Other Cooking Tools & Gadgets:
KitchenAid
KitchenAid Manual Can Opener

KitchenAid Manual Can Opener

Cons

Better than any mechanical can opener available.

I think our KitchenAid Manual Can Opener was a wedding gift but I am not certain. It is just that I do not ever remember buying one or my wife getting one so I figured it had to some kind of gift. I hope it came with something else because by itself it is a weird gift. Anyway I like it much better than any of those mechanical things that I refuse to buy one. I do not know why my wife wants one, I keep telling her that this manual one works great and no matter how big the can is you can open it no problem. Mechanical ones just can not handle really big cans wheter it be length wise or width wise. You probably can get a manual one that is cheaper than KitchenAId that will almost as good a job but you only need to buy one and it will be good for life so go ahead and cough up the cash for this instead besides you know you need it to open those industrial sized cans of diced tomatoes with habaneros. Well they might not exists but you get the general idea. I would of said hot sauce but they never put that in cans. Heck I like it so much I even open the cans with pop tops with just because I can.

Not durable enough for the price

I have purchased this can opener three different times because it has stopped working. I eventually sent one of them in for a refund from the manufacturer but haven't heard anything back yet. I want this particular can opener because it matches the rest of my Kitchen Aid stuff, but it has not been nearly up to the quality that I expect from Kitchen Aid. I am very disappointed in the trouble I have had to go to for something so trivial, but something that I need on a daily basis.

Terrible can opener...

from PA

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

Cons

• Bad turning mechanism
    • Difficult To Use
    • Flimsy Construction

Comments about KitchenAid Manual Can Opener:

I thought Kitchen aid made good products; however, this product doesn't cut any can that i have! The turning handle would not turn to cut through the can (as on a you-tube video I watched). Very disappointed. I had multiple people try to use this opener and no one could get it to function properly. In the end, the cans looked like they were gnarled by my German Shepherd!

I thought I was paying for quality

from Ontario, Canada

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Comfortable Grip

Comments about KitchenAid Manual Can Opener:

When it worked properly it was very easy to use and didn't require much effort, even with arthritic hands. However, this is the second one I've purchased and has stopped functioning after less than a year. The first one lasted a month so I just assumed it was made on the night shift. No more Kitchen Aid products for me.

easy to use

Comments about KitchenAid Manual Can Opener:

I have never owned an electric can opener, so I always use my Kitchen Aid Manual Can Opener. The can opener is really simple to use. You just pull apart the handles, and place the blades along the inside and outside of the can. You turn the handle, and the lid detaches from the container. The only thing I don't like is that you have to reach in the can to get the lid off, so you have to be careful to not cut your fingers.

This can opener is really sturdy. I have been using it for years, and I never had a problem with anything breaking on the manual can opener. I even keep it in a drawer with a lot of other utensils, and it does not break. You don't really need to clean the can opener, but sometimes I just wipe it off with a wet paper towel.

I don't really wash this, I just wipe it off with a wet paper towel or dish rag.

I keep this in a drawer with other utensils. I'm not the most careful with it, and it definitely hits off other items in my drawer, but I never had a problem with it breaking.

Fantastic can opener

Comments about KitchenAid Manual Can Opener:

I am very impressed with my KitchenAid Manual Can Opener. I purchased this product after I did not have good luck with my OXO can opener. I have been more than impressed with this KitchenAid product. First, the handle is very ergonomic and the design really allows me to get a good grip on the can opener when I am using it. My hand does not slip off of the handles when I am using it and the ergonomic design allows me to maintain a steady grip on the can opener as I am opening the can. Second, the blade and turning mechanism grip the edge of the can very well. The only time the blade slips is when the can is slightly dented around the rim. When this happens, I am always able to easily reposition the can opener to finish opening the can. Finally, I like that this can opener does not create a sharp edge on the lid. This is a very important factor for me as I do not want to risk slicing my finger open as I am pouring the contents out of the can. Overall, the KitchenAid Manual Can Opener is a great investment!

