Other Mixers:

KitchenAid Pro Series 5-Quart Stand Mixer

Pros

Cons

• Mixing Performance:

The last mixer I'll ever buy

This is a wonderful mixer. I use it for standard baking, candy making and for heavy duty uses like kneading bread. It is strong and extremely versatile. The whisk is an especially nice attachment for adding air and fluff as you would whipping cream or making meringue. I have had this mixer for years. Family members have used my mixer while visiting me and later bought one. I have the food processing attachments, but I only use them for applesauce. For more regular uses, I think it is too much hassle to attach them for use and then clean them, but I feel this way about most other kinds of food processors as well.

The mixer itself is a heavy piece of equipment. It doesn't slide easily and it sits on the counter when not in use. Some people want clear counters. I have seen nice custom drop down shelves that swing under the counter top and disappear, but this is costly.

The pouring shield has been redesigned since I bought my mixer. The spout is taller. This may help with the mess that sometimes occurs while adding ingredients.

Good but blades don't reach the bottom

I grew up with my mom's kitchen aid mixer. It was fantastic. She had the kind where the top of it tilts up and away from the bowl at an angle for you to remove and attach the blades. The bowl just kind of sits at the bottom.

I decided that when I got married, I was going to get the professional mixer because I was 'serious' cookie maker. We registered for the big professional mixer and no one bought it. So we saved our gift cards and got it on discount after our wedding.

I was so excited to use my new mixer. I put all the right ingredients in the bowl, put the mixing blade on there, and set it to go. I'd watch and watch and it would mix and fling that blade all around the bowl. Unfortunately, there was still fresh flour or stuff at the bottom of the bowl.

I've noticed it time and again with repeated recipes, no matter what the blade (whisk, dough hook or beater) there's some mystery area at the bottom of the bowl that just isn't touched.

Even when trying to whisk egg whites to fluffly, there's a bit at the bottom that aren't mixed up.

I made bread yesterday and tried to knead it with the hook. Sure enough, didn't reach the bottom.

Also, this one you hook the book onto this u shaped hook that comes out from the stand. Then push the bowl really hard to lock it to the stand. Then the bowl moves up and down closer to the blade. The top stays put.

This makes it a bit more difficult to remove the blade, even in the bowl lowered position, when there is food in the bowl. I wish this model allowed the top of the machine to swing up and away from the bowl like the smaller model.

Great power, poor design.

Love my Kitchen aid mixer!

Comments about KitchenAid Pro Series 5-Quart Stand Mixer:

I love my Kitchen Aid mixer and am so happy to have one. It has so many more functions than my last one and looks so pretty doing its job!

Mixing Performance
This mixer does a great job. The speeds are great options and the paddles and attachments all do a great job for their intended purpose.

Very easy to clean. Sometimes some gunk does get into the area where the attachment meets the base and this is hard to clean, but everything else is easy to clean.

Very easy to figure out and use. I don't think I've looked at the manual once and I have never had a problem.

Beautiful design. This is something I am happy to have on my counter. I love the various colors which it comes in which makes it easy to accessorize my kitchen as well!

Very durable and meant to last a long time. And since it comes with the Kitchen Aid name, you can trust it. I had a problem with the quality of one of the paddles when I bought it and opened the package and was able to get a replacement part for free.

Amazing!!!!

Comments about KitchenAid Pro Series 5-Quart Stand Mixer:

This is the best mixer I have ever worked with!

Mixing Performance
The mixing performance is just amazing! It mixes very well and is very easy to use! You can adjust the speed with a slide of a little clip, and it is amazing at making sure everything is the way you want it! Plus with the shield thing that goes over the top, it prevents splattering!

It is pretty easy to clean, but it is pretty heavy. But otherwise, cleaning isn't that hard because you can take off any parts you want to!

It is super easy to use. All you need to do is put in the ingredients you want, and select the speed you want, then well-la! It's doing it for you! And then when you are all done, wash it and put it away!

I love the look of this mixer. Its just so...professional! It is also very easy to store in a kitchen!

This is well built! I have never had problems with clogging or anything like that from a thick mixture! This mixer can mix concrete! (speaking metaphorically)

• Mixing Performance:

a game-changer in the kitchen

Comments about KitchenAid Pro Series 5-Quart Stand Mixer:

I use this mixer for a little bit of everything - mixing bread/cookie/cake/pizza crust dough, shredding cooked chicken, mixing sauces, etc.

Mixing Performance
my only complaint is that the very bottom of the bowl isn't touched by the mixers, so there is a layer of food that isn't incorporated. Not a big deal since a quick stir of the spatula solves the problem, but still annoying.

• Mixing Performance:

I Can't Live Without This!

from Mobile, AL

Comments about KitchenAid Pro Series 5-Quart Stand Mixer:

My husband bought this for me for Christmas two years ago and I don't know what I did before I had this! I love to bake so it's mixed many batches of cupcakes, cakes and cookies and also lots of breads and pizza doughs! The bowl is big enough to handle large jobs and it can easily be taken on and off making it very easy to clean and handle. All the attachments it comes with work perfectly and I love how the dough hook makes perfect breads. I have put this mixer through a lot these last two years and it has stood up to everything I have tried. I even use it to shred chicken for chicken salads and other recipes. I also bought one of the slicing attachments that attaches to the top of the mixer and I love it also. It easily shreds cheeses and other vegetables making cooking my favorite recipes easy and quick! Overall, this is an amazing workhorse which make large and small recipes a cinch, holds up wonderfully and completely eases the burden and workload of being in the kitchen!

