Other Strollers:

Kolcraft Contours Options Tandem Stroller

Pros

Cons

• Maneuverability:

Love this stroller...perfect for what I needed!

I looked for a long time for a double stroller when I was pregnant with my second child.  I settled on this one because of the movable seats!  My 2 year-old hates to sit in a stroller when we're out, so I thought that if I could put the seats facing each other, she would be happier to sit in the stroller if she could play with her little brother.  And miracle of all miracles happened!  She LOVES that she can face her baby brother and be mommy's helper with him!  The seats are a little bit small, but my 2 year-old (almost 3) still fits comfortably in them.  My only complaint is that this stroller doesn't have cup holders for the kids like some of the other ones I looked at did.

I love the big open basket under the seats, plus if I just have one child in the stroller, I can take off one of the seats and have more access to the basket.  The two parent cup-holders are great, plus there's a little cubby that has a lid on it between the cup holders where I can put my cell phone and keys so I don't have to fumble around in the diaper bag when I need them.  In order for it to fold well at least one of the seats has to be removed, but it just snaps on and off, so it is not a big deal for me...it is also much sturdier than I initially thought it would be when I saw how they come on and off.

The stroller is a bit big and bulky, but every nice double stroller is.  Overall I am very happy with this car seat and the only thing I would change about it is giving the kids cup holders.

I really like it, but think they could improve it.

When I was shopping for a new stroller I had very specific needs. I have a three year old that doesn't walk, so I knew that I had to have something that would be durable, reliable, and comfortable. It was also necessary for it to be compatible with a newborn! I decided on the Kolcraft Contours Options Tandem Stroller.

I feel like this stroller met all of my initial desires in a stroller. I liked the versatility of the seats. I could use it with an infant carrier and both of the seats can face either direction. They reclined with enough space so they wouldn't squish each other and the seats were deep enough that I didn't have to worry about anyone falling out! I also really liked the look of the stroller. I get comments on it every time I take it out!

It is a little big to get into my car, I have an Expedition and it takes up a big chunk of space in the back. I don't think it's really any bigger than any other double stroller would be though. I'm a fairly small person and I can lift it up into the back of my car just fine. Also, it is necessary to remove at least one of the seats to fold it up. I usually take off both because it folds more compactly. It takes just a little more time to have to remove the seats, but I wouldn't choose another stroller over this one based solely on this.

I've had some issues with the pins popping out at the base of the handle. If you buy this stroller, I would suggest buying the extended warranty or buyer protection plan if one is available. I've had to use mine and was very glad to have had it.

I would like to see them add cup holders to the child seats. There are two at the handle, but without snack or drink holders that the children can access, I feel like I'm stopping every five minutes to attend to someone. There is a HUGE basket under the seats though. I often feel grateful that I have somewhere to put everything!

Overall, I think this stroller is a good purchase.

Was the perfect stroller, until it nearly snapped in half.

from Sonora, CA

Comments about Kolcraft Contours Options Tandem Stroller:

We already had a one-year-old when we learned we were expecting our second child. I knew right away that I'd need a double stroller. Our two vehicles were fairly small (a coup and a compact SUR crossover) so I needed something that could break down for maximum storage flexibility. The orange and gray edition of the Kolcraft Contours Options Tandem Stroller was the answer and (for a few months) we loved it. The kids were comfy and enjoyed the convenient side steps, walking get handles and flexibility to face each other or not. I loved the ample storage, great cup holders, easy steering, narrow profile for manuevering through doorways and department store aisles and even that weird but useful iPod dock. What I didn't enjoy was the frame literally breaking in two pieces, out of the blue, deeming our very expensive stroller useless. I think I even cried. Then my husband and I had to carry two babies around a county fair for the rest of the day until our backs felt like they'd break. Good times.