Heavy Duty

Comments about KitchenAid Manual Can Opener:

I received this can opener as a Christmas gift 3 years ago and I have to say, I really like it. It is heavy duty and considering the cheap, flimsy can openers I have had in the past, it is so nice to have a high-quality can opener for once. The only issue I am having with it now, is that it became a little rusty in some spots which has hindered its performance, which may be my fault by not cleaning it correctly. All in all, I would recommend this product to everyone I know.

Kitchen Aid Manual Can Opener is old but faithful.

from Fort Worth, Texas

Comments about KitchenAid Manual Can Opener:

Although I have an electric can opener, I still keep my Kitchen Aid Manual Can Opener in my kitchen drawer. It is the most durable and dependable can opener. If for some reason my electric can opener isn't working or the power is out I can still easily open a can with my Kitchen Aid Manual Can Opener. I have had this can opener for many years. The handles on this manual can opener are so handy and easy to hold in my hand to easily open a can. The handles are easy to grip as well. Sometimes the liquid from the cans make it difficult to open the can but these are safe and reliable. I can't see myself using another brand for my manual can opener. This can opener is easy for my 8 year old to use as well. She uses my manual can opener over the electric one. This manual can opener is great for beginners or expert cooks. It does take a little more work to operate than the electric ones but it gets the job done every time.

A Good Product, but Why Does It Cost So Much?

Comments about KitchenAid Manual Can Opener:

I don't know how many times our electric can openers have failed. Half the time they are "working" I can't even get them to open the can. Manual can openers are a much better option. From personal experience, KitchenAid makes the best one.

The rubber grips provide comfort while you bear down on the can. This may seem like a picky requirement; but after opening a dozens cans, you will really appreciate it. I find the blade on KitchenAid lines up more accurately with the inside rim of the can, then do the other brands I've tried. Each twist of the handle provides consistent force upon the objective. I would advise you to keep a KitchenAid manual can opener in your drawer at all times.

My only real gripe is the cost. I paid almost seventeen bucks at the local store. Why does this product cost so much? If you are in the market for a manual can opener, I have two suggestions. First, buy a Kitchenaid; and second, try to find a deal online.

This product is pretty easy to clean, though food does sometimes get trapped in the mechanism.

I have yet to break one of these. Nothing dampens the blow of a high price tag more than a product that lasts.

KitchenAid knows their stuff; but; though this product is comfortable, I would have liked to see larger grips. If you have smalls hands, this will not bother you.

Not satisfied

from Orange Virginia

Comments about KitchenAid Manual Can Opener:

Unfortunately my experience with the kitchen aid can openers isn't good. I own two and they both no longer work properly ,which leaves me frustrated in the kitchen half the time. They worked good for a while but now neither of them will hardly open a can and ones handle is coming off.

Good Durable Can Opener

from wrightstown

Comments about KitchenAid Manual Can Opener:

I have a Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer and A Kitchen Aid Hand Mixer so when my old manual can opener broke I decided to give this one a try. I hate electric can openers as they take up too much room on my already small counter and this one you can store in the cabinet drawer. It is heavy and made well, very durable. I have it in red and that is the only color I saw so I do not know if it comes in other colors. The handle turns quickly and easily and it is not hard to open the can. Sometimes my fingers and hands are stiff I guess from getting older but I have no trouble using this can opener. It cleans up easily and you can put it in the dishwasher. It cost me about 12.00 in a kitchen outlet store which is discounted so I am not sure how much you will be able to find one for. The red handle is soft and easy on the hands and has a nice design. It is not flimsy or junky like some of the other ones I have had. This one should last you quite a long time.

Left or Ritght!

Comments about KitchenAid Manual Can Opener:

This product is a very good product to own. First, it is made by Kitchen Aid which is an amazing brand to own. Kitchen Aid has very sturdy, reliable products that last you a long time. Their products do not wear down after use, they are easily cleaned, and have very sleek designs. Best thing about this product is the fact that I am left handed and can use them. Does not matter what hand is dominant one will be happy!