3.7

3.7

Pros

Cons

Quick and Easy

I absolutely love this product!  The KitchenAid Food Chopper has helped me everyday!  We use a lot of nuts, vegetables, and chocolate (not all together though).  Onions and walnuts are the #1 things we use the chopper on.  It saves time and fingers!  I also use to chop cauliflower and broccoli for my famous sald.  Cutting with a knife is way too tidius and time consuming.  I don't know what I'd do without my Food Chopper!

Handy, but doesn't hold up to hard jobs.

I've had this Kitchen Aid food chopper for awhile, but shortly after little use, the rotating mechanism quit working. I still use it for quick chopping for things like onions and nuts, but the chopper will no longer rotate after a cut (it's supposed to spin when it springs back so that the blade doesn't keep cutting in the same spot). I usually pick it up to rotate and make sure everything is evenly diced.

It comes apart into three pieces, (clear plastic shield, white inner blade cover, and device) with the ease of twisting to unlock and I like that they all can go into the dishwasher, definitely a plus. I've had the blade not come out clean a few times, but that is probably due to a lack of rinsing. :)

Like I mentioned, the rotating mechanism on ours no longer works and can be frustrating when you are cutting a full amount of produce. I don't know if my husband secretly broke it (he is hard on things) or if it is faulty design. The rest of the materials hold up great. The pieces go through the dishwasher without cracking or warping.

I really wish I could look in the handle since that's where the spring mechanism is located to repair, but it is impossible. Other than that, it is just heavy enough, comfortable to hold and easy to use. It also comes with a white lid to place on the bottom. This is great for turning the device upside down, filling the chopping cavity and covering before you flip it over. No mess!

Pound it & chop it

Comments about KitchenAid Food Chopper KG304:

I bought this mainly for use in onion chopping. It totally works for getting whatever size onion pieces you would like and there's no tears! It's also nice to keep the mess in one place. It does take a lot of strength, though, for chopping anything tougher than an apple, and even then the skin on some products causes trouble. You really have to pound on it, so watch your counters. It also isn't super durable for having to stand up to the pounding. A piece of mine broke off the other day and it still works, but not as well. Still, it's avery handy tool to have.

Kitchen Aid Food Chopper

Comments about KitchenAid Food Chopper KG304:

I received this Kitchen Aid Food Chopper as a bridal shower gift. I give it a score of 4. I love using this food chopper. I have had some trouble using it since I received it.
The first time I used it to chop walnuts. I had trouble getting the bottom off after I chopped the nuts and it ended up spilling all over the floor. So be careful when you are taking the bottom off after you have chopped your ingredient.
I do not recommend this chopper for onion. I tried it to chop onion for a soup and it didn't get the onion very fine and ended up just mushing some of the onion instead of chopping it.
It does have some good features. The chopper comes apart so you can easily wash it in the dishwasher. It also has a lid so you can save the item you chopped for another day.

This item comes apart and is dishwasher safe.

Kitchen Aid is a reliable brand and makes quality items.

Bottom part is a bit hard to get off but I would still buy it again.

KitchenAid Food Chopper very convenient

from Evansville, IN

Comments about KitchenAid Food Chopper KG304:

the kitchenaid food chopper is very handy to have when you need to chop just a few nuts or other things for cookies, onions for salads etc.  my husband bought this right before christmas since we knew we'd be chopping nuts for cakes and cookies.  we were using my husband's mother's until it broke on us.  We figured it was probably thirty or forty years old maybe more.  we had gotten a lot of use out of it to say the least. after trying the kitchenaid food chopper ourselves we went back and bought is mother a new one.  that was the least we could do. we made a lot of cookies and chopped a whole lot of nuts.  it was very convenient to grab this chopper and use it.  We were very impressed by the chopper and hope that it will last for a long, long time.  I don't know if it will last thirty or forty years like the old one, but it looks very well made. I'm sure we will get a lot of use out of it for many years to come. I would deffinately recommend this chopper.

