3.9

3.9

Pros

Cons

• Cooking Performance:

Want the perfect Crock Pot? Read on...

This KitchenAid 7 quart slow cooker is an excellent product.

This KitchenAid 7 quart slow cooker is an excellent product.

The size is perfect for cooking large stews and having leftovers to freeze.  It's also great too use for potlucks or church dinners.  You can cook the meal at home, take it with you to church, plug it in and keep it warm during the church service.  Everything is cooked and still warm (on buffet setting) and ready to eat at your get-together.

This slow cooker has lots of great features.  There are five different settings :

1. Buffet = 6 hours for serving at 165 degrees;
2. Simmer = programmable up to 10 hours at 185 degrees then 4 hours keeping warm at 165 degrees
3. Low = programmable up to 10 hours at 203 degrees then 4 hours keeping warm at 165 degrees
4. High = programmable up to 10 hours at 212 degrees then 4 hours keeping warm at 165 degrees
5. Auto = 2 hours at 212 degrees then programmable up to 8 hours at 203 degrees then 4 hours keep warm at 165 degrees.

Other features include:

- flared rim on ceramic crock for easy handling
- 1 - 7 quart capacity markings on the inside of the ceramic pot
- 10 hour cooking time dislay
- food temperature alert - if temperature falls under recommended range (example: if power outage happens)
- large non-slip rubber feet
- large handles on the outside housing unit
- powerful 400-watt heating element
- integrated cord storage - the power cord wraps underneath the bottom of the slow cooker unit
- wall standoff bumper

Dissapointed after 2 months of loving it!!

I bought this slow cooker because between school, sports, and other activities I needed to have dinner ready by the time I got home....and I needed to have plenty of dinner ready to feed my hungry boys.  I had a small little slow cooker that was 4 qt and it was just too small to make the amount of food we needed for our family.  I was very excited when I was looking for crock pots and I came across this one from Kitchen Aid.  It has great features, would be great for everyday and special occasions.  Also Kitchen Aid is a well known and good product.  I read through the booklet to make sure I knew how to use it right and take advantage of all the cool features.  Two months after loving it....something happened.  I was washing it after it had cooled down...as I didn't want to crack the pot and I noticed a friggin crack all the way through the pot.  I could not believe it.  I have never exposed it to temperature change or anything that could have caused a crack.  I can not stress enough how careful I was with this slow cooker.  It was expensive and I didn't want anything to happen to it.  I called Kitchen Aid to see about replacing it and they said they had my name on file but no appliance...???  I don't know what happened there.  I couldn't find my receipt, go figure.  So they said the manufacture date was more than a year old, even though I just purchased it from Bed, Bath and Beyond in early September.  I called BB&B to see if they could look in their computers and of course since I bought it with a gift certificate they had no record.   Nothing was going right at all.  The lady at BB&B said to just bring the thing in and they would replace it....no questions asked......I could not believe it.  Even with out receipt.  I thought I was out of luck but BB&B really came though.  They even let me exchange it for another brand.  I now have a Breville 7Qt Slowcooker.  I hope this works better.  But I did check around for reviews on the Kitchenaid and There were a lot of reports of the same thing happening to others.  If you have this product and love it, I hope it works for you....If you are looking to purchase one, I would go with another brand.  Hope this helps!

Every home kitchen needs one

Comments about KitchenAid 7-Quart Slow Cooker:

This slow cooker is large enough to accommodate a large amount of food to feed a large family or for get-together’s with friends and family. My Kitchen Aid slow cooker didn't burn the bottom of my meals nor did it leave the food soggy or under-cooked. Every slow cooked meal I have prepared in that slow cooker was always cooked to perfection with every layer cooked through at a safe temperature. Being that its bulk in size it took a lot of room on the stove and wasn't so easy to clean it, the non stick surface was very easy to clean as hardly any food actually was stuck to the bottom of the slow cooker the only difficulty part would be of its size fitting in the kitchen sink or counter, if you have a slim sink or a small station cleaning area it can quite tricky to clean this Kitchen Aid 7-Quart Slow Cooker. That being all being said this Kitchen Aid 7-Quart Slow Cooker will make a great addition to your kitchen appliances, every home needs a slow cooker and I recommend the Kitchen Aid brand as the perfect choice.

• Cooking Performance:

Perfect for my chili recipe

Comments about KitchenAid 7-Quart Slow Cooker:

I got this a few years ago when I was elected as Craft Services person for my film class' class shoot. I had to feed 15-20 people for 3 days of shooting and it was so easy to get everything ready in this and then not have to worry about it until it was time to eat. It definitely takes up a lot of space but if you need to feed a bunch of people and you have a place to store it it's perfect. I really only pull it out these days for big family dinners, it's a bit oversized for just my boyfriend and I.

Time to Heat
I was really impressed by how quickly it heated up.

Cooking Performance
Cooked everything really evenly without having to pay very much attention to it.

Super easy to clean as long as you don't accidentally splash anything on the outside of it.

Crazy easy to use. Just set the temperature you want, turn it on, and relax.

It isn't exactly pretty but as far as functionality goes the design is great.

I've had it for ages and it still works great.

