Other Digital Cameras:
Kodak
Kodak - EasyShare C875 Digital Camera

Kodak - EasyShare C875 Digital Camera

kodak c875 is an over the top camera & takes beautiful prints!

i love my kodak c875 8.0 mp camera!  it is my 2nd digital camera & by far the best camera i have owned ever!  i was afraid it wouldn't have as good quality as my canon 35mm.  but wow, was i wrong!  the quality of the pictures is absurdly wonderful!  i am an amatuer photog & i am somewhat picky about my pics & my cameras.  but this one definitely passes my inspection!   one of my photog habits is taking close-up pics of flowers.  now, mind you, this is not an slr camera, but...it is definitely the next step down from one!  as long as the lighting's right outside, i can get within 2-3 inches from the flower & be in complete focus.  it is truly amazing!  the details are unbelievably clear!  on the flip side, distant landscape pics turn out beautifully as well.  pics of people are very good as long as you are close indoors & no more than 20-30 ft away outdoors.  the only problem i have with it is that it does not take night pictures well at all.  but that is to be expected, as i said...it is not an slr camera.  the camera is also extremely durable.  since photography is one of my very most favorite hobbies, i don't ever want to miss a photo-op, so i carry my camera (in its case) in my purse everywhere i go.  since i got it in 2006, it has been from its home in ky to nyc to nashville & everywhere in between & it's still as good as the day i got it as a gift from my parents!  it is amazing & i would recommend it to anyone!  :)

Kodak Easy Share C875 Eats Batteries

I received this camera as a gift, and based on my experience with this camera the notion that I have about my preference for buying all electronics/technology myself has been confirmed. This is not a camera that I would have purchased on my own, nor did it exceed my expectations.

There are two major flaws with this camera:

(1) it does not have a built in rechargeable battery. The camera only takes two AA batteries. While you may opt to use your own rechargeable batteries so you can save some cash, the camera drains all of their power within 30 minutes. If you decide to invest in a better battery, with a longer life, like the Energizer lithium, you will only get an hour and fifteen minutes to two hours max use out of them. In short this camera drains battery energy fast, and is quite costly to own because of it.

(2) This camera is not compact. It is about 1.5" wide. If you like to carry around small purses you better leave your camera at home because it will not fit.

I gave this camera three stars despite it's size, and battery efficiency because of photo quality. I like that it has many settings, such as one for portraits, close up, moving objects, and etc. The photos are usually clear and the colors as crisp. I have ordered prints of photos that I have taken with this camera and have generally been pleased.

Nice feel when holding

from Sunnyvale, CA

Comments about Kodak - EasyShare C875 Digital Camera:

I got this camera several years back. The reason I got it was because the price was decent compare to its competitor. I was also looking for something with bump to make it feel good holding on my hand. It was infact as good as it's suppose to be except there were some unexpected drawback.

Cons:

It seems to suck battery faster than other camera, even using the rechargable Ni-mh batteries i can only barely take 50 pictures before I have to replace the batteries. Where as the sony camera were able to go up to 100 pictures.

The other issue I am experiencing is taking picture that were in motion, the picture seem blurry in those situation

PROs

Feel good holding it on my hand.

Take real good pictures of still images. I taken several pictures with very nice quality. The pictures are very clear.

It used SD card which is cheap.

There's no need for additional software, just take out the SD card and stick it into a computer that can read it.

This camera is worth it's money and I would consider buying a 2nd one if needed to.

Image Quality
hard to control this thing.

May be it's just old

point and click, with some other advance settings, but I don't think they help at all.

• Image Quality:
  • Battery Life:
  • Portability:

I love my new C875

from Staunton, VA

Comments about Kodak - EasyShare C875 Digital Camera:

I was concerned about getting a digital camera I could use without difficulty. This is the one. I bought my camera for a great price, came home and hooked it up to my computer and now have family photos whenever I want. I don't know why I waited so long. The Schneider-KREUZNACH lens on this camera is wonderful and the camera itself is so easy to use.

not impressed

from Schenectady, NY

Comments about Kodak - EasyShare C875 Digital Camera:

I purchased this camera exaxtly 1 year ago and have already had to replace it. It decided not to work at my brother's graduation. Considering the price of the camera, I got some use out of it. It was fairly inexpensive, but this year I opted to spend more money and buy a camera that I thought would last longer than a year.

