4.1

4.1

Pros

Cons

• Comfort:

All encompassing set from a top rated brand.

Moving into a new apartment was a task initially as we were not sure what we needed. Only upon getting to the point that we needed something did we realize we were at a deficit. It was as if we were buying all types of things that did not necessarily fit our needs, but they simply got the job done then we no longer wanted to keep. For the kitchen we had this vision of red accents with stainless steel and quartz all around. Of course with finding just the pieces that did the job here and there, there was no real cohesion in our kitchen with we loved to be in the most. Once we found the kitchen aid knife set it was as if we would not need another kitchen tool (appliances set aside of course). we have found ourselves using these stainless steel knives each and every day, from cutting pork tenderloins to simply cutting fruit to toss in our salad. The only thing we have found ourselves wanting more of are the small knives along the base and another pair of these Kitchen-aid scissors. My husband and I use them not only for the kitchen, but also for projects around the house. Even with the amount of use they have been receiving, there has not been a nicked spot at all. These knives are beautiful and durable. All I would recommend is that you take great care of them and hand wash and dry due to the fact that they may rust easily.

good for starter set of knives

I got these knives to replace an old set i had that was missing a few knives. I found out after a few times of using them you have to make sure and sharpen them every time before using them for them to cut easily. Then after about a year of use some of the handles broke on the knives.So i was not happy to have to go replace the knife set after such a short time of having them. I would not buy this set again. This set would be good for some one who does not have to use them every day,but if you are in need of a set for every day use i say look for something different. I also found that when i used them to cut or chop something and my hand was wet the knife would slip and not cut properly.

Comfort
Fit in my hand well as long as my hand was dry they were good.

these work well if you make sure and sharpen them and don' have to use every day.

I feel they should have not broke after using them only for a year. I always thought kitchen aid was suppose to last a long time.

great knife set

Comments about KitchenAid Knife Set:

Since Kitchen Knives are so expensive, I knew when I got knives they would have to be ones that were going to be sturdy and last me a long time. I decided to get a KitchenAid Knife set, and I'm really glad I bought them. This knife set has all of the knives you could possibly want, plus a set of scissors that you can use in the kitchen. I also like that the block they are in is very nice so I am fine leaving it out on the counter. It looks very nice, and it's convenient to easily use any knife you might want.

These knives are really easy to wash, and I actually just put them in the top shelf of the dishwasher. I never had problems with any of the knives breaking or becoming too dull.

Like I said, these are a little expensive, but they're well worth the price. I plan to have them forever.

I love the design of the block that you keep the knives in. It looks nice enough to leave out on the kitchen counter.

• Comfort:

All encompassing set from a top rated brand.

• Comfort:

Ours broke after a year and half.

Comments about KitchenAid Knife Set:

I loved these knives until tonight when one broken in half while I was cutting a block of cheese. We have only owned them for a year and a half. We paid a good deal of money for them so I expected them to last a good deal. We never put them in the dishwasher and followed all the care instructions. Tonight, we were cutting a slice of cheese and one of the bigger knives broke right in half. There was no way to repair it. They have been great up until tonight.

Comfort
They are comfortable to hold and have a good variety of sizes. They look really nice as well. Ours have a black handle on them and are very comfortable to use.

They have always done a great job cutting fruits, veggies, meats, etc. The blades are strong and perform well.

This is where I am not pleased. We only owned them a year and a half and took great care of them. We never put them in the dishwasher and always kept them in the knife block. However, one of the better ones snapped in half at the handle. I don't think the durability lived up to the price.

I think they look really classy and don't take up too much room on the counter.

good for starter set of knives

Comfort
Fit in my hand well as long as my hand was dry they were good.

Very good knives

Comments about KitchenAid Knife Set:

I got these as a bridal shower present. Very strong, durable knives. I love the set, including the scissors and larger knives for chopping and meal prep. If you need a solid, basic set this is a good choice. Nothing very fancy about this set knife set though.

• Comfort:

Knives work very well for the price

from Colorado Springs, CO

Comments about KitchenAid Knife Set:

My wife and I registered for the kitchen aid knife set when we got married. I can't say that I have that many complaints about these knives and kitchen sheer. For the price, these knives are great. True you can get sharper knives that will probably last longer but you will pay much more for them. I worked as a butcher for eight years so I'm very picky about my knives being sharp all the time. This knife block does have a built in sharpener on it, but it doesn't sharpen the knives to any sharper than they were brand new, but it does keep an edge on the blades. I would recomend getting a better sharpener. These knives are much better than some other knife brands that I have used. These knives are solid and well built, not flimsy at all. They aren't supposed to be dishwasher safe, but if you have the heated dry option on your dishwasher turned on, they dry fast enough so the don't rust. Overall, good bang for you buck.

Nice Variety of Knives

from Manhattan, KS

Comments about KitchenAid Knife Set:

These knives are a nice wedding gift. At a mid range knife set and being kitchen aid we expected it to be a good set of knives. The sharpener that comes in the block is a nice addition but didn't find it sharpened the knives very well. My husband had to use a ceramic sharpener to sharpen the knives to the point where they were actually sharp enough to cut raw meat easily. The knives straight out of the box were not very sharp. There is a nice variety of knives so no need to buy extra knives in addition to this set. The wood block is nice and sturdy with a nice color. The knives have shown some rust starting on the tips of the knive but after sharpening it off have not seen it again. The scissors are not high quality but they do work for regular uses in the kitchen. I love using the Santoku knives for all my chopping and cutting needs. They work very well and the grips don't bother my hands at all when I have used them for long periods of time.

Kitchen Aid has a great Knives set

from Manchester, TN

Comments about KitchenAid Knife Set:

I was given this knife set for Christmas and so far I am very pleased with it. Let's begin by talking about the beauty of it. It looks great on my counter and it has a lot of knives in there while still appearing to be very streamlined. I like the look of each knife. I started chopping several types of veggies and there is a knife in there for each job. It looks really expensive but the price isn't too bad. I also think the scissors could have been a little nicer but for the price you can't really ask for more. I like that you can buy kitchen aid products at various retail stores and that there are so many options when it comes to colors. The block itself is very sturdy and seems like it will hold up for a long time. The knives were each really well wrapped and packaged so that none of them could be damaged or damage you. Everything seems very durable and overall it looks like a very expensive knives set!

Best cutlery set by far!!

from Reading, PA

Comments about KitchenAid Knife Set:

I received this Kitchenaid cutlery set for Christmas and I absolutely LOVE it!  I've had THREE different cutlery sets and this one is by far the best I have ever had!!  All of the pieces (knives and scissors) seem to be of excellent quality.  The knives are attractive and come in a nice, solid wood block.  Each piece is comfortable to hold and the sharpness of the blades make cutting even the toughest of meats very simple!!  There have been a few complaints about the food scissors, but of all the food scissors that I have had, I think these are the most "solid" and best cutting!

My only minor "con" would be that as nice as the wood block is, it seems BIG and somewhat bulky.  It takes up more room on my countertop than I would prefer, but it's not a big deal and it's worth it for the quality of the set.

I would highly recommend this product - it is definitely well worth the money!  A must have for any kitchen!

KitchenAide Knife set is great

from Saint Paul, MN

Comments about KitchenAid Knife Set:

I love my Kitchen Aide Knife set.  We received it as a wedding gift and I have been using for the past 5 years. The knives are sharp. It came with a sharpner and I have not had to use it yet.  They havn't gone dull like other knife sets I have had in the past.  I like how strong they are.  I honestly don't have any thing bad to say about this product.  The actual block itself is strong and durable.