4.1

4.1

Pros

Cons

This Kodak EasyShare Digital Camera is Easy and Great Value

Kodak has always had a winner with its line of EasyShare digital cameras; the C713 is no exception. The camera has 7mp, which produces sufficiently large and good-quality images; it also features a 3x zoom, which allows you to get up-close and personal with your photo subjects without losing the quality of an image. I've used this camera to capture everything from flowers in a garden to baseball games, including video. While video tends to lose a bit of quality (becoming granulated) the more you zoom, picture quality tends to remain pretty solid. The camera also provides the option to photograph images in color, black and white, or sepia, allowing you to give your images an instant artistic touch of flair. Like all EasyShare cameras, the C713 comes packaged with Kodak's EasyShare computer software, which makes, cropping, recoloring, correcting, and editing your photos a breeze.

While I personally don't use the video function frequently, I've had great experience capturing short videos. The video feature works best in high light; low light videos tend to come out extremely dark, sometimes to the point of almost invisibility. The audio quality tends to be pretty good, as well, though there is no volume control so audio tends to be very loud.

Overall, the camera is a great value for the money you'll pay for it; it's affordable, user-friendly, and has a great lifetime so you won't have to replace it for several years if you so choose!

Ok camera not the best for distance.

This camera isn't what I thought it would be. You can get close up photos pretty plain but not that great on distance.

Image Quality
Close up photos are very...Read complete review

Image Quality
Close up photos are very good but when you want to take a distant photo in the screen it looks like you are getting a real good close up photo but when you print it, its far away and not as close as the screen showed that it would be. For sure do not use it for action shots. They turn out very blurry.

Performance is ok. It does take videos and you can send to FB and other media.

The instructions are not very clear on all that this camera's function are. It has tons of functions but I really can't figure them all out.

DON'T drop it because one small drop on the hardwood floor will knock something loose inside and you will have to replace it. My Grandson was taking a photo and dropped it and I had to buy a new one.

Battery Life
Battery Life is great. I had a Grands birthday party on Friday, my daughter's baby shower on Saturday and then my brother n laws birthday on Sunday and I only charged it once.

Portability
Very small and light to stick right in purse.

Love this camera...Easy to use!!

Comments about Kodak - EasyShare C713 Digital Camera:

I have had this camera for many years and absolutely love it. I am not a real technical person so i was looking for a good but simple camera for general picture taking. I found exactly what I needed with this camera. This camera has so many different options to get the picture you want. I don't even know all of these options. I love the fact that it has a good size screen on the back to review pictures. I have not had any problems or issues with this camera. It came with a really nice protective case as well. As I stated I have had this camera for many years at least 5 years. I really like the fact that the lens is also automatically covered when the camera is powered off for extra protection. I'd highly recommend this camera for anyone who likes to take pictures or just needs it to use every now and then like on vacations.

Extremely easy!!!

Battery Life
If using a higher brand of battery they last for a long time and only take 2 AA batteries. I take the batteries out when not using so they last even longer.

Aptly named EasyShare is Easy to Use

from New York, NY

Comments about Kodak - EasyShare C713 Digital Camera:

I purchased the Kodak EasyShare C713 Digital Camera for my son. This is the first digital camera he has owned and so I wanted to get a camera that would be easy for him to use. I made the right choice.

First and foremost, it is a Kodak. A well respected brand with a long standing history of making great cameras.

Secondly, the picture quality is fantastic. The colors are very rich and vivid.

Thirdly, uploading photos is a breeze.

The camera is aesthetically pleasing also. It is small and compact, which makes it the perfect size for my son. In short, the Kodak EasyShare C713 is a perfect entry level camera. It is very easy to use. It is great value for money and provides excellent quality photographs. On top of all that, it even takes great quality video! The one downside is that it tends to chew up batteries quickly.

Update: 10/7/2013: My son still uses this digital camera and is extremely happy with it. I am still impressed with the picture quality and it's ease of use. Despite the short battery life, when I am in the market for a new digital camera I would certainly consider (and most likely purchase) this camera.

• Portability:

Great Camera, good quality pictures and easy to use

Comments about Kodak - EasyShare C713 Digital Camera:

This was my first decent digital camera. I purchased it primarily for photos and wasn't expecting much in terms of the video camera aspect. I was surprised and pleased. The picture quality is great if you take it to the full capacity and I've taken it to concerts to record specific song performances and it does a great job of capturing the artist movement and sound. You have several options to choose from when taking a picture, organized by a turn knob on the top of the camera which include taking action photos, still life, low lighting and changing the brightness and contrast on the images. There are also a few filters for the artistically inclined.

Great, clear and sharp.

Good it's a little quirky if the battery is low.

