View more mixers

4.8

Pros

Cons

• Mixing Performance:

KitchenAid's Professional 5 Plus Series stand mixer is the best!

My family loves to bake.  From the first time we saw this machine; we knew we had to have one.  At first, I couldn't even justify the price to myself, let alone my husband (by the way, he still doesn't know the REAL price :)  After using it over the past three years; I know it was worth every penny.  We make breads, cakes, cookies, potatoes and much much more.

There was  a special going on when I purchased my machine, and I received a free attachment set.  We chose the grinder attachment set.  We like to make our own sausages, so we can control what goes into it.  It's great for all types of ground meat; you can make your own burger, meatloaf or meatball blends.  We use to make it in our food processor, from another brand; an it burned out three times.  This machine is  so powerful, it'll grind through whatever meats you choose.

I love this brand, because their products are so reliable.  If I had to make the decision all over again, I would buy it in a hearbeat.

I don't know how I got along without this for so long......

Love this thing.... I don't know how I got along without this for so long......

Mixes thouroghly

Ease of CleaningRead complete review

Love this thing.... I don't know how I got along without this for so long......

Mixes thouroghly

Cleans real easy

My 7 yrs old hot tha hang immediately

Love the design very simple

I know this brand is durable, because I know folks who have had theirs for 20+ years.

Balanced, Tough, Easy to use

Comments about KitchenAid Professional Plus Series Stand Mixer KV25G0X:

If you like to bake like I do. This tough easy to operate mixer is the way to go. It is a little heavy, so pick a place for it to stay. Other than that, I enjoy using it at my job to make all sorts of deserts to delight the flood of customers I serve daily.

Mixing Performance
all the settings are usefull in many different recipes.

depends on what is around it due to its weight.

all the settings are self explanitory, and the changable mixing tools pop in and out easily while they stay fixed in place while being used.

Its made to cooperate with the cheff

Heavy duty.

Awesome!

Comments about KitchenAid Professional Plus Series Stand Mixer KV25G0X:

I love this mixer. It is very versatile. I can make simple cookies, delicate icings, kneed dough, and even perfectly shred chicken. I have the cobalt blue color and I love it. I have never had a problem with it "walking" across the counter and I find it easy to clean. I have had it for three years and it is still going strong.

Best mixer around!

Comments about KitchenAid Professional Plus Series Stand Mixer KV25G0X:

This is an exceptional mixer; the best one that I have found! It is extremely user friendly and it is very easy to use. It mixes very smoothly and mixes evenly. It has different attachments that you can use and has speed settings that help with making a variety of food items.

Mixing Performance
Everything that I have made using this mixer has come out evenly mixed with very little effort. It has been the best mixer I have ever used.

Everything seems to come out fairly easy from the bowl. The mixer itself wipes down easily. It is a very easy mixer to maintain for these reasons.

The mixer is extremely user friendly. The directions show you how to set it up for the first time and how to change any attachments. It is easy to get it set up and changing the speed settings is a very simple flip of a switch.

I think that the mixer is very appealing to the eye. It is sleek and simple which makes for a great design in my opinion.

It seems as though this mixer will last forever! It is very strong and durable; seems to be built to last.

love this mixer

Comments about KitchenAid Professional Plus Series Stand Mixer KV25G0X:

It took me a long while to invest in the mixer due to price, though there are deals to be found on these. Finally got a good deal around our anniversary. I love to bake, so that is the main purpose for me. I have used it to make bread, cookies, cakes and icing mainly. It doesn't get as much use as I would hope, but it is there when I need to! We have a small kitchen, but looks great out on the counter. We have a black kitchen aid blender, so got the black in this to match. The first one I got fizzed out with in a few weeks, but it didn't include a manual or anything, so thinking it was repackaged and not all informed to me. The store exchanged it for me. I do not have any of the extra attachements. But the paddle, wisk and dough hook have been plenty for our needs. It makes baking easy with my daughter!

up to about 6 cups flour

most parts dishwasher safe, I believe the wisk attachement is not. bowl is easily cleaned by hand if doesn't fit well in dishwasher

looks nice on counter, even if not in use!

KitchenAid Professional 5 Plus Series Stand Mixer KV25G0X

Comments about KitchenAid Professional Plus Series Stand Mixer KV25G0X:

It's better than I could have hoped for. I was looking at just a regular one. My husband surprised me with the Pro. I have used it for grinding nuts and meat and works great for that too.

Mixing Performance
Mixes great without having to hold on to it like a hand mixer and without having to turn it off in between ingredients.

The only problem is the paddle. Outside of that, it's easy to clean.

After getting use to how the bowl attaches to the stand, it's easy to use. I had used a commercial style one like this before so that helped with attaching the bowl. The way I can flip the bowl up and down to scrape the sides of the bowl helps too. The dry mix attachment for the bowl keeps the dry ingredients from going all over the counter. With that you don't need to turn the mixer on and off like others.

Great design just like the professional smaller mixers used for icings.

Better than most stand mixers I've seen today. The attachments are of great quality too.

