Other Digital Cameras:

Kodak - Easy Share Z1285 Digital Camera

Kodak Easyshare is Difficult to use

from Skowhegan, ME

Comments about Kodak - Easy Share Z1285 Digital Camera:

***I expected this camera to be easy to use and I was wrong. The good thing about this camera is that it can take really nice pictures and zooms far but thats if you can get the picture settings perfect. I personally want to point and shoot, as I am normally taking pictures of things that are going on not still life photos.I don't have time when taking a picture to mess with all of the hundreds of settings to get it right. To make matters worse after I had 250 pictures on my memory card for no reason at all I went to use my camera and it had deleted all of my photos, 1 1/2 years of family photos gone! I should have downloaded them to my computer but in my defense after paying as much as I did for the camera that should never have happened, it was the worst possible thing that can ever happen with a camera! IBecause of this I would never recommend the Kodak easyshare camera, there is nothing easy about it!***

I will never buy a Kodak again!

from Karlstad, MN

Comments about Kodak - Easy Share Z1285 Digital Camera:

My husband and I specifically bought this camera right before taking a trip to Italy. We wanted to replace our old digital camera with something smaller/easier to carry around and something that would take better quality pictures. At first our camera worked great--we were very pleased with the quality and how easy it was to use. But not long into our trip we began to experience many problems with the camera. The batteries would seem to die after only using the camera a few times. If we took the batteries out and put them back in, it would sometimes work a few more times. The camera would also seem to "freeze up" on us. The picture would take, but then nothing would show up on the screen. Also the lens would pop in and out. It finally popped out and wouldn't go back in. We tried charging the batteries, replacing the batteries, etc, and we still had this problem. We had to travel back to the US by wrapping up our camera carefully as the lens would NOT go back into the camera. As soon as we got home we contacted Kodak wanting our camera to either be fixed or to be replaced since it was brand new. We ended up in a 3 month battle with Kodak customer support. They would insist the problem was the company that worked for them to help repair cameras, that company would insist it was Kodak's problem. We had our camera returned to us 'fixed' only to have it have the same problems again a few days later. We sent it back twice dealing with the same issues and Kodak refused to give us a refund or even to replace the camera with the same model that worked. In the end, they thought giving us a free memory card would solve all the problems...um...NO! WE WANTED A WORKING CAMERA! I've still had the camera now for a year and WHEN it works, it takes nice pictures, but it continually has problems. Because of having to deal with the worst customer service EVER, we will NEVER buy from Kodak again.