Other Digital Cameras:

Kodak - EasyShare Z710 Digital Camera

Pros

Cons

Great picture quality.

I purchased this camera a bit on a whim. I didn't do much research besides when I came across it in the store. I purchased this camera on the way up camping. I purchased it because of the, at the time, how much of a zoom it had, the mega-pixels and the look of the camera. While camping, I took pictures and when I returned home to print them up, I was surprised by the great quality of the pictures. The color quality was fantastic, they were crisp and clear, and just wonderful. I take pictures all of the time, and I use the many options available on the camera to get all kinds of different photos. About a year after I purchased the camera, while at my nephew's birthday party I accidently dropped my camera, I was devestated when the lens wouldn't expand...I tried calling around to different camera repair shops and many of them wouldn't even touch a kodak, not sure why, never really didn't get an explanation, but I found it to be too much to repair the camera, so I gave it to my uncle to tinker around with, and he was able to fix it, I now am able to use my camera again, and the quality is just as good. the only complaint i have is how expensive it is to repair, and the fact that no repair shops would even look at it. i'm in the market for a larger camera, but this camera is a great starter camera for someone looking to get into photography, great quality, light weight, a bit on the bulky side, but overall a good buy.

I love Kodak cameras but the Z710 is not for me.

The exact specifications wriiten on my camera are Kodak Z710 series with this being the Z712 IS.  It is 7.1 pixels with a 12x optical zoom.  I wanted something that would take great close up shots but also was functional and small enough to take to my childrens sporting events and school without the hindrance of a large camera.  The man at the sore where I bought this said it was the most compact camera I could get with the 12X zoom.  That may be true but the camera definately does not fit comfortably in a purse like I envisioned.  The color of the pictures are great and close ups outside are outstanding but this camera definately has issues everywhere else.  About 50% of the time when indoors whether the flash is on or not the pictures come out very grainy.  I have to be standing perfectly still or else all the pictures come out blurry which is very frustrating since one of the main marketing points was that it has a digital stabilizer for clearer pictures.  Also the stabilizer is noisey and often takes awhile to get set and allow the camera to take pictures.  Most of my friends have cheaper cameras that take nicer pictures.  If I could find the reciept I would return it.

I love this camera.

from Mooresville, NC

Comments about Kodak - EasyShare Z710 Digital Camera:

I already had a digital camera but I really wanted this one because it had a lot more functions than the one I had. I really like the panoramic pictures. You do have to read the directions to learn how to do the panoramic pictures, but once you figure it out it is great.

A Mid-Range Price with Huge Potential!

from Washington, IL

Comments about Kodak - EasyShare Z710 Digital Camera:

I recently purchased the Kodak EasyShare ZD710 Digital camera during the black Friday sales. For the cost (approx 150.00 during the sale) it was worth every penny and then some. Even though it is not as pricey as some models, with a little research I was able to purchase Telephoto and Wide angle lenses for this model, thereby taking it from a practical every day camera to a professional quality digital photography tool.  Another bonus was the traditional "hard battery" that came with the camera. It is much nicer to have one of these than to have to pay for new batteries every few months or so.  I did not opt to purchase the companion docking station as a simple plug in overnight does just as well.Overall I would recommend this to anyone who has a serious interest in nice digital quality photos. You can get models with more or less bells and whistles than this one but for a digital in the 7 megapixel category, this one is tops!

Would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a good camera.

from Berea, KY

Comments about Kodak - EasyShare Z710 Digital Camera:

I bought the Kodak ZD710 a week ago and I have been pleased.  There is a professional photographer in my area who actually uses this camera for her photos.  This camera is suprisingly user friendly and the picture quality is superb... much better than what I expected from Kodak!  The only complaint I have is that zoom stability isn't the greatest.  It isn't BAD, but I've had problems with it, especially when taking close-ups.  Other than that, I'm happy with this camera.  So far, it doesn't "eat" batteries like other digital cameras I have used in the past and that's a huge plus for me.  I would recommend this camera to anyone.  It's easy to use, yet gives great results.

