Other Blenders:

KitchenAid Immersion Blender

Pros

Cons

• Versatility:

ALMOST replaced my blender!

This has "almost" replaced my blender. It makes me make more smoothies, purees, BETTER mashed potatoes, fluffier scrambled eggs, wonderful lump-free custard dishes, and more. In short: I love it as much as I thought I would. The one and ONLY complaint I have is that its made in China, and that's not to say that I'm against "the Chinese." I am only against the mistreatment of its people. I didn't know it was made in China when I bought it. My stand mixer is made in USA (apparently), so I figured the same for this. Nope. Other than that, its a product that is very very useful.

Blending Power
I've only used settings 1 and 2.... AND IT GOES TO 9. UNFATHOMABLE...

Versatility
Works for everything I hoped it would do. I've even pureed chickpeas for chocolate frosting... it was harder but it did the job.

SO MUCH better than a blender. I prefer this to that any day!

Simple, easy. the knob on the top adjusts your speed. You put the "halves" together, plug it in, and you're ready to go!

The only things I would change is the "button" is a rubber piece where all your fingers rest. I have long-ish nails and if they get too long they tend to press the rubber and that makes me nervous. I don't want to hurt the thing. The other "nit-pick" thing is that the halves sometimes take a few times to snap together. Maybe its just mine, or it needs more break-in time, but I've found it takes a couple tries to get it together sometimes. Other times is happily pops in without any trouble.

I don't know about durability. It seems well made HOWEVER since seeing the "made in China" label on the bottom of the box... my confidence has plummeted.

KitchenAid Variable Speed Handheld Blender is just 'ok'.

I received the KitchenAid Variable Speed Handheld Blender as a Christmas gift from my husband. Yes, he did survive giving me a kitchen gadget for Christmas. After the initial shock wore off, I thought I would try it out and see if it was a good fit. I own several KitchenAid appliances so I was anxious to see if it measured up.

My color was red, and it matched all of my other KitchenAid red. It didn't fade and is still pretty. It has no other attachments, although you may buy them. I liked the idea that you can take the arm off and wash it. It is very powerful and it worked great. I was very impressed at first and found lots of uses for it. Then things changed.

I had a baby last year and came up with the great idea of mixing formula with it. I whipped up the first quart and noticed that there were black 'chunks' floating around in my formula. I dumped it out and tried again. It was then that I figured out the chunks were coming from the mixer.I had been very scrupulous about keeping this clean. I would whip it in hot soapy water on high speed, take it off, and then hand wash it. I always inspected it as I rinsed it.

When I took a closer look, I noticed that the blade is not one piece with the arm. There is a plastic, non removable, 'seal' that is around it. I took a toothpick, ran it under the edge, and you would not BELIEVE the gross stuff that came out. Then I ran it in hot clear water...more chunks. I continued this and it took 3 or 4 tries to get water without chunks.

While the mixer was powerful, I shudder to think how many times I used this in soups and other food items and didn't realize the chunks were dispersed in my food. Yuck. This blender has been relegated to making non-edible things such as soap!

Great hand blender

Comments about KitchenAid Immersion Blender:

I have had this hand blender for about 6 years now and it is still going strong. I do not use this everyday but I use it at least every other week. I studied abroad in Italy and this was one appliance that we used all the time in my cooking internship. I loved it then and I love it now. One of my favorite ways to use this is when I am making soup. This hand blender makes blending soup so easy! I love not having to transfer to it a big blender. I also love the tupperware that came with this hand blender. It is the perfect size to make whipped cream in! I also use this to makes other foods like crepes (again the tupperware is the perfect size) and hummus.

Blending Power
This thing is pretty powerful. I have never not been able to blend something.

The best feature I think is how easy it is to clean. You just throw the attachment into the dishwasher! It doesn't get much better :)

I have had this for 6 years and no sign of it giving out yet.

• Versatility:

Perfect for on-the-go protein shake mixing!

Comments about KitchenAid Immersion Blender:

We got this mixing tool as a gift for my wedding and I must say that my husband has been in love with it ever since! He is constantly working out and drinking protein shakes and smoothies and this mixer is perfect for his bag. The blending power is great and he has never had any issues while mixing up his drinks. It is very versatile and the light weight makes it easy for him to take with him, even if he only has a little bit of extra room in his bag. The best part is that this little mixer is easy to clean and makes it much easier for him. Even if he is somewhere without a sink he can pour some water over it and put it back in his bag to be washed later. it is so simple to use and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out how to turn it on and off and figure out how it works. So far it has proven to be very durable and has been able to withstand the beating my husband imposes on it being carried around in his bag. I love this product and so does my husband! Makes a great gift for that fitness guru!

great hand blender

Comments about KitchenAid Immersion Blender:

I received the kitchen aid immersion blender (KHB100) as a gift. Initially, I wasn't sure what to use this for, and it sat unopened in our pantry for almost a year. Around the holidays, I was making mashed potatoes, as well as many other side dishes. I went to grab my normal go to utensils (masher, wooden spoon, etc), and due to the holiday season cooking, they were all dirty and the dishwasher was going. I started to panic and looked around for something that I could use instead.

I found this immersion blender, and I tried it out. It was a wonderful life-saving device!
It allowed me to quickly mash the potatoes and blend in the remaining ingredients, effectively. now, i look forward to using this blender each holiday season for mashing my potaotes, and other dishes. I am currently researching way to use i more since it has been so effective and easy to use.

this product is very durable and has lasted a long time!

