View more all in one printers

3.6
Other All-In-One Printers:
Kodak
Kodak EASYSHARE 5300 All-In-One Printer

Kodak EASYSHARE 5300 All-In-One Printer

3.6

Finally a printer with reasonable ink costs.

I switched from canon to kodak after the canon ceased to print just after the warrenty expired. Ink costs were the driving factor. I've had many different photo-quality printers, the worst of which was a lexmark. (put back in the box it came in after a month, no one even wants it for free.)

For a inkjet, this kodak is so fast for draft copy, it'll startle you! Cost per page about1/2 to 1/3 of any other brand I've used. I print photo-art on all kinds of materials, canvas, cardstock, textured papers, magnet sheets and all brands, kinds and finishes of photo paper.  The blacks are deeper than most printers on all the medias.

To give you an idea how much use it gets, the first month I used 7 color, and 5 black cartridges preparing for a gallery show.

Also archived thousands of color/black&white photos from my mothers collection after she passed away, put them on disk to share with all the family. Everyone commented on the quality of the images that were scanned.

If I had a complaint, it would be that even though it's used every day, it "clean-cycles" too often, sometimes even after its in use, this does waste ink, and may create a problem of the waste-tank over filling.

Great prints when it is working- Printhead problems are common.

I was so excited when Kodak started coming out with printers that I rushed right out to buy one.  After buying a 5100, I also purchased a 5300.  These printers print beautiful printers when they are working.  There is a known problems with the printheads though.  I have replaced my printheads several times and even had Kodak send out several different replacement printers and have still had problems.  Customer service has been really painful to deal with as it is not handled in the US, and I was never able to get them to let me speak to a supervisor or transfer to the US.  In doing more research after having so many problems I have found that Kodak has actually withdrawn from the Better Business Bureau which to me says alot about what kind of problems they are having.  On a positive note I recently found the email for the executive director online and sent him an email describing what I have been going through.  They are now working with me on a higher level and have done a total review of my case and are using it to correct Customer service problems and are replacing my printers with two of the newest ones they have on the market along with a package of products to make up for my trouble.  I am pleased with how things are being handled right now, but don't think that it should have had to go this far...

the srevice makes it better than average

from Polson, MT

Comments about Kodak EASYSHARE 5300 All-In-One Printer:

When I purchased the Kodak Easy-Share 5300 printer I was very excited about the economical replacement ink cartridges. Because I home school 6 children I thought the printer/scanner combination was perfect for me. I was using it on a daily basis and found that I was having to replace them quite frequently. And I was not even using it for photographs.It made me a bit upset because although the cartridges are less expensive, it seemed as though I was replacing them ALOT. Also, if the black ran out, I HAD to replace it. Otherwise it would not make any copies even in color. However, when I started to have trouble with the quality of the printing Kodak was extremely helpful with the online service. It was amazingly easy to chat with their tech people. Once they figured out was wrong, a new part was sent immediately at no cost as it was under warranty still. So for the money, I think it is a good product because the service is great.  As far as the ink goes, I have just started printing more on "draft" which conserves the ink and goes a longer time.

Read both bad and good reviews on something before buying

from Holiday, FL

Comments about Kodak EASYSHARE 5300 All-In-One Printer:

I was very happy with the deal I got when I purchased this printer until the second ink changing. The printer heads in this series are deafaulty. I had to spend two hours on the phone with customer service for them to send me a new print head. The printer was printing ink at all. Finally I recieved the new one and installed it. My printer worked until the 3rd ink changing and now it's not printing at all and my ink is brand new. Its so fustrating and upsetting. When it does work its amazing on using little ink and the pictures are beautiful.

LOVE IT!!

from Saint Stephen, SC

Comments about Kodak EASYSHARE 5300 All-In-One Printer:

I love my camera. I believe I have an older model, the CW330, so I would love to get a newer model with higher pixels, but I have had my camera for years and it is still working wonderfully and takes excellent shots! The zoom is wonderful and the quality is good. Of course with time, everything gets upgraded and made better so it isn't top of the line, but for me, it works! When I go to upgrade to a newer camera, I'll go with another Kodak EasyShare. The ease of the camera and the ability to be able to share the photos right from the camera is wonderful!!

As far as the printer, I have has some issues with the paper getting stuck, but nothing I haven't been able to work with. It is a little costly, but it's so convient when you want the picture right then and there! So I only use it for when I need a picture right then and there.

I probably would not go back with a printer deck. But the camera is awesome!

Not happy with this

from Boise, ID

Comments about Kodak EASYSHARE 5300 All-In-One Printer:

I have to say I am glad that we didn't pay a lot of money for this printer because it was horrible. So I saw this epidsode on the apprentice about the Koday Easyshare 5300 all-in-one inkjet printer and thought that it looked so fantastic. So we bought one and started using it. At first I thought it was really great and then the more I used it the more I did not like it. It went through ink so fast. I hardly ever even used it and I would print a couple pages and it was out of ink again. When it actually had ink in it the print quality was bad too. It would only print every other line. I called the company and they told me in was the printhead. Well 4 printheads later and having to buy ink all the time I had it. I have since bought another brand and it is so much better and I am so happy with it. I would not recommend this printer to anyone because it is just horrible. The company wasn't any help either and I just wasn't happy.

