3.9

3.9

Pros

Cons

• Portability:

Kodak Easyshare C182 is simple to use.

We bought the Kodak EasyShare C182 digital camera, after trying out 2 other digital cameras.We wanted a digital camera with a larger screen, than the two and a half inch size of our other ones.  This one has a three-inch screen.  It also is a far superior camera, with 12 megapixals.

In the box were the camera, camera strap, 2 batteries, the Kodak EasyShare software disk, and the one page user guide.  I opened the guide up and it is very basic:“1. Install Kodak EasyShare Software.2. Load batteries.3. Turn on the camera.4. Set language, date/time.5. Take a picture/video.6. Review pictures/videos.7. Transfer pictures/videos.”

The camera is set up pretty much the same as other cameras, so I am not going to list where everything is on it.

The settings are very easy, and most of the time we will use Smart Caption, that is the same as auto, on other cameras.

We have had the camera for around 2 months now, and taken all kinds of photographs.  I've printed some off and they turned out great.

We have taken lots of video, and it doesn't jump.  I am glad to say.

It has a good zoom, and I like the zoom on playback, and also moving the photo up and down, and side to side.  Neat.  You can also bring pictures up as thumbnails.

All in all, this is an easy camera to use.  It is not as thin as some of the other ones, but I want ease of use, good quality pictures, and a camera that works every time.

Image Quality
It takes great photographs, and video.

Works really well.

Very straight forward. I had no problems using it.

It will last until we want another one.

Good with new batteries.

Portability
Just slip it in your pocket, or purse.

Kodak EasyShare C182 12MP Digital Camera

I purchased this Kodak Easy Share C182 silver in color camera last year after my old Kodak Easy Share C533 camera broke when it fell out of my pocket while changing my clothes. I always thought when a new item comes out they improve it...not this. Let me start by saying it is a good camera if it is your first Easy Share. It does have a bigger viewing display which is nice. The C182 isn't as user friendly as I found my older camera to be. I am disappointed it doesn't have date and time stamp on every picture like my older camera did. There is a way to date stamp a picture but each picture has to be done individually. I also don't like that when I record there is no sound that comes across my camera, if I immediately play it back to watch. I can not access the sound until I download it. I also wish that the door for the sd card was seperate from the battery compartment. It's a minor inconvenience, but I was used to having it seperate and not having to worry about the batteries falling out while putting my sd card in and out. These things are, in my eyes, not improving the camera. I also miss the words on the back of the camera telling me what each button does, example: delete, menu, and review. After all this time I still get confused on what picture means what, except the picture of the garbage can, of course. I also like that there is a little bit of substance to this camera, meaning that my not petite hands can hang onto it, but I still can stick it in my pocket quickly if needed. I also don't notice any difference in going from a 5.0 mega pixels to a 12 mega pixels.

Advanced features, software unavailable

from Syracuse, New York

Comments about Kodak - Easyshare C182 12MP Digital Camera:

I didn't think this Kodak Easyshare C182 12MP Digital Camera was going to be anything too complicated and I was certainly not disappointed. What I like about this camera is that it takes great pictures - no matter who takes them. It has a wider 3 inch screen for better view and smart capture technology that makes it possible for my 9 year old to take excellent pictures. It really has a lot of worthwhile features that makes it's cost seem less of an issue. This camera can detect faces and adjust accordingly as well as adjust to the lighting to help you take better pictures. You can also use onscreen edits that make editing a breeze. It also has more advanced features - which my nine year old hasn't quite mastered yet but the rest of us have. It's funny to hear the kids attempting to video record and instead capture mostly audio, the things they say! Since there have been changes regarding the availability of the Kodak downloadable software, you may want to inquire about the new software that might be available to use with this model. The other software was downloadable. Also, I would consider investing in a warranty - although the camera is pretty durable, accidents happen and you wouldn't want to be left without coverage. There were 3 different colors of this model to choose from. I purchased a blue one because the silver somehow looked cheap. It doesn't take very long to learn the ins and outs of this camera and, it's well worth the money.

Advanced features

I would still invest in a warranty

• Portability:

Kodak Easyshare C182 is simple to use.

from New Port Richey, FL

Comments about Kodak - Easyshare C182 12MP Digital Camera:

We have taken lots of video, and it doesn't jump.  I am glad to say.

Image Quality
It takes great photographs, and video.

Works really well.

Very straight forward. I had no problems using it.

It will last until we want another one.

Good with new batteries.

