View more all in one printers

Other All-In-One Printers:
Kodak
Kodak EASYSHARE 5500 All-In-One Printer

Kodak EASYSHARE 5500 All-In-One Printer

Ink cheaper but go through 2ce as much

from Winnebago, IL

Comments about Kodak EASYSHARE 5500 All-In-One Printer:

I bought this printer just over a year ago from an informercial. Supposed to use less ink & be cheaper. Yes the cartriges are cheaper but I go through 2ce as much. You can only get the cartriges from Kodak so stock up when you order. I don't think the colors are as bright as Hp ink. Seems to print photos well though. Paper seems to get jammed often & doesn't always want to feed in. I have had to call customer service to get new printhead every 6 months. However they were very nice & sent them out free right away. I think I'll go back to an HP when this one dies. I do like the scanner and softwear.

Not quite what I'd hoped for.

from Eufaula, OK

Comments about Kodak EASYSHARE 5500 All-In-One Printer:

EASYSHARE 5500 All-in-One Printer-print, copy, scan, and fax. Two-sided printing with optional duplexer. I love the two sided printing.  It saves a lot of paper. Automatic document feeder that makes copying, scanning, and faxing easy to use.  I've faxed a couple times now and haven't had any problems.  I do a LOT of scanning and it works great.

I just had to have this printer after seeing it on "Celebrity Apprentice".  It was supposed to save ink and I guess it does, altho' it seems like I'm buying more ink, I'm also doing more printing and it costs less to buy.

BLUETOOTH® Wireless Technology enabled.  I have never been able to get this feature to work.  I got the advice of the store "geeks" where I bought this, and they didn't really know anything about it either.  Sooo, I bought the bluetooth extra, for nothing.  I like the printer, but I also had some problems starting it up.  The online support wasn't all that great and most times, I had to pretty much figure it out on my own.

The Kodak 5500 is okay until the printhead goes!

from Saylorsburg, PA

Comments about Kodak EASYSHARE 5500 All-In-One Printer:

We have owned the Kodak 5500 printer for 6 months.  I have replaced the ink maybe 3 times for black and 2 times for the color.  The price of the ink is really reasonable.  We replaced the black and color this past weekend, it printed for a day and now nothing. My husband figured it to be the printhead. I was unable to locate a printhead to purchase at any of the big office supply stores. So I went to the Kodak site. They told me I had to contact tech support to get a printhead.

I then did some research, many people have complained about the quality of the printhead and how many times they have had to replace it in a short period of time.  I can only hope I can get this problem solved before my son's English project is due!

Kodak Aio 5500 - nightmare!

from Vancouver, WA

Comments about Kodak EASYSHARE 5500 All-In-One Printer:

I bought the Kodak Aio 5500 when it first came out. I loved it. Everything was going great the first few months. It was easy to use and seemed to do everything. After about 3 or 4 months, the machine kept jamming up with the paper tray. Then after that issue was solved, it would say that it was empty on the ink. Even though I had just put new cartridges in. Kodak was very helpfull in trying to help me solve the issue. They finally just sent me a brand new machine to replace the problomatic one. (I thought that this was great.) Fast forward 6 more months. Paper constantly jamming, would read that the paper tray was empty, it wasn't- low on ink, kept shutting itself of in the middle of tasks.. I bet that less than 500 pages were even printed with this stupid machine. Call Kodak... they say theat they don't have any record of my purchase, even though i sent in the paperwork, and that unless i could produce the reciept (it was now time faded) then i am out of luck. I will never buy a Kodak problem again.

easy, but also frustrating at times

from Vancouver, WA

Comments about Kodak EASYSHARE 5500 All-In-One Printer:

I got the Kodak 5500 last year during tax season and was prepared to be amazed. I was mearly dissapointed. I have already had to send my printer back to the company and was without it for over a month.

I have had several issues with it. First of all, kodak states that you will be using less ink and I find that hard to believe. I rarely use the thing and have not even printed 20 pictures and it was out of ink. The picture quality is fantastic, but I was out of ink before my project was finished.

Sometimes it will say that it is out of ink and then I go and buy the stuff, only to see my husband using it when I get home and then he shows me the screen that says 75% remaing ink?!?!

That is the other issue. Sometimes it will give you faulty iformation of the status of the machine.

Kodak HAS however, been very helpful and cooperative  when there is an issue. Everytime that I have called them they have taken the time to walk me through problem solving and most issues have been resolved. They did end up just giving me a brand new printer after the first one that I had was somehow faulty.

Good choice for first all in one printer. But could be better

from Suffern, NY

Comments about Kodak EASYSHARE 5500 All-In-One Printer:

I had been looking for a new printer and wanted to upgrade to a three in one. (printer faxer copier)  I ordered the Kodak 5500 from the infomercial one late evening :)  What had really sold me was the fixed pricing on the ink.  9.99 for black refills and 14.99 for the color refill.  Comparing that to the costs of ink I was spending on the HP I had, it seemed like a dream come true.

This printer/scanner/fax can be very good at times, however it does jam more often then my other printer ever did.  In addition, after the jam is removed (thoroughly removed) the sensor still indicates that the jam is their and I have spent too much time (in my opinion) trying to convince the sensor their isn't anymore paper there by rolling the roller and blowing on the area.

I like that their is a front spot for the SD drive and also two USB ports on the exterior front of the machine.  It also has a spot for 4x6 photo paper which makes printing basic pictures very easy.

I have used the fax feature on this model a handful of times and haven't had any problems with that.

The Kodak Easy Share 5500 AiO Printer user friendly, economical

from Cape Girardeau, MO

Comments about Kodak EASYSHARE 5500 All-In-One Printer:

The Kodak Easy Share Printer is the best printer I have used thus far. I use my printer nearly everyday mostly printing documents and I tell you, the documents look clean and professional, no streaking or fading of colors and the cost of the ink is inexpensive, the price is the same as it is to  refill your old cartridges. It is easy to set up. It is an all in one scanner, printer, copier and fax, this fax is a true fax where you are able to send and receive faxes. It has the capability of printing on bothe sides of the paper. It has digital photo card slots so you can load your photos directly onto to the printer and print them directly from the printer, no need to be connected to a computer. The Photo quality is great, no fading of colors and the ink last longer than other printer ink. The only down side that I have seen with this printer thus far is that you must use quality printer paper or you will have problems with the print head and will have to replace it, but on the upside, kodak will replace the first one for free if you have problems.

The Kodak 5500 AIO has known issues.

from Hialeah, FL

Comments about Kodak EASYSHARE 5500 All-In-One Printer:

The  Kodak Easy Share 5500 AiO Printer looks better than it performs. The prinhead is a known problem and must be replaced about every 6-7 months like clockwork.  I have not been able to receive incoming faxes, depsite numerous calls to "India" (customer support).  The ink cartrdges appear reasonable in cost, but that is because they are smaller than the average cartirdge and are used up very quickly. I do not recommend this printer.

This is worth the money

from Shelby, NC

Comments about Kodak EASYSHARE 5500 All-In-One Printer:

I have had this printer for about 4 years and have had to replace the print head once. The people at Kodak were great at helping me to solve the problem. I used it a lot while going to school but not so much anymore. I have found that as I don't print much for weeks at a time, that I need to do a copy of something at least once a week to keep it printing when I need it. It seems that if you don't use it a lot that it kind of dries or something. Pictures are sharp and the quality is really good.

For the savings on ink I can print a paper once a week.