But, there's a newer version

See latest version

4.9

Pros

Cons

• Mixing Performance:

KitchenAid Pro 450 stand mixer makes life in the kitchen easier!

I got my Kitchen Aid stand mixer as a Christmas gift last year and absolutely love it! I am not one that loves cooking, but I do a lot of cooking for my family. This mixer makes everything so easy and the clean up isn't as complicated as I thought it would be. I use the mixer for cakes, cookie mixture, bread, pizza dough, just anything that requires mixing.

This isn't the top of the line, or most expensive stand mixer KitchenAid makes, but it is still pricey. I think it is well worth the money spent for the product. You can purchase different attachments, which can get pricey also, but again, well worth it!

I don't have a lot of cabinet space, but I have made room for this to stay on the cabinet instead of having to store and unstore it. It was just a lot easier for me to give up a little space for the convenience of a mixer at the ready because it's not a lightweight mixer.

I would recommend the Kitchen Aid mixer to anyone that wants to save time and effort in the kitchen!

Not for large family baking.

If your a person who will use these everyday and make food for more than 4 people this mixer is not for you. It died within one year.

Cannot...Read complete review

Mixing Performance
Cannot handle doubled or tripled recipes.

Food gets stuck around the top of the mixer for large loads. No way to keep it off.

Very easy one button operation. When you start the mixer without the shield and it is dry ingredients you will get a lot of flour all over the place.

Only lasted 1 year. Lowest speed will still sling flour. Need a lower speed to start things. Gears are plastic and will burn out quickly.

Only lasted one year with 2 times a week use. I make a lot of breads so it did not last long.

So easy to use!

Comments about KitchenAid Pro Series 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer:

I never thought that I would own a Kitchen Aid because of the price, but we received one as a wedding gift and I love it! I now make everything in it. Mashed potatoes, brownies, cookies, bread! Anything I can think of that mixes goes into our Kitchen Aid. I love the lever that lets you crank the bowl up or down. It fits perfectly under our kitchen cabinets.

Does a great job

from Bellflower, CA

Comments about KitchenAid Pro Series 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer:

I got this for a present last year and was super happy upon opening it. The color is great and looks really nice. It is a big mixer and I don't always love to bake, but this thing makes it easier. I can just put all the ingredients in and mix it without worrying about a bunch of different bowls. It makes less of a mess and I'm so happy about that!
It is a little bulky, but luckily for me I have a decent sized kitchen and have room for it on my counter area.

Mixing Performance
It mixes really well. Of course there are better ones out there, but for me this is great. I do light baking, nothing fancy, and it does the job.

I hate cleaning things like this beacuse you have to take apart everything. It gets pretty messy.

Great to use. Just put everything in the bowl and mix. Done!

Looks great and fancy and professional. Really like the color and design of this mixer.

Holds up really well. Is heavy and feels durable.

my favorite kitchen product

Comments about KitchenAid Pro Series 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer:

The KitchenAid Pro 450 Series 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer KSM450 makes baking a joy. I find it very convenient to be able to add ingredients, one at a time, while have the mixer do the work. I enjoy the features of adjusting the speed, as well as using the various attachments for baking needs.

While I primarily use the stand for baking, I also enjoy using it for things such as shredding chicken. To do this take a cooked, warm chicken breast. put it into the stand mixer with the paddle attachment and put on medium speed.

i find this mixer very useful, and it was a great investment. One down side, it is i find it very heavy. I do not move it much, but when I do need to take it out of my kitchen, it is very inconvenient to do so.

As far as cleaning, the bowl and attachments remove easily and are easily cleaned with dish soap and water. I would highly recommend investing in the kitchen aid stand mixer.

• Mixing Performance:

This product is awesome, and easy to use.

Comments about KitchenAid Pro Series 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer:

I just recently used this product. I asked a friend if she had a hand mixer and she gave me the Kitchen Aid Pro 450. Although somewhat heavy, I took to my place of residence, where my daughter was waiting - so that we could begin baking and mixing up desserts. She was so happy when she seen what kind of mixer I had in my hand because she had already had the opportunity to use one. She said yes this is even better. So she began mixing up her ingredients to make a cheese cake. The cheese hadn't set out so that it could soften up some so when we began mixing the cream cheese was balling up in the wire mixer. We thought we had messed up for sure but instead we got a spoon and spooned the cheese out, back into the bowl, and switched mixers the triangular shaped one and it saved the day. Smoothed out the cheese clumps and mixed the ingredients perfectly. After seeing that I was ready - so I took down some cake mix and even made a chocolate. It was great since my wrists hurt alot, to just stand and watch is smooth out. It's a great product and hope to purchase one of my own one day soon.

Best Mixer!!!

from Paso Robles , CA

Comments about KitchenAid Pro Series 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer:

This mixer is worth the money that you spend on it! What I like about it is 1 how easy it it to mix things into it. You just add whatever you are baking and set it to the right speed and you can walk away and not have to stand there and watch it. I like how you don't have to stir it or stand there with a a hand mixer and the fact that noting sticks to it is great.

