Other Digital Cameras:

Kodak - Easyshare M853

Pros

Cons

• Portability:

I love everything about this camera, I use it every day!

I bought this camera a few months ago with money I got for Christmas.  I had had a Kodak before this and I really liked it, but it was time to get something a little better.  The screen is nice and big so you can actually see what the picture looks like on it.  8.2 mega pixels is perfect for every day pictures of my family.  Best of all, it was a great price.  They come in a few different colors so you don't have to have a camera that looks like the one everybody else has (I got red, just to be fun).  Zoom works great, it has tons of options and different things you can do.  The video mode is also very good, my last camera did not have audio with the videos, this one does.  You can crop pictures right on the camera.  I have never used the easy share part of this, I just download them onto my computer and share them from there, but it seems like a great feature if that is what you want to do.  It only took me a few days to learn all the features.  I am very happy I bought this camera, I use it almost every day.

The Kodak Easyshare m853 was a poor choice of camera.

I received the black Kodak EasyShare compact digital camera a couple of years ago as a sweet sixteen birthday present. I was so excited because I had heard about it being a good quality, durable camera. Unfortunately, when I opened it and tried to turn it on, it would not do anything at all! I tried plugging it in to my mom's Kodak EasyShare dock/charging station thingy, but it did not respond to being plugged in and did not charge at all.

I took it back to the store and they replaced it, thankfully, and that one worked... for a while, anyway.

Eventually, after having used my camera for about a year without any other problems (besides the less-than-exceptional picture quality), the camera randomly stopped functioning properly. I had not dropped it or anything that would have caused it to behave so erratically, but when I tried taking a picture, everything on the screen showed up pink and striped, with blue fuzziness around the subject. I knew it had nothing to do with the screen, since the welcome screen showed up fine when I turned it on.

Now, it still acts like that. Once in a while, it will work fine for about a week at a time, but then it will go back to having pink stripey pictures.

Don't buy this camera. I don't know if it is still manufactured, but if it is, do not buy it, and if it is not, do not buy a refurbished or used one.

Great value

from Tallahassee, FL

Comments about Kodak - Easyshare M853:

This is a great camera for the price. When I first purchased it, I didn't have much money but I needed a new camera because mine had recently broke. I purchased this one and really didn't have high expectations. Well, I was pleasantly surprised. It takes great, crisp, clear pictures. It also has many different picture taking options to find just what you need in pretty much any situation. It's also of course easy to share your pics and videos with others.

Image Quality
Pictures come out crisp and clear and there are several different options to make sure you get the resolution you want on your pics.

Works great, very durable and battery has a good life span.

Simple to use, anyone should be able to figure it out.

Very durable, I have dropped mine several times and nothing severe has happened to the camera besides a few small scratches.

Battery Life
Battery has a pretty long life, should def. hold you over at least 1 good solid day of taking lots of pics.

Portability
Small and slim, it's easy to fit in your pocket or purse, or just hang it on your wrist using the tie.

• Portability:

I love love love this camera

Comments about Kodak - Easyshare M853:

I got this as present from my fiance and it was the best present I ever got. It takes amazing pictures, and the battery last so long. Every picture comes out clear it has editing features, and allows me to upload my pictures to my computer easily and fast.

• Portability:

I love my Kodak Easyshare camera!

from North Las Vegas, NV

Comments about Kodak - Easyshare M853:

I love my Kodak Easyshare camera, it takes great pictures and I love the easyshare button. It's so fast and easy to use.

Image Quality
The image is great. The pictures come out really clear and I love the zooming factors.

I works great, the delay on it is a little annoying at first, but, then you get used to it.

Easy to use and simple. No complicated buttons to try to figure out.

Semi-durable. You want to be careful with this camera or get a case for it.

Battery Life
Battery life is good if you only use it from time to time. If you use it all day, it only last for 24 hours.

Portability
Slim and fits anywhere. It's very portable and not bulky.

• Portability:

Awesome camera! Would recommend to anyone

I love this camera!

Steady images

The performance of the camera is good because occasionally there is a delay

Point and shoot!

