Other Grains & Pastas:

Kraft Macaroni & Cheese Dinner

Pros

Cons

The cheesiest!

Anyone with kids knows mac and cheese is one of the staples in their diet.  But I have learned from experience they prefer one kind to another and it has to be...Read complete review

Anyone with kids knows mac and cheese is one of the staples in their diet.  But I have learned from experience they prefer one kind to another and it has to be made a certain way.

When my girls were younger, they would go to grandma's for lunch and she would fix them mac and cheese.  When they came home I asked how lunch was and they would say "not as good as yours"!  Well, what can you do to mac and cheese - I soon found out - it was the brand!  They like "Kraft" mac and cheese!  Who would have known there was a difference - kids that's who.

Kraft has a yummy creamy cheese sauce, but you have to mix it according to the directions by their dad: butter first, then cheese and milk.  Who would have known!

Just go for fresh grated cheese...

Kraft Macaroni & Cheese used to be a staple side dish for me, all the way through college.  No longer my friends.

I cooked a box recently and...Read complete review

I cooked a box recently and threw it all away after a few bites.  I don't know if they've changed the ingredients or my tastebuds have just refined, but it was absolutely awful!  My mouth felt like it had been coated with oil.  Ugh.

Grating fresh cheese on pasta is a much better option.

You have ruined your macaroni and cheese

from Folsom, CA

Pros

Cons

• Bad Flavor

Comments about Kraft Macaroni & Cheese Dinner:

I don't know what changes you have made to your macaroni and cheese but it tastes really bad. I think it is the GMO's. My husband thinks you changed the cheese. It tastes like cardboard. We have been buying it for 30 years but we will no longer be buying it.

Macaroni and Cheese gotta say it is cheesy

from Garden Grove, CA

Comments about Kraft Macaroni & Cheese Dinner:

This is one of my favorite side dishes and I like it. I really like how it doesn't take that long to make. It takes about fifteen to twenty minutes which is good. I like the taste of this macaroni and cheese and it taste very good. I made this on the stove top, first I boiled the water then added the macaroni to the pot of hot water then cooked the macaroni then drained the water, after that I just added the cheese then I was ready to eat. Fast and simple.

Good for Snacks or Sides

from Utah

Comments about Kraft Macaroni & Cheese Dinner:

Kraft macaroni and cheese boxes make a very good side dish for a meal or else snack, but they are not that great as the main focus of a meal. We will often use them as a side dish for something like hot dogs or grilled chicken/pork chops, and they go quite well as a side dish for something like this. Occasionally we have tried it as the main course of a meal, but the boxes are just too small, and the macaroni and cheese itself is not that filling. It's one of the foods that you can easily tire of the taste before you have had enough to fill you up. So if we want mac and cheese as a main course, we pass on this boxed version and simply make our own homemade mac and cheese. But as a side dish or even as a snack, we like to use this. It does have a good bit of protein, so it can provide a complete snack rather than nibbling at several different types of food before being satisfied. It is also quite high in saturated fat and sodium, but personally, this has not caused us any problems.

Kraft Macaroni & Cheese is satisfying.

Comments about Kraft Macaroni & Cheese Dinner:

Whenever I make a box of Kraft Macaroni & Cheese, I guarantee to please everyone in this house. It is fairly fast to make and only requires butter as an ingredient. Though I enjoy adding vegetables or meat to it, it is great by itself. Often, I use leftovers in soup to cheese them up a bit. It would help to offer this product in a larger size, because even a family of three does not have enough with one box. I especially like the reasonable price on this product, as well.

Mmmm! Brings back childhood memories.

Comments about Kraft Macaroni & Cheese Dinner:

I remember eating Kraft Macaroni & Cheese as a little girl when I came home from school. It was warm, comforting, and cheesy deliciousness! Even now, as an adult, I'll make it at home and it brings back those memories. It tastes so good and makes any meal fun for kids and adults alike.

I love that this product has stayed the same as when I was when a kid. It is so quick and easy to make. I usually microwave it and I think it comes out the same whether you cook it on the stove top or in the microwave. The box comes with the noodles and cheese packet, and I then add the milk and butter. I've experimented around and you can make it just with milk and it turns out pretty good still. I've also used a smaller amount of butter or light margarine, to make it less fat.

I prefer Kraft's brand of mac and cheese better than the store brand. They all taste awful and none of them even come close. I know that a box of Kraft Macaroni & Cheese costs more than it did 20 years ago, but it's worth it to get the authentic cheesy taste. Kraft has lots of versions of mac and cheese now, but they all have their own taste. For me, I prefer to stick to the original.

easy and good

Comments about Kraft Macaroni & Cheese Dinner:

This is very good by itself or as a side dish. Very easy instructions to follow and good to have kids learn to make. This is filling and cheesy. Do not substitute and try the generic, as the cheese is inferior. This is even good if you have left overs to heat up the next day and throw in with something else.

Summarize this product in one sentence.

Comments about Kraft Macaroni & Cheese Dinner:

The Kraft brand of macaroni and cheese is delicious! It is very easy and fast to prepare; even my children can fix it. It is a great addition to many meals. The flavor is much better than other brands and generic products. The value for the money is good as well.

Good but not as good as Velveeta!

Comments about Kraft Macaroni & Cheese Dinner:

We eat Kraft Macaroni and Cheese Dinner occasionally at my house. It is pretty good. We prefer Velveeta though. The cheese tastes better in Velveeta and so do the shells. There is just something about the flavor of the cheese in Kraft's Macaroni and Cheese dinner that we are not too fond of. We wont turn it down, but we don't buy it a lot.

A tasty classic.

Comments about Kraft Macaroni & Cheese Dinner:

I've grown up off of Kraft Macaroni and Cheese. I've been eating this for over twenty years, and it still tastes amazing! It's decently priced, and filling. It's great as a side dish for a family dinner.
      It's very easy to make, the instructions are clear, and it doesn't take long.

Kraft Macaroni % Cheese Dinner

Comments about Kraft Macaroni & Cheese Dinner:

When you don't have time to make your own Macaroni % Cheese Dinner from scratch, purchasing Kraft Macaroni % Cheese dinner is the next best thing! It is by far the best brand out there in terms of quality and taste. My kids won't eat any other brand, and believe me, I've tried a lot of other brands. And there are so many different dishes that
      you can make with Kraft Macaroni & Cheese. Browned hamburg and vegetables like corn and peas combined with Kraft Macaroni & Cheese is a favorite dish in my family.
      You can always find Kraft Macaroni & Cheese in my pantry. I wouldn't be caught without it.