Other Digital Cameras:
Kodak
Kodak - EasyShare Z612 Digital Camera

Kodak - EasyShare Z612 Digital Camera

geat camera for the money

I would recommend this camera to anyone.  I had a 3 megapixal digital camera before i got this one.  The camera takes pictures as good as a professtional and i have taken some picutes of my daughter. that my friends thouth were taken by a professional.  The camera has excellent zoom and the pictures are very crisp when using the zoom.  There are many options on the camera that can be a little confusing because the book that comes with the camera does not explain much.  The menu on the camera does let u take black and white sepia and much more.  The image stabalizer is great help with takeing a picture anywhere without a trypod.  There are accesories for this camera also that i plan to buy in the future

Not Impressed with this kodak.

Normally I am a HUGE FAN of Kodak. However, this one let me down. I was very disappointed with the image stabilization is not as effective as in some of the other models. It really picks up the hand shakes in the photographs. The photos turn out blurry. However, the color is outstanding! It works best outdoors. Indoors the color is terribly off. The flash is not nearly powerful enough. The photos I have take indoors with it have turned out dark or slightly off color. I have 2 other Kodak cameras and I have just stuck this one in a junk drawer for kids to play with. If you are considering this camera, please reconsider! Instead, try the Kodak Z950. Now that is truly a fantastic camera worthy of the Kodak name!

Camera with a focus

from La Crescenta, CA

Comments about Kodak - EasyShare Z612 Digital Camera:

This is my very first digital camera that I owned and I was impressed with all the features that it has to offer. It has many features that allow you to shoot shots in the day or night, shoot moving shots, and videotapes as well. I love how fun it is to change shots and use different settings to get the color the way you want it. It comes with a memory card that stores a lot of photos and you can easily transfer the pics onto your computer drive. It has been a handy thing to use. The only awkwardness I find is the bulkiness of the camera. It feels like a professional camera but for the cost, it is worth every cent, with the kind of photos that it produces.

• Image Quality:
  • Battery Life:
  • Portability:

Great low priced camera with quality

from Lakeland, FL

Comments about Kodak - EasyShare Z612 Digital Camera:

Excellent for all ages to use. Great for action photos, indoor with lighting, all around easy to use. Has great zoom capability. Only negative is this camera eat batteries up fast.

Image Quality
Great picture quality even for distance

Battery Life
You can not use regular batteries it will eat them up, must use a rechargeable camera battery.

• Image Quality:
  • Battery Life:
  • Portability:

Great Camera with Great Digital Images

from Florence, AZ

Comments about Kodak - EasyShare Z612 Digital Camera:

The Kodak Easy Share Z612 is a very good camera.  I had a different digital camera made by samsung, and I had to take it back to the store because the images were aweful, and it deleted all of my pictures.  Since I got the Kodak Easy Share, Iv'e had great experiences taking family pictures, and picture at yankee stadium at one of the games, and all of the pictures came out perfect, I would definetly recommend this camera to other people.

Great quailty for the price!

from Mobridge, SD

Comments about Kodak - EasyShare Z612 Digital Camera:

I have had this camera for almost 2 years and it has given me nothing but quality photos. I have never had a problem with the Kodak EasyShare z612.... photos or camera unit. I have taken beautiful pictures I can share with friends and family... memories that will last a lifetime! I am extremely please with the quality and the cost.

This camera takes great pictures- even if you're a novice.

from Flagstaff, AZ

Comments about Kodak - EasyShare Z612 Digital Camera:

I love this camera because it is easy enough to operate that ANYONE can take a picture with it. I enjoy being IN the picture occasionally! I also love that it takes such high quality photos. I am an amateur photographer, and when my cousin was in the hospital, about to have a baby, I stopped by to say hi. I didn't have my professional camera with me, and I only had this z612 in my purse. The baby was born a few minutes after I arrived, and I got beautiful and amazing pictures with really great quality thanks to this camera. I would reccomend this camera to ANYONE- whether they're a professional photographer or have never used a digital camera before. Easy and has great quality.

Love it!!

from Carlsbad, NM

Comments about Kodak - EasyShare Z612 Digital Camera:

I really love my digital camera. I am constantly taking pictures of my two kids. So far I have no complaints about this camera. The pictures eem to have very good quality. I do wish the camera itself had higher memory for storing pictures. But when you add a memory card this is no longer a problem.

geat camera for the money

from Strasburg, IL

Comments about Kodak - EasyShare Z612 Digital Camera:

A great high zoom camera!

from Harrisburg, PA

Comments about Kodak - EasyShare Z612 Digital Camera:

I love my kodak easy share! It's extremely sturdy - I take it everywhere. The high zoom of the Z612 is wonderful - I take a lot of photos at zoos and can always get a great shot! There are a lot of specialized settings and they all work well.It is fairly big for a digital camera - it feels more like a film camera in size but I like that.

Great digital camera for general use

from Jamestown, IN

Comments about Kodak - EasyShare Z612 Digital Camera:

I bought the Kodak EasyShare Z612 in May 2008.

It takes great shots of people and large objects. I've had no problems or blurry shots with indoor or outdoor pictures of anything bigger than a breadbox. If you want to take basic pictures of your family, friends, pets, etc., this camera is perfect for that.

The battery life is also really long, even though the batteries are expensive. I spent quite a bit on a spare for trips.

However, I find the zoom to be lacking in image quality. I get a lot of blurry pictures trying to shoot macros. It goes in and out of focus on the LCD screen so you're never sure when it's going to take a good shot or a blurry shot. You don't know until you review the shot on the camera.

The built in video recording quality and sound quality are very low. Indoors and in other low light conditions, the quality is barely viewable, even in well-lit indoor rooms. My former digital camera did a much better job at video recording, and it was a much cheaper Nikon.

I also dislike that there's no optical viewfinder. You have to take your picture using the LCD screen on the back of the camera. It took a lot of getting used to, and it's not that helpful when you're trying to take macros.

It is also a pretty large digital camera, not one of the compact rectangles that can fit into a pocket. That can be a disadvantage at times. I have to use the neck strap when I need my hands while carrying it.

Outstanding pictures

from Flat Rock, AL

Comments about Kodak - EasyShare Z612 Digital Camera:

I have used my Kodak Z612 Easyshare for about 3 years. I have used it on vacation and in and around my home. The picture quality is very bright and colorful with outstanding results once printed. You can use the internal memory, which you only get about 27 photos with internal memory, or you can buy an inexpensive SD card or MMC card. It has the EVF (electronic view finder) & the LCD screen. It has a quick view or multiview of the photos you have taken. It has picture, video, you can tag favorites or tag the pictures you want to send in an email. You can arrange pictures in different albums, print from camera (must have a printing dock), and you can magnify a picture while viewing it. You can use optical zoom to get 12x closer to your subject or use the advanced digital zoom in Still mode to get up to an additional 4.2 magnification beyond your optical zoom. The combined zoom settings will range from 12x to 50x. It has telephoto and wide angel.It has many different picture taking modes: Auto, Sport, Program, scene, night protrait, Aperture Priority, Shutter Priority, Manual, video, & favorites...just to name a few. It has Auto Flash and Fill Flash, self timer, focus, histogram, PASM modes, Kodaks Perfect Touch Technology, and rechargable battery.