View more inkjet printers

Other Inkjet Printers:
Kodak
Kodak ESP 5 InkJet Photo Printer

Kodak ESP 5 InkJet Photo Printer

Prints wonderfully and the ink is inexpensive

I needed to replace my older Epson printer because it wasn't performing very well. I had been using generic ink because the Epson brand was just too expensive and as a result my color images were duller than normal. I researched the Kodak ESP5 printer and decided to buy it based on price, features and most of all the cost of ink. I am thrilled at its performance and ease of use. The scanner and copier functions are great features for the price of this printer. Ocassionally the paper feed messed up by pulling two sheets of paper up at once resulting in half an image on one sheet and the other half on another sheet. I had the paper pushed a little too far up in the feeder to begin with so that problem was resolved quickly.

The Kodak ESP 5 InkJet is not what it is advertised to be.

Recently purchased the Kodak All-in-one printer....the one that advertised everywhere that will save you money on ink and give you store-quality prints.  Not true.  The printer constantly jams, makes lots of noises, uses A LOT of ink in a very SHORT TIME and has a low print quality.  My Lexmark prints much, much better.  Was only able to print 15-20 pix before ink ran out; my Lexmark prints 30-35 before the ink runs out.

Contacted Kodak on-line customer service...what a joke.  They want to send me a replacement part, for a new piece of equipment.  Don't understand that....isn't a new product supposed to work?

Would not suggest this printer to anyone.  Pic quality is poor, color is poor.  Onyl gave product one star because I have to rate 1-5 to submit review.  Actually, it deserves zero stars.

Disappointing, no real savings in ink.

from Apple Valley, CA

Comments about Kodak ESP 5 InkJet Photo Printer:

I was not happy with this printer, it makes a considerable amount of noise when running.

Performance is satisfactory.

Copy Quality
Copy quality is very good. Sharp and clear images.

Ink/Paper Use
The cost of ink may be less; but it runs out of ink quickly. There is really no savings in ink. I purchased it specifically for the cost of its ink. I gave the printer away and went back to my HP.

It is easy to use.

It is all plastic like most everything on the market today, do not drop it. it will break.

• Copy Quality:
  • Ink/Paper Use:

I can see clearly now

from Tuolumne, CA

Comments about Kodak ESP 5 InkJet Photo Printer:

In my review of the Kodak esp printer 5, I have nothing but good to say about this printer.  The ease of printing photos, cards and invitations is simplistic from the first time you use the printer.  Changing the paper size from poster, to 9x11, to photo's is made with the switch of a tray size.

I also enjoyed the ease of changing the cartridges and the ability to buy the colors either separate or as a package deal.  The best is when you get top quality ink with photo paper for the same price that you would ordinarily get just the ink for.  Variations in color, size and quality or all one in the same when it comes to the ability of printing out a fast project that needs to be done within a quick deadline.

Your Kodak printer is easy to fit in either a home or an office setting and easy to move with you and your computer if necessary to set up in another location.  I have used my printer for Christmas photos with Santa Claus for our small community Christmas gathering.  It was a hit for the children and their parents to take away a Kodak Memory.

Good for coupon, and simple stuff

from Hyattsville, MD

Comments about Kodak ESP 5 InkJet Photo Printer:

When we bought the printer; the ink carriage was defective from the manufacturer. Had to

call tech support to get a free replacement under the warranty. The printer works fine

but eats up alot of yellow during printing of most stuff. Great for couponing and non-

important documents.

Good printer

from Saint George, UT

Comments about Kodak ESP 5 InkJet Photo Printer:

We bought this printer for my personal and family use, it has worked great. At first I had problems with the network working properly but I just hadn't set that up correctly. I had never had a wireless printer before and I have to say I love it since I use a laptop anywhere in the house. I don't have to go plug it into the printer anymore, it's very convenient. The print quality is very good, I've only printed a few pictures but the quality is turned out ok. I've also copied a few pages in color and they look really good.

The ink has lasted a long time, I'm still not sure though how long it lasts since I haven't had to replace the cartridges yet. On my computer when I go into printer preferences it shows that the ink levels are very low, but on the printer they show almost full, so I'm not sure how long they last. I did go buy extra ink just in case, very inexpensive compared to other national brands.

I like that it has everything in one device.

Don't buy

from Old Forge, PA

Comments about Kodak ESP 5 InkJet Photo Printer:

I saw this product advertised on the apprentice last year. Said that it is the only printer that the ink is cheap. Well, that is true, but that is the only good thing about it. After 3 months I had nothing but trouble with it. The paper jams frequently. Also, the printer is very slow. The ink is cheap, but what they didn't tell you was it runs out twice as quickly as other printers, so in the end costs just as much. Hate this printer. Don't purchase. It's the 5300 model number.

Kodak all-in one printer works geate for printing out photos

from Vandergrift, PA

Comments about Kodak ESP 5 InkJet Photo Printer:

***I just love the "Kodak ESP 5 All-in-One printer,,.It is fun to use when i go to print out photo. The photos look so grate.Every one thinks i got them dune at a photo store.It is  grate for sending out gifts like making photo cards or post cards and more.And i don't have to pay an arm and aleg for INK and or for Developing pitchers at the store.And i love the cost of the printer. Very low price for the quality of the printer and the quality of the photos that come out of this grate printer. I just Love  the Kodak ESP 5 All-in-One Printer and i'm so glade that i bought one.***

i like my kodak printer!

from Groton, CT

Comments about Kodak ESP 5 InkJet Photo Printer:

was in a need for a good printer and this seemed like the best and so far it is the best printer i have owned..does good with printing pictures or important papers for me! easy to use and prints fast .. the ink isnt very expensive either which i like  and it seems to last longer too! i now have own it for a year and i love it ..

The Kodak ESP 5 InkJet is not what it is advertised to be.

from Pearl, MS

I love the Kodak ESP 5 Ink Jet Photo Printer

from Augusta, GA

Comments about Kodak ESP 5 InkJet Photo Printer:

I love getting on the computer I use it to do my emails, and connect with my family as we are in many different states.   We can send pictures, which is a big plus for me.  Love th e fact that I can print the photos, and they are very good quality Kodak ESP 5 Ink Jet Photo Printer is awesome.......

Thie Kodak ESP5 prints colorful suitable for framing photos.

from Rosenberg, TX

Comments about Kodak ESP 5 InkJet Photo Printer:

My last PC caught a virus...was fixable, but was time for a new system so hubby brought one home for a surprise. He had been researching different printers and every site pointed to Kodak for quality. The salesman was even jealous. So far, so good. I love taking , printing and framing photos for gifts. The color accuracy is spot on!