Other Digital Cameras:
Kodak - EasyShare Z915 Digital Camera

Kodak - EasyShare Z915 Digital Camera

Pros

Cons

awesome camera for a great price

I found this camera to be very easy to use, and the picture quality is great.  The 10x zoom is ample for most situations, and it has enough mps that there is much room for cropping and still having great photos.  I didn't seem to get many out of focus or blurry pictures.  There are many different scene settings for this camera, and although I have no idea how to change the individual settings (exposure, speed, etc.), there are so many settings that is doesn't really matter for me.  My favorie thing about this camera is its size.  I am amazed that it is so compact while having this level of zoom.  It can be carried in a pocket, but it is a little big for that.  I also like that it uses regular AA batteries.  This is important to me because no matter where you are (well, mostly) you will be able to get a replacement battery.  Think of any time you ave been somewhere, for example an amusement park.  If a rechargable battery dies, you are out of luck unless you have bought an extra and have it with you charged.  It is easy to carry a pack of AA in your camera bag.  It comes with a wrist strap, so if you need a neck strap, you will just have to get one separately.

Alright if your careful with it.

The camera itself is very sleak and simple to use. It only uses two AA batteries which makes it a lot easier on my since I have a lot of other devices that uses that kind of source. Although at the price that I paid for it, I believe it should have had a rechargable battery installed within it. The uploading process ay take some time if you have a load of pictures and some may even be corrupted which happened to me a lot for some odd reason. The video funtion on the camera works perfectly, but only if you replay it on a computer, otherwise the volume on the camera wont be as loud as you may want it to be. I couldn't hear anything out of mine half of the time I replayed it on the camera. The zoom feature is alright but sometimes it takes a while for everything to focus and become clear. I liked it, but I suggest not to carry it around everywhere with you because the lens on the product is highly sensitive. I've had mine for lest than a year and the lens went out of its socket from apparently being moved around. Although I rarely took it out for use. Kodak will charge you to repair the damage since the warranty apparently doesnt cover damage based upon a view of of self break. All and all, if your lucky with this camera you'll have a blast using it. The camera is perfect for a gift I suppose. Just handle it with care.

good point and shoot camera for the price range

from Lake Villa, IL

Comments about Kodak - EasyShare Z915 Digital Camera:

I recieved the Kodak Easyshare Z915 last year as a birthday gift. I had been looking for a camera with a decent zoom for a while and I am very happy with this camera. It has a 10 times optical zoom that brings the subject pretty close. It has a sport setting and catches fast moving things like children very well. I use this at my son's soccer games ad get nice clear pictures not just ablur like my old camera. The camera is heavier then the basic point and shoot digitals that have small zooms, but it is not that heavy and I often keep it in my purse and do not even notice the extra weight. It is very easy to view pictures or videos from the camera and very easy to delete as well, but not so easy that you delete by accident. I love how easy it is to use and can hand it to someone ese and they can use it with ease. My husband rarely takes pictures in our family since I enjoy doingit and when e went out with our sons wthout me I was able to give him the camera an just tel him which button to turn on the caera and he was able to take some great pics without any problems.

Kodak Easy Share ZP15 Digital Camera is Okay!

from Rexburg, ID

Comments about Kodak - EasyShare Z915 Digital Camera:

I bought this camera because I got it for a good deal and because my old camera died.I like that it had high mega pixels and optical zoom. I had read reviews that this was a good camera so I bought it. This camera isn't too bad, sometimes it will take good pictures but most of my pictures turn out blurry and I hate it. This camera is not what I expected and not what I had read. Spend a little more money and get a good camera. I wish I would have. The time inbetween taking pictures is also very slow. I also don't like that this camera is so bulky, I wish I would have got a smaller one to fit in my pocket, so I wouldn't have to carry it all the time. The video sound is also terrible and you really have to listen to be able to hear it.

VERY SLOW TAKING PICTURES!!

from Piqua, OH

Comments about Kodak - EasyShare Z915 Digital Camera:

I bought this camera in the fall 2010 for my dad because he wanted something bigger for his hands and something very easy to use. The Kodak-EasyShare Z915 was a waste of money. I read reviews about it before I bought it and decided to buy it based on the positive reviews. The two complaints about the camera were the battery life and the slowness of taking pictures. I informed my dad of this but we went and bought it anyway. We have not had any trouble with the battery. He has used it a lot and the battery is doing well. The buttons are big and easy enough for his big fingers to manipulate. The camera is light weight and the zoom lens is fast. HOWEVER, we both think the camera is worthless taking pictures of children. There seems to be a 1-3 second delay taking the pictures. We both have missesd a lot of great shots of the kids. My dad called Kodak and the service rep said that camera does have a delay and there was nothing they could do. Since it was past the 30 day return policy he is stuck with the camera. We are currently looking for another camera that is easy for him to use but with a faster shutter speed. I would not recommend buying this camera!

Kodak Z915 Digital Camera

from Mount Pleasant, TX

Comments about Kodak - EasyShare Z915 Digital Camera:

I have really enjoyed the Kodak Z915 camera.  It is easy to use, like most point and shoot digital cameras.  It has a lot of settings to take different types of pictures. I love the scene selection and its the feature I use the most.  The museum setting has worked well for taking pictures of band concerts that my children are involved in. I was afraid that this setting would not work well in an auditorium setting because there is not flash.  This has not been the case however.  This setting on the camera actually works better than the auto setting with or without flash.