KitchenAid blender

from New Jersey

Comments about KitchenAid Immersion Blender:

I just recently gave one of these as a gift as this blender is great to have. First, it is so easy to clean. It takes up virtually no room in your closet and it great for may different uses. The appearance of this blender also is very sleek and up to date to go well with your other appliances but much more than that I feel is the way in which it works and its durability. This product has it all. I use mine fir many different usages. If your a mom with a little one this is great to use to quickly make baby food which is so healthy and inexpensive. for someone who like to bake or just for the holidays baking this blender does a fantastic job of making puree for fresh applesauce, sweet potatoes, carrots, turnips, and so much more! You get such a fresh taste to all your foods to serve and so healthy too! I really like mine as this time of the year in fall with so many apples it is great for making fresh applesauce for pork chops and fresh applesauce cake or apple pie with some puree mixed in.

Love it!

Comments about KitchenAid Immersion Blender:

I have been on the hunt for small easy blender for my daily smoothies. My friend recommended this for me and I have been in love ever since. At first, I didn't think it was all that because it was so small, I was very very wrong. It's extremely easy to use, and even easier to clean. The blending power is great, I only use it on fruit so I'm not sure about any other kind of food, it all blends very nicely though. I knew this product was great from the start because I love this brand, almost everything in my kitchen is kitchen aid, they really know what they're doing. Since my friend recommended this product to me, I thought it only made sense if I shared my review on it as well, I highly highly recommend this product, as I've done many times before. So far, all of my friends that have purchased this product, love it just as much as I do. I haven't heard a bad review so far. Highly recommended! I hope you enjoy this product as much as I have!!

The quick hand mixer.

Comments about KitchenAid Immersion Blender:

I like it. Its a nice innovative way to blend up things in a hurry without the setup of more conventional means.

Blending Power
It sure can take apart bananas, zucchini and cake batter but I wouldn't use it on ice or carrots.

Versatility
Quick almost all in one hand tool. Very versatile across all the kitchen counters.

Its good. Just got to be careful of sharp edges

Simplest mixer I've used

fits well in my hand

Haven't killed one yet

Awesome Immersion Blender!

from Newport Beach, CA

Comments about KitchenAid Immersion Blender:

I love to cook from scratch & those recipes often require a lot of heavy duty work on the back end - like making your own creams, sauces & dressing. Before getting this immersion blender, I used to have to lug out my massive blender in order to make these things. I would often times just be blending a few ingredients in a small portion & was so annoyed with having to wash & clean an entire blender pitcher. Enter this immersion blender. It is so easy to use & gets the job done. It blends so well. I love how I don't have to get another pot or pitcher dirty. I can just insert it into whatever I'm cooking & it blends it up beautifully. I recommend this mostly for ingredients that don't require a heavy duty blender. I haven't tried it with ice, but I don't think it could handle it! It handles soup, potatoes, creams, sauces & dressings just fine. It is pretty loud, but not too horrible for a blender & it is easy to use a clean! A must have kitchen gadget in my book!

Big Power In A Little Machine

from China Grove, NC

Comments about KitchenAid Immersion Blender:

Great little mixer with great big power.

Blending Power
I typically use this to mix up my smoothies or any type of homemade dressings/sauces. It blends everything together with out any seperation or clumping.

Versatility
Can use it to mix up any type of drinks, sauces and dressings.

Super easy to seperate each pieces and rinse it off. Does not require any scrubbing.

Simply design and easy to turn on and mix up your specialties.

This little machine fits perfectly in your hand with out being too bulky.

I haven't had mine but 9 months but I use it almost every single day and it works the same it did on the first day I used it.

Good but not great

from Bulverde, TX

Comments about KitchenAid Immersion Blender:

I purchased this type of blender because I had really gotten tired of hauling out a big blender every time I needed to do anything that required the use of a blender. I have a very limited amount of counter space so this seemed to be a great solution. I figured I go either buy the cheapest one on the market and take my chances that it would work right and do the job as well as the full size blender or I could simply spring for the more expensive higher end models with a well known brand name and get something that would be great from the start. I looked at several different models and shopped around for awhile before deciding that the Kitchen Aid models were looking like they would be far superior even though they were among the most expensive. After all they have the Kitchen Aid name and reputation so I figured the extra money spent would be worthwhile. It works well but not as well as I thought for the money spent.

• Versatility:

If you want reliable and consistent, this is the one!

from Greenbrae, CA

Comments about KitchenAid Immersion Blender:

I originally purchased an off brand, cheaper cost immersion blender because I really didnt know what the difference was. Now that I have my KitchenAid, I know the difference. I have used this blender for anything and everything from mixing hot chocolate powder into warm milk to making single serving cornbread mix in a coffee cup. This little baby is powerful and versatile but VERY quite in comparison to the cheaper versions I've owned in the past. This blender turns heavy whipping cream and powdered sugar into your very own fresh whipped cream in just a few seconds. I use it to blend cream cheese into puddings, mini pie filings, and even in my coffee. It's pretty easy to clean, I just immerse mine in a hot glass of soapy water and turn it on for a second. My all time favorite tool to grab when I dont feel like making a four course meal and I really don't feel like making a huge mess. If I could turn back time, I would have never wasted my money on all of those cheapies I bought in the past. This one is all I could ever need!