Other Mixers:
K5SSWH
KitchenAid Heavy Duty Series 5-Quart Stand Mixer

KitchenAid Heavy Duty Series 5-Quart Stand Mixer

The Perfect Mixer

Two years ago when a family member was buying a new mixer, they sold us their older KitchenAid Heavy Duty 5-Quart Stand Mixer, and life has been easier in the kitchen ever since. This has been my first stand mixer, and I absolutely love it!

This mixer is such high quality, and it is really amazing how much easier it is to use than a hand mixer. I have used it many times to make bread, in addition to lighter projects like cakes, cookies, brownies, meringues, and more. No matter what I throw in it, it handles everything quite easily.

The three pieces that come with this KitchenAid (whisk, dough hook, and flat paddle) are perfect for accomplishing any kind of mixing. If you want to do more than just mix, there are all kinds of attachments you can purchase from KitchenAid like grain grinders, meat grinders, and cheese graters, which attach to the front of this model.

The 5 quart bowls are a wonderful size because they can hold a big batch of almost anything.

The next mixer I buy will definitely be a KitchenAid, but I will probably get the ones with the heads that tilt back, since it is a small inconvenience to have one that is stationary.

Does an ok job

Does its job but when I make bread or thicker cookies the bowl tries to rock/move around. Its annoying n makes me nervous,wonder if im hurting it or it'll break?? Wish I wouldve bought the classic version or some other brand. Oh well  its working for now.

Classic for a reason!

from Indiana

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Even Mixing
  • Heavy Duty

Cons

• Bread
    • Cakes & Cookies
    • Candy
    • Meringue
    • Pies

Comments about KitchenAid Heavy Duty Series 5-Quart Stand Mixer:

As a hobbyist cook, I spend a lot of time in the kitchen baking and cooking. It took a few years of looking at the Kitchen Aid stand mixers before I could bring myself to spend that money on one. It just seemed so unnecessary...but now that I have one, I'd easily buy another one if mine ever broke down (which I'm fairly sure will never happen...these things are seriously heavy duty. My favorite part about this mixer is that I can attach all sorts of things to it. For example: I have a pasta roller as well as an ice cream churner.

The Perfect Mixer

• Mixing Performance:

Love it its great

from Marion, NC

Comments about KitchenAid Heavy Duty Series 5-Quart Stand Mixer:

I love my Kitchenaid stand mixer I use it several times a week. I do a lot of baking and its great for cookies and cakes. The dough hook is awesome for bread. Its so easy to use my husband can even use it and he is not a cooking guy at all, but with this he can ship up a batch of cookies in no time.

Best mixer I've ever had

from Roanoke, VA

Comments about KitchenAid Heavy Duty Series 5-Quart Stand Mixer:

I got this mixer for Christmas from my husband, I threw away my other mixers!  This is one mixer that does it all... It's strong, heavy duty, and very versatile. There are so many attachments for it, there is no need to have so many different gadgets in the kitchen.

Best Christmas present my husband got me!

from Dothan, AL

Comments about KitchenAid Heavy Duty Series 5-Quart Stand Mixer:

The Kitchenaid Mixer will get the job done in no time. You can whip up a batch of cookies in as little as 2 minutes! The mixer comes with a large mixing bowl and three different beaters for whatever you are baking. Attachments for it are available (though somewhat pricey). If you are an avid (and not so avid) baker, this is the mixer for you!

KitchenAid Heavy Duty with wonderful results

from Spring Green, WI

Comments about KitchenAid Heavy Duty Series 5-Quart Stand Mixer:

The KitchenAid Heavy Duty Commercial Series 5 Qt. Stand Mixer was given to me and my husband as a Christmas gift, but really it was more a gift to me then to my husband! We have had it for a good five years, but I was not able to really start to use it until we had moved to a new house that had a much bigger kitchen with much more counter space to hold its great big hulking frame! This thing takes up space for sure, and its not something you put in a cabinet, unless you have a nice pantry with deep shelving. This KitchenAid gets the job done very well and I really like the handle that they placed on the stainless steel bowl. It comes in handy with I need to fold in ingredients into the mixture. Over all it's a great piece, and I use it a lot!