This camera is an excellent choice for the hobbist photographer.

from Reedsburg, WI

Comments about Kodak - EasyShare Z710 Digital Camera:

I love my Kodak Easy Share Z 710.  With 3 grandkids and an in  home day care, I am taking a lot of pictures of moving kids.  They used to be blurry with my old digital camera.  They are perfect with my ES.  If you are looking for a camera to take qualty video though, keep looking.  The video quality is poor.

Great camera for your money. I love this camera!!

from Utica, NY

Comments about Kodak - EasyShare Z710 Digital Camera:

I love this camera!! The pictures come crystal clear. I have developed hundreds of pictures I took with this camera and they all came out wonderful. The colors are vibrant, the zoom is excellent, and takes great action photos. When using the 50x zoom the stability is a little shaky, but with a tripod or a firm hand it works great. My husband took this camera to a football game, and the pictures he took looked like he was right on the field with the players. I have played around with the black and white, and the sepia and they come out really nice too. I would definitely recommend this camera to amateur photographer who is looking for quality at a reasonable price.

Great Camera, Great Price!

from Moss Point, MS

Comments about Kodak - EasyShare Z710 Digital Camera:

I love love love this camera! It is so easy to use and it takes great pictures. The only thing that I would change is that it could use better image stabilization especially on pictures using the zoom. Otherwise, it takes great clear shots and has many different settings. The video feature on this camera also works really well. I will keep this camera for many years because it is so reliable and easy to use.

The Camera is great and very easy to use, I just love it! Great

from Northport, AL

Comments about Kodak - EasyShare Z710 Digital Camera:

This is a great camera to own, I just love it, so easy to use, I have owned other camera's but the Kidax 710 is a gem, I tell everyone about it, the zoom is 10 X the only problem is that if you zoom all the way it gets blurry, other than that it has a lot of nice features to use.

Great user friendly with awesome photo results!

from Reedsburg, WI

Comments about Kodak - EasyShare Z710 Digital Camera:

I did a lot of research before I purchased a new digital camera. I finally settled on the Kodak Z710 and I absolutely love this camera. Using the auto setting, this camera will take very good photographs of just about anything. I am an avid gardener and love to take photographs of my flowers. With the macro flower setting, I can get some of the most beautiful photographs of my flowers. I just learned that, on a windy day, I can use the sports setting for flowers too!

I also take a lot of photographs of children in action and the sports setting works great for that as well!!!

I have several birds and am ALWAYS taking photographs of them. Many of my bird freinds have asked me how I get such great photographs. Photos of them in flight are not blurry and the colors are very vivid.

This is an all around great camera for any use!

The Kodak EasyShare Z710 Digital Camera is great and reliable.

from Killeen, TX

Comments about Kodak - EasyShare Z710 Digital Camera:

When I purchased the Kodak EasyShare Z710 Digital Camera in 2006;  I thought I bought a great camera.  I soon discovered I was right!  I have used this camera at all my major life events and for artistic adventures in photography.  I am not a professional but this camera makes me feel like I am!  I have been able to enjoy all that this camera has to offer and I am still happy with it.  Let me say this camera is great and reliable!  I have been able to wow my family and friends with the photos that I take with this camera.

The Z710 is also reliable because it is quality made. I had an incident when my camera was exposed to water during travel and this camera has not missed a click and is still working the same.  I am also very impressed because my sister has a camera costing so much more and my camera takes pictures just as well or sometimes better!

This camera has alot to offer.  Alot of creative shots I have taken require me to be motionless while snapping pictures.  So, a tripod or a stationary object will work for that.  One other option on the camera is the sport option;  this causes pictures to be clearer even with alot of movement.  I would recommend this camera to anyone.

The Kodak Easy Share Z710 Digital Camera is excellent

from Millbury, MA

Comments about Kodak - EasyShare Z710 Digital Camera:

The Kodak Easy Share Z710 Digital Camera is excellent for general picture taking and has several on board options to enhance overall quality.

The controls are easy to operate and it's overall size allows people with larger hands to use it comfortably without having to continuously look for various conteols.