3.8

3.8

Pros

Cons

Easy On-the-Go Reading

The Kobo is a great eReader. Look at the newest version with touch screen. Mine does not have the touch screen and pages take a bit of time to load. Otherwise, this is a wonderful device for reading only. I did not want the distraction of email, internet, etc. on my device as all I wanted to be able to do was take my extensive library of books with me on vacations, outings, to the park, work, etc. It really fits the bill for me and if your pleasure is simple reading, this is a must have device!

Battery Life
Battery lasts up to a couple weeks, even with every day reading.

Book Choices/Variety
Kobo has an outstanding selection of books at competitive pricing for their eReader. I have not had any problems finding anything and everything I want on their website. Very easyto use, download and find materials.

Readability
I have had no problems in this area whatever. Font size can be changed very easily for any reader. Use with our without glasses. NO glare at all. eInk is wonderful and very user friendly.

Being able to use this device wherever, whenever was my main goal. I am an avid reader and used to take 4 - 6 books along on a beach vacation. How much simpler and lighter it is to take this wonderful eReader along instead of loading my carry-on luggage with books. Absolutely wonderful!!

Page loading on the device is a little bit slower than I would like. The instant gratification of turning a page as in a paper book is not there, but otherwise the design is great.

Seems to be holding up fine. Had this for a year and counting with no problems.

Nice, handy ebook for easy reading

This is not a fancy bells-and-whistles ebook, but it does the job. Small, light, fits into my backpack and is easy to read. Page turn is a little slow, some functions are a little unnecessarily complex, but as a basic, inexpensive reader it's fine for what it does!

Battery Life
So far, seems like a good long battery life. Haven't run out yet tho I've recharged.

Book Choices/Variety
Seems like a good selection - as w all virtual bookstores, it's overwhelming and not as fun as picking up a book, but also hard to tell if they're missing anything

Readability
This isn't Kobo's fault but a lot of the books sport too many typos. But the books themselves are very readable.

Lots of things cd make this easier. Touch page turning on the newer models prob is a whole lot easier. Lists are a challenge, and if you are searching something and check at any point, you have to go back to the top - not way to jump

it's fine....

Fairly new, so no idea - hope it's mightily durable!

It's good

Comments about Kobo eReader with Wi-Fi:

The kobo is a good ereader, not so fancy as the new updates but it serves its purposes nonetheless. I have tons of books saved and the reading features are good too. It's pretty easy to use, the battery lasts a while, and the size is perfect to slip into my smallest purses.
The Kobo store has a wide selection of ebooks and they download fast to my ereader. The ebooks are a bit pricey, but I guess that is a tale for another day.
Overall, I'm quite satisfied with this ereader, glad I own one.

Not as sleek as others but it's not that bad.

Very Light weight

from Columbus, OH

Comments about Kobo eReader with Wi-Fi:

I was actually impressed with this Kobo eReader, and I bought it at a great price. I read a lot of reviews saying the tablet will freeze up on you, but I haven't experienced this problem. The processor speed is a little slow, but not so much so that I would return it. It's workable. The screen looks great when I'm in bed reading before bed. It's my nightly ritual. It has a massive amount of memory-32 GB. The plug is supplied, which is great. I don't have to go out and buy a plug before I can use it. I also love to sit out in the sunshine during the warm months and relax and read on it. There is no glare so it looks just as good outside as it does inside. Overall it's a great little e Reader, and you're not tied down to one library of books like Amazon. I didn't think I would like an e Reader more than reading an actual book, but I have to admit that I actually love it!

I've dropped it a couple of times and it's still working like it's brand new.

Kobo eReader with Wifi

Comments about Kobo eReader with Wi-Fi:

I received my eReader as a Christmas gift almost 2 years ago. It has served me and members of my family and/or household well in that time and will continue. We have not endured any problems with the device. It is used by adults as well as a child an has travelled by plane and car across the country many times and has had more than 400 books read on it. I am extremely happy with this product and would not actively search for another brand to replace it.

Battery Life
The battery lasts quite long if only using to read (we only use this to read).

Book Choices/Variety
Many options on Kobo website as well as other online alternatives.

Very easy to use even my 9 year old daughter likes to use it and can do so effortlessly.

It is very basic and simple in design however there are lots of great accessory covers that add to the exterior personality.

Mine has been dropped many times or been handled roughly with children and has managed to survive just fine.

• Readability:

Inexpensive Device with Amazing Quality!

