Other Mixers:

KitchenAid Professional HD Series 5-Quart Stand Mixer KG25H3X

Pros

Cons

• Mixing Performance:

KitchenAid Professional Heavy Duty 5 Qt. Stand Mixer is Great!

I have had my KitchenAid Professional Heavy Duty Series 5 Quart Stand Mixer for a while now. It is great! I make lots of cakes, cookies, muffins, etc. with it. It is rather large and heavy; however, I have a cabinet it fits perfectly in so I do not have to move it around alot. It mixes small and large amounts of ingredients very well. While it is mixing your ingredients, you can be doing something else in the kitchen! I like the fact you lift the bowl up to the mixing apparatus like professional mixers work. Another great benefit to this mixer is not only does it come with several different types of mixing tools, but you can also purchase additional attachments with which you can grid, slice, shred, etc. I really like the stainless steel bowl. It is great for other uses besides just mixing. Cleanup is very easy with this mixer too. This mixer cost a little more than your average stand mixer; however, it is worth it if you do alot of heavyduty baking!

A Great Mixer but not my fave

This is the mixer I own currently, and I really wish I hadn't given up my 4.5 quart Kitchenaid because I prefer the other one. However, I still like this one and it is definitely better than having no Kitchenaid mixer! The things I dislike about this mixer are (1)I don't like the crank to move the bowl up or down from the paddle/whisk. If anything is next to the mixer I have to make sure nothing is blocking the crank. (2) I prefer the mixer where the bowl screws in the bottom as it stays in place better. With this mixer, the bowl tends to come loose if it's mixing something "heavy" (like bread dough) so I have to stand there and hold it in place. Annoying! (3) The slowest setting on this mixer is a little faster than is ideal for kneading bread (which I do a lot). So while it still does a great job (and holds a little more) I prefer the 4.5 quart!

Mixing Performance
The lowest setting is still a little high for bread dough, but works great for everything else!

this mixer is amazing

from Bedford, TX

Comments about KitchenAid Professional HD Series 5-Quart Stand Mixer KG25H3X:

My husband got this from his parents for christmas about 5 years ago bc he is a professional chef and we do alot of baking and this mixer is one of the most used appliances we have. We don't know what we would do with out it

Mixing Performance
We make all kinds of bread and cheesecakes and alot of those can be really tough on a mixer especially trying to get the bread dough to window pane consistency, sometimes over 10 minutes running straight or more and it gets everything perfect.

I do most of my dishes by hand and I have to say this is one of the easiest things I have to wash. Everything just wipes off as if ot had been soaking for hours.

It is rather heavy but to me that seems to help keep it on the counter pretty well when we are using for really tough projects like bread and cheesecakes.

I am very hard on my appliances, I've broken at least 3 hand mixers, but this mixer is going strong after 5 yr.s

Best Kitchen Appliance

Comments about KitchenAid Professional HD Series 5-Quart Stand Mixer KG25H3X:

My kitchenaid mixer is something I use every day. It has a really great motor, and is large enough to make 4 loaves of bread at a time. I don't know what I would do without this mixer - it is a huge help every day with baking and even just to shred chicken, mix dinner ingredients, etc. Love this product.

A Great Mixer but not my fave

from Venice, FL

• Mixing Performance:

I can always count on my KitchenAid

Comments about KitchenAid Professional HD Series 5-Quart Stand Mixer KG25H3X:

It works beyond my expectations. I have a number of attachments and use them regularly. I love my KitchenAid Mixer

Mixing Performance
I have never been disappointed with the results from my mixer.

Cleaning is simple.

though it is heavy it is very easy to use.

I love the look of my mixer. It adds another touch of class to my kitchen.

I have had this unit for more then 6 years. I have never had any trouble with it or any attachments.

amazing

Comments about KitchenAid Professional HD Series 5-Quart Stand Mixer KG25H3X:

A bakers' dream...who wouldn't want this mixer. I sure wish i had one. I borrowed my cousin's mixer for weeks for making cookies, cakes and other goodies. I've always hand mixed my baking treats, but my carpal tunnel is obviously going to get worse especially years of hand mixing everything I baked from making treats for my bf, family, friends to special occasions. So based on my experience with my cousin's mixer...it was definitely a time saver and definitely saves my wrists from getting worse. I love this mixer. Definitely would recommend to family and friends. And definitely wished I had one or more. I will love to get one in the future and teach my baby girl when she gets older how to bake with the best mixer. She'll be my little helper hehe. I love that they have so many colors to choose from for the mixers. I love that it's easy to use, easy to wash and not noisy when its mixing. It makes you want them in every color.

