Other Digital Cameras:

Kodak Easyshare C190 12MP Digital Camera

Pros

Cons

• Portability:

Holds how many without a memory card?????

First I bought this Camera, ***Kodak EasyShare C190 Digital Camera 5 x Digital Zoom 12MP**. *The deal of the day, which was a very good price with all the accessories that came with it. I have been pleased with the quality of pictures, easy of use, small in size. Which makes it far more easier to carry than my other Kodak Camera.

The only problem, is without a memory card the camera holds only 4 pictures. I do not know if this is normal or not. Been too busy to check into this, but I'm thinking so because of the 12MP. I have tried formating the card that came with it, but that has been a no go. The electronics guy says I probably received a bad memory card. Just bring it in, the ***Kodak EasyShare C190 Digital Camera 5x Digital Zoom 12MP,*** he would take a look at it.

Only problem, I never remember to bring it with me when I go to the store.

**My Viewpoint:** I have uploaded many pictures on the computer using this camera lately. The pictures are clear, camera is nice and small. So for right now it's working for me. As a little handy dandy camera. Maybe one day I'll upgrade to something fancy. ;-)

As far as technology changes, I'm sure this is ancient by now. But it's still works for me, when I need it to. So I'm happy to a point. Would I highly recommend this camera if you came across one, umm probably not for taking a lot of photo's. That is until I find out if it's the memory card having a problem formatting or something is wrong with the camera. If so I'm out of luck. Waited too long. That's life!

psst, in case I take a picture of mine. Mine is Blue~otherwise the same.....

An update: The Memory, I found out I had the wrong type of memory card in. That is why it kept telling me to format, and couldn't. I now have the right card in place. So this girl is really happy now!

Image Quality
Image quality, I like. One evening I was feeling tired and lazy, didn't feel like taking the time to scan a photo, all the good stuff that goes with. I ended up using this camera to take, a picture of a photo and download, to the computer. Perfect and easy. WOW!

I haven't dropped the camera, so far. Traveled with this, holds up and feels like a very durable camera. Not your cheap run~of~the~mill type.

Battery Life
Battery life. I believe is all about the type of batteries you decide to purchase. So far I have been pleased with my choices.

Portability
This Kodak C190 is very portable. It's not your little, stuff in your pocket type. (Well, depending on how big your pockets are..lol). Fits nicely in my purse, nice size, yet very convenient.

What you expect, is not what you get!

So I went to the store looking for a new camera. The sales guy at Wal-Mart told me Kodak was a good camera, and that this model was one of the best. Mistake #1- going to Wal-Mart to buy something technical, Mistake #2- Listening to the advice of an underpaid man who really has no idea what he is talking about, he just needed a job.

So I listened to him. At the time it seemed like a good camera, something that was going to work, and be easy to use. Well it works, kind of. And it is easy to use, sometimes.

Alot of the time, you have to REALLY pay attention to the words on the screen, when it says "DELETE ALL? "don't chose no, not that any of the pictures were ones you truly wanted because they were upside down, but because then it will delete them. My camera was totally backwards. I wanted to take a picture, it'd be upside down, no ment yes, and the memory in the camera's drive was 1.5 not 3.0 like stated. The screen was fuzzy, sometimes blacked out, and the zooming made the picture fuzzy, not clear. Sometimes you couldn't zoom to something 10 feet away from you because it was too fuzzy, you might as well take it at the normal distance.

All in all, don't go to Wal-Mart to buy an electronic, don't listen to someone unless YOU know THEY know what they're talking about. And always try products out before buying them, and even if you do try them out, ALWAYS keep the reciept. The sales associate may tell you that you can't return it because is is open, but you are the customer, and the customer's ALWAYS right!

Not Ideal

from Hartford, CT

Comments about Kodak Easyshare C190 12MP Digital Camera:

Kodak was one of the brands recommended to me when I was first shopping for a digital camera to replace my film camera. I figured that they must know what they were doing since they'd done film cameras for so long but I was very disappointed in my purchase of the Easyshare C190.

First, this is very bulky and heavy. It's annoying to carry in your pocket as it weighs you down and that pocket hangs lower than the other. It also takes up a ridiculous amount of room in your bag or purse and it gets very annoying very quickly having to push it out of the way constantly to get to other things in the bag.

I also don't like the feel of this in my hand. It's heavy to hold for long periods of time - capturing party photos or at the holidays - and tires my wrist right out.

