Other Digital Cameras:

Kodak - EasyShare Z712 Digital Camera

Pros

Cons

Kodak EasyShare Z712 IS Zoom Digital Camera is easy to use

I finally used our Kodak EasyShare Z712 IS Digital Camera. I was a newbie with it, still am. Reading and learning how everything works. Reading about it tonight found out it is also a video recorder with voice cool, more to learn. I prefer being shown how it is done, this time I am doing both. And I must say, seems somewhat easy for this challenged gal.

I'm a hands on type of person as opposed to reading the instructions, which I can say is better than a guy at times....lol...They don't need instructions or stopping for driving directions. So far I am coming along very well with the Kodak EasyShare Z712 IS, I guess that is why it is called EasyShare. Picture quality is very good on the computer, I am very impressed. Next step printing and sharing and seeing how that goes, still in the learning process. (I usually scan pictures) It's bigger than most newer Digital camera's, it's easy to hold. I like the way I can grip the camera. May not be as compact, most certainly not a pocket type.

My sister has one of the models of the Kodak EasyShare, hearing how happy she was with hers and the quality of pictures. Helped me decide what kind of Digital camera I would be looking for.

Having made this purchase, I am happy with the decision and would make it again. I would recommend the Kodak EasyShare (not sure if they still make it though).

Like I mentioned this newbie is having a easy time learning how to use the Kodak EasyShare Z712 IS.

Difficult to upload photos

I purchased the Kodak EasyShareZ712 Digital Camera because the price was right and Kodak has an amazing reputation as an electronics brand. When I received my camera and opened the box, the first thing I noticed was that the process for uploading photos was fairly complex. I use iPhoto on a regular basis and did not like that this digital camera was not compatible with the iPhoto software. I downloaded the Kodak EasyShare software and was very disappointed with how difficult it was to use. I took a series of pictures on my Kodak camera and then attached the camera to my laptop. The software did not open right away so I opened the Kodak application manually. Once I did, it was difficult to determine how exactly I should import my photos. Once I figured that out, it was even more difficult to determine how to edit my photos. Overall, the quality of the photos I took with this Kodak camera was not high. The images were blurry. I ended up returning this camera after spending many frustrating hours trying to make it work. Overall, I would not recommend this digital camera.

Very Good Camera

Comments about Kodak - EasyShare Z712 Digital Camera:

I bought this camera when I had my son, so I could have a good camera to take pictures as he grows and all the events and activities we do. This is the best camera I have ever owned. It is small enough to keep in my purse or the small pocket in my backpack, and it is very lightweight too. The 12x zoom on it is great! It takes very clear pictures, and has pretty fast, accurate focusing on it. There is an auto mode on it that helps to choose the correct shooting conditions and the subject that you are taking a picture of, and it also chooses the correct scene mode automatically. The battery last for a couple days, depending on how often you use it and leave it on while using it. I am very happy with this camera and the pictures I have taken with it. I would highly recommend this camera to anyone.

Image Quality
Takes great pictures that are very clear.

Very easy to use.

Battery Life
Has a good battery life. I usually charge my battery every few days when I am using it, and it will last 2-3 days when I am using it a lot.

Difficult to upload photos

Comfortable Grip

from Dallas, TX

Comments about Kodak - EasyShare Z712 Digital Camera:

This was the second digital camera that I ever owned after having a Nikon CoolPix. I wanted to try out Kodak since it is what I grew up using (35mm). I feel like Kodak fell behind the digital revolution and was trying to make a comeback. I loved the ergonomic grip because I took a lot of nature and scenery shots that required me to hold very still. Additionally, I often gave my camera to strangers to snap photos of my husband and I in front of picturesque views in Asia (where we lived when I owned the Kodak EasyShare Z712). The handle made it easier for people who were unfamiliar with cameras (common in the rural settings where we lived and traveled) to quickly get the hang of snapping photos. My only complaint is that it is for right-handed people only, but I guess in essence most cameras are geared toward righties with the button placement.
The camera had a good zoom for its time, but as soon as I went past the manual zoom an into the digital zoom, my photos always became blurry.
Like my previous camera, I used this once constantly with the students that I taught overseas. I guess it was the constant use that wore it out. The photo quality and camera speed sharply declined after about a year and a half.

A lot of setting options that were sometimes hard to figure out.

Wore out after a year and a half of constant use.

Battery Life
The battery died quite frequently

Portability
A bit hard to fit into a small camera bag.

Absolutely Great Camera

Comments about Kodak - EasyShare Z712 Digital Camera:

Several years ago I had bought a smaller model of the Kodak Easy Share for my young daughter at the time to use for her 4-H photography project. I liked it so much that I eventually bought this larger model for myself. This is the best camera I have ever purchased. I take pictures with it almost daily for my blog. I use it for pictures of the children and grandchildren. Have even taken video and posted to Youtube. It is so easy to use and operate.

Image Quality
The image quality from this camera is extraordinary. Great closeups and some of the best photos I have ever taken.

Even for a technology challenged individual like myself this camera is super simple to use. I can take pictures of my grandchildren then walk into my office and plug this into my computer, download the images in seconds and print them right off my little home printer. I have plenty of snapshots to share with the family and can even post to Facebook.

I have drug this camera around for years now and it is still in great shape. Buy yourself a good camera bag to protect it and remember to use that lens cap to protect the lens from scratches and you should be fine. This camera has went on vacations, hikes, camp outs and weddings and it has the occasion scuff but still performs great.

