3.8

Kraft Mayo with Olive Oil

3.8

• Reviewer Profile:
    • Health conscious (3)

Almost as good as the stuff that Dad used to make!

When I was a young kid learning to cook, it goes without saying that I cranked out my share of Brownies, banana cake and Toll House cookies but my Dad taught me something else to do with that fancy MixMaster of ours -- we sometimes made our own mayonnaise!  The concept seems deceptively simple -- just beat some eggs in the mixer and then very slowly add a hot oil mixture to them -- but it was actually difficult to do since adding the hot oil mixture too slow or fast could curdle the eggs.  To make a long story short, making my own mayonnaise is probably something I will never be tempted to do again but I must admit that it tasted delicious.

Over the intervening sandwich-consuming years, my heart has belonged to [Hellmann's][1] and only the powerful bait of ***Kraft Mayo with Olive Oil*** could have lured me into someone else's camp.  I couldn't resist trying this new product but didn't expect anything special to come of it.  That's the wonderful thing about this latest reduced fat overture from Kraft -- it doesn't taste special or different, it tastes like the stuff that Dad used to make and that's probably the best endorsement there is as far as taste is concerned but the stats aren't bad either.

**STATS:**

One tablespoon is considered to be a single serving which contains 45 calories with 35 calories from fat.  There are 4 grams Total Fat, zero Saturated or Trans Fat, 2 grams Monounsaturated and 1 gram Polyunsaturated fat, 95 mg. Sodium, 2 grams Total Carts, and zero Dietary Fiber or Protein.

**TASTE TIP:**

***Kraft Mayo with Olive Oil*** actually contains Soybean Oil also which means that while the fat has been reduced, this condiment has maintained a "basic" taste which suits it for use in all the places where ordinary mayonnaise would be a perfect fit.  (I still think that Kraft Miracle Whip or other sweeter dressings are best for fruit salads.)  There are many recipe suggestions and tips to be found at [KraftFoods.com][2] including one I would have never thought of back in my early baking years -- adding ***Kraft Mayo with Olive Oil*** to cake batter in place of regular cooking oil!

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Hellmanns-Light-Mayonnaise-review-1c131
[2]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Kraftfoods-com-review-198e0

what happened?

I've used Kraft with olive oil since they started making it. The last 2 jars I purchased tasted spoiled. I has to toss out both. I'm thinking its a different taste because both jars tasted bad. The expiration date was still good, dated later in 2016. I purchases a different brand and it taste fine. I like Kraft but not the taste of the last 2 jars.

EXTREMELY powerful floral taste??!

from Ames, IA

About Me Health Conscious

Comments about Kraft Mayo with Olive Oil:

I always used Kraft Mayo with Olive oil, but the last couple of jars I bought had a disgusting overpowering floral taste, complete with aftertaste. I couldn't stomach it and I will never buy it again. I don't know what changed, I have been using this brand for years!

Lately tastes really bad!

from Reno, Nevada

Pros

• Used to taste good

Cons

• Nasty Flavor

Comments about Kraft Mayo with Olive Oil:

I used to buy this mayo all the time but the last two jars tasted horrible. It took me awhile to figure out it was the mayo with olive oil that ruined my deviled eggs and tuna sandwiches. I will not buy this ever again. I don't know what happened. It was a good product.

Horrible!

from Cleveland TN

About Me Foodie

Pros

Cons

• horrible taste

• induce vomiting?!?

Comments about Kraft Mayo with Olive Oil:

I ruined 6 pounds of chicken salad with this horrible tasting stuff. I bought it to reduce calories in my (usually) awesome chicken salad after I added up all the usual calories. HUGE MISTAKE!! My husband & I both nearly gag trying to eat it, but hate to throw that much chicken out. Tried to cover up with double the added ingredients, crackers, banana peppers - nothing will cover up whatever that taste is. I can't tell much difference in its ingredients (other than olive oil - which I love) compared to normal other than preservative junk.

Bad after taste

from Pueblo West Colorado

About Me Health Conscious

Pros

• Easy To Prepare
      • Well Packaged

Cons

• Bad taste

• Entertaining

Comments about Kraft Mayo with Olive Oil:

Kraft olive oil mayo suddenly has bad taste . I had to throw out my otherwise famous deviled eggs. Won't buy again!

what happened?

from Flowery Branch, Ga

About Me Health Conscious, Simple Tastes

Pros

• Good Value

Cons

• Lacks Flavor
      • New jars taste spoiled

• Add Flavor
      • Anytime
      • Entertaining
      • Holidays
      • Snack

Comments about Kraft Mayo with Olive Oil:

Finally, a tasty mayo option that's healthier for me.

Comments about Kraft Mayo with Olive Oil:

I was pleasantly surprised with the taste of Kraft mayo with olive oil. I really like mayonnaise but I know it's not that good for me so I really wanted a healthier option. I had tried other kinds but the taste just wasn't good at all. With this, the taste was slightly different than regular mayonnaise, but in a positive way. This is really good and the fact that it's made with olive oil is a plus. I would recommend.

Great-tasting mayo.

Comments about Kraft Mayo with Olive Oil:

We really only use mayo for a few things: tuna, chicken salad, potato salad, and deviled eggs. All of these have been great with this mayo. We've been using it exclusively for the past three years or so. My wife felt that it was a healthier version of the mayo we were currently using, and we really do like the taste of olive oil. We'll probably have tuna sandwiches a couple of nights a months, and they are great with the olive oil mayo. Plus, with whole wheat bread, they make a filling and inexpensive meal for our family.

Kraft Mayo with Olive Oil - Great for Summer Salads!

from North Royalton, OH

Comments about Kraft Mayo with Olive Oil:

Kraft Mayo with Olive Oil is great for salads, slaw, and dressings. I have made several different things with this over the summer - potato salad, deviled eggs, homemade salad dressing... It has a unique flavor that is really pulled out as a mixer. I enjoyed the product on sandwiches and burgers, but you can't distinguish the uniqueness of its flavor as much. Which can be a good thing, dependent on whether you want to use something that may be a little healthier without diminishing the taste. I would definitely recommend this product!

Why add sugar... sickly

from Fort Lauderdale, FL

Comments about Kraft Mayo with Olive Oil:

If you like sugar added to your mayo then buy it..
      Saw it as a 2 for 1 deal.. mayo with olive oil and made by Kraft a bargain!!
      As soon as I tasted it I found it sickly Why have they added sugar??
      I have mixed it with cider vinegar to make it into a dressing but even still not good.. it's going in the bin

Worth Trying !!

from Jacksonville, NC

Comments about Kraft Mayo with Olive Oil:

I was suprised ! It was great,I started to leave it, my husband talked me into buying it. I didnt want to buy a large jar just to try it. Now I'm glade i did. This is the first time something low fat tasted great! I think if you offered this mayo in a smaller jar to try people would be more willing to try it.