3.9

3.9

Pros

Cons

• Ease of Handling:

Most versatile rangetop pan!

After wanting to throw away my "nonstick" 12" saute pan, I took my husband up on his offer to search for "good cookware".  As a manager for a bunch of literal rocket scientists, I wondered what my husband would come home with after his evaluation of all the brands of cookware to choose from.  Kitchen-Aid was the brand he placed in my hand and told me about all its great features.  As an engineer who knows about metals, heating, cooling, and longevity of non-stick surfaces, his selection turned out to be the most versatile and well-performing pan I now have in our kitchen.  This saute pan is about one-fourth inch thick metal so it's heavy and even feels like it will withstand time and many meals. I must say that the non-stick surface is so smooth I don't know how any food can get stuck on it anyway. The handle is comfortable to hold, and the pan heats up quickly. I've used this size not just as a saute pan, but for making pancakes, scrambled eggs, frying one chicken breast, cooking vegetables, and just about anything I want to make on the range. It's the best pan in my opinion, and so now I want the entire Kitchen-Aid set. I guess it took a rocket scientist to find "good cookware".

I am very unsatisfied with this product

My Husband bought this cookware for me because of the brand name.We thought Kitchenaid makes the best appliance so why not.,within one month the pans were warped and everything cooks unevenly I have to constantly move things around in the frying pan in order for the food not to burn.I do have a ceramic top stove and I don't know if that had anything to do with the warped pans but it seems to me for the amount of money you pay the Kitchenaid Hard Base cooking System should not have this problem.The pans are very easy to clean and I love that fact but none the less I do not like this cookware.

great set

Comments about KitchenAid Gourmet Reserved Hard Base Cookware:

I recently got this set of cookware and it is such an upgrade. They look great because all of the set matches. The non stick finish on them is so nice. You just rinse whatever you are cooking off and it wipes right off. This set also appears to be very durable and sturdy.

• Ease of Handling:

Can't imagine cooking without these!

Comments about KitchenAid Gourmet Reserved Hard Base Cookware:

I received this set for my birthday and I absolutely love it. There is a perfect sized pot or pan for whatever I'm cooking, be it a simple breakfast dish or an extravagant multiple course meal. The red colour really adds a nice pop in the kitchen as well. The quality is top notch. My oatmeal never burns, my eggs turn out perfect, stir fry never sticks to the pan. The baking sheets are the perfect size for roasting vegetables or entire squashes. Everyone needs this set!

Ease of Handling
The handles don't get hot and the lids fit snugly

Just use a simple sponge!

Love the colour!

My husband isn't very easy on his favourite sized frying pan yet it's holding up brilliantly!

• Ease of Handling:

KitchenAid Gourmet Reserved Hard Base Cookware lasts.

from Chattanooga, TN

Comments about KitchenAid Gourmet Reserved Hard Base Cookware:

KitchenAid Gourmet Reserved Hard Base Cookware lasts. Our cook ware was sad. My sister decided that her Christmas gift to us would be a new set of pots of pans. She researched and found these Kitchen Aid Gourmet Reserved Hard Base Cookware had a good customer satisfaction rating for the price. She chose the 12 piece set. We have been happy to have them. They were a Really nice gift. Our family is just Really had on things, though. We have warped the sides of the pots (I think that someone was trying to cool down the pan too quickly and took it from the stove to the sink) and the bottom of our big frying pan is slightly warped, but not too badly (just enough for me to notice, but not enough for me to stop using the pan). I like the different size choices. The pots are more upright (vertically) than spreading horizontally. But I have not noticed any cooking issues with the different shape. The lids fit tightly onto the pans, except that we warped one of our pans,so the lid will not fit on it anymore. I just use one of our Visions ware glass lids on top of our Kitchen Aid pot and it kind of works. I like that the big frying pan has a lid. I have some meals that I make that require the frying pan and to be covered and with our last set, we did not have a lid for that big frying pan. The Big pot is Very big. I would like a size in between their biggest pot and the next one down. So, we use a pot from a different set. Overall, we are pleased with the pots and pans.

Doesn't Stick
I know that it has the teflon non stick surface, but I just don't trust that. I always try to spray my pots and pans with Non Stick Cooking Spray to keep my food from sticking and me having to scrub off the mess.

Ease of Handling
The big frying pan has a grip handle on the opposite side of the long handle, so you can lift the pan with two hands. I am excited about this ease of picking up the dish, so I don't hurt my wrist trying to hold the heavy pan on just one side.

Awesome cookware!

Comments about KitchenAid Gourmet Reserved Hard Base Cookware:

THis was the first cookware set I ever bought and I love everything about it. My mom always told me that if you wanted to know if cookware was good or not you should weigh it. The heavier the pan/pot the higher the quality is. This set is super heavy so I know its well made and not made from flimsy cheap materials. Everything is no-stick which is an attribute that I greatly appreciate. It has enough variety in the size of the pots and pans that I can cook just about anything I can think up and I don't require a lot of extra cookware. I don't foresee it wearing out any time soon but when it does I'll definitely be buying this or something similar from KitchenAid.