Easy

Not a scratch on it despite it having been in my purse.

Battery Life
If you are using regular batteries, you'll have an hour or two of battery less if you try to use the video. I would recommend rechargeable batteries.

Small and compact.

• Portability:

Ok camera not the best for distance.

from Jonesboro, AR

Image Quality

Performance is ok. It does take videos and you can send to FB and other media.

Portability
Very small and light to stick right in purse.

• Portability:

A great camera for beginners!

from Bland, VA

Comments about Kodak - EasyShare C713 Digital Camera:

I've bought several Kodak EasyShare cameras as gifts over the years for people that were new to digital photography. I bought this particular model for my grandmother (that is a complete beginner with anything technology-related).

The thing I really like about EasyShare cameras is that they're very simple and for casual photos. You can place them on one setting and shoot away and after you feel comfortable with taking basic photos, they have other modes for action shots, etc (and it gives you an on-screen description of each mode).

Overall, these cameras make wonderful gives for "newbies" that really just want an easy way to take photos and get prints developed in a store.

Nice basic digital Camera

Comments about Kodak - EasyShare C713 Digital Camera:

I bought this camera last year and have taken thousands of photos with it. It is an easy, small, lightweight camera that does will fulfill the basic picture taking needs. I do however have two complaints about this camera. The first is that I have trouble from time to time getting it to focus, it will automatically go to the "macro" focus for some reason, unless I manually go to the drop down menu and select the "auto" setting. It only takes two seconds, so not a huge issue, but when I am trying to get a quick candid those two seconds do make a difference. The other problem that I have experienced is trying to get it to focus and take a nice picture when I'm in the dark, trying to take a picture of something that is lit up. ((I.E. my son and I went to a puppet show the other day and when I tried to take pictures of the lit up stage they came out fuzzy)). This may be due to my lack of camera skills, but I have never had this problem in the past. Other than that this product has been great. Also very durable, has been dropped here and there and has never had a problem. The zoom is great, and it offers a lot of different (basic) settings for taking pictures.

Image Quality
In general the pictures come out great, but I do have trouble focusing from time to time

Ok for a beginner!

from Orange, NJ

Comments about Kodak - EasyShare C713 Digital Camera:

I've had this camera for several years. Although I believe it is a great functioning camera, it does leave much to be desired. First, it is a bit bulky compared to newer models. It is heavier than others which is a drawback. Also the image quality is not as great as some other camera's that I have used with the same megapixels. It is easy to use especially if you are a beginner but I would probably invest in a better quality camera if you are an advanced user.

Kodak EasyShare Camera

from Hutchinson, KS

Comments about Kodak - EasyShare C713 Digital Camera:

I have been looking for a digital camera for a while. I have a smartphone that has a camera, but the picture quality is not great so I wanted something with more megapixels and a higher resolution. I chose this camera because it is made by Kodak and has good reviews.
I am not very tech-savy when it comes to cameras so I need something that is easy to use.
This camera is easy to use and takes great pictures. I am glad that I finally broke down and got a "real" camera.
Overall I feel this is a good camera for a teenager or someone like mean that is wanting a camera at a good price that takes quality pictures.
Good camera, great price, easy to use.

Kodak Easy Share C713 Digital Camera

from Auburn, ME

Comments about Kodak - EasyShare C713 Digital Camera:

I initially got this camera to give as a gift... When I saw all that it did for the price and how easy it was to use, I went out and got one for myself. I've never regretted it. It's hard to take a bad picture with this camera. I can even shoot short videos! Awesome!

Image Quality
I think this camera is just fine but if you want higher quality, I'd suggest getting a higher pixel in the Easy Share Family.

Uses up my batteries quickly so just keep some extra batteries on hand. Just in case...

Super simple to use - Excellent first camera!! Or just great for someone who doesn't need unnecessary complications.

I keep it in a case so it's not like I'm rough with it... but so far so good! :D

Battery Life
Sometimes the battery is low or dead when I haven't used it. Frustrating at first but now I just keep extra batteries on hand just in case.

Portability
Perfect size. Get a hard case and you can just throw it in your bag and go!

• Portability:

the kodak easy share is not that easy

from Springfield, MA

Comments about Kodak - EasyShare C713 Digital Camera:

I constantly had to buy batteries. I bought the most expensive to least. It always seemed be need new batteries. I had to replce it twice. I would never recoomend this camera.

Image Quality
I did not think the pictures were of high standards.

I thought of all brands that I could not go wrong with a kodak camera. I was wrong.

It was a hassle to use.

Battery Life
If you want to spend a lot of money on batteries this is the camera for you. I had to buy new batteries constantly and it did not how expensive they were this was always needing new batteries.

easy enough to carry