Other Dishwashers:
Models:
KUDE60FXSS, KUDE60FXBL, KUDE60FXWH
KitchenAid Superba Architect II Built-in Dishwasher

KitchenAid Superba Architect II Built-in Dishwasher

Pros

• Attractive (3)
  • Easy to load (3)
  • Simple controls (3)

Cons

• General purpose (3)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Casual cook (3)

extremely quiet - well constructed

I installed this dishwasher for my wife about 4 weeks ago and we are both very pleased.  It is an investment, but seems to be well worth the money.  The fit and finish of the unit is very good, the overal quality is impressive.  The adjustable racks are well designed with ease of use and flexibility in mind.  There are several little pockets, clips and baskets.  Nicely done KitchenAide.

The dishwasher is amazingly quiet.  When running, the only think you'll hear is the sound of water splashing inside, and that's only if you listen for it.  One criteria in my original search was the it be quiet since the kitchen is very close to our entertainment area.  This thing is so quiet you'd barley know it's running.

All of this is important to me, but if it doesn't do a good job cleaning, it's all a waste.  Well, it does a great job cleaning and my wife is very happy with her new dishwasher.  In the long run, it all comes down to this simple fact...Happy wife = Happy life.

**The KUDE60FVSS is worth the cost of admission.**

Better than some, but not as good as it should be

I was hopeful when purchasing this dishwasher. What attracted most was its European look and the hidden controls. We couldn't afford a Bosch, so this seemed a fair compromise.

I've had...Read complete review

I've had the repair men out 3 times over the last 3 years. The door latch is constantly breaking, the rinse and soap dispensers are broken. It is quite noisy and seems to take a fair amount of time for each normal load. I wish it offered a short cycle for touch up.

It does seem to do a good job of cleaning. I think the quality of soap has a lot to do with it. overall, it has been bettter than most of the dishwashers of my past, but there is definite room for improvement.

Long lasting, durable and high performance Dishwasher

from Walton, KY

Comments about KitchenAid Superba Architect II Built-in Dishwasher:

I had my first Kitchenaide for 26 years (it was still working when we replaced it). Washes dishes without any scraping required, takes off stuck on food and glasses always are clean. Love the brand!

Noise Level
It's audible, but not annoying

Normal

Loading Flexibility
Top shelf is adjustable allowing for different size glasses to be easily loaded.

Dishes always are clean (since we are a small family, we don't wash dishes every day) and glasses sparkling

See overall comment. The long life and excellent cleaning drove our decision to buy this dishwasher when we remodeled our kitchen

• Loading Flexibility:

Washer that scrubs away dirt while being very chick and quiet

Comments about KitchenAid Superba Architect II Built-in Dishwasher:

I have had my dishwasher for a year now and use it (averagely) per week. It is expensive, but for the price it is definitely worth buying. The design of the stainless steel and handle is chick; I also like how it matches my refrigerator. All of the control buttons are actually hidden on the top side of the door, which I like because no one can touch or change the washer while it's working. It also helps you out by emitting light when it is rinsing that shows blue light, drying that alerts a red light and finished with a green light. I can tell that it holds twice as much loads than my older washer; specifically, there are two racks: bottom one that holds the full size pots and pans whereas the top holds glassware and smaller dishes. The only thing I don't like about it is that it does take a long time to clean because I have to wait about 45 minutes to an hour; however, this is ok for me if it gets the job done. As for washing, it not only cleans well but is tremendously quiet when doing so.

Noise Level
It is quieter than usual washers or a mouse hiding in your house.

Cleaning Time
I wish it was shorter, yet that doesn't take away from the benefits of this washer such as being an efficient cleaner, quieter than most and looking nice.

Great design, great product

Comments about KitchenAid Superba Architect II Built-in Dishwasher:

I have only had experience with a few dishwashers in my time and before we purchased this one, I knew for sure that I wanted all the buttons to be hidden. This is a great feature so that my kitchen looks more sleek and also my neighbors/friends cant see if my dishes are dirty. haha I see no issue with the design of the dishwasher and like all appliances you have to get creative with the way you put dishes in. I am a little OCD so the dishwasher is basically a real life game of Tetris for me. I like to wash as many dishes as possible and this allows me to do that without much struggle. My only complaint thus far has been when magically a plastic spoon fell down and was melted into the dishwasher heater. It stuck up the dishwasher and my dishes for at least a month! Other than that, no complaints!

• Loading Flexibility:

Summarize this product in one sentence.

from Oceano, CA

Comments about KitchenAid Superba Architect II Built-in Dishwasher:

We picked this dishwasher after 5 years of using a cheaper brand/priced dishwasher. I was always very disappointed with our previous model as there was a constant film on our dishes and they never seemed clean enough. Back to the KitchenAid KUDE60FXSS... I absolutely love this dishwasher and the price was not bad considering the output. I almost never pre-wash. I believe it's a waste of water and this dishwasher cleans everything without pre-washing. I do scrape off bigger particles of food.

