Other Digital Cameras:

Kodak - Easyshare CD82 Digital Camera

Pros

Cons

Kodak Easy Share is simple to use, & takes quality pictures

I recently purchased my first digital camera. A Kodak Easy Share CD82. It's compact design makes it easy to take anywhere. It takes sharp quality pictures on a 3" screen, thats makes veiwing your pictures much more clearly. The funtions are uncomplicated to use, perfect for a first time user and or owner of a digital camera. The blur reduction feature lets you take action shots and still get a great picture. The red eye reduction feature allows you to never get unatractive pictures due to people, and or animals having that ugly red glowing eye shot. It was quick and easy to download pictures to my laptop computer, that will allow me to share with my family and freinds. The Kodak Easy Share CD82 comes in bright atractive colors. It has a fantastic zoom lense to pull the subject in for a quality close-up picture. The optional accessory kit includes a nice carrying case, two rechargable batteries, and a battery charger. The 12 megapixals make it convienant to store many more pics without having to download them as often. This is a quality digital camera at a reasonable price, and a brand name that you can trust... Kodak Easy Share CD82.

Hampered by poor low-light focus ability

This camera is actually a pretty decent deal for 90 bucks @ Wal-Mart. It has 9 focus points for one thing, and is blessed with a huge, 3 inch LCD screen. Focus is quick and accurate in daylight and bright room light, but once the light drops below a certain level, the camera can't focus at all. It tries for maybe a split second, then gives up as quickly. It doesn't "hunt" for focus in a sense, but it doesn't lock focus either in low light ... so if your going to take some snapshots past 7 o'clock, you can forget it. And the zoom interferes with focus as well - the zoom is really coarse and one small press of the zoom lever causes the lens to lurch forward. Zooming out to the full extent of the lens really seems to hinder the camera's ability to focus even in good light, presumably due to the lens' small aperture - f5.9 at the telephoto end. The hit rate at the wide end is about 95% in good light, and drops to nearly 50% at the telephoto end.

Other than the focus issue, the camera is relatively good. Pictures are relatively sharp and vibrant. I especially love the "Kodak Perfect Picture Technology" that you can apply after taking a picture. It is also automatically applied in "Smart Capture" mode. It boosts the color and vividness and helps the picture look really bright and dynamic. As for manual controls, there barley are any, and they are buried in menus. But then, this camera wasn't intended for the control freak anyways - and I expected nothing more from this camera on a trip to Atlanta. It's small size easily allowed me to hide it in my pocket too.

When you need to take a great shot, pickup a Kodak!

Comments about Kodak - Easyshare CD82 Digital Camera:

I had my Kodak Easy Share CD82 Digital Camera for a while now. I first got mine on my birthday with a carrying case. I always heard that the Kodak was known to be a great product, had highest star rated reviews, and also was a product my mom used often. My mom has the entire setup, Kodak camera and printer for easy share cameras. From the first time I tried her camera out I was in love. I always admired her camera for the beautiful photos it would take with an easy shot, and how clear they came out. I enjoyed the option to choose between moving and indoor objects your trying to take pictures of. For me, I love taking video recordings and when I found out that I could take videos with this camera I was just super excited. I never found anything wrong with the Kodak Easy Share. However, this is the only camera I owned, so I really have no other to compare it too. I think the only thing I would add to this camera is to make it WiFi compatible, allowing it to share with Facebook, emails, or any social network. That way I don't have to take a usb cord or sd card and plug it in to share with everyone once I get on my computer. However, that's only a small issue and I still love the camera for what it can do. Finally, I would mention this one to all my friends and any beginner in need of a good camera.

my favorite digital camera

Comments about Kodak - Easyshare CD82 Digital Camera:

I got this camera on sale and have been very pleased with it the graphics and ease of use and to find the features was a easy task also. I love the small design which is easy to pack anywhere I go.. I would highly recommend this digital camera to anyone who wants a good quality digital camera that is easy to use and very good quality for a good price.

Image Quality
my pictures come out great and are easy to crop with the well lit options it is easy and quick to see and fix my photos to my liking.

This digital camera works great!! I would say it is one of my favorite. We love to take photos in my family and we have many cameras but this one just works so well and is so easy to operate it will always be one of my favorites.

So simple to use this camera. It came with everything I needed to do anything with it and was very simple to learn how to use and maneuver when I wanted to change some settings or crop my pictures also a very good camera to share your photos online.

the style of this camera is thick and durable it withstands a lot of my outdoor excursions and just keeps going!

Battery Life
I was amazed with how long the battery lasted it lasts longer for photos than videos though

Portability
simple and easy to take anywhere!

