Other Dishwashers:

KitchenAid Superba Architect II Built-in Dishwasher

Pros

Cons

extremely quiet - well constructed

I installed this dishwasher for my wife about 4 weeks ago and we are both very pleased.  It is an investment, but seems to be well worth the money.  The fit and finish of the unit is very good, the overal quality is impressive.  The adjustable racks are well designed with ease of use and flexibility in mind.  There are several little pockets, clips and baskets.  Nicely done KitchenAide.

The dishwasher is amazingly quiet.  When running, the only think you'll hear is the sound of water splashing inside, and that's only if you listen for it.  One criteria in my original search was the it be quiet since the kitchen is very close to our entertainment area.  This thing is so quiet you'd barley know it's running.

All of this is important to me, but if it doesn't do a good job cleaning, it's all a waste.  Well, it does a great job cleaning and my wife is very happy with her new dishwasher.  In the long run, it all comes down to this simple fact...Happy wife = Happy life.

**The KUDE60FVSS is worth the cost of admission.**

Better than some, but not as good as it should be

I was hopeful when purchasing this dishwasher. What attracted most was its European look and the hidden controls. We couldn't afford a Bosch, so this seemed a fair compromise.

I've had...Read complete review

I've had the repair men out 3 times over the last 3 years. The door latch is constantly breaking, the rinse and soap dispensers are broken. It is quite noisy and seems to take a fair amount of time for each normal load. I wish it offered a short cycle for touch up.

It does seem to do a good job of cleaning. I think the quality of soap has a lot to do with it. overall, it has been bettter than most of the dishwashers of my past, but there is definite room for improvement.

The convenience of laundry

from NY

Have fun and quiet

• Was this a gift?:
  • I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

3 years of use and no problems

Comments about KitchenAid Superba Architect II Built-in Dishwasher:

We replaced our old model with this one a couple years ago. We installed it ourselves and haven't had a single problem. I will definitely look at this brand when replacing this one down the road.

Noise Level
It is pretty quiet, considering we have an open floor plan, in this part of the house. We can easily hear tv/radio over dishwasher without raising the volume.

Cleaning Time
I love the different run time options and especially the delay. I love being able I set it to run in the middle of the night, so I don't forget

Loading Flexibility
The top mini shelves can be a pain to work around, but they definitely come in handy for the 1/2 cup sized Tupperware containers my families uses.

I love that the buttons are hidden, with 2 kids, it isn't an option for them to start pushing buttons like it is a vending machine.

In the 3 years the only thing wrong with ours is our boys ran a bike into it and it did end up with a small dent on the front. But 3 years and 1 sent, with 2 boys- I say is a victory.

• Loading Flexibility:

Clean whirling wonder, this machine puts the zing on!

Comments about KitchenAid Superba Architect II Built-in Dishwasher:

Our washing machine really cleans the dishes spotless, the overall processes are spectacular and leaves dishes sparkling clean.

Noise Level
The water cycles are all very low volumes and the humming is quite gentle and quiet. All noises from machine are quite minimal and are not a disturbance.

Cleaning Time
The cleaning times are quite rapid and go through their cycles with an acceleration of top quality.

Loading Flexibility
Allows quite a lot of different layout positions that leave the spacious insides open to many arrangements. Incredible roominess, totally satisfied with its flexibility.

Top speeds and tremendous cleaning abilities make for a superior appliance.

Excellent design, buttons and setting all in a great layout along with the silver scheme really blends superbly in our kitchen with all appliances.

Great endurance in our washer, we've had it for several years and it still runs the same as the day when turned it on, really exceptional device.

Good Washer

Comments about KitchenAid Superba Architect II Built-in Dishwasher:

We recently installed this KitchenAid Superba Architect II Built-in Dishwasher in our house. Before this, I didn't have a dishwasher, so it was all hand washing my dishes. It has been years since I had a dishwasher, so I was used to basically washing dishes before I put them in the dishwasher. You don't have to do that with this machine. I just put dirty dishes in, and they come out clean.

The machine runs very quiet. I was very surprised that it isn't the loud noise that I was used to when I had a dishwasher before. I also haven't seen a huge spike in my water or electric bill. This is going from no dishwasher to this. So that made me pretty happy.

I've heard about problems with the door. I have not had this problem yet. I've only had the machine for three months. I hope this is something that they have fixed. I probably would have chosen a different model had I known about it before hand.

Overall, I am happy with the machine, but will be less happy if I have a problem with the door.