Noise Level
It is a little louder than I would like. Not quiet enough, but doesn't sound like a plane taking off in the kitchen either.

Cleans in about 1-1.5 hours, depending on cycle

Loading Flexibility
I wish it had more room for wine glasses. It came with some holders, but they don't work very well.

Cleans very well!

I didn't know if I would like the top-set buttons, but I do... more so than buttons on the front.

I haven't had any issues in the 3 years we've had it.

Great Dishwasher

from Chicago, IL

Comments about KitchenAid Superba Architect II Built-in Dishwasher:

Love this. It is very easy to use and my three year old daughter loves helping me start it. The front needs to be cleaned everyday or it gets streaky and it takes a long time to clean even on the one hour wash but I think all dishwashers take a while and as long as it saves me time from having to clean the dishes myself I'm fine with that. The utensil area comes out so I don't have to bend to put in all of the forks and spoons seperately and goes in easily. It even fits my plastic cutting boards that are big. It cleans beautifully. It isn't loud and looks very nice. It isn't too big and seems like it will last a long time. It is a beautiful addition to my new kitchen.

Awesome for big families

from Mathiston, MS

Comments about KitchenAid Superba Architect II Built-in Dishwasher:

I picked this dishwasher when we remodeled our kitchen and I love it.

Noise Level
I have had no trouble with noise, but with a large family we don't have very much quiet time to notice.

Loading Flexibility
My children often help load and at 8 and 9 they have had no trouble loading or unloading.

It has done great with a large family we definitely put it to the test. We run it twice a day sometimes three times a day. It gets the gunk off without a problem no pre rinse.

We remodeled our kitchen a few months ago, and when I saw this dishwasher I knew that I had to have it. Once it was installed it looked it even better. It. Looks great in my kitchen, and wipes clean so easily.

I have five children and this dishwasher has been used countless times in the last few months. It has done a great job. It has been fallen into, kicked, spilled on, and I wipe it clean and it is as good as new.

Get a great clean

from Bellmore, NY

Comments about KitchenAid Superba Architect II Built-in Dishwasher:

it is not noisy like some dishwashers and does a great job. I have owned other brands but this is by far the best and would recommend it very highly.

Noise Level
you hardly know it is on even if you are in the room, my others made way to much noise

Cleaning Time
because it is energy efficient it takes longer then the older models but it is helping to save on electricity

Loading Flexibility
no problem getting in bowls, glasses or odd sizes items

does a great job

love the luck it is modern and fits in nicely with the other appliances

seems like it is going to last and have not had any problems with it

King of the Dishwashers

from Stockton, CA

Comments about KitchenAid Superba Architect II Built-in Dishwasher:

This is one world-class dishwasher, if there is such a thing. I did not know if this machine was worth the substantial price tag when it came time to replace our dying old model, but I have since learned better. The Superba Architect II (yes, the name is pretentious) is quieter than any other dishwasher I have used, and it is easily the most powerful at cleaning our plates and silverware. It seems that there really isn’t a wrong way to load the thing. I do hope it has a long life, though, because I don’t care to spend this much money very often.

Noise Level
Extremely quite--it's the quietest thing in the kitchen.

Cleaning Time
This has never been something I fret over, but it is fast to clean.

Loading Flexibility
It has tons of options for loading, but I usually just pile stuff in.

"Every crumb, every time" is only a slight exaggeration.

The inside is the key to the design of this dishwasher. Super flexible.

This is almost professional in its sturdiness.

Terrific Dishwasher

Comments about KitchenAid Superba Architect II Built-in Dishwasher:

This dishwasher looks as good as it works. The outside is very sleek and user friendly. Of, course, the most important thing about a dishwasher is how well does it work. This dishwasher does an excellent job of getting the dishes and pots and pans clean and sparkly.

• Loading Flexibility:

Great dishwaser. Sleek design impressive performance

from North Arlington, NJ

Comments about KitchenAid Superba Architect II Built-in Dishwasher:

Have only had it a short time but our family is enjoying our new dish washer. Gets all of our dishes very clean and it certainly is much quieter then our last machine.

Noise Level
Very quiet. Even in our very loud house with teenagers and toddlers running around.

Cleaning Time
Works fast for a basic wash. Haven't experimented much with anything else

Loading Flexibility
Very easy to load and lets me fit lots of clothing per load.

Very sleek - nice look, fits in well in our kitchen. Just use a stainless steel cleaner to keep the fingerprints off. People have complimented us on it's look in our kitchen.

We've only had it a short while so hard to rate honestly but so far so good here. Time will surely tell.