Pictures turn out better than the real thing! Love it!

from Birmingham, AL

Comments about Kodak - EasyShare C875 Digital Camera:

This is my second Kodak Easyshare digital camera.  The first was a gift and we took many wonderful pics of our grandchildren (and a few other things) with it.  A chance to upgrade for a good price came along and I took advantage of it, a very good decision. This camera has several things on it that help you take better pictures.  I'm still learning to use them. It makes nice little video clips with audio as well.  Although I am not really fond of the software that comes with it, once you figure out how to use it, you can edit your pics to look even better, but the program is a little slow in processing.  I do like the fact that you can load your albums onto the Kodak Gallery website and share them with others.

Wonderful item very easy to use and great pictures.

from Woodlake, CA

Comments about Kodak - EasyShare C875 Digital Camera:

This camera can be used by anyone and get great results. Reasonably priced and great quality. The amateur photographer will be very pleased with the quality of product plus the quality of pictures produced. Used both inside and for nature prints getting very clear sharp images. The zoom factor also brings items up close and very clear and sharp. Took photo's of a small herd of deer and with the zoom they appeared to be right in front of us. Pictures of grandchildren came out looking very professional almost studio quality. We do seem to use a lot of batteries with this camera but for the quality of the prints it is worth the replacement cost. This camera would make a great gift for anyone or any age. I keep mine in my truck so it is always handy for use of any kind. The portrait feature is wonderful and have used the outdoor zoom to take pictures of climbers on Yosemite half dome which brought them up very close for the distance. Just very positive about this product can't say enough good about it.

I can recommend this one without any doubt.

from Plains, MT

Comments about Kodak - EasyShare C875 Digital Camera:

Very reliable no matter what digi-cam as long as it is kodak camera. I always use and loyal to kodak because I got a satisfying performance of their camera. Easy to use , very practical either for new beginner or an expert user. I couldn't  think anything else  everthing I needed for camera for everyday use is here .

Big bang for little bucks

from Florien, LA

Comments about Kodak - EasyShare C875 Digital Camera:

This camera is great for someone using a camera for a first time or someone that has been taking pics for a while.  MANY cool features on the camera and you can upload to kodak gallery to save, edit, and order prints.  They can be delivered to your door or to a business to be picked.  EASY AND CONVENIENT describe this camera!

This camera is very user friendly

from Spanaway, WA

Comments about Kodak - EasyShare C875 Digital Camera:

Overall, this is a very good camera.  I have had it for a year now and love it.  Everyone in the family loves using it.  Even my kids find it easy to use.  I have never had any problems or technical issues with it.  I do recharge my own batteries because I did find I was burning through regular ones way to quick.

Died to soon

from Waleska, GA

Comments about Kodak - EasyShare C875 Digital Camera:

The Kodak- EasyShare C875 was not what I thought it would be.  At first it was great.  Indoor photos were never of the best quality, but for the most part it took great outdoor photos, was easy to use, allowed you to edit photos right on your camera, and there were several other features I enjoyed about it.

Then, almost a year into owning it I started to notice the batteries not lasting as long as they use to.  The batteries were rechargeable, and I thought maybe these have just kicked the bucket and I need new ones.  I bought new rechargeable camera batteries and the problem persisted. It got to the point where the batteries life did not last longer than five minutes.

The other thing that I didn't like about it was how bulky it was. At first I did not think I would mind, but after carrying it around on trips it became somewhat annoying.  There are to many other cameras much smaller that offer the same features as this one out there.

A gift of a Kodak C875 is great for a new grandma!

from Bourbon, MO

Comments about Kodak - EasyShare C875 Digital Camera:

Since this is my first digital camera, it took me quite a while to learn how to use it. I still have trouble using the settings and the menu. I also have to get recharged batteries before each use since it is only used about once a month or less. Overall, I miss my old Kodak instamatic camera. I even liked my 35mm Canon better than this Kodak C875. The only advantage that I can see is that you can check how the picture looks while the subject is still in the room, and you can load the pictures onto the computer and share them with friends online. As far as taking great shots each and every time, not so much. The red eye feature doesn't seem to work, either. If the Kodal C875 had not been a gift, I would have returned it.