• Mixing Performance:

Every baker MUST have one in their kitchen!

from Gardena, CA

Comments about KitchenAid Professional Plus Series Stand Mixer KV25G0X:

I love using this to bake, whether it is whipping up some frosting or mixing cake or cookie batters to making breads, this is THE machine to have! Without it, I would definitely not be the baker I am today!!

Mixing Performance
Mixing your simple cake or cookies batter is no problem for the mixer! However, when you get to bread doughs, you will encounter some problems. I haven't had a problem when making zucchini walnut bread or banana bread, but mixing becomes hard when I try and make pizza dough. If I make it in smaller portions, the mixer doesn't seem to have a problem; however when I try to save some time; the hook seems to be stuck.

Cleaning is simple! Everything is dishwasher safe, except the machine (of course!) But the machine is very easy to clean! Just take a wet paper towel and BAM! It's all clean! :D

I love using the stand-up mixer compared to the hand-held mixers; however; these are definitely a lot heavier compared to the hand-held mixers. But I think that the weight of the mixers definitely contribute to the machine's durability.

• Mixing Performance:

Wouldn't dream of using another mixer!

from Ponchatoula, LA

Comments about KitchenAid Professional Plus Series Stand Mixer KV25G0X:

I've had this model mixer for years and have never had a moments trouble with it. I am an occasional baker, nothing extreme. The only drawback is the size. Since I don't use it daily, I keep it ona pantry shelf to save counter space. It can be a little heavy to lug out. The speedsareaccurate and the bowl and attachments are easy to clean. I have purchased additional attachments such as the pasta maker and meat grinder and both are very handy.

• Mixing Performance:

The KitchenAid name is well known for a reason

from Greenbrae, CA

Comments about KitchenAid Professional Plus Series Stand Mixer KV25G0X:

I am giddy to say this is my second KitchenAid mixer. I grew up watching my grandmother using her kitchenaid almost on a daily basis. I bought my first one for Christmas the year I moved into my first apartment. It was the only thing that fit on my countertop, which was a sacrifice I was more than willing to make. I made cookies with trail mix at least once a week, and always brought the best desserts to the company parties. The kitchenaid mixes in such an efficient way, I was able to cater my best friend's entire wedding with it. I was whipping out doughs and sauces left and right. The convenience of the design is priceless. I get so frustrated when I am cooking somewhere else and get stuck with some strange cheap mixer...I'm mixer spoiled and that's that. I have bought cheapo stand mixers for places like my cabin and the guesthouse on my property, and they make me cringe in comparison to the kitchenaid. It's not as loud as my first kitchenaid, but they do make noise. I have a glass bowl attachment for it and it's pretty noisy but GREAT for mixing rice crispie treats or other granola type bars...Just heat it up in the microwave, take it out, and mix it up. Cleanup is really easy and the accessories are worth the retail price but easy to get your hands on during christmas sales for a good price. The Pasta attachment is one I couldn't live without. You mix up the pasta in the bowl and throw it through the attachment. It's simple to learn and use, and you get consistency that's hard to match. It's well worth the money and should be in every cook's kitchen.

Very good mixer

Comments about KitchenAid Professional Plus Series Stand Mixer KV25G0X:

This mixer is a good professional type mixer. I have had mine for 5 years and only had a very small repair done to it (Read durability section). I would purchase another one if this one ever was inoperable.

Mixing Performance
The mixer performs wonderfully. It mixes thoroughly and leaves no lumps.
When making bread and pizza dough, running the mixer on high with the dough hook attachment practically kneads the dough for me.
It is loud when in use.

Cleaning is easy on the unit. The bowl wipes down easy, also.

Lift up the mixer head, put the bowl in the circular bowl groove and turn handle clockwise. Attach the mixer beater by the groove, push it upwards and twist until it clicks. Lower the mixer head and lock the mixer head on right lever and turn on with the left lever. Mixing speed goes to 10. Even if you don't lock the mixer head, it performs perfectly fine.

The mixer looks great in the store on display, but when you get it home it takes up a good bit of counter space.

My mixer did have a flaw. The silver pin holding the head of the mixer and the base of the mixer together did try to make its way out after 5 years of use. I used a hammer and tapped it a couple of times, which easily pushed it back in. It has not come back apart at this point.

Great Mixer

from Glen Burnie, MD

Comments about KitchenAid Professional Plus Series Stand Mixer KV25G0X:

Great mixer. Comes with the basic beaters, but there are numerous other attachments available. The meat grinder is one that I have used multiple times.

Mixing Performance
Handles heavy doughs and frostings well. Does make a bit of a mess if too many dry ingredients are in the bowl. It is definitely worth the investment to buy the beater blade (or KA brand of this). This almost entirely eliminates having to scrape the sides of the bowl while mixing.

This mixer is very easy to use. One lever to lock the head in place and another lever to adjust the speed. Speeds are labeled stir and then one through 12.

Design is easy to use. This mixer weighs more than many others, which makes it harder to move, but also means that it does not scoot across the counter (which I have owned mixers that do this).

I've had mine for about five years and have only had one problem with it. The shaft where the beater connects to gummed up. After some dis-assembly it was able to be cleaned and is once again running without any problems.