Other Digital Cameras:

Kodak - EasyShare C653 Digital Camera

Pros

Cons

• Portability:

The Single Best Purchase of My Life!!!

Before I was even pregnant I was what they call a camera whore...I take pictures in variables of 3, I'm talking every picture there were 2 just slightly different.  The Kodak is amazing at capturing pics the way you want them when you want them.  The delay is so small from the press of the button to the acctual picture that its almost impossible to miss the shot you were looking at.  The settings are unbelievably easy to use, change and understand.  And they are right on target all the time. The pictures are in stunning color, and clear as crystal.  The Kodak Gallery is a great way to crop and store your photos.  They have an amazingly easy way for even the "missing my typewriter grandma's" can use to make your pictures the perfect pictures.

Just a little too big!

I really like taking pictures so I was given this camera for christmas. I have taken many pictures with this camera and have been overall satisfied with the cameras performance.

The...Read complete review

The pictures have come out great when I review them and what not but the negatives I have to share are about the camera's functions and the size. I do not like the size because it does not easily fit into my pockets without making a large bulge.

The functions are also very difficult to decipher on how to have the camera in a certain mode. I liked my previous camera that was just able to slide a small wheel on the camera to the certain mode I wanted the camera to be in but the way to do it on this camera is just not as easy.

Like I said earlier overall the camera is a good camera. The pictures come out great and the power of the camera is almost more than I expected. The only thing I would want changed about the camera is just the way to change modes.

Great For Snapping A Few Shots

Comments about Kodak - EasyShare C653 Digital Camera:

The Kodak Easy Share C653 was my first ever digital camera. This camera was really easy to learn to use. I was satisfied with the quality of the pictures and video that the camera took. I really liked that the camera was small and easy to transport and store. The only complaints that I have about the camera was the speed and the battery life. It seems to take forever after you take a picture before it is ready to snap another one. The camera also seems to go through batteries really fast. I tried using all kinds of batteries from cheap to the most expensive. It didn't matter. I would use the camera for fifteen to twenty minutes and would have to replace the batteries. If you don't really use a digital camera too much, then this would be perfect but I would not recommend to anyone who likes to take lots of pictures. I have probably spent more on batteries than what I paid for the camera itself.

a great camera

from New Jersey

Comments about Kodak - EasyShare C653 Digital Camera:

What a great camera! This is perfect for those of you like me who want to take such quality pictures but at the same time don't want to spend so much time understanding how to work the camera. this is so simple even my daughter who is young can aim and snap! How much easier can it get. Kodak is a very reliable brand company as they have been around for such a long time so it's definitely a brand you can trust. Keep those memories alive by purchasing this camera and you won't regret it. Kodak makes great products and will probably continue for a long time so you need not worry that they will stop making products.

excellent!

A great camera!

very simple

a name brand you can trust

battery lasts

great

This camera reminds me of the Battery Bunny

from Sedalia, MO

Comments about Kodak - EasyShare C653 Digital Camera:

I bought this camera for a young person in my family and they have used it alot. It has been used in various places, outdoors, indoors, traveling, etc. This camera has withstood alot of use. I am surprised it is still being used to take pictures, but it is. It is overall very good camera for the price. It is very sturdy and durable and would work well for taking pictures for pleasure or for posting online. I would consider purchasing this camera again.

Love it

from Whitsett, NC

Comments about Kodak - EasyShare C653 Digital Camera:

So far, this has been a wonderful camera. Easy to use and easy to download the pictures. The only thing is that it takes time to reset between pictures so you cannot snap a lot at one time. It particularly slows down when the batteries start to run down...I recommend rechargeable batteries as it will eat up batteries.

The look fantastic!

Again, good, especially for the price of the camera.

So simple!

It's already taken a beating and still works wonderfully (especially with the kids).

Battery Life
I'm assuming it is equivalent to other cameras.

Light and small.

OK Camera for the Beginner

Comments about Kodak - EasyShare C653 Digital Camera:

I found the Kodak EasyShare to be an easy to use, simple camera for the beginner, but not something I would recommend for someone looking for moving shots or the more experienced photographer. The zoom wasn't great and the picture quality was not what I was hoping for. You get what you pay for.

point and shoot

from Baltimore Md.

Comments about Kodak - EasyShare C653 Digital Camera:

It has a nice size screen lots of options and a quality pic

Image Quality
pictures are clear and sharp and the opeions make them even better

I have had the camera for some time and it has never let me down

the on off / option knob can be a little difficult to turn

it has lasted me through a lot of travels and held up great

Battery Life
I think they could work on that

Portability
since I have gotten this camera they are making them a lot smaller but I still love this one

• Portability:

This was the perfect camera.

Comments about Kodak - EasyShare C653 Digital Camera:

This camera did everything I ever needed it to. The only downfall was that it didn't have it's own battery pack and eventually only worked with Duracell batteries, which are effing expensive!

Image Quality
Best I've seen, wish it still worked. Can't find anything like it!

It was perfect!

Took crisp awesome photos with just one click!

I guess it got dropped to many times and only worked with Duracell batteries.

Battery Life
You had to use your own batteries, and after a few years, Duracell was the only battery that worked in it.

Portability
A little bigger than some cameras but it fit in most of my purses

• Portability:

Easy to use and it's a very reliable

from Stone Mountain, GA

Comments about Kodak - EasyShare C653 Digital Camera:

I absolutely love this product and it's the only brand that I purchase. I always replace it with a newer or updated camera.

Image Quality
The image quality is very good and it's easy to make adjustments to the light inside and outside before snapping the picture.

The performance is very good and it's quick but it's also easy for anyone to learn how to use.

This product is easy for anyone to use, I just purchased my 78 year old mother in-law one and she is having the time of her life learning to use it.

I still have the two Kodak Easy Share cameras that I purchased in 2002 and 2006 and I use them in the classrooms with my students. They have painted on used by my students and dropped and they still work!

Battery Life
I use Kodak batteries with the battery charger that was placed inside the box and I have been using the same two batteries with the charger for six years.

Portability
In the classroom, I carry it on my wrist and during my leisure time I carry it in my camera case; which is easily placed inside my purse.

• Portability:

Kodak EasyShare is Easy to use but not the best pics to Share!

from West Liberty, KY

Comments about Kodak - EasyShare C653 Digital Camera:

**I got this camera several years ago because I had an earlier version of it that I was used to and was ok with. It has 6.1 megapixels and 3x optical zoom. As far as how it operates, it is farely easy to use. If you've never used a digital camera before, it's a great starter camera because you can navigate through it pretty easily. It also has a nice function of reviewing pictures where you can zoom in on them as you review them, which some of the newer models do not give you that luxury when looking at other brands. The picture quality leaves a little to be desired according to my taste. They weren't bad in the beginning, but then they started to be a little dark. I found they looked fine on the camera, but the prints were all dark. Just keep that in mind if you buy one.**

What a camera!

from Waterford, MI

Comments about Kodak - EasyShare C653 Digital Camera:

My boyfreind bought me this camera for mothers day.  I love this camera.  It takes videos and even has sound on the videos.  I love how easy the camera is to use.  It has tons of options, including panaramic picture right to left and left to right.  I also love the big screen on it.