe was thermal instead of glass.

• Brew Performance:

for fresh ground wonderfully brewed coffee

from Edenton, NC

Comments about Krups 10-Cup Grind-and-Brew Coffee Maker:

for that most wonderful, aromatic fresh ground, fresh brewed coffee, I use my Krups burr

grinder and brewing coffee maker. it has a coffee bean compartment for coffee bean storage  and you can select the fineness of the grind. it has a water filtration system which ensures your coffee will be as chemical free as possible. it displays the time, number of cups, coffee strength, filter check and aroma function.It has a programmable time adjuster which means you can wake up to fresh brewed coffee every day. The

aroma is magnificent. One cup of coffee from this machine and you will want no other.

Krups Grind and Brew makes a great cup of coffee!

from Fountain Hills, AZ

Comments about Krups 10-Cup Grind-and-Brew Coffee Maker:

I have had a couple of grind and brew machines...this one is the best I've tried. You need to keep the beans and the grinding process away from the water or else you have one big mess. Grinding coffee beans is a pretty messy job anyway but despite the other reviews, this one doesn't make too big of a mess. The problem I encountered with the Krups is that when you pour water or coffee out of the pitcher, it spills, no matter what you do. It's pretty impossible to not spill water or coffee on your counter, but the coffee it makes is worth the trouble.

My first Grind and Brew broke one week after the warranty was up...but I called Krups and they completely replaced the whole unit after I sent the broken one back. I was happy Krups stood behind their product. It has a timer and an option to not grind coffee if you don't want to, so it is up to you to decide.

This Krups does make one great cup of coffee.

Love my Krupps Grind & Brew-- for more than 2 years

from Verona, WI

Comments about Krups 10-Cup Grind-and-Brew Coffee Maker:

I love my Krupps Grind and Brew, and I've had it for more than 2 years now. It has great features, like the program to grind and brew at a set time. I love that you can select how strong you want the coffee, how fine to grind the beans, and the option to have it brew 2-4 cups extra slowly so that you can still get great coffee with just a few cups.

I haven't had any issues with the coffee maker. Some users online have commented about the beans not going through the grinder. I've never experienced that issue, and I've used plain beans, flavored beans, super fresh beans, older beans, oily beans, and dry beans. In other words, I've put a lot in there. You can also do pre-ground beans if you only have that available. You just put it directly into the filter like with a regular coffee maker.

There's about a teaspoonful that gets left in the spout that sends the freshly ground beans into the filter, but that doesn't matter to me. My one thing to enhance the coffee maker would be to add a filter that's reusable.

Easy to clean, makes good coffee, has broken down easily.

from San Diego, CA

Comments about Krups 10-Cup Grind-and-Brew Coffee Maker:

I received this coffee brewer/grinder as a gift last Christmas.  The first problem I had with the brewer/grinder was it would make a make a mess around the side of the unit when it was grinding the coffee. I cleaned it thoroughly after each use, and reset all of the grinder settings, but it still happened.  A couple weeks ago, the grinder would not work so I started using ready ground beans and it worked okay.  Then this past week the brewer went out and the heating element wouldn't work.  This brewer/grinder is not yet a year old.   I have had several Krups products in the past, but this is the first Krups brewer/grinder I have owned.  The others were just brewers and they worked fine.  and have enjoyed using them, but this one seemed to be a lemon. I like the idea of being  able to program the unit and have fresh ground and brewed coffee when our family wakes up in the morning, but it is not possible now.  I pulled out an old coffee brewer that had and am using it until I have a change to replace the current broken one.  I would recommend Krups, but not their grinder/brewer.

The Krups brewer/grinder makes a great cup of coffee

from Lake Forest, CA

Comments about Krups 10-Cup Grind-and-Brew Coffee Maker:

The Krups 12 cup coffee brewer/grinder is a great addition to my kitchen.  It has a grinder in the top of the coffee maker so you do not need to separately grind your coffee.  This is a great convenience so you do not have to have another appliance sitting around in your cabinet or on the countertop, yet you can have freshly ground coffee for each pot that you make.  It also gives you the convenience of being able to use pre-ground coffee if that is what you have on hand.  It is very easy to switch from one use to the other.  Either one works well and gives you a good cup of coffee.

I like the fact that the cofee does not drip onto the burner/warmer when you take the pot out to pour the first cup.  Somehow the shape of the filter and the design of the cup over the pot allows the coffee to drip out completely without the nuisance of the last drops falling after the pot is removed to pour.  No more burnt coffee smell when you pour your first cup!

This coffee maker also has interesting features allowing you to adjust the strength of the brew and has a filter built into the water reservoir to filter the water before you brew your coffee.  All this and still easy to use!

Don't buy it.

from Elizabethtown, KY

Comments about Krups 10-Cup Grind-and-Brew Coffee Maker:

Krups Coffee grinder, brewer Model: KM7000 is a poorly designed appliance. When grinding coffee, the grindings spew out of the opening to the filter area; during brewing steam continues to spew from the appliance so much that we had to move it out from under our cabinets to ensure no steam damage; the pot pour spout drips and does not poor coffee satisfactorily. I was extremely disappointed in the product and plan to return it to the vendor.