Other Digital Cameras:

Kodak - M1063 Digital Camera

Pros

Cons

The Kodak M1063 is one of the best Point and Shoots

I've used a lot of cameras in my life and this is one of my favourites. I've had mine for three or four years now, it's been dropped in three different bodies of water and on rocks in two different countries and it's still working nearly perfectly. After some time, the top button sticks a little and the battery doesn't last as long as it used to but the picture quality is still great. I tend to keep mine on the anti-blur setting because I take so many pictures on the move, but it has tons of different settings you can use, making it very versatile and adjustable.

The zoom and the night settings aren't great (they're blurry much of the time if you don't set the camera down to take the picture), but it's a great basic camera, sturdy and with all of the settings that you'll need for most of the time (including black and white/sepia capabilities, a timer to take pictures with you in them, a setting for text, video, etc.). I've managed to get some wonderful quality pictures with it, too (you can adjust the pixel setting so you get really high quality ones or so you get lower quality ones, which are still great quality for 4x6 prints and take up a lot less space). I also love the charger that you get with it. It's a cord with a USB at one end and a plug for the camera at the other, with an adapter so you can plug it into the wall if you want.

It's a great value for your money and a great little camera.

Image Quality
The night settings aren't great and the macro setting is hit or miss but the rest of the shots are all very high quality, even if the subject is moving

The only performance issue is that the "date and time have been reset" has been popping up recently and that's no issue, really.

This camera has been in three different bodies of water (I take it boating with me) and has been dropped off cliffs (I take it climbing, too) and is still working perfectly well.

Battery Life
It will last for three plus hours of constant use.

Portability
Small enough to fit in your pocket!

Not a bad camera for the money but I wouldn't buy it again.

I got a Kodak EasyShare MX1063 Digital Camera for Christmas a year ago and have been somewhat disappointed with it. I was an art major at that time and needed a digital camera for some of my digital art classes and the quality really wasn't what I thought it would be.

The picture came out blurry when anything was shot up close and it was not able to capture night photos at all. They just came up as a pure black screen with a few blurry specks of white. I was really disappointed that even with the night view option for the camera the picture came out horribly for night images.

The images in the daytime came out so-so but were not the best quality and I often had to take the picture multiple times for it to look close to the quality I wanted. The image quality is ok for just general pictures but I would not recommend this camera for anything more than just general use.

Also, the batteries for the cameras only last one year and unfortunately after that they are really hard to find. My family checked everywhere in town that sold camera batteries and no one had this model battery.

Camera takes great pics and easy to use

from New London, WI

Comments about Kodak - M1063 Digital Camera:

Only problem we have had with this camera is battery life is very very short, replaced the battery and have had the same problem. First battery acutally stopped taking a charge after only a few months.

Nice clear sharp pictures

On 2nd battery and lucky to be able to take 15 pictures before battery is dead

The Kodak M1063 is one of the best Point and Shoots

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about Kodak - M1063 Digital Camera:

It's a great value for your money and a great little camera.

Battery Life
It will last for three plus hours of constant use.

Portability
Small enough to fit in your pocket!

Kodak camera

from Sanford, MI

Comments about Kodak - M1063 Digital Camera:

This camera is great. Not only am I able to use it with ease, but so are my five and nine year old kids. We love this camera and take it with us every where. It fits right into my pants pocket or into purse. The battery stays charged for several days worth of picture taking. Picture and video quality are pretty good. I've used this camera at my son's soccer games and it took pretty good in action photos of him kicking the soccer ball. I also used it to take pics of my kids playing on the beach this past summer. The pictures turned out really well. I used it the other day to take pictures of my girl scout's badge ceremony. I'm a little disappointed with the pics with low lighting, but all in all I would say the camera takes pretty decent pictures.

wonderful

wonderful

excellent

• Portability:

Basic point and shoot camera, no frills.

from Houston, TX

Comments about Kodak - M1063 Digital Camera:

This camera is good for a person, like me, who doesn't want to edit or play with the picture on the camera. I'd rather upload them to my computer and mess with them there. This camera has no goodies aside from basic color options, zoom and crop. 10.3MP, face detection, HD stills, blur reduction.