Amazing compact camera - Panasonic Lumix ZS20

from Moline, IL

Comments about Kodak - Easyshare CD82 Digital Camera:

Panasonic Lumix ZS20 14.1 MP High Sensitivity MOS Digital Camera with 20x Optical Zoom

The Panasonic Lumix ZS20 has the Leica lens with a 20x optical zoom, plus intelligent zoom which doubles the range to 40x. The digital zoom is extremely smooth to use, and gives a clear, stable shot. The ultra-wide angle lens equals 24-480mm equivalent in stills and 28-560 in video recording (which is full HD.) Camera starts up in just under a second, is compact (4.1 x 1.1 x 2.3 inches) and lightweight (just over 6 ounces.)

You get fantastic pictures using the iA (automatic) setting. There are many "fun" settings and scene modes, and it offers FULL manual controls for the pros. The touch screen focus is good and most convenient.

Battery Life
Battery life is typical for a digital camera. I take a lot of pictures while hiking, so always buy extra batteries... don't want to get caught miles from nowhere and not be able to take pictures!

It's a great camera

from Falmouth, KY

Comments about Kodak - Easyshare CD82 Digital Camera:

I bought this camera a couple of years ago when it was new on the market. It is light and easy to carry. It is a beautiful color of blue which makes it stand out if you have put it in your purse or tossed it in the back seat of your car. The camera is pretty simple to operate, just turn it on and take your pictures. There are other buttons and functions on the camera that, I have to admit, I never took the time to learn what they are. I believe that it takes short videos but I have never used that function. The quality of the pictures is clear and crisp. Even though the newer cameras have higher megapixels, I am not sure this much matters to someone who is just taking average size pictures and has no intention of enlarging them. The batteries on this camera run out quickly so make sure that you always carry an extra set with you. The camera price is very reasonable and I would purchase again if needed.

perfect for my needs

from Ogden, UT

Comments about Kodak - Easyshare CD82 Digital Camera:

I recieved this camera fro a Christmas gift. It was a lot smaller and more compact than my last. I was so excited to be able to carry it in my pocket. I love that it isn't as bulky as my last camera. It takes nice pictures. It is easy to use. I haven't played with all the features so I'm sure it is even cooler if you learn to work it well. I;m so happy with my gift. I'd recommend it.

• Portability:

easy to use and good for general photography

from Knoxville, TN

Comments about Kodak - Easyshare CD82 Digital Camera:

I've owned this camera for about two years, and overall I'm pleased with it. I've found it easy to use. The dial on the top can be adjusted for different settings, each indicated with a different picture. I often use this feature to get close-up shots that aren't blurry. The camera comes with a USB cord that makes uploading photos easy. Deleting a photo is pretty self-explanatory as there is a button with a trash can next to it on the back of the camera. I have a 4GB memory card in the camera which offers plenty of storage. Right now I have about 700 photos on it, and there's still space left.

What I like the least about this camera is the image quality of indoor photos, especially in lower light. Although I know that isn't the ideal light for a photo, my old camera performed better in that situation. When I've taken photos outside, I've been pleased with the image quality. Also, the camera does not have a viewfinder, just a screen that displays the image. While its not essential, a viewfinder would be nice, especially in bright light when the screen is difficult to see.

After using this camera for about two years, the cord (for your wrist) attached to the camera looks like it is about to break. The camera itself has held up well.

Best Camera For Novices!

Comments about Kodak - Easyshare CD82 Digital Camera:

I received this camera as a gift for Christmas and I am head over heels in love with it! This is the perfect camera for novices and people who are not experts and not familiar with photography. This point and shoot camera takes professional looking photos in seconds and the price is out of this world! I would not trade this camera for another at all. It is quite durable as well. I have accidentally dropped mine several times and to my happy, very happy surprise, the camera was still in one piece. I highly recommend this digital camera to buy for yourself or for someone special in your life. They will certainly be grateful to you for this purchase. Image quality is amazing. I was not expecting such amazing photos from this camera but this camera makes me feel like a professional photographer. Love this digital camera and you will too.

• Portability:

Ok camera for the casual photographer

from Verona, WI

Comments about Kodak - Easyshare CD82 Digital Camera:

I would recommend this camera for a casual photographer or first time photographer

Image Quality
The image quality is average.

Not a bad camera for casual use

I bought this to take photos of my paintings. The color comes out differently when transferring to a computer. The color is much darker when printed or transferred. This happens in auto or manual mode.

• Portability:

great camera and easy to use

Comments about Kodak - Easyshare CD82 Digital Camera:

i got this camera for my husband. he is definitely not tech savvy so i looked for something that i knew would be easy for him to use and upload to his facebook. everything is great with this camera. i can't think of a single thing that is difficult or negative. he's extremely happy with this product

Long-lasting and durable

Comments about Kodak - Easyshare CD82 Digital Camera:

I've had this camera longer than any other because of its durability. I take it everywhere with me and it takes great photos. It also has a very good battery life; I haven't charged it in months. The screen size is also perfect for viewing photos during and after you take them.