Overall a great dishwasher

Comments about KitchenAid Superba Architect II Built-in Dishwasher:

I have had this kitchenaid dishwasher for almost two years ago. When my husband and I moved into our current home, the previous homeowner had replaced all of the kitchen appliances. He replaced the refrigerator and stove with a top of the line choice. Our microwave is not quite top of the line, but still, very nice. He replaced the dishwasher with what I can imagine was the absolute cheapest stainless steel option in the store. It because quickly evident that we would have to replace the dishwasher rather quickly. After doing much research, we decided on the kitchenaid. We liked the fact that it received good reviews and with a child on the way, I liked the fact that it has an NSF certified sanitation wash. I have never had an issue with dishes coming out dirty and as some people have reviewed, even after two years of use (and now an infant trying to climb on the door when it is open) we still have not had any issues with the springs working or breaking.

Noise Level
A pretty quiet machine. We have to listen hard to see if it is running or not.

Cleaning Time
There is a quick wash cycle, but it uses more water to run, so we opt for the more eco friendly longer wash.

Loading Flexibility
Even my crock pot fits well.

No issues with dirty dishes.

Clean look and with the buttons on top, we avoid accidentally turning it on.

Two years with no issues so far.

Best dishwasher ever!

Comments about KitchenAid Superba Architect II Built-in Dishwasher:

KitchenAid is a great company making a great product, but they really shine when it comes to dishwashers. The built-in food grinder means no pre-rinsing and the dishes come out clean and DRY! Super quiet, too. Energy efficient.

Noise Level
Very quiet. Not the quietest on the market, but very quiet for the money!! No complaints.

Must have at Home

Comments about KitchenAid Superba Architect II Built-in Dishwasher:

This is by far the most impressive dishwasher to have at home. It provides great cleaning on the dish ware and silverware. I am beyond impressed with the cleanliness it does. Overall, this product is definitely a necessity to have at home because it does the work and it does make life easier. It is n energy saver appliance that does not use much energy and it also lowers the electric bill. It is very functional item to have at home. It makes dishwashing to be something less to do as an everyday task. Ideally, every household should have this product since it has so many uses. In addition, it is fairly easy to use just a click to the button and there it starts working. Ever since i got this product installed at home i cannot complain at all since it has made my work load decreased.Honestly it was a bit pricey but in the long run it does save money and time consumption.

• Loading Flexibility:

Long lasting, durable and high performance Dishwasher

from Walton, KY

Comments about KitchenAid Superba Architect II Built-in Dishwasher:

I had my first Kitchenaide for 26 years (it was still working when we replaced it). Washes dishes without any scraping required, takes off stuck on food and glasses always are clean. Love the brand!

Noise Level
It's audible, but not annoying

Normal

Loading Flexibility
Top shelf is adjustable allowing for different size glasses to be easily loaded.

Dishes always are clean (since we are a small family, we don't wash dishes every day) and glasses sparkling

See overall comment. The long life and excellent cleaning drove our decision to buy this dishwasher when we remodeled our kitchen

• Loading Flexibility:

Washer that scrubs away dirt while being very chick and quiet

Comments about KitchenAid Superba Architect II Built-in Dishwasher:

I have had my dishwasher for a year now and use it (averagely) per week. It is expensive, but for the price it is definitely worth buying. The design of the stainless steel and handle is chick; I also like how it matches my refrigerator. All of the control buttons are actually hidden on the top side of the door, which I like because no one can touch or change the washer while it's working. It also helps you out by emitting light when it is rinsing that shows blue light, drying that alerts a red light and finished with a green light. I can tell that it holds twice as much loads than my older washer; specifically, there are two racks: bottom one that holds the full size pots and pans whereas the top holds glassware and smaller dishes. The only thing I don't like about it is that it does take a long time to clean because I have to wait about 45 minutes to an hour; however, this is ok for me if it gets the job done. As for washing, it not only cleans well but is tremendously quiet when doing so.

Noise Level
It is quieter than usual washers or a mouse hiding in your house.

Cleaning Time
I wish it was shorter, yet that doesn't take away from the benefits of this washer such as being an efficient cleaner, quieter than most and looking nice.

Great design, great product

Comments about KitchenAid Superba Architect II Built-in Dishwasher:

I have only had experience with a few dishwashers in my time and before we purchased this one, I knew for sure that I wanted all the buttons to be hidden. This is a great feature so that my kitchen looks more sleek and also my neighbors/friends cant see if my dishes are dirty. haha I see no issue with the design of the dishwasher and like all appliances you have to get creative with the way you put dishes in. I am a little OCD so the dishwasher is basically a real life game of Tetris for me. I like to wash as many dishes as possible and this allows me to do that without much struggle. My only complaint thus far has been when magically a plastic spoon fell down and was melted into the dishwasher heater. It stuck up the dishwasher and my dishes for at least a month! Other than that, no complaints!