Other Digital Cameras:

Kodak - Easyshare M580 Digital Camera

Pros

Cons

• Portability:

Best Point and Shoot Yet!

I have used Kodaks before and always had the pretty good luck.  And I hear nothing but good things for people I know about there Easy Share line.  Now I am in no way a person who can take wonderful pictures but this camera makes it easy to take some pretty good ones.

Its easy to use, has beautiful display ,dose a great job on video and takes beautiful and vivid pictures.  They have taken great steps to improve features like face recognition, camera's ability to analyze scenes and make the right chooses as to composition and other attibutes to make life easy for all us point and shooters.  this camera seems to be faster than earlier models.  It does not play that little power up sound that I hate so much.  I mean as soon as you hit the power button thsi camera is ready to go.  This camera seems to be better with light then other past models have been which is something a lot of people will be happy about.

Another thing that I love about this camera is that it has a 8x zoom and that is so great.  This Kodaks still has the same buttons as there past Easy Share cameras have had making it easy to pick it up and go.  When I had a Canon pocket camera I had to read the manual just to figure out how to delete a picture but not so with Kodak.  They just make life easy.

So to review some of the things I really like about the camera that are not clear when you buy it at.  The speed at which it starts up, very clear night shots, much better color in low light,

Not a great camera.

I had way too many technical issues with this camera to give it a good rating. The camera was constantly freezing up on me before, after, and even while taking photos. Using flash was a nightmare too as it would make faces come out really flat and kind of freaky looking. I had a lot of blurry pictures with this camera, especially when there was the slightest bit of movement. Believe me I changed setting and this and that trying to fix these issues but the majority of the photos still came out the same.

Image Quality
Not good, I had way to many ruined photos from blurriness, overexposure and bad lighting.

Took too long to snap a photo and the camera would freeze up from time to time.

It is easy enough to follow directions for use.

Battery Life
I did not use it long enough in one sequence without problems to see how the battery lasted.

Portability
I really like the size of the camera, which is what attracted me to it in the fist place.

Not a great camera.

Image Quality

Took too long to snap a photo and the camera would freeze up from time to time.

It is easy enough to follow directions for use.

Kodak does it again!

Comments about Kodak - Easyshare M580 Digital Camera:

Technology has really improved since I bought my first Easyshare camera 10ish years ago. I am a very happy customer and would recommend this to anyone.

It is crystal clear!

It is perfect for a casual picture taker like myself. I also like the option to take pictures of things that are moving, like puppies. This camera is great for that.

Easyshare is called easy for a reason. This is an excellent camera for somebody who is technology impaired.

I haven't had any problems yet (fingers crossed). My old Easyshare camera's screen cracked, but that was because I was dumb and didn't purchase a case. If you have a case, you should be fine!

Battery Life
I love the new wall charger option because my old camera did not have that. It was one of the old ones that required AA batteries that died extremely quickly. It is very refreshing to not have to worry about that, although I do not always like having to depend on a wall charger to charge it. When I am traveling, it would sometimes be easier to just slip in new batteries.

Portability
These cameras just keep getting lighter and even more portable! I like to carry my camera everywhere and was happy that it was small enough to put in my purse. My old Kodak Easyshare camera was bulky and took up too much room. Technology has improved greatly.

Hmmmmm

from Staten Island, NY

Comments about Kodak - Easyshare M580 Digital Camera:

Ok i was bought this camera as a birthday gift. The zoom is good and the quality of the camera is great. The one thing i have a problem with is the quality of the pictures. When the flash is not on the pictures come out so blurry. But when the flash is on the pictures come out so clear. There are some great things about the camera i like. You can upload your pictures straight from the camera and tag them as well. i don't thing many other cameras can do that. It saves you a lot of time. I have mine in pink and it is a very pretty color, i think it comes in like 6 different colors. overall i think it is a good camera but i wish the pictures came out better with out the flash. Kodak is a great company as well but they need to fix that problem with the quality of the pictures.i don't think i could recommend this product to anyone. I will be in the search for a better camera in the next few months tho.

Good but not great

from Maricopa, AZ

Comments about Kodak - Easyshare M580 Digital Camera:

I really liked this camera at first but I feel like it didn't last as long as I was hoping. The auto mode was a little confusing to get out of (but I managed) and I generally like a few more manual controls than it offered. For the price, I suppose it was fine but I will probably do a little more research next time I purchase a point and shoot camera. One thing I really liked about it was that it was a rechargeable lithium ion battery which means not having to worry about AA batteries so that feature was awesome. I've had it only about a year and I feel like the picture quality has gone down recently, not sure why but like I said, it was fine for the price.