• Maneuverability:

Fantastic option for Twins from birth past walking

Comments about Kolcraft Contours Options Tandem Stroller:

This was the only stroller I could find that would not only fit both my carrier style car seats for my twins, but also would work long term for my kiddos as they got older. i bought a second car seat frame for when my babies were small and it worked great. I loved that I could change the positions of the seats to have them both facing me, or facing each other as they got older. They loved being able to talk and entertain each other while I was doing my shopping or any other thing that did not interest them much. the one down side is that it does take up a lot of space in the back of the car, not a compact stroller, but double strollers usually are not.

A little bit hard to navigate in small places. I did not enjoy taking this stroller into small stores in the mall as it was difficult to get around.

Child Comfort
I took the shoulder straps off when my girls got bigger because they were annoying to them, but it worked just fine to have the lap belt through the legs, and the bar across the front.

Maneuverability
This works great for outside walking or for going through the mall as long as you do not go into little stores. I always say it drives like a limo, it takes a little space to turn.

Has been great for us.

• Maneuverability:

Good double for the cost

from Jacksonville, FL

Comments about Kolcraft Contours Options Tandem Stroller:

I was very excited to get this stroller. After asking many moms with 2 or more kids, this one was mentioned a lot for my price point. Overall it is a great stroller. It is a little tough to push, and you need to begin making your turns well in advance. The ability to flip the seats in many configurations is by far the best feature of the stroller. My boys are only 19 months apart, I knew I would be using this for a long time. I have had to flip them in opposite directions many times in order to break up fights. Facing each other is fun, but it never lasts long before somebody is hurt. It does fold up small if I remove the seats, but that is a lot to deal with sometimes. When I do not remove the seats to fold, it does take up a lot of space. The storage basket underneath is nice and big. So big that I was able to do my entire Thanksgiving shopping with it when my second son was too little to sit in the shopping cart. It was very hard to push, but it fit everything.

• Maneuverability:

I wouldn't recommend this to anyone!

Comments about Kolcraft Contours Options Tandem Stroller:

To start I have tried a lot of double strollers. I have thee children ages 3 (48 pounds, 3'8"), 2 (28 pounds 3'), and 3 months (16 pounds 33 inches). To start with the positives they all fit in the stroller, even my tall girl, with some leg room. It was neat to be able to love the seats around so everyone could look where they wanted, or the kids could play together. I also liked the red color. On to the negatives: the seats feel very unsturdy. As does the attachment which allows you to snap in a car seat. I was never comfortable putting one in, even with the strap on the stroller fastened. Next the stroller is massive. It is very difficult to fit in the back if my SUV or my Avalon. If I squished it into my minivan there was no room for anything else. It was super hard to steer. Even on mall flooring it was next to impossible with any weight inside it. And there was no making any type of tight turn! Lastly (and it will seem like no big deal) there are no cup holders or trays on this stroller. I didn't realize how much I loved those trays until they were gone. Lastly the basket underneath, while large, was nearly impossible to access. All in all this was a terrible stroller!

awesome stroller to own

Comments about Kolcraft Contours Options Tandem Stroller:

I loved my stroller. It works great with a toddler and an infant. I always received compliments from friends and strangers.

I always received compliments. Strangers would want to know more about it. It is awesome. The seats can be rearranged and turned. My kids loved facing each other and talking. When my daughter was an infant it was nice to position the seat to face me, and my son faced forwards, so he could see the world.

Safety
The kids are five point harnessed in. There are shoulder strap covers to prevent rubbing.

Child Comfort
My kids loved it. The seats can be repositioned in different directions. The seats reclined back. Both of mine took naps in it.

Maneuverability
It doesn't quite turn on a dime, but it does on a quarter. The big wheels in the back can handle any terrain. It is very easy to push, especially with two kids sitting in it.

Never had any problems. It is very well constructed. The wheels stayed on.