The KitchenAid Chopper Does An Okay Job

from Renton, WA

Comments about KitchenAid Food Chopper KG304:

I have had my KitchenAid Food Chopper for a while, and I honestly don't use it to chop very many items. The main thing I wanted it for was chopping nuts, and for that I am happy to have it. Chopping nuts with a knife is a pain, because they often bounce around and end up scattered on the counter or the floor. I like how the KitchenAid Chopper keeps them contained. I've found that they don't cut very uniformly though. I often end up with a lot of fine dust along with various other sizes. I still think it's worth it to use for things like nuts, but I don't feel that it would do a good enough job with other items. It also does take a bit of effort to push the chopper down, at least through hard items like nuts. I do like that the parts to the chopper can all be put in the dishwasher. That definitely makes clean up nice and easy. There may be better choppers out there that do a better job, but I think this one is decent for the price.

Handy, but doesn't hold up to hard jobs.

from Nampa, ID

Handy, Quick and Efficient kitchen aid

from Schenectady, NY

Comments about KitchenAid Food Chopper KG304:

This is a handy tool for someone who likes a clean countertop while chopping favorite vegetables.  Particularly onions, but works well with carrots, celery and other vegetables that need to be chopped fine.  It doesn't entirely eliminate the need for knives as you need to cut the vegetables into a size that will fit into the container.But it does keep the counter clean from all the smaller vegetables that you cut.  Simply dump them into your cooking pot or a small bowl until ready to use, or if you just have the one vegetable to cut up such as onions then you can leave it in the container.  Q quick rinse of the blades with hot water and your ready to go.

Quick and Easy

from Farmington, NY

Comments about KitchenAid Food Chopper KG304:

KitchenAid at it's... well... best.

from Monrovia, CA

Comments about KitchenAid Food Chopper KG304:

KitchenAid is at it again. This small chopper comes with a warranty that allows customers to feel that they are getting what they paid for, and if this fact proves to be untrue, they have only to return it to recieve a refund. Very good, sturdy blades. Can chop anything from tree nuts to chocolate. Cleaning-up could be easier, I suppose. But the whole thing comes apart, like a flower. You wash it, then let it dry completely before the next use. All in all, a great product for the price. I am sure you could also chop things like herbs, and vegetables in there. Almost like a Magic Bullet, but with actual manual-labor involved. If you are looking for a food chopper, and you trust the KitchenAid Brand, I would highly recommend this one.

The KitchenAid Food Chopper is nice looking but inferior

from Cuyahoga Falls, OH

Comments about KitchenAid Food Chopper KG304:

The KitchenAid Food Chopper looks solid and resembles the better (also more expensive) Pampered Chef model but don't be fooled. This chopper was one of many bought by me or my husband in an attempt to replace my first chopper inexpensively. I used my chopper for nuts and onions on a regular basis so I am pretty hard on it. This chopper failed in a short amount of time, no longer spinning as it chopped but simply going up and down, which does nothing. It also never chopped onions through which was the main purpose for my having a chopper. I liked the design and how easy it was to wash up and take apart. I don't recommend spending the money on this chopper since it didn't last, another one may cost a bit more but would be superior in quality.

Love the kitchen aid chopper

from Kankakee, IL

Comments about KitchenAid Food Chopper KG304:

My sister sells pampered chef and told me i had to buy their chopper and that i would never find one that was as nice. Well i proved her wrong because I had a coupon to get the kitche aid chopper and have loved it ever since. It works great and it was a lot cheaper than the pampered chef one. It is easy to use and easy to wash which is a great feature. I can actually just put it in my dishwasher and it comes out clean. I have used it on onions, carrots, broccoli, peppers, cheese, and olives. Whenever I am making a salad the chopper is a must. It is really noisy but I am guessing that most choppers are. It seems really durable but i have only had mine for about 5 months so I cant really say how long they last.