This Kitchen Aid is Awesome!

from Lehi, UT

Comments about KitchenAid Heavy Duty Series 5-Quart Stand Mixer:

I love my Kitchen Aid so much! It's the largest one they sell and I couldn't be happier! I use it for everything from whisking pudding, whip the eggs for an angel food cake, and all sorts of breads! And those are just the mixing tools. It has the capability for many attachments, including a meat grinder, a noodler, and many other things! My husband actually uses the same one at work. You probably think he works in a kitchen somewhere....nope, he works in the Masonry / Construction industry. They use it to mix their mortar mix with color. It's incredibly heavy duty, just like the name states.

I would deffinitly pick the heavy duty over any of the other stands. Kitchen Aid has gotten the mixer right!

Love my KitchenAid Mixer

from Sears, MI

Comments about KitchenAid Heavy Duty Series 5-Quart Stand Mixer:

I love my kitchenaid mixer. I burned up many mixers before I spend the money on a good mixer. It is built to last and mixes everything without trouble. I have no problem with the mixer being heavy as it doesn't move around on the counter while using it. It has a permanent spot on my counter and it looks wonderful in that spot. The bowl and the attachments come right clean without any problems while washing. The paddle, whisk and the dough hook came with the mixer. You can purchase other attachments for this mixer seperately. The mixer has 10 speeds and it gets every job done quickly and done well. The bowl has a handle which makes for easy carrying and pouring. The mixer comes with a book and it encludes recipes that you can use you mixer with. They are really good and simple recipes. The mixing bowl is pretty good size so you can double recipes without trouble. When pouring flour in you do have to turn the speed down or you get a huge white puff, which kids love.

KitchenAid Mixers are A baker's dream!

from Ferguson, KY

Comments about KitchenAid Heavy Duty Series 5-Quart Stand Mixer:

The Heavy Duty Kitchen Aid Mixer is exactly what I dreamed it would be. Every time I cook with this mixer I fall in love more. I got this mixer when I married my husband. We got a bunch of gift cards and I chose the Kitchen Aid mixer and he chose a TV. I realize that what I chose was not as expensive as his TV but in my mind I got the better deal! Til this day I do not regret my choice. KitchenAid mixers are the best and with stand so much more than other brands. I make a lot of cakes and the icing that I make can be tough on the motor of normal mixers but not this one. My mom has had many mixers that have just given out after making Divinity but this mixer can make several batches and it never even phases it. It is a little big and heavy. But it looks so great sitting on the counter that I do not think that it is a sacrifice of counter space. It makes my kitchen look better in my book. I was given a cover to put on it but I like it without it because the mixer should not be covered up and left out for all to see.

Kitchen Aid K5SS - The Mother of All Mixers

from Hillsborough, NH

Comments about KitchenAid Heavy Duty Series 5-Quart Stand Mixer:

I have wanted the Kitchen Aid K5SS since I first saw one at my in-laws' house - it completely impressed me! Finally, my husband picked one up for me at Kitchen Etc. I was thrilled. It's a beauty. He bought me my first choice color - Cobalt Blue - and it really looks sharp. Since it's quite bulky and definitely heavy, I found a nice home for it on the counter. The bowl is 5 quarts, which is big enough for just about anything you could ever need to do. We have actually picked up 2 extra bowls, so that if I'm doing multiple batches, I have a spare on hand. There are 10 speeds on this mixer, and the fastest speeds are faster than I've ever seen a mixer go! Nothing bogs the motor down, at least not that I've seen. However, just in case, there is an overload feature that will shut the motor off if it overheats. It comes with a dough hook, wire whip (stainless steel), and a mixer. All of these attachments and the bowl can go right in the dishwasher, making cleanup a snap. You can also purchase attachments to go with this mixer. I couldn't believe all of the things you can get to go with it! You can get a meat grinder, sausage stuffer, strainer, shredder, slicer, juicer, grain mill, and a pasta maker! There are probably more, but so far these are the ones I am aware of. If you're going to spend money on a mixer, why not get the very best? My mother-in-law has had her Kitchen Aid mixer for over 20 years! These things are quality, all the way!