Awesome Stroller for twins

Comments about Kolcraft Contours Options Tandem Stroller:

I absolutely love this stroller. I can get through aisles easy and it is easy to push. It is a little long but it is a double stroller. It's like a Cadillac for my twins. One of the few strollers that will work with two car seats. Folds down flat if you remove one of the car seat bars or seats but fits in my car trunk without removing them. I've had this stroller for almost two years now and it holds up great and shows no sign of wear. Great for when I walk the track for a mile+. I love that I can rearrange the seats as needed. I can face the babies towards each other, both towards me, both away from me, or away from each other. Depending on their mood and what will keep them calm on our outing I can easily change them around and it takes seconds. The hardest thing with this stroller is to close it. But that isn't that bad with all the benefits of the stroller. Would recommend to anyone.

• Maneuverability:

Great stroller for kids close in age!

from Avondale, PA

Comments about Kolcraft Contours Options Tandem Stroller:

I had my children 15 months apart and was looking for an option that would allow me to strap my oldest son in and provide comfort (since he would still nap, etc.) but still allow for an infant car seat.It is easy to push when you don't have too much weight, but when I'm pushing my now 75 lbs of children it can be a little tough ;-) The canopy adjusts which is nice for my very tall children and its comforable for everyone when the car seat is attached. The basket is one of my favorite parts because I can actually fit my VERY large diaper bag inbetween the seats in the middle. I wish they had a snack tray but I bought one that attaches to the bar and works fine. Plus I love the parent tray/cup holder.

Excellent double stroller!

Comments about Kolcraft Contours Options Tandem Stroller:

This stroller has worked out very well and my almost 2 year old and 4 year old still use it. They like that they can face each other. I love the different seating options and the way it comes apart for easier travel. It is big and won't fit in a small trunk but that's typical for a double stroller.

We love the different seating options.

Child Comfort
It's a little bit of a tight fit for my 4 year old but she still likes riding in it.

Maneuverability
Comparable to other double strollers of its type.

We've had ours for almost 2 years and it still works as good as when we first got it.

Perfect Double Stroller

from Middletown, IN

Comments about Kolcraft Contours Options Tandem Stroller:

This is a perfect stroller for any family with 2 small children.

I have not found another stroller designed comprable to this stroller and it's many features. The seats can be turned many ways. You can put both seats facing each other so your children can interact with you. You can face both seats toward you so you can see and interact with them as you push. You can also face both seats facing forward so your children can see where you are going. If you only have one child with you, you can take one seat off and have a very large basket storage underneath. Even with both seats in the basket has a lot of storage. Another feature for this stroller is the additional infant seat bar. These features make the stroller usable for many years.

Safety
The seats feature 3 point harnesses and also if you have a larger family there are hooks that older children could hold onto as they walk beside you.

Child Comfort
The seats can sit up straight or lean back for those sleepy days. Also there is a foot bar for older toddlers to rest their feet on.

Maneuverability
This stroller pushes easily and makes great turns without getting the wheels locked up.

• Maneuverability:

Good stroller choice if you have children close in age

from Kennewick, WA

Comments about Kolcraft Contours Options Tandem Stroller:

My sons are 21 months apart and so I looked for a long time for a double stroller and decided on this one.  Overall I am pleased with my choice.  This stroller, although big and bulky doesn't seem as big and bulky as other double strollers I have come across.  It is easy to wheel around.  My favorite thing about this stroller is all of the seating options.  I think the main reason that I purchased it in the first place was because it would fit my infant car seat in one side while my toddler road in the other spot.  The seats can also both face forward, backward, or each other.  There is plenty of storage space in the basket under the seats.  The seats are very easy to latch on and off of the stroller.   Another nice feature is that it has a handle on the side that an older child can hold onto.

This stroller is pretty heavy and sometimes I have a hard time folding it down.  Also, I noticed that as my older son grew he became too tall for it by the time he was around 3 he had to scrunch up his legs as he sat in the seat even though weight-wise he still fit.  My son is on the taller side though.

Overall I like this stroller and would recommend it to a friend.