4.1
KONG
KONG Wubba

KONG Wubba

4.1

They are pretty good, but not indestructible.

Kong has always made a toy that is virtually impossible for my dogs to destroy.  We bought the Wubba toy because it was more interesting to the dogs than the regular Kongs.  It makes for a great game of fetch or tug-of-war.  We found that although the squeaker and "tails" made the toy a lot more fun for them to play with, the cloth covering is not impervious to being chewed through.  Once the cloth is gone from the top, the tennis and rubber balls that make up the top of the toy are exposed and quickly destroyed.  It's better than most, but not as good as we expected from the Kong brand.

My puppy loves it, but it didn't last long : (

Luna, my 6 month-30 lbs-lab/pitbull mix has had it for 10 mins, and has already chewed a couple of the strands to shreds!  I bought the kong wubba because of their reputation for being durable...which stands true with the other Kong products we own, but the material on this one didn't pass the "luna" test.  She loves it and it is a very nice alternative to chewing up our socks, but it doesn't look like it'll last much longer .  I'll still buy Kong products only but am a bit disappointed with this one...

Gotta love the durability of Kong toys & Wubba is great!

Comments about KONG Wubba:

I have a 13-month-old Golden puppy who LOVES to chew, so we've become very familiar with almost everything in the Kong line of toys. The Kong Wubba is awesome! It has lasted several months now with almost no sign of wear & tear (the only exception being some slight shredding on one of the legs that happened after repeated tug a war play between my puppy and her other puppy friend). It's taken a beating, and is still holding together quite well. It has the typical funny and unpredictable bounce that Kong is known for, but my pup seems to like the material more than the normal rubber and she absolutely loves the floppy legs/tails on it. It's great for indoor and outdoor play and I must give kudos for the fact that it actually cleans up fairly easily (because it does indeed get dragged through the mud, and occasionally buried in the mud). Great for beach play too, though this version doesn't float as well as the ones specifically made for floating.

Great fun for Fido

from Concord, NC

Comments about KONG Wubba:

I picked up two Kong Wubbas for my dogs about two years ago. One is a pit bull boxer mix, and the other was a great dane. The great dane was gentle with hers, and it held up to her mouthing and slight chewing on it. The other dog quickly chewed part of the top off of his, and went to work on the ball inside of the canvas. Once that initial tear was made, he was able to quickly destroy the Wubba with little effort. But, the good news is that even once he destroyed the "innards" of the Wubba, the canvas shell still made for great tugging fun between him and the great dane.

I've bought my dogs several more since the first ones, and I always know that they're not made to last. I now have a pit bull as well and she plays with the same style as the pit bull mix. They are pretty rough and tumble with them, and even though the toys get damaged, they still hold up for some sort of play even after they begin to tear apart.

I wouldn't recommend them for dogs that consume pieces of toys, and I wouldn't leave my dogs alone with them as they'd pose a choking hazard. But for supervised play, they're great.

great quality

Comments about KONG Wubba:

I have two dogs that are always pretty rough on their toys. they like to destroy and shred things down to just bits. their original kongs have withstood them with ease it seemed so I decided to purchase a kong wubba. they loved squeaky toys but they just don't last long. they rip then open to get the squeaker out then play with just it and I worry about the size of it and their health. this kong wubba has been great for them. they play tug all of the time and the squeaker really gets them going. it seems to be standing up great to them and their destructive behavior. I think it is their favorite toy. they're really cute and surprisingly inexpensive for kong brand products. I was very impressed with this dog toy and will be purchasing more when the time comes. I would recommend this toy for dogs of all breeds and around 70 lbs and under. I feel like a bigger dog would destroy it sooner.

A big dog's friend

Comments about KONG Wubba:

Our 79 pound lap dog loves this toy. She is a old english bulldog who loves to play. We have had her since 12 weeks. We found early on she was a chewer. Chewed anything and everything. We have what is left of a couch to prove it. We needed to find something sturdy and entertaining for her when we needed to leave the house. After trying several other brands we decided to go with the kong. Which claims to be indestructible. The kong wabbu was what we needed. Not only does it keep her busy when we are inside it also is handy when we go to the park. Because of the tails that hand off it is easy to grab and throw. My son has a great time with our dog at the park. There are several way for a dog big or little to play with this toy. They can chew it but they can also toss it around. We bought the one for the large dog and found our little 16 pound dog running around with it as well so we went back to the store to buy her her own! This is a solid product found at any pet shop and most department stores.