Mixes smoothly and perfectly

Beautifully designed

KitchenAid Professional HD Series 5-Quart Stand Mixer

from Lincoln, NE

Comments about KitchenAid Professional HD Series 5-Quart Stand Mixer KG25H3X:

I have wanted to purchase one for many years after friends and family have told me how great they are. I finally found a great deal that also included a pasta roller with the purchase. So far I am very impressed. I have only had the blender for a couple of months and I am not sure how I did anything without it. The mixer has great power and has a speed to fit all of your needs. It is very easy to clean up as well. I can't wait to purchase more attachments. This is a must have for any kitchen.

Mixing Performance
Have had excellent performance no matter what I am mixing or kneading. It performs above all other mixers. I have used it for kneading dough and mixing anything from cakes to cookies.

Super Easy to clean. Stainless steel bowl is great.

Bowl fits in tightly and is very easy to use. Easy to change attachments.

Design is very modern and large selection of colors to fit any kitchen.

Seems very durable. Some mixers the attachments are easily bent. With the mixer they are very solid and I am not sure what you would have to do to bend them.

A workhorse that lasts

Comments about KitchenAid Professional HD Series 5-Quart Stand Mixer KG25H3X:

I have had my Kitchenaid stand mixer for almost 20 years. I started out as a new bride, using the mixer only occasionally for cookies or bread baking. As our family has grown, I use it more and more. I use my machine at least four times each week. It makes bread dough for me, cakes, cookies, mashed potatoes, whipped cream, and more. It replaced my mom's old Oster mixer, which was a disaster. The orbital beater works so much better than two separate beaters.
I also have a meat grinder and puree attachment. The meat grinder is only used a couple of times per year. When I do use it, I'm happy to have it. The puree attachment is awesome when I get a load of fresh produce. I've used it to make jams, apple butter, pear butter, and tomato sauce. It is awesome.

Mixing Performance
This machine will mix anything, even home made marshmallows, which are incredibly tough.

I am able to clean the majority of the machine very easily. There are a couple of little spots on the lift arm that are a challenge to get clean.

My boys (10 and 15) have no problem using my Kitchenaid mixer. It is very simple to use.

The clean design looks good in any kitchen.

Still going strong after 18 years of use. What more can you ask for?

• Mixing Performance:

Amazing machine, makes quick work of all of my baking goals.

from Annville, PA

Comments about KitchenAid Professional HD Series 5-Quart Stand Mixer KG25H3X:

Love the durability and power of this mixer. Use is for everything from whipping heavy cream, making cakes, cheesecakes and starting dough. My only complaint would be that I would love a slightly lower setting. When incorporating dry to wet ingredients I often get a cloud of ingredients coming up from the mixing bowl.

Mixing Performance
Mixer does not slow or delay no matter what I have had in the bowl.

I put my stainless steel bowl in the dishwasher, I recommend had washing the attachments.

The mixing blade or paddle reach all areas of the bowl.

Have not had any issues with my Kitchen Aid and there are countless hours of use on it already.

Excellent Product

Comments about KitchenAid Professional HD Series 5-Quart Stand Mixer KG25H3X:

This product is great for heavy use. I have been using this for several years now and it works like magic even for recipes that call for dough that is firm. This is almost a professional qualify machine and cleaning is a breeze. The splash guard is also made of sturdy plastic and is heavy duty. The parts come out really easy and the mixing bowl is also very sturdy. The user manual is also very detailed and gives you all the information you need. The product warranty is also nice if you experience any problems. Additional attachments are also very useful like the meat grinder and makes it an all in one machine.

Best investment ever!

from Lancaster, NY

Comments about KitchenAid Professional HD Series 5-Quart Stand Mixer KG25H3X:

I always wanted a stand mixer but the prices are a little out of my range. I asked for this for Christmas and have been using it every other day ever since! The Kitchen Aid Professional HD Series 5-Quart Stand Mixer is fantastic for everyone that loves to cook and bake! I like to make homemade pizza crust, cakes, and breads. This stand mixer is awesome for it! I will never use another brand of mixer again! It is very well made. It is heavy and durable. It is easy to clean. I see myself using this for years to come! I definitely recommend this.

Mixing Performance
I was stunned at how fast and thoroughly everything was mixed!

It cleans up in only a few minutes with warm water and a cloth.

It doesn't have alot of settings or buttons. It is very easy to use!

It has a traditional design. I like it that by moving a lever on the side you can lift the head and tilt it back in order to remove the bowl or put it back into place.

It seems to be very durable. It is the heaviest stand mixer I have come across.