Portability
Just slip it in your pocket, or purse.

not for me

from Chicago, IL

Comments about Kodak - Easyshare C182 12MP Digital Camera:

I received the Kodak Easyshare C182 digital camera as a gift from my parents. They meant well, but I did not have the best experience with this camera. The camera is really easy to use. It has settings for all different situations - Fireworks, Beach, Outdoor, etc. Mine also came with a dock that you could put the camera on for easy printing. I was in my teens when I received the camera, and for me it was just not technologically advanced enough. I would rather just put the pictures on my computer then deal with the dock (and paper and ink for the dock.) I was also not satisfied with the picture quality, or the software that you had to use to manage your pictures on your computer. In my opinion, this camera might be a good fit for someone who didn't want to deal with technology and just wanted an easy camera to take and print pictures. Otherwise, I think there are a lot of better options for cameras.

picture perfect

from Frankston, TX

Comments about Kodak - Easyshare C182 12MP Digital Camera:

**My husband thought I needed my own digital camera for taking pictures at school and church functions.  I was pleasantly surprised when he bought me this Kodak Easyshare camera three years ago.  I've used it mainly to take pictures at school.  I also have used it for taking pictures of kids at Children's Church.  When then have used those nice, sharp photos to make moms and dads gifts.  The name Kodak Easyshare says it all.  It's easy to take a picture, download, and presto!  pictures to share on my blog, facebook and even emailed to relatives!  Need a great digital camera?  Get a Kodak Easy share....works GREAT for me!**

Image Quality
No complaints...great for pics on facebook to share with friends and family.

easy to use even our 10 year old can use it with no help.

t's been a good camera.

Battery Life
We rarely charge it. Lasts and lasts.

goes where we go

from 352433344

Comments about Kodak - Easyshare C182 12MP Digital Camera:

This camera was given to me as a gift from my brother. The quality of these digital images is awesome. I just can't believe how clear and sharp the pictures are. This is a really nice camera and easy to use - small and compact, too. The Kodak - Easyshare C182 12MP Digital Camera has various settings and features the 12 mega pixels The automatic feature on this camera will automatically select the setting appropriate for the scene (i.e. backlit subjects that you don't want to come out dark, come out perfectly exposed). The software allows you to crop and edit the pictures. I make jewelry and post the photos on my website and this camera takes nice closeups of the detail of my jewelry. The only drawback is that it goes through batteries quite quickly. Otherwise this camera is wonderful!

It is okay for the money

from Nicholasville, KY

Comments about Kodak - Easyshare C182 12MP Digital Camera:

I was really excited when I was bought this camera, I thought it was going to be just what I was looking for. From what the sales person had discussed with me, I was sure it would be the right fit. I was disappointed the very first time I used it. I did read the manual and yes, I have used these types of cameras before, even the same brand. It is a really good design, easy to use, many different features and is lightweight and easy to carry along with you, that is the good side. Now, on to the not so good, the image quality is not what I expected, even with good lighting and angle, etc. a lot of the pictures looked dull, grainy or just plain dark. It also uses batteries fairly fast, so be prepared to buy rechargeables. At least, it isn't overpriced.

Kodak Easyshare C182 Lives Up to it's Name

from Azusa, CA

Comments about Kodak - Easyshare C182 12MP Digital Camera:

My camera is the purple one that usually comes with the bundle but I got mine separately. The ease with which you can switch modes (close up, video, action) is my most used feature, but the most convenient is the little "Share" button on the camera. I have mine hooked up to my Facebook account and all I need to do after coming home from a trip that I want to share is to plug my camera in and hit the share button and wait while it uploads the pictures to Facebook for me (Well, I do have to pick a folder on Facebook for them to go into).

There are only two real difficulites that I have with this camera, and one isn't even the fault of the camera itself. The "EasyShare" software really isn't very easy to use, and it doesn't share resources with my computer very well, hogging up a lot of them when I have it running. Also, the sensor for the Automatic Flash setting is a bit sensitive, flashing some close up pictures into a bright glarey mess that makes me retake the picture with the flash off.

This Kodak camera is amazing

from Chicago, IL

Comments about Kodak - Easyshare C182 12MP Digital Camera:

I recently bought this Kodak camera because I figured I needed an upgrade since my other digital camera was about 8 years old and 4 megapixels I believe. This camera is so much better than my old one. I guess they can do a lot with technology in 8 years though. This is very easy to use and has a ton of different features. The picture and video quality are amazing and blow the picture quality of my old camera away. This makes taking photos of my wife and kids so easy and also makes sharing them easy as well. So much simpler than the days of having to get film developed. I love my new Kodak 12 megapixel camera. I recommend this camera to anyone looking for a new digital camera that is fun and works great.

Kodak Easyshare makes great family camera.

from Burlington, IA

Comments about Kodak - Easyshare C182 12MP Digital Camera:

My husband and I received this camera as a gift last Christmas to use when our son was born in February. We are very pleased with the quality of pictures this camera takes and have found it to be very user friendly. We don't have much experience with digital cameras but were quickly and easily able to use this camera without having to study the user manual. One of our favorite features has been the quick share button which allows you to automatically upload pictures to Facebook, an email address, or other site online, making sharing pictures much faster and easier. The only negative we have found is that batteries don't seem to last very long when using this camera. We bought a rechargeable battery kit and that has helped tremendously! Overall, I would say this is a great user-friendly camera that I would recommend to beginners and those who need quick photo sharing options!

Its an OK camera.

from Dupo, IL

Comments about Kodak - Easyshare C182 12MP Digital Camera:

I have own this since Xams, . I like it dont get me wrong, But with all the new upgrades on cameras and the picute quality . You would think this would be better. I have the Kodak printer as well, and use the best pic paper,, but the pics still print and even takin to wal greens to print, the come out looking a bit bluured, but not on the preview screen when taking the picdture, that looks GREAT,. lol