Doesn't Stick
I always us a little butter or oil (NEVER put no stick spray on a no stick pan) just to be extra careful, but I've never had a problem with any of the foods I make sticking to it. You can cook an egg and literally slide it right out of the pan and onto the plate.

The no stick feature makes these especially easy to clean. The only extra thing I do is use steel wool on the bottoms to keep them shiny and nice.

The color goes great with my kitchen.

• Ease of Handling:

Love this KitchenAid cooking system!!

from Alexandria, LA

Comments about KitchenAid Gourmet Reserved Hard Base Cookware:

I received these pots and pans as a Wedding present and I was super excited!! KitchenAid has such high quality products! I received the Red set 2 pots 2 pans lids and a large cooking pot. These have been the best cooking set I have ever owned. I have only one complaint and that is the red color comes off pretty easily. The pots and pans still cook great and love how my food turns out. I just don't like how they look all scratched up.

Happy with my new KitchenAid saute pan

from Newnan, GA

Comments about KitchenAid Gourmet Reserved Hard Base Cookware:

I recently purchased a KitchenAid four-quart covered saute pan from the reserved hard base cookware line. I haven't had it long enough to put it to a true test as far as quality and durability, only two or three weeks, so I'm going to focus on my observation and experience and hope that my pan does not end up like some I read about in other reviews!

Made from heavy gauge aluminum for even heat distribution, this pan can be a large part of making a great meal. The large size and uncommon depth allow for larger meals to be made in one pan, and the fact that you can put the pan and in the oven is a huge bonus. The nonstick surface is three-coat, so I'm thinking the fact that nothing has stuck to this pan yet isn't going to change anytime soon. So far, I've had nothing but good experiences with it. The pan is just as good-looking as it is functional. The exterior is red porcelain enamel, the lid is glass and steel, and the handle is also steel.

Great cookware, easy clean up.

from Pickerington, OH

Comments about KitchenAid Gourmet Reserved Hard Base Cookware:

My wife and I recently purchased this set of cookware. It was to replace another set of non-stick cookware we bought that did not seem to hold up. The first thing I noticed was how sturdy the cookware's construction is. I have used many pot and pans in th epast, as I really enjoy cooking, and have found many of them to seem flimsy. Every piece of the kitcheaid cookware has a handle that not only seems securely attached, but also is big enough for large "man-hands". The weight of the cookware also lends to the impression that these things are made to last.

The non-stick coating in these also seems to be high quality. After many uses and cleanups there is very little marking or scratching on the inside. I trust that this se3t of cookware will last my wife and I for many years to come.

KitchenAid Makes Quality Cookware

from Denver, CO

Comments about KitchenAid Gourmet Reserved Hard Base Cookware:

I will go out of my way to buy KitchenAid because I feel it is a quality brand. I also like that its appliances and cookware come in a cherry color, as this matches my kitchen.

I have a few pieces of the non-stick KitchenAid cookware. The pans and pots seem durable, as do their tops. They are attractive, and the non-stick coating seems to mostly be standing up -- the deep pan I use most often is showing sign of wear. The pot and pan toppers feature silicone coverings to keep them (relatively) cool.

I have a couple of gripes, though. The outside is difficult to clean, which means the exterior of my most-used cookware is starting to look, well, used. Also, one of the silicone inserts is coming off.

Nonetheless, I stand by KitchenAid's quality. The pieces are attractive and, for the most part, are standing up to the test of time. The pots and pans are constructed solidly and seem the give off even heating.

The set for everything you need to cook

from Diboll, TX

Comments about KitchenAid Gourmet Reserved Hard Base Cookware:

I have had this set for over 7 years now, and it fit my purposes perfectly. It has the size for anything I want to cook. It is very durable and has stood the test of time. It has been through me, my husband, and my granddaughter for everyday cooking and holiday cooking. I have never needed any other pans or pots.

KitchenAid Cookware didn't live up to the Kitchenaid name

from Kearney, MO

Comments about KitchenAid Gourmet Reserved Hard Base Cookware:

The KitchenAid Gourmet pots and pans were pretty. My kitchen and appliances are red, so when I saw this set at such a reasonable price, I was overjoyed! I purchased these thinking the KitchenAid brand would have to be wonderful. Boy was I wrong!

The set comes with a stock pot, a large, medium and small sauce pan, a large skillet and a small skillet. There is a large lid for the stock pot and it also fits the large skillet.

The lids on the saucepans' have little holes on the edges so you can pull up on the lid and drain the water without having to use a strainer. It's a balancing act and you need to be fairly adept at this because if you slip, just a little, everything will dump into the sink. My husband watched me do this and decided he would never risk it.

The insides of the nonstick surface worked well at first, but now it is all peeled up and probably giving us cancer by getting into the food. The outsides of the pretty red is no longer a pretty red. With all of the use, it has turned a darker shade of red. Not so pretty.

The price is right on this set, but you will be disappointed in the long run. Save your penny's and get something a bit nicer. Don't just buy for the brand.