I love kodak just don't care for this camera

from Gustine, CA

Comments about Kodak - M1063 Digital Camera:

I actually bought this camera twice!, I love the kodak brand and never had any issues in the past but I got this camera as a gift a few years ago and it took great pics, but after about 6months of use it started getting lines in every picture taken. Then I bought another just because I loved the slim sleek look it was easy to carry, but then once again after about 6months the same thing happened with the pictures getting lines and fuzzy. This made me dissapointed.

Great Camera

from Dearborn Heights, MI

Comments about Kodak - M1063 Digital Camera:

This is the second Kodak Easyshare camera I have owned. I was so happy with my first one that when it was time to upgrade I chose this model. It is super user friendly, has excellent features for what I needed and was very affordable.

Kodak the Digital Camera

from Ackerman, MS

Comments about Kodak - M1063 Digital Camera:

My Kodak camera is a second hand camera, and I really like it. It does everything I need it to do, it has 6.2

mega pixels, a usb port but have no cord for it; but it has a place for the memory card, which was cool. It aslo has video on the camera which works fine just no sound, until you put it the video on the computer for the sound. It really takes great pictures and videos, the zoom in and out is awesome. My Kodak camera can also share favorites, scan and takes excellent color and black and white pictures as well as for sepia pictures. I can even set an album up to my own standards, which is very cool. The formatting is cool too, along with multi-shots, you can even set the time, date, month and the year to the pictures or album. For the album, I still need a cord for the Kodak camera that plugs into the t.v to play and set the album I need. This black and silver Kodak camera is the best I've ever really had,to be a second hand camera. I really love my Kodak Easy Share C613, I just wished it really came with the two usb ports to hook up to the t.v. and to the computer, that would have been more awesome. My girls use the camera more than me, so I really recomend the Kodak camera to anyone who loves picture quality and sound. I am also considering upgrading to a new Kodak camera myself, cause it really is the best brand to use for a camera.

Easy to use and takes great pictures!

from Phoenix, AZ

Koadk Easy Share MX1063 Digital Camera-

I don't know a whole lot about cameras.  All I know is that it takes better pictures when it has more mega pixels.  I chose Kodak because it is a well known name.  I chose this camera because it had the highest amount of mega pixels (10.3), wasn't too expensive(about 145.00) and didn't have a lot of confusing buttons and settings.

I am so happy with thiscamera!  The camera is very easy to useand figure out.  It can take panoramic pictures and the feature was very easy for me to figure out...and lots of fun to play with!  It takes very nice and clear pictures...even when it's zoomed.  It also has a 3.0 LCD screen which makes it easy to see the picture you just took.

It has other options that I don't use which makes me think it is pretty good for people that are more advanced or technical and for people that want to take nice pictures but don't know a lot about all the technical options - like me!

Over all I have had this camera for 3 months now and don't have anything to complain about...it's a great camera!

Kodak M1063 digital camera; easy, fun, effective

from Toledo, OH

Comments about Kodak - M1063 Digital Camera:

The Kodak M1063 is the ideal snapshot device for impromptu photo journals. It's easy, and the settings are genuinely attributable to thier intended functions; which becomes evident to the user when mismatched to photo varibles like lighting, surface, action, etc. The functions are simple to decifer, while encompassing all the average photo journalists neccessities. I especially like it because the buttons are easy for my big hands and fingers. The flash is very bright, and the camera offers alternate flash settings to accomodate any instance. I have had continued success with capturing crystal clear images and brilliant colors.

Worst Camera I've ever owned

from Rochester, MI

Comments about Kodak - M1063 Digital Camera:

The Kodak M1063, oh boy have we had our time. I got this camera for christmas just two years ago, It worked great and took decent pictures for me to share with the family. Over time though the quality got worse and worse, I could barely get a clear picture on a tripod let alone while holding it. Then when I needed it most on vacation it went haywire, images started coming out distorted and pink and then the camera stopped functioning all together. Kodak customer service, the second worst part of owning this camera. As a responsible consumer I send the camera in instead of throwing the piece of crap out. It took over a month for them to get it back to me. I thought I now had a normal functioning camera, think again. One month after having the thing the same thing started happening. I was furious and had to deal with Kodak support a second time, this time they wouldn't even fix it because it was 3 days out of the 1 year warranty. Horrible Company, Horrible Service.