Not all it's cracked up to be!

from Oklahoma City, OK

Comments about Kodak EASYSHARE 5300 All-In-One Printer:

I saw a lot of ads about how this printer was going to save me money.  It touts that it is going to save me a fortune in ink.  I thought, "Great, this is the printer for me!"  I purchased it at an excellent price and was proud to think of how inexpensive this would be to operate.

At first, I used my printer primarily for black and white copies.  I liked that I could use the setting for black and white copies.   What made it even better was that i could set the quality of the print.  For those items that did not require a high quality print, I could simply print it on the "draft" setting.  I did this faithfully for quite a few copies only using the "black & white" setting for the entirety of my copy jobs.  I was diappointed to find out that both the color and the black ink were being drained at the same time.  I had to replace both cartridges for the printer to operate again even though I only wanted the black ink.  I was disappointed.  The ink is far less expensive than the other brand's; however, if the printer is using both at the same time, in essence, I am spending far more on ink than I should be.

I have had great difficulty installing the printer onto my computer, since the incorrect installation CD was given to me.  I am still fighting the printer to do it's job.

Affordable printer that performs well.

from Gonzales, TX

Comments about Kodak EASYSHARE 5300 All-In-One Printer:

I've had my Kodak printer for about 2 years and overall it's been a very good printer.

Let me start with the positives.  There are two cartridges; black and color.  There is a large paper tray for regular printing and a smaller tray made just for 4x6 photo paper.  If this tray is engaged you can only print photos.  The printer is pretty fast and prints pretty well.  It also has a scanner that works pretty fast, too.  I like the color display and we were able to set the printer up so that we can print from our laptop.

What I don't about the printer is a biggie.  In the time I've had it, Kodak has replaced the print head three times.  When it goes out there is no warning, just bad prints.  It looks like the ink is running out when this happens.  Unfortunately, if I need nice prints I'm out of luck until the print head is replaced.  The other really biggie for me is that even though the inks are cheap, they run out fast so I feel like I am constantly buying them.  And I use the color far faster than the black so I always need more of them.

Overall I don't think you'd be disappointed with this printer.  It's easy to use and does put out good prints.

love the pictures that are printed they are great

from Granville, WV

Comments about Kodak EASYSHARE 5300 All-In-One Printer:

i have purchased three printer fromkodak5300-kodakeso7- kodak500 --i love the pinter that does 4x6 prints and i can put it in bleech or water and the coating protects the print forever

the kodak 5300 and kodak eso7 love them -only wish i could get the protected coating on the prints like the kodak500

i talk my freind into buying the 5300 and they love it to

the prints are the best part because you can choose the size and when printed i is great also getting more prints for the money and the price of the ink seems to be more reasonable so that i can do more pictures.

i love doing get togethers of family and friend and it makes great pictures for card all year long.

i love prining cards and prints for family and friends

thank

carol

Kodak All in one Printer - Great Item, Fabulous Service

from Pickerington, OH

Comments about Kodak EASYSHARE 5300 All-In-One Printer:

I got this printer for Christmas 2 years ago, had a problem with the print head after the warranty ran out, Kodak replaced it no charge, worked great.   Then 6 months later had a terrible paper jam and printer trouble again.  Kodak again replaced the print head no charge.  I am once again back to printing.  I love the printer and the service.  I will NEVER buy a different brand.  I have definitely gotten my money's worth.

Kodak AIO 5300 is great! Ink is cheap and lasts.

from Tewksbury, MA

Comments about Kodak EASYSHARE 5300 All-In-One Printer:

The Kodak AIO 5300 is a great printer. It prints photos and documents well. The ink lasts a long time and is cheap to purchase. The 2 paper trays are great, one for 8x11 paper and one for 4x6 photo paper. A nice touch! We have had no problems with paper jams.

The printer software is ok. A little slow to load but once running it works. I prefer Picasa but the Kodak software would work for most people.

There were some problems with WIndows 7 but those seem to have worked out now. Kodak is good for customer support. There was a problem with the ink drying out but Kodak quickly sent out an updated part and everything is fine. The scanner and copier work great. You can scan or copy right on the printer without needing to run software on the pc, which comes in handy when you just need to make a quick copy of someting. I have not used the included slots for memory cards but I may in the future.

Overall, a reasonably priced all-in-one printer that will work great.

Kodak AIO printers rock!

from Danielsville, GA

Comments about Kodak EASYSHARE 5300 All-In-One Printer:

The kodak easy share all in one printer is awesome! It is an invaluable tool in all the things I do on the computer! This baby can scan as a document or image, copy color or black & white, and, of course, print. It is rather large, so I does take up significantly more space than a standard printer, but it is well worth it! Ink is extremely cheap- that is one of the biggest attractors for me. You can set it to draft mode, which is very quick and uses a fraction of the ink. In most cases, scanning and copying are one touch, one button actions. Scanning does allow you the option to preview your potential image before it actually scans it, which is nice. We have owned this printer for at least 3 years, and we have only had one problem with it. The print head went out on it, and Kodak sent me another one free of charge. This printer is low cost, low- maintenance, and produces great image and text quality. Definitely a keeper!