Best toy Ever!!!

from Wantagh, NY

Comments about KONG Wubba:

I would highly recommend this toy for anyone who has a dog (or dogs) who love to play. It is fun, durable and comes in different sizes making it appropriate for dogs of all sizes.. We have spent A LOT of money on toys as our dog loves to play but loves to play rough and therefore her toys rarely withstand her powerful jaws. This has really become one of her favorite toys to play with both inside as well as outside. She loves to play fetch but also loves to just toss it around on her own. I think the flaps make this even more fun for her as she thrashes them around as she plays. She does have powerful jaws and this has been one of the few toys that she has consistantly enjoyed and has yet to destroy (by accident of course). She has not gotten bored with this and gets excited each time we take it out to play. Kong really does make well designed, durable toys. Although they can be pricey, they are worth the extra expense because they actually last. A definate must for all dogs!

Dog enjoyed tearing Wubba's tentacles off.

Comments about KONG Wubba:

I bought my dog a hot pink Kong Wubba a few months back, and today only one tentacle is left of the body. I first bought the toy thinking it was a tug toy, but I was quickly proven wrong when my small little dog began to tear off the Wubba's arms. It's my own fault that I misunderstood, but let me tell you now that the Wubba is not a chew toy. It is a toy used for playing catch! It is not meant for heavy chewing and will break if you leave your dog unsupervised and he starts chewing at the arms. I really liked the material that the Wubba is made out of. It looks pretty sturdy and has this kind of waterproof type of fabric. It was fun to play with while it lasted, but since my dog isn't all too interested in playing catch it just became a chew toy for him to destroy. If you are looking for a toy to throw around and play catch with, the Kong Wubba may be perfect for you. If you are looking for a chew toy or a tug toy, note that the Wubba is not made for chewing and tugging and that the tentacles do not last long.

A must have for dogs that chew.

from Tryon, NC

Comments about KONG Wubba:

I bought our first Kong Wubba for our Miniature Daschund when he was a couple of months old.  He loved it!  It's great for fetching and during the bad teething time it was a great toy for him to chew on. This Christmas everyone is buying a Kong Wubba for Gunther.  It's also wonderful  for playing tug of war games too.  Heavy duty fabric and reinforced stitching makes it very durable.

Finally, something puppy can't chew through!

from Columbus, OH

Comments about KONG Wubba:

Puppy chews through toys faster than I ever would have guessed, but the Kong Wubba has actually lasted three months and shows almost no wear and tear.  It's great for playing tug, fetch, and starting a game of chase.  It's lasted outside through rain and wet grass and doesn't smell funny from them.The squeaker is tough for her to getj working, but she seems to love it anyway.

Indestructable and Irresistable!

from Wake Forest, NC

Comments about KONG Wubba:

What a fun toy! My 9 pound Jack Russell has had a ball toting this around, and chewing on the end straps.  She can chew through anything in a matter of minutes, and the canvas that makes up this toy is suprisingly durable!  It has survived many chew sessions with no wear.  The middle section with the squeaky ball istoo large for her to get her jawsaround, so we do not have to listen to the noise constantly.  At least it is a different squeak than other toys.  She carries it around by the little knob on the end orthe end straps, and loves to shake it around and put it in our laps so we will tug with her.  A definite winner, she goes to it time and time again.

Kong Wubba is entertaining, well priced, and loved by my dog.

from South Lebanon, OH

Comments about KONG Wubba:

Having bought other Kong products, we picked up the Kong Wubba for my three year old dashchund. She's a very playful dog and loves having a toy to chew on and throw around. Even though the material was easily shredded by her, that's the way she likes it and it's kept her entertained for hours on end.

The Kong Wubba is well priced and comes in a variety of colors and sizes, perfect for any dog who likes a nice toy to munch on.