Comments about Kobo eReader with Wi-Fi:

I really enjoy My Kobo Reader as it has all the portability and capabilities of an eReader at a much more inexpensive price when compared to other competitors. I was looking into purchasing an eReader but did not want to shell out the cash to buy the latest name brand eReader as one would be paying alot just for the brand name. I found out about the Kobo and am very impressed by it. The battery life is amazing and on par with the competing models. The book choices and variety is endless for the average reader as this eReader supports many formats. Readibility is perfect as the ink print is very clear and the font/zoom can be adjusted. Ease of use may take certain people some time to learn but it is not impossible. Design is unique and sleek, eReader is easy to transport and fits almost anywhere. Durability seems to be alright as well as I have dropped it a few times and can see no visible signs of damage or wearing out. Overall, great buy and well worth the investment for those that want an eReader without having to break the bank.

Nice handheld eReader!

Comments about Kobo eReader with Wi-Fi:

This is very simple compared to other eReaders, but it has worked so well for us! We have enjoyed the free books that we got with this, and it is really fun to use when we are on the go or cuddling on the couch. The screen is easy to read, and it does not hurt our eyes after any reading period.

Battery Life
This battery lasts for a long time! That has been a definite plus!

Book Choices/Variety
I think there are somewhat fewer choices than other eReaders, but it has had more than what we have desired to read for sure!

Very easy to read!

Can't get much easier than keeping it stored safely and charging it every now and then!

This has held up strong during our move across the country, and it does great when we travel by plane or car!

• Readability:

It's okay if you just like to read some of the time.

from New Baltimore, MI

Comments about Kobo eReader with Wi-Fi:

This product is okay if you like to do the bare minimal things on a tablet. The wifi isn't all that great. It goes in and out and has a very weak signal. I would not recommend this product if you love to read alot and do not have time to deal with all the high technology that comes with it.

• Readability:

Mid-range eReader. Satisfactory to good range.

from Birmingham, AL

Comments about Kobo eReader with Wi-Fi:

This is a mid-range eReader and not your more fully featured eReader. If you are used to touch screen technology I would go with the more expensive newer version. The pages are slower to turn on this model but if you are like me "Whats the rush?" I read to relax. Some reviewers say they found it easy to read in sunlight. I on the other hand did not. It was hard to read sitting outside by the pool in the sunshine, I have to be under the umbrella to be able to see the words which defeats my purpose of sunbathing/reading. I know I shouldn't be in the sun, but hey, its my guilty pleasure quality time.

Book Choices/Variety
Have downloaded several epub books with no difficulty.

Readability
Not good in direct sunlight. Also, not backlit so can't read in bed in the dark.

Pages are slow to turn.

Seems to be very durable, have had no problems.

• Readability:

Kobo E-reader is just like a book

from Rockland, MA

Comments about Kobo eReader with Wi-Fi:

The Kobo E-reader is pretty basic. A computer is not needed, which is nice. You can download books anywhere there is a Wi-Fi connection. It is easy to use even for those who are technology challenged. They have numerous free books to download as well as the classics that are pre-loaded. The biggest problem I have, is that I always forget that it is does not have a touch screen. It is not back-lit so a book light is needed for night reading. I was a very surprised to find that reading in the sunlight is very easy without any glare. I would recommend Kobo for those who are not looking for a cheap computer.

Book Choices/Variety
There are more book choices than I can get through

After I got over trying to use it as a touch screen it was extremely easy to use. Downloading books was a snap.

The design is like all the others. The screen is bigger than some.

It survived required summer reading by my 14 year old

Nice, handy ebook for easy reading

from Los Angeles, CA

it's fine....

Fairly new, so no idea - hope it's mightily durable!

Good basic e-reader

from Cadillac, MI

Comments about Kobo eReader with Wi-Fi:

If you are looking for something that can do apps, this is not for you. If you want a basic e-reader that is light and takes the epub format, this is the one. While it is only in black and white, that's ok because books are only black and white anyway, except for kids books and comic books. The battery lasts a long time and with the SD slot, you can hold thousands of books.

Battery Life
Literally lasts for weeks if you turn it all the way off when not in use instead of just in sleep mode.

Book Choices/Variety
Most e-books are available in the epub format, which is what this takes. You can also read pdf files.

Readability
Great in any light, as long as there IS light. While it isn't backlit, I think that makes it better because that helps the battery last longer.

The navigation pad is easy to use, but it could use touch-screen technology.

Nice and light. Again, touch-screen would make it better.

I haven't dropped it, but it seems pretty sturdy. Also, the silkscreen printing hasn't worn off, even though I sort of expected it to.