Battery Life
I purchased my camera originally from the Kodak site. I purchased their rechargeable battery and the charger. It has been probably 4 years now and I am still recharging that same battery and it still holds a charge great. So I went back and ordered a second from Kodak so that I could have 1 charging while I use the other battery. While on vacation I charge both at night and have a spare battery charged in the bag if needed.

Portability
This is not the little camera that you can carry in a pocket but is a larger camera. Buy yourself a good comfortable neck strap and I carry mine around my neck. The strap it comes with isn't that great. I also purchased a good bag with mine that I store the camera in when not in use or transporting.

absolutely love it!

Comments about Kodak - EasyShare Z712 Digital Camera:

A few years ago I was in the market for a digital camera and a video camera. I went to a store where the clerk showed me this model. It did everything I wanted a camera to do plus some. The pictures are very clear. I use it quite often. I believe I have taken over 1400 pictures with my camera and probably 10 videos. The only thing I do not like about it is that it does not allow me to take two photos back to back. Some times my kids really hate having to stay still for so long while I am trying to take multiple pictures. However, the flash is amazing. I can take pictures at night and the flash makes it seem like day and the photos are quite clear.

I am so glad I chose this camera. It does absolutely everything I need a camera to do, and it does it with ease.

The instruction booklet is very clear and makes the camera quite easy to use.

This camera can keep up with me and 4 kids and all the activities that we do. It's been dropped and kicked around and still works.

Battery Life
It takes 4 double A batteries. The batteries last quite a while, but I always keep extra in my camera case,

Portability
it's not the smallest camera but it is still very portable.

Great Camera Great Price

from New York, NY

Comments about Kodak - EasyShare Z712 Digital Camera:

The Kodak EasyShare Z712 is a great camera at an impressive price. The camera is feature rich (7.1MP, 12x optical zoom, optical image stabilization, pop-up flash, and the ability to record VGA video). I had a lot of fun playing around with the various exposure control types, in particular the panoramic and landscape features. The 12x zoom is impressive and a major selling point for me -- this makes it easy to get great shots from afar, especially when combined ti the panorama mode. The camera itself looks impressive and although it is slightly larger than most pocket digital cameras, it did not feel too bulky in my hands. The battery life is above average, I managed to snap off about 300+ photos. Unfortunately, the camera comes with a proprietary battery, be warned. Photo quality is impressive -- colors are rich and vibrant. Arguably its biggest selling point is it's price. The camera provides great value for money. I would recommend this camera for a beginner to an intermediate hobbiest. 5 stars.

Battery Life
Above average battery life. I am usually able to snap off about 300 photos. Unfortunately, the battery is propriety.

• Portability:

I just bought it, haven't used it yet will real soon. I have now

from Sterling Heights, MI

Comments about Kodak - EasyShare Z712 Digital Camera:

Next month I will be at a Graduation Party. My friend never takes pictures. Me, I like to take them for any and all occasion or everyday things. I'll have to get back to this one on rating it.
I have used my Kodak EasyShare - Z712 many, many times. I just forgot to update my review...Life happens. I have been very pleased with the outcome of the photo's. Like a photo should look.
I still take both my digital camera's with me when I travel, both give me different views. Family occasions, parties, you name it.....I bring my trusty Kodak EasyShare - Z712. One that has been with me for some special times.
The camera has different ways to take photo's, zoom in, low light, bright light - like sunshine. Adjustments they are there, when you need them.

Image Quality
My Kodak EasyShare - Z712 digital camera has finally been used, and many times at that. The quality is very good, printing out pictures appears like a picture should.

Kodak EasyShare performs every-time, on time whenever I need or want it to.

The Kodak EasyShare Z712 is very easy to use, if I can do it, so can you!

I have had the Kodak EasyShare - Z712 for many years now, it is standing up to the test of time. I have used this digital camera over and over.

Portability
It's a little on the bulky side, compared to today's camera. I'm not complaining, it isn't overly huge.

Kodak Easyshare Camera

I love it!

Image Quality
21x image pixels! Love it!

Great pictures!

Very easy to use, and share.

Battery Life
It came with a charger for the double a batteries, never have to buy batteries again! Whoo hoo!

Portability
I just wish It came with a case to carry it, so it wouldn't get damaged at all in traveling. I kept it in my travel bag on my trip to Hawaii last summer.

Great Camera

from Athens, GA

Comments about Kodak - EasyShare Z712 Digital Camera:

I have had this camera for five years and love this camera. I have taken mutiple pictures in all types of light and actions and the pictures always turn out great! I also love the editing process that comes with it. It is easy to use and saves so many pictures. I would buy this camera again if mine dies.

• Portability:

This Z712 is the best camera!

from Bronx, NY

Comments about Kodak - EasyShare Z712 Digital Camera:

I have had my Kodak EasyShare Z712IS for over two years now; I bought it after using a Canon Powershot. My main purpose for choosing this particualr camera was because of its zoom capabilities; 12X! That was the most zoom I have heard of at the time and in the store when I tested it out, I was quite impressed!!! I immediately fell in love with the camera and HAD to get it, but it was not until I started actually using it that I REALLY fell in love with it! Here I thought the zoom was its greatest feature, but I was so wrong. There are so many aspects to this camera that makes its loveable and well worth the price!!! Its ability to stitch a few photos together, the easiness of sharing, the multiple scenes to choose from, you name it this camera has it.

In October, it had broken and I was sooo upset about it. I had bought the newer update of this model and IMMEDIATELY returned it. It ws more of a downgrade than upgrade to this one! So I called Kodak for assistance and they made me an awesome offer to send it in to fix it (although, I wouldve paid anything to fix it). The customer service was fanstastic. I'm glad great service comes with their great products!