The buttons are okay and positioned well for easy access but they aren't really very intuitive so it took me a while to get used to them.

The pictures are very good at 12MP and are perfect for printing 4x6 or 5x7 photos from.

Overall I really cannot recommend this unless you are a diehard Kodak fan.

Great price and Quality

from Houston, tx

Comments about Kodak Easyshare C190 12MP Digital Camera:

I was looking for a nice digital camera that doesn't cost that much. I have always had great experience with Kodak. They have never let me down. I have done extensive research before choosing my camera. I compared different types of cameras before I decided to buy this camera. I needed something inexpensive, high quality and easy to use.

This camera was recommended for beginners. I never had a camera of my own. I wanted to have a camera so I would be able to capture memories that can stay with me forever. There were always moments that I wish I had camera.

I love this camera. It's easy to use. It doesn't cost that much. It takes clear photos. That photos turn out great! It's lightweight. It's easy to hold in my hands. I can easily capture the photos with a click. The functions on the camera isn't hard to figure out. It's easy to carry around.

Pros: Inexpensive, easy to use, clear photos
Cons: Batteries die out easily

I give this camera an overall rating of a 10 out of a 10 and I recommend this product.

Image Quality
Great image quality. The photos are clear!

It's easy to use. Great for beginners!

I had it for over an year and it's as new as the day that I got it.

Battery Life
It uses up the batteries quickly

Portability
Easy to carry around. It's lightweight and easy to grasp.

Beautiful Design for the family

Comments about Kodak Easyshare C190 12MP Digital Camera:

This is one of the cameras that I own. I actually really like this camera because of the design. My favorite thing was that I could choose from different colors. I also really like that I can carry this anywhere I go.

Image Quality
The image quality is great. I really like that I can take pictures in the sunlight and they turn out beautifully. I also like how the pictures look if they are taken inside the house. The pictures look crisp and clear. It is very easy to focus and take a great picture.

Everything works great .

I think that anyone can use this camera with little to no problems. It is very easy to understand how to use it. The instructions book really helps to come to understand the product. After that, everything comes pretty easy.

I have had no problems with my camera. I think that this camera will last me quite a while.

Battery Life
I think that the battery life is great. The battery actually lasts a really long time. I don't have to worry about charging it all the time.

Portability
Awesome to carry around. This is great for traveling.

Kodak C 190

Comments about Kodak Easyshare C190 12MP Digital Camera:

I have to give this camera a wonderful Overall Rating because it has many features on it that you will probably never use, but for the younger generation they will know how to use all of then in a short period of time and teaching you how to use many of them if they do not try to teach you to fast. It is a wonderful camera because it is auto focus and point and shoot and that is what many people are looking for today.

Image Quality
The image quality is great from the lower end of what this camera can be set to do all the way to the 12 mega pixels that it can do. It is more than you computer can use but not when it comes to the printing of the pictures and the pictures that you get from this camera is most outstanding for a point and shoot.

As I have stated it is a auto focus/ point and shoot camera that can be set up from 12 mega pixel and down to the bottom of the cameras settings. It is one that you can have set up one time and never have to have reset again, unless you are wanting to get the best performance that this camera can deliver and it is wonderful.

I have been lucky or it is just a well made camera because I have lost count how many times that I have dropped it and it keeps on working. It has been rained on and I will be honest I am very hard on a camera because I do use them for so many different things. From landscape to still shots of families. It holds up well even to some abuse and in my case a lot of abuse.

Battery Life
I do carry a spare battery and I never know why maybe one of these days I will really need it and it will be the day that I do not bring it. but the battery life is most wonderful and for the average user I do not think that you will need to carry extra batteries.

Portability
Small enough to fit in a purse or in my case it fits into my jacket pocket with spare sim cards and the spare battery. This camera does not take much space at all and can easily fit into your front pocket of your shirt.
I do not think for a minute that you would ever regret having this camera and I do highly recommend this for the average person.

