3.2
Kodak
Kodak - Z1285 Digital Camera

Kodak - Z1285 Digital Camera

3.2

Very good Quality 2 year old Camera . Still Works Great !

KODAK EASYSHARE Z1285 12.1 MP Digital Zoom Camera .64 MB internal memory .

I was impressed with the quality of photo i had of my first Panorama shot , The Camera stitched 3 photos together that looked like a single photo . The sky line and Puget Sound came together and with the High MP Camera you can print 30 x 40 in Posters with it .

2.5 in. (6.4 cm) high resolution color display

Experience HD video playback at 720p and 1080i resolution .

Capture more video while using less memory with MPEG-4 compression .

Scene modes portrait, sports, landscape, close-up, night portrait, night landscape, snow, beach, text/document, fireworks, flower, manner/museum, self-portrait, children, backlight, panning, candlelight, sunset, panorama stitch

Totally dumbfounded at the other reviews!

This is probably one of the only products I own that I absolutely hate with a passion.  And I don't use the word hate lightly.

I have two, may I say,...Read complete review

I have two, may I say, adorable little kids, and this camera does pictures of them no justice.  I am seriously thinking something is wrong with mine based on the glowing reviews other people gave.

The processor is so slow, so if taking multiple pictures it will freeze up or take "blank" pictures that simple fill up memory.  The clarity for outdoors is okay but indoors if awful!  No matter what setting it is on, the pictures are crappy.

The shutter is slow to respond or unresponsive all around.  Sometimes I turn it off only to have the shutter and lens still open, so I have to turn it on and off again.  It eats through batteries like crazy, no matter if I used rechargeables or the best Litium money can buy.

I forgot to mention, I did have all of these problems right away, thought I got a defective camera, and exchanged it, only to have all the same problems again.

I have previously owned 3 other models of Koda Easy Share cameras and have never had these issues.

The only pro I can even think to list is the optical zoom, but that is not worth the rest of the problems!

Very good Quality 2 year old Camera . Still Works Great !

from Lafayette, IN

2.5 in. (6.4 cm) high resolution color display

Experience HD video playback at 720p and 1080i resolution .

Capture more video while using less memory with MPEG-4 compression .

dont buy not a great camera

from Langhorne, PA

Comments about Kodak - Z1285 Digital Camera:

I bought the z1285, i hate it. the pictures are grainy and unclear. they are not good quailty i have all ways loved, kodak, but the z1285, is not a camera worth buying. any pictures that i have had printed from it are unclear and very faded in color. if you want to use the main setting which is to take pictures in any lighting or place, doesnt work well. the camera will also take you though tones of batteries. it runs off of 2 double a batteries. we have also formatted the sd stick to the camera and it still doesnt make the picture quality any better. there is a hd zoom, do not use the hd zoom anything that you zoom in on is even worse quailty picture. anything you blow up off the stick or that you have zoomed in on will be more gitty and grainy and poor clolor quaility.

Kodak Z1285 - disappointment

from Hamilton, MI

Comments about Kodak - Z1285 Digital Camera:

I've had four different Kodak Easyshare Cameras. This one is, by far, the biggest disappointment. The quality is good, and I love the great zoom - although stabilization is an issue when completely maxing the zoom function. But the real disappointment is the battery issues. See this camera does not come with rechargeable batteries. And because there is only an LCD display screen for viewing the subject it drains the batteries VERY quickly. I can put new batteries in, take about 5 photos in 8-10 minutes, and the camera will shut down due to low batteries. I can then power it back up and reset the date/time, then take another 5 or so pictures - before it shuts down again. however these are not as crisp. I also have issues with the screen going blue after taking 3 quick shots back to back - it will indicate that its processing - then of course shut down due to low battery again- like I said disappointing!!

It was okay while it lasted.

from Plymouth, OH

Comments about Kodak - Z1285 Digital Camera:

I recieved the Kodak for Christmas 2 yrs ago and this summer when I needed it it decided to up and die. It wasn't used heavily and it was put up so it wasn't dropped or bumped around, It still looks like new to be honest, one day i went to use it and it would not turn on, I put in brand new batteries still no power. To be honest I well never buy another kodak camera again.

Kodak Z1285 Camera was ok except for deleting our pics

from Murray, KY

Comments about Kodak - Z1285 Digital Camera:

We purchased the Kodak EasyShare Z1285 Digital camera in the summer of 2008.  We finally recently replaced it after it erased all the pictures that we had taken of our third child's first two months of life (from the hospital to almost 2 months).  We had, of course, been too busy to put them on the computer.  This was actually the second time this camera erased our pictures.  We should have learned our lesson the first time this happened with this camera.  When it erased our pictures the first time, we figured it was due to a static problem since we did not use a case when it was thrown in my purse, someone's pocket, or another bag.  So, we purchased a camera bag that would prevent the static problem with the camera and we were extra careful with it.  Of course, we had to learn our lesson the hard way and lose some very special and precious pictures of our third child.  I think the camera did take great pictures and was very easy to use, but since it like to erase those great pictures, then it is hard to give it a great review.

Shouldn't have bought it

from Newport, RI

Comments about Kodak - Z1285 Digital Camera:

I have been very disappointed in this Kodak Camera.  When I first purchased it, I really liked the video capability, the zoom function, and the lack of a delay between when the button is pushed and the picture is actually taken. To be fair, when this camera is functioning properly, it does take decent pictures, the video capability is very nice, and the lack of a delay is excellent.  However, it frequently does not function properly.  I have had multiple problems with this camera.  Frequently, it will simply turn off two seconds after I have turned it on (and yes, I have tried changing the batteries).  On multiple occasions, it won't recognize the memory card.....and then all of a sudden, it will recognize it (if I turn it on and off several times).  And just a couple of aggravating features---It goes through batteries quicker than any other camera I have ever had and the date is automatically reset to factory settings every time the batteries are changed.  Overall, I have been very disappointed.

Just awesome!!!

from Ellenwood, GA

Comments about Kodak - Z1285 Digital Camera:

This camera is just perfect for me. I was a beginner until I got this camera. Now, I feel that I can pursue my hobbie and may turn it into a career : ). It is user friendly and I really do feel that I am a photgapher. My family and friends now are always asking me to take their picture.

kodak easyshare z1285 12.0 camera IS AMAYZING!!!

from Dollar Bay, MI

Comments about Kodak - Z1285 Digital Camera:

kodak easyshare z1285 12.0 digital camera is the best gift i got so far. I'v had it for a couple years now, and im still learning different tricks with it, i love it so much. I use it everyday. It's mp are awesome, all its features are brilliant. i looooove it!! if this one breaks i'll probably get it again.

A nice purse camera.

from Kalamazoo, MI

Comments about Kodak - Z1285 Digital Camera:

This camera was a replacement camera that my Fiance surprised me with. The picture in a good lighting situation come out very clear and the colors are vivid. You can enlarge the pictures to a bigger size without running into too much pixelation. There is a delay between pictures which is a bummer. The camera also hates taking closeup shots. If you move at all it won't snap the picture and just tries to autofocus. It takes some practice but is easy to get used to if you aren't taking closeup photos. One thing I LOVE about this camera is the HD video. The sound isn't tinny when played back and you are able to zoom while capturing video.

Totally dumbfounded at the other reviews!

from Palm Harbor, FL