Mixing Performance
It mixes everything evenly and fast.

So far for me everything I have used in the bowl comes out really easy and all you have to do is run warm water on it and it's clean. I do use soap and water after I get my cakes in the oven. But even then it's really easy to clean and dry.

Really easy you can just throw in everything you need to do or one at a time and walk away for a min or 2 and it's done mixing.

The Mixer is a little heavy but at the same time it's not too heavy. The mixing bowl part however is really Durable. I have not dropped it or anything like that but so far so good.

Wonderful kitchen tool!

from Granbury, TX

Comments about KitchenAid Pro Series 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer:

So easy to use and clean up is a snap! I use mine at least once every other week and I've had it about a year. Very durable. PLUS - attachments wash well in dishwasher!!

Mixing Performance
Sometimes my ingredients get stuck around the very bottom grove of the bowl but I am able to scoop it up and it mixes in perfectly! In my opinion it seems to mix better than then hand mixer I used in the past and I don't have to sit there and hold it to get the job done. Ingredients in, turn it on and do other things.

Dishwasher! I don't remember the recommendations from the company but it's working wonderfully for me!

If I could just remember to set the tilt/non tilt switch IT would work as designed :)

The only thing I would suggest is looking into how to make the bowl more even on the bottom. There may be a way to correct the sticking problem, but who am I to know. I just bake with it, I'm no designer! This is definitely NOT a deal breaker for me!

I've had this product for a year and I have not had any problems. My mother in law also has one which has held up for several years.

• Mixing Performance:

Guarantee you'll love it!

Comments about KitchenAid Pro Series 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer:

The KitchenAid Pro Mixer is one that always catches your eye whenever you see it and you always talk about how much you want it and how you wish that it wasn't so expensive. I know this because I was in that same exact position. I have had this mixer for about 10 years now and I have never had a single problem with it. Although it is very expensive, you really do get what you pay for! Not only does it look amazing in any kitchen, it can literally mix anything! I am easily able to triple cookie recipes without ever having to worry about the mixer getting stuck or having trouble with the motor. It is a bit loud, but that is to expected! In addition to it's incredible mixing power, as I said before I have had mine for almost 10 years and it's still running like it's brand new! If you are the type of person who has been eyeing this mixer, I can guarantee that you will not be disappointed with it!

Hands down BEST mixer!

from Saint Paul, MN

Comments about KitchenAid Pro Series 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer:

BEST mixer I've ever had the pleasure of using. This works for everything, and I mean everything. Mixing mashed potatoes, mixing cookie dough, making frosting, beating eggs, everything. The settings are incredibly easy to use (no manual needed!), and the ease of changing mixer heads is fantastic. I've never found anything as easy to change the head from a standard mixer to a whisk in seconds.

Mixing Performance
BEST PRODUCT! There are several power settings, so you can choose slow or lightning-quick speeds. The mixing power is incredible. I got used to making mashed potatoes in this & it mixes it quickly & the potatoes are so creamy. I went to my grandma's house to make mashed potatoes for thanksgiving last year and had to do it by hand. I'll never underestimate the power of this mixer again. You'll wish you could bring it to every family event!

The heads are removable & dishwasher safe, which make them seriously easy to clean. The base is a little harder, if you get anything like egg or flour caught in a crack, it's difficult to get it clean again.

So easy to use. Attach the head of choice, put the ingredients in the bowl, turn the lock on, select the speed. Could not be any easier.

Perfection!

I've had this for years and it's never failed me. Best quality mixer you'll find. Period.

• Mixing Performance:

Very appealing red and silver mixer that will make mixing easy.

Comments about KitchenAid Pro Series 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer:

Well made mixer,makes beating eggs mixing recipes a real joy to do with this easy to use machine.Had a fun time creating dishes by hitting afew buttons.Many options on this simple to remove parts mixer with many attachments.You can not go wrong if you purchase this paticular mixer,this will put you on the right track to making your life very much easier.If you pass on this is like passing on one of the best utensils a kitchen so desperatly needs.

Takes 5 minutes to clean and not much to clean so you can spend more time doing other things.You will be very please from all the time you save.

Easy to use by taking it apart really easy.Cleaning is simple just takes 5 minutes and your done.

Really nice looking beautiful red and silver colored mixer makes you want to use it much more than your old dull looking mixers.

wont break so easy and will taking countless amounts of uses and will not rust or tarnish.Easy to wash and remove parts.

The Best!!!

from Rancho Cordova, CA

Comments about KitchenAid Pro Series 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer:

I do not own this product (Mixer) but I will someday. Just want to give my opinion on the KitchenAid Pro 450. It's the best around. I borrow my Mother's when I need to do a lot of Christmas baking. I make about 10 different kinds of cookies and beings that I have so much arthritis in my hands, this is great for kneading, mixing etc. and leave's my hand free so that I do not cause anymore pain that they are in already. I am hoping to own one of these someday with all the survey's and Points that I rack up. Thank you KitchenAid. This product is highly recommened.