I drop it a lot and so far only a few knicks

Battery Life
I wish the battery would last longer

Very sleek!

small camera, big features

from Mokena, IL

Comments about Kodak - Easyshare M853:

for the price this is a really great little camera. fits nicely into my purse or pocket. 8.2 mega pixels, nice big viewing screen and durable

Image Quality
with an 8.2 mp your prints or digital pictures are really nice. you can enlarge without loosing any quality

so easy! Kodak software just works well, easy to understand

this camera has big features with out being complicated

I have had this camera for over a year now and it has been bouncing all around the bottom of my purse, in the glove box etc. It still looks brand new. My color is red and it is so cute.

Battery Life
I was amazed how long the battery lasts. I would say you could use this for a week straight, every day with all the features.

Portability
small enough to fit in your pocket, purse, glove box or just dangle around your wrist.

• Portability:

A handy, compact digital that packs alot of pixel power.

from Elk River, MN

Comments about Kodak - Easyshare M853:

The Koday MD853 is a handy, compact digital camera that packs 8.2 mega pixels into an easy to hold "pocket" camera. I love how easy it is to use and it takes great pictures every time. My only complaint is that the words and icons on the top selection dial are very small for my old and tired eyes, but I have used it enough now that I remember the settings and don't have to look at the dial too much. It also does not have a view finder which I like to use on bright sunny days, but the quality of pictures from this little camera out weighs such oversights. It comes with a nylon carrying case and a face plate for the dock charger. Kudo's to you Kodak for making a small and light weight camera that performs so well.

The Kodak - Easyshare M853 is one of the best cameras out there

from Brooklyn, NY

Comments about Kodak - Easyshare M853:

The Kodak - Easyshare M853 is a easy to use, basic point and shot camera. The Price is very low and resonable. The product has picture, video and automatic shooting moods.

The Pros of the Kodak - Easyshare M853

10. Very good software bundle

The Cons of The Kodak - Easyshare M853

1. Can take a couple seconds to take the picture

2. Need more colors in the same design

I would recommend this camera to a family member, friends or that special someone in my life.

I rated the product 4 out of 5 and it deserved it

Love my Kodak Easyshare!!

from Friendly, WV

Comments about Kodak - Easyshare M853:

I have had my Kodak Easyshare M853 camera for three years now. My fiance got it for me the Christmas we found out I was pregnant with our son. I constantly have my camera on me to take pictures of the ongoing crazy things that my son does. It has been a great camera from the begining and I have never had any problems with it. I love the fact that is does not take batteries but a special battery that is rechargeable. You plug it into your computer and while you are downloading the pictured to your computer it charges your camera so you are ready to catch that great picture that you will show to all the future boyfriends and girlfriends! I have the camera in red and I have seen it in many different colors. I also like the fact that there are many different settings to take different pictures depending on what you are using it for. I also purchased a 2GB sd card for it and it has enough room for thousands of pictures and also almost an hour of video.

Bought a Kodak M853 for my mom and myself.

from Wentzville, MO

Comments about Kodak - Easyshare M853:

I got a great deal one year around Christmas.  So good I decided to buy 2.  My mom and I have been happy with our cameras ever since.   I especially love the lithium rechargable battery.  I will never buy a camera again that takes regular batteries.  I missed so many pictures on a family vacation while spending money on more batteries.  Of course this camera is a point and shoot but it works great for everyday pictures.  I love that I can slip it in my pocket and take anywhere/ everywhere.

Best Kodak Easyshare Camera!!!

from Friendly, WV

Comments about Kodak - Easyshare M853:

I wanted a camera for the longest time. When I found out I was pregnant with my son my fiancee went and bought me a digital camera for Christmas. I was so excited when I opened it and found a digital camera. I also realized it was the Kodak Easyshare M853. I love the way this camera is. It has a great picture at 8.2 megapixels and takes wonderful photos. I also realized that it took video. I have the red one and have noticed it comes in a variety of colors. It has wonderful zoom features and has a variety of scenery specialties. I took my camera to see the fireworks at our home park and it took wonderful video and had sound with it! It has a regular mode to take pictures during the day and also has a feature to take night pictures that show up as wonderful as the day pictures. It has a bright great quality for capturing the moments you really want to remember. I love my camera and could not have gotten one more perfect for me and my family memories.