KitchenAid Slow Cooker is large, works well

from Panama City, FL

Comments about KitchenAid 7-Quart Slow Cooker:

I have had this KitchenAid Slow Cooker for a few years now and it has held up pretty well. It is quite large and takes up a good amount of counter space, but I use it a couple times a week, so it is worth just leaving out. It looks pretty decent in my kitchen and blends in with the other appliances I have. I especially like the timer feature, where I can set it to a certain time and it will cook, then put itself on a keep warm function for a few hours. It is easy to use - just twist the knobs to the setting you want - and the timer is clear and easy to read. I like the beeping noises that tell you when it is done. It does a good job of cooking my food the way I'd like it done. It is large, so it can hold a whole roasting chicken or ham, which is great for bigger meals or entertaining. I do wish it were a bit easier to clean though. The crock is a bit unwieldy and heavy to lift and maneuver in my sink, and I'm always afraid I'll crack or drop it and have to get a new slow cooker. I would recommend this to others!

• Cooking Performance:

KitchenAid Slow Cooker is the best!

from Gilbert, AZ

Comments about KitchenAid 7-Quart Slow Cooker:

We bought this KitchenAid Slow Cooker to replace an older slow cooker we got from my mother-in-law. It is stainless steel w/a black pot that comes out & makes it really easy to clean. The lid is clear w/a black seal & handle. The temperature & time is real easy to set & it is overall a great slow cooker. It is a large one though, 7 quarts, and I hardly ever fill it up. Because it is large it is a little heavy, but not more so than you would expect for the size. From the first time I used it I was very impressed with it. We use it to cook chicken most of the time. The chicken comes out so tender and moist it is just incredible. We have also cooked pork roast and ham in it and both come out very tender and juicy also. We have had it for about a year and half.

Outstanding

from Littleton, CO

Comments about KitchenAid 7-Quart Slow Cooker:

I haven't had a lot of luck with larger Kitchenaid kitchen appliances if you have read my other reviews but this Kitchenaid slow cooker has been outstanding for us. We use it to make meals probably once a week and it works much better than the Rival crockpot that we also have. The size is bigger so we can make larger portions and it has a timer which makes it easy to keep track of how long something has been in (I've seen newer Rival versions that have these features but haven't had experience with them). The inside crock is easy to clean and has done a good job of lasting, We have had good luck and have not had our crock crack. The color is quite attractive and I would recommend this slow cooker. The only downside is the price is fairly high!

KitchenAid Slow Cooker is great ...when it works.

from Lenore, ID

Comments about KitchenAid 7-Quart Slow Cooker:

I love the variable cooking options as far as heat and time on the slow cooker, and it works great ...when it works. I did not have it for very long when it started giving me an error message and not finishing its cooking cycles..I had to send it in dto get it fixed and then it did it again and now its out of warrenty. Not impressed with the quality, like I said when it works it is great. Cooks evenly, does not burn on the sides or bottom, slow cooks BBQ ribs to perfection.

If youre gonna get a crock pot get this one!!

from Beaumont, CA

Comments about KitchenAid 7-Quart Slow Cooker:

We actually got this as a Christmas gift last year, and we love love it.  It is so simple to use and very heavy duty.  The only downfall to this crock pot is that since it is heavy duty and 7 quart its large and it does take up a bit of space when you are storing it in your cupboards or where ever you put it.  The cord winds up at the bottom of the crock pot and hooks onto a spot for the cord so its not hanging loose while its being stored.  It says in the directions you can put the large ceramic pot into the dishwasher but we never have, we hand wash it in the sink hoping to preserve the life of it.  Plus depending on how much food is on it you really dont know if it will get 100% clean in there anyways.  At the top of the crockpot the glass lid is lined with a rubber edge, and that always smells for days exactly like the meal you cooked.  If you soak it in half water half vinegar the smell will go away while still being delicate enough to the lid and seal.

New Insert....NOT!!

from Priest River, ID

Comments about KitchenAid 7-Quart Slow Cooker:

I loved this slow cooker because it was nice and large for a big family or for entertaining. UNTIL...I could not get the insert without an arm and a leg!! Can't find it in the store. Have to find it online and then it is way too expensive. I would not recommend this slow cooker to anyone!

kitchenaid slowcooker is wonderful

from Glendale, RI

Comments about KitchenAid 7-Quart Slow Cooker:

I really love this slow cooker because for one thing it is large enough to cook large portions and the shape of it is just right if you want to brown food on the bottom before you cook it at a lower temperature. My pot did not crack even though that has been said by many others who have used the same one.  I liked the aesthetic appeal of this particular slow cooker and I am happy with the way it looks in my kitchen.  Very sleek and smooth.  It has many different features that I consider a big plus like the timer that tells you when your food is done and it also tells you if your food gets too hot or if its not hot enough.  You can adjust the heat to more temperatures too so you can get a better, more accurate cooking.  I hope mine does not break or crack because so far I am very impressed with all the different things that come with it.  I would recommend it so far but if it cracks it would not be worth the money at all.

This Kitchen Aid Slow Cooker is the PERFECT Slow Cooker...

from Miami, FL

Comments about KitchenAid 7-Quart Slow Cooker:

PERFECTION- I cannot say anything less about this slow cooker.  I had wanted one for a while and I got it as a Christmas gift from my granmother a couple years ago.  I swear by this thing.  I cook everything from beef stews to pasta dishes to beans to chili.  You name it I have tried to cook it in the slow cooker.   This is a blessing for any busy mom who wants to have dinner ready by the time you get home from work or anyother time consuming activities.  I personally have the red one but they have a couple of color options i think black and stainless steel.  Now, I think this is the biggest one they have, but I have my husband and 3 kids and I can make enough food to feed them and store or invite a couple of people over and have a delicious slow cooked feast.  This slow cooker has to be the Cadillac of slow cookers with its different cooking settings.  It has a buffet setting which is awesome!  It has a beautiful glass top and like stylish modern look.  Please consider this option if your looking to buy one or get one for someone as a gift.  I tell you- you can't go wrong.