We have had a  lot of unusual winter weather for our area this year and the snow settings have worked great for our snow day pictures.  Pictures are clear and sharp and without a glare.  Another feature that I have found useful is the different landscape settings.  I recently took some nighttime pictures of the moon. I did have to put the camera on a tripod in order to get a focused, sharp picture, but the pics turned out great!

All in all, its a great point and shoot digital.  The zoom is great for football games and halftime shows which are things I take lots of pictures of.

A must have

from Trion, GA

Comments about Kodak - EasyShare Z915 Digital Camera:

I received this camera as a gift for Christmas. This is the 3rd camera I have owned in the past 4 years and is the 2nd Kodak. I am much more pleased with this one than I was with my previous Kodak camera. This camera has great zoom and seems to be lighter weight than my last one. I love how this camera takes wonderful pictures when the image is moving or when I am moving even. This is the perfect camera for taking pictures of moving objects, such as animals, children, or even at sporting events. I like that this camera uses an SD card and this was a huge factor in my selecting this camera. My camera did not come with the strap that holds the lens cap in place but I emailed Kodak and they are sending me one for free. I love having a product in which the company stands behind it and is willing to make sure they do everything possible to ensure that their customers are happy with their product. I highly recommend!

Kodak EasyShare Z915 ups and downs

from Austin, TX

Comments about Kodak - EasyShare Z915 Digital Camera:

i really did love the panoramic feature and it is a higher-end camera for a point and shoot, but you're still really limited. it's still hard to get good quality pictures in little light and sometimes i had problems focusing, especially when trying macro. i did seem to have to change my batteries out quite a bit, but you can just buy a set of rechargeables. unfortunately i only had it for a few months before it got knocked onto it's lens and broke. i've saved up and now have a Nikon DSLR D70 and i would never own a point and shoot again, but that's because i want to do professional work. if you're just wanting a camera for candid photos, vacations and photos of that sort, then this one works great and is easy to figure out, especially for the price. now that i work at a high-end camera store though, they told me i should never buy Kodak... and i wonder if that's why it broke so easily.... who knows.

EasyShare Z915 Digital Camera is simply great!!

from Vaiden, MS

Comments about Kodak - EasyShare Z915 Digital Camera:

I got a EasyShare Z915 Digital Camera for Christmas this year. I was so excited when I opened it up, I couldn't wait to start snapping pictures. It was very simple to use just turn the dial on the top and it tells you what each setting is for. Not only is it easy to use but the screen is easy to see also, it's just the right size. The software was easy to install on my computer, once I installed the software, I easily loaded my pictures. The software is great I can edit my pictures and make them look great. I love the creative part of it, I can make calenders, cards and many other things using the software. Not only do the pictures look great on my computer but when I ordered prints they turned out great too, I couldn't believe how clear the pictures turned out. I would definitely recommend the Easy Share Z915 Digital Camera to anybody. The only downside to it that I can think of is the batteries didn't last as long as I would have liked.

A Cool Camera!

from North Hollywood, CA

Comments about Kodak - EasyShare Z915 Digital Camera:

This camera is simply amazing if your in a budget. It takes average pictures and other cameras could so better but this one is ok for the price. This camera has a black finish. The batter last a good amount. It takes very good pictures in the sunlight/outside. It is very easy to use if this is your very first camera. A kid could also use this camera since its very to use. I strongly recommend this camera to everyone. This camera will never fail you but could be upgraded.

photos for scrapbooking

from Texarkana, TX

Comments about Kodak - EasyShare Z915 Digital Camera:

I am not sure if this is the correct model number but it looks likemy camera.  I wanted one that I could hold on to as opposed to the small flat type digital cameras. I tend to shake when taking pictures.   I scrapbook and wanted a camera that would take sharp pictures and this one does fantastic pictures.  I have no compaints about it. It fits my needs as a full time scrapbooking person and I do take a lot of pictures. Easy to download to my pc. I did buy it online after shopping at many stores looking at all the options it offered.  I think Kodak brand is great.  They have been in the business a long time and I trust that about them.

Great value Kodak

from Dallas, TX

Comments about Kodak - EasyShare Z915 Digital Camera:

Kodak has a strong reputation from their film business and it carries over to their cameras. The camera powers on very quickly ready to take pictures, especially considering it has a 10x zoom. This model captures a maximum of 10 megapixel images on it's CCD imager. This is just fine as the megapixel race has really done nothing to increase the quality of images for computers and just fueled the demand for higher capacity storage devices such as secure digital cards, which this camera takes. This model has image stabilization, a must in all cameras these days as it really helps to avoid image blur, particularly at the far end of the 10x zoom. Speaking of the 10x zoom, it is really quite pleasantly surprising to find a 10x zoom on a camera this inexpensive. Just be careful because at the far end of the zoom, the aperture reduces (as on virtually all point and shoot cameras) and reduces the amount of light available to take brighter pictures. Overall, this is a great camera value.