Not the quality I expected from Kodak

from Toledo, OH

Comments about Kodak Easyshare C190 12MP Digital Camera:

I am not thrilled with the Kodak Easyshare C190 12MP Digital Camera. It was not that expensive but it was expensive enough that I would expect a much better quality picture and a much higher quality product. Kodak to me symbolizes cameras so I was very surprised by the quality of pictures I get from this camera. It is absolutely horrible in low light too. I wanted to use to take pictures of my grandkids sports and activities and it hasn’t worked well for those types of things. I tried different settings and still the pictures seem to turn out grainy. Also the batteries go dead really quickly. Although that is not unusual for digital cameras, the batteries should last for at least 100 pictures. It is very easy to use which makes it nice for my grandkids to take pictures but if you want high quality pictures, I don’t recommend this camera. I will be replacing it with a better camera for myself and give this one to my grandkids to use.

• Portability:

Great little camera for general daily picture-taking

from Haslett, MI

Comments about Kodak Easyshare C190 12MP Digital Camera:

My husband gave me this camera as a gift after our last point-and-shoot camera quit working. Our last camera was only 6.0 megapixels, so 12.0 megapixels looks amazing to me! Although our previous camera was not a Kodak and was set up completely differently, it was easy to learn how to use the Kodak EasyShare. It easily recognizes and focuses on faces, which is really helpful for getting sharp, clear pictures.

Image Quality
This is 12.0 megapixels, which, to me, is very clear and high-quality. I have gotten some the pictures I've taken with it blown up into large wall prints, and they look fabulous! Action shots are a breezy and almost never blurry. I can take great pictures of my 2-year-old, who is in constant motion.

Very easy to use and learn. The software for the computer is great as well, and is also very easy to use.

So far, the camera has been very durable, holding up to being dropped, splashed with water, and left in the sun/sand all day.

Battery Life
Like most digital cameras, the Kodak eats through batteries pretty quickly.

This Kodak Digital Camera Takes Good Photos & Blurry Photos

from Stockton, CA

Comments about Kodak Easyshare C190 12MP Digital Camera:

The Kodak Easyshare C190 12MP Digital Camera is easy to use. I like the way this camera adjusts the scene you will be shooting. It also adjusts the aperture and the exposure time for taking a good picture. It has a panorama feature. This camera has different modes too, so you can experiment with it. This camera takes out-of-focus photos sometimes. It really depends on the lighting. The more lighting, the less blurry the pictures come out. It is easy to load batteries, but I think this camera is very fragile. When you load batteries, the lid might break. This camera comes with a battery charger. You can re-charge the batteries, when they die. They seem to last quite awhile though. This camera is not heavy, so I don’t expect it to last very long. This is the kind of camera I like to use for taking pictures at parties or weddings. I take pictures of some of my artwork as well. I think the price of this camera is fair. So if you buy it on sale, it is a good deal. The design is cute, and I like the color of it. This camera is a good one to buy for a novice. Overall, the “Kodak Easyshare C190 12MP Digital Camera” is mediocre.

Great beginner's camera

from Columbus, OH

Comments about Kodak Easyshare C190 12MP Digital Camera:

This camera is perfect for the non-tech savvy person. Easy to share the pictures. It's light and comfortable in your hands.

Image Quality
Image quality is great. Takes unbelievably crisp pictures.

The camera is a little slow to be ready to take a picture. Action shots are a little bit difficult because the camera doesn't move fast enough sometimes.

This camera has never let me down. It was a gift from my father to take pics of his grandkids. We needed something easy to use and this was it. An experienced camera person would probably have no problems. As I know nothing about cameras, sometimes I struggle with action shots. I did have a sun shade device added to the back of the camera to cut down on glare. Most of the pictures I take are in the sun so this helped tremendously. If you buy this camera, get a sun shade.

I have left this camera in my glove box, and in my "softball bag" for my daughter's softball tournaments. No problem.

Battery Life
The battery life is very good with this camera.

Portability
Very portable. Sometimes easy to lose in the bottom of a tote bag though.

• Portability:

cheap camera that works but sometimes produces blurry pics

from Austin, TX

Comments about Kodak Easyshare C190 12MP Digital Camera:

works very well - i had to contact customer service to figure out how to download he pics to the computer but they explained it

Image Quality
good product sometimes the pics come out blurry

sometimes the flash & the no flash seem to be cumbersome

very easy to use

seems to hold up

eats batteries like crazy

easy to carry

• Portability:

Holds how many without a memory card?????

from Sterling Heights, MI

Comments about Kodak Easyshare C190 12MP Digital Camera:

Only problem, I never remember to bring it with me when I go to the store.

psst, in case I take a picture of mine. Mine is Blue~otherwise the same.....