Other Gardening Tools:

Safety Hazard on the 1.8hp 8gal Kobalt Compressor

from Temple, texas

About Me Getting Started

Comments about Kobalt Air Compressor:

Noticed a hissing sound coming from the quick adapter that's attached to the compressor regulator with nothing connected I leaned and touched the connector & it shot out like a bullet hitting a wagon on the other side of my garage putting a good dent in it. Just glad it wasn't my Grandaughter or my wife cause it would have hurto.
This Regulator should be recalled by Lowes in my opinion as its dangerous and a very weak design.
Hope someone at Kobalt and Lowes listens.
Bought this product at Lowes.

DANGEROUS!

from Nicholasville, KY

Comments about Kobalt Air Compressor:

**Owned this 26 gallon compressor for two years...ran 100 feet of hose from garage to living room to use nailer to install trim on window....after 8 minutes took nailer and hose back to garage and discovered compressor hunning loudly...not running and was on fire**

compressor keeps shutting off

from Springfield, MO

Comments about Kobalt Air Compressor:

My Kobalt 26 gal 150 psi 120V/15A keeps shutting off. I have it close to my breaker box and on a 20 amp breaker, It's rated at 15 amps. Why does it keep shutting down when it should be climbing to max psi? I reset the compressor breaker button and it comes on for a few sec. (30 to 45) then shuts off again. Can't hardly use it like this. Should have went back to Craftsman! Can you help me?

A VERY poorley designed machine prone to failure!

from Renton, WA

Comments about Kobalt Air Compressor:

I own a Kobalt oil free compressor model # 99007 VLK1582609 that is constantly failing.

The aluminum tube from pump to tank has broken THREE times and is now too short to use.

I tried to order a new one and was told they are NOT IN STOCK! What now?

Also, sometimes the pump does NOT SHUT OFF even when pressure is achieved,,very annoying.

The soft metal used to attach the regulator to the tanks holes are completley stripped,,,useless.

If you need a RELIABLE machine,,,DON'T BUY THIS ONE!