• Mixing Performance:

A product to keep for a lifetime!

from Bonney Lake, WA

Comments about KitchenAid Pro Series 5-Quart Stand Mixer:

I love this mixer, it's durable enough to last a lifetime and as much use as I get out of it I think it completely justifies the price tag.

Mixing Performance
This mixer can do it all and it does it with ease. I can use this mixer to make banana bread and it will do it all from mashing the bananas to mixing all the ingredients. I love the variations of speeds as well.

Cleanup is a breeze with this machine, you can detach everything and wash it in the sink and then wipe the machine down.

I did have trouble getting the bowl on and off the first few times I used it but once I figured it out it was no longer a problem and I could get the bowl on and off in seconds. Other than that the machine could not be any easier to use.

I love the design, its suitable for any kitchen and I really love the bowl lift.

I know this mixer will last for years, although it is a bit heavy, it's because it's well built and incredibly durable.

• Mixing Performance:

Must have in the kitchen!

Comments about KitchenAid Pro Series 5-Quart Stand Mixer:

I have been wanting the kitchen aid stand mixer ever since I got married! I have been spending a lot of time in the kitchen cooking and baking my husband his favorite meals! My birthday was around the corner so it was the perfect time to ask him for one! He ended up surprising my with one on my birthday! He bought me the Empire Red color to match our red and black kitchen! Let me say that this mixer makes my kitchen colors come together very well! It looks great on my kitchen counter when not it use! This mixer has been saving me a lot or time and effort in the kitchen! I don't know how people do with out it! I make cupcakes and cakes in matter of minutes! It is super powerful that it can mix up egg whites for meringue cookies in less than 5 minutes! That's how fast and powerful it is! I also use it to mix up clump free mashed potatoes! You can seriously use it for anything and everything that you can possibly think of! If you are like me and you bake, and or cook a lot then you must have it! This will be your biggest helper in the kitchen that you will ever need!

• Mixing Performance:

A very good mixer for high volume baking

from Mooresville, NC

Comments about KitchenAid Pro Series 5-Quart Stand Mixer:

I have this KitchenAid as well as an Artisan model. I love the fact that the bowl lift up to the mixer, rather than the tilt head. I love the big bowl. I am able to mix a lot more than when I am using the Artisan. I use this for when I am baking for a lot of people, for my church for instance. I also use it to make bread, which is awesome! It is a huge help in the kitchen! The only problem I could foresee for others is that it is a tall mixer. So, make sure it fits under your cabinets!

• Mixing Performance:

Why Didn't I Get This Sooner???

from Iliff, CO

Comments about KitchenAid Pro Series 5-Quart Stand Mixer:

Got one of these lovely mixers over the holidays. I got it at nearly 55% off the normal retail, which makes me love it even more. This mixer is the prefect size at 5 quarts for everything I need it to do for my family of four. I haven't used it for tons of things but I have used it to make icing, mix cakes, and whip egg whites. It has done a lovely job on everything I throw at it.
My old mixer always seemed to never have enough power for my thick icings. I have never had to take my KitchenAid over the 4 setting even for my thickest icings. I LOVE that it is so high powered and well made.
There are lots of attachments out there but make sure you buy the attachments made for this exact machine. Not all beaters or bowls will fit this 5 quart size. I found that I ABSOLUTELY wanted and needed the SideSwipe blade. It certainly reduces the number of times I have to stop and drop the bowl to scrape the sides when mixing.
This is prefect for any baker or cook out there. It is heavy duty and is a power house! I love this machine and can't wait to throw more things at it!
This machine is large for my small kitchen and low hanging cabinets but I don't mind. I love how it stands out and everyone sees it as they come into my kitchen. I LOVE being able to talk about it!

Mixing Performance
It does an amazing job on the things I have used it for. I have not tried kneading bread but I see no worries with that!

It is super easy to clean. The machine itself has slick surfaces which make wiping anything that may get on those surfaces very, very easy. The bowl is super easy to clean too. There are no weird edges, cervices, or lips to try to get clean. The beaters and blades can be harder to clean but what beaters aren't?

Super easy! My 4 year old son can attach the beaters, lift the bowl, and turn it on!

Nothing fancy it but it certainly looks great in this classic style.

This is an amazing heavy duty machine.

• Mixing Performance:

Tough enough for large batches!

Comments about KitchenAid Pro Series 5-Quart Stand Mixer:

After burning up 3 off brand stand mixers, I purchased this one as a Mothers Day gift to myself. I have a very large family of 6, and often have many friends of kids kicking about. I often make double or triple batches of our favorite recipes. This mixer holds up without so much as struggle. I was even able to make gingerbread cookie dough and divinity with no trouble. It sits on my counter top and it just as likely to be whipping potatoes, as mixing bread or whipping cream!

Fabulous power house

It wipes up easily, the bowl and beater go right into the dishwasher.

Easy switch, that even feels good in the hand.

Looks good. Has become a statement, and everyone who eats in our home has asked about it, even appliance repair men!

Too tough to kill!

A great mixer to have

from Austin, TX

Comments about KitchenAid Pro Series 5-Quart Stand Mixer:

I received this product for Christmas and we have already put it into use a handful of times. So far, it is easy to use and most importantly clean. You can tell that the quality of construction is high and the mixer is a very powerful one. I am a beginner when it comes to baking and even I think that it is pretty easy to use.

I am a beginner and so far, it has been really easy and straightforward. Instruction manual is easy to follow and there are a lot of online tools that you can use too.

Very nice design and color options. We have the stainless steel version and it looks great in our kitchen. I think it would make any kitchen look nice!