• Portability:

I would not recommend its is junk

from Campbell, OH

Comments about Kodak - Easyshare M580 Digital Camera:

Its hard to figure out what button is for what the picture quality isn't the greatest and its hard to get a clear bright picture. Also I had it a year and thought the battery went so I got a new one which is pretty costly . It still didn't work right so I purchased a cord that didn't help either finally its just plain dead won't come on at all. Over priced piece of junk I would never recommend to any one.

Image Quality
grainy dark pictures that are not really focused in wise

not that great quality in any area

Not easy anything I still don't know the ins and outs even though its dead

Didn't last a year and I barely used it

Battery Life
Dead before a year and they run high in price.

Portability
its easy to store in its box. and carry

• Portability:

Very Nice Kodak M580 Camera.

from Zebulon, NC

Comments about Kodak - Easyshare M580 Digital Camera:

I purchased this camera brand new about 4 months ago. Wow I am so impressed with all the stuff I can do with it. It is a very easy to use camera with alot of features. This is a very easy camera to use, my children love to use it. And I like that the lence goes in so it will not get damaged . My husband also likes to take it to car shows and to his work. It does some really clear photos that we as a family just absolutly love. This is my 5 Kodak camera, And I will always love them. They come out with new features all the time. I would only own them, because they are tried and trust buy my family and friends. You will have to give them a shot and see what I am talking about. You will not be disapointed with the Kodak M580 Camera I promise you. I would really recomend this one for any one wanting a really cool camera. It is good for first time users also. so go get you one you will love it as much or even more thatn we do.

So easy to use!

from Portland, OR

Comments about Kodak - Easyshare M580 Digital Camera:

I take my Kodak camera everywhere! It's small enough to fit easily in my purse, and takes great pictures. I took it to the beach this last weekend, and even with the funky lighting from sunset I got a ton of great pictures. To upload all of the pictures to my computer is also super easy. I plug it in with a mini-usb cable, and it is ready to go. There isn't special software you ahve to install first, everything is included in the pictures. The battery life is also great, I use normal AA batteries, bought the camera in January and have yet to change them. I love that the camera comes in fun colors. I have also not had any issues with the camera freezing or failing to respond. I wish the quality was a little better, but for what I paid for it, the quality is great!

Kodak Easyshare makes my Kodak moments last forever

from Houston, TX

Comments about Kodak - Easyshare M580 Digital Camera:

I love my Kodak Easyshare camera. I use it everywhere I go. I literally never leave the house without it. It makes saving memories so much easier. It is very easy to use, has great picture quality, and is also very compact so I can just stick it in my pocket when I am walking out the door and always have it ready. It is not an expensive camera so it is definitely affordable, but for such a cheap price it has great features and takes great quality pictures. It comes in a few different colors and also takes good videos. You know the Kodak name is a quality name and a name you can trust. They don't call them Kodak moments for nothing. If you are looking for an affordabloe camera that is great quality and works great then this is the camera for you.

Great digital camera for such a cheap price

from Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Comments about Kodak - Easyshare M580 Digital Camera:

This Kokak Easyshare M580 digital camera caught my eye because it had it in my favorite color, purple! I knew I just had to have it. And the best thing is that I really like the Kodak brand when purchasing cameras because I feel that they've been in the camera and picture business for a really long time, so I rely on them to make the best cameras. This M580 model is a 14 megapixel camera. That's amazing for such an inexpensive digital camera. I only spent a little over a hundred bucks for this camera. What a deal! Also featured is an 8x optical zoom and a 3 inch LCD screen. I love digital cameras with big lcd screens so that the people standing next to me could see the pictures too, instead of having to look at the pictures one person at a time. It also has a great software that comes with editing features such as reducing red eye, removing wrinkles and blemishes, etc.

Kodak EasyShare M580 is Awesome

from Paris, TN

Comments about Kodak - Easyshare M580 Digital Camera:

I recently purchased a kodak M580 easy Share digital camera, This is my first digital, I retired the 35 mm I had! I absolutely love it, it is easy to use with one exception, the manual shows the delete button as being the 3rd one down on the back and it is actually the first one on the back. Ihad one heck of a time, I had a photo specialst friend look it over and she agreed something wasn't correct! I called kodak and received assiatance and that is how I found out where the correct button is,, Hope they correct this in future manuals! Picture Quality is awesome! Buttons are a bit tiny, I have small hands and had to get used to them, I wouldn't advise it if you have large finger tips, it may be difficult to push the buttons. hope this helps! God Bless!