Other Cooking Tools & Gadgets:
KitchenAid Cook for the Cure Measuring Cups and Spoons Set

KitchenAid Cook for the Cure Measuring Cups and Spoons Set

Pros

Cons

Good quality, fun colors--adds some fun to your kitchenware!

We recently purchased a set of these   **KitchenAid Cook for the Cure Measuring Cups and Spoons Set** .  Recently becoming a stay-at-home mom, I found myself cooking and baking quite a bit more often, and too often I would find all my measuring cups and spoons in the dirty dishes when I needed them.  So, when I saw these cute KitchenAid sets of cups and spoons (ours are actually a lime green color), I had to try them out! Overall, I am satisifed with them. Here's why:

-- Fun colors:  I love adding some fun and personality to the usually mundane kitchenware.  I have seen these sets available in green, red, white and the breast cancer light pink. It's also great that KitchenAid is making a difference and helping support breast cancer research.

--Quality:  These cups and spoons are so durable, the quality is really there.  I have even accidentally ran some of the spoons in the garbage disposal a handful of times, and although a little bit nicked, all have survived!  I can't say the same for my other sets of measuring spoons.

Great buy for a great cause!

There are better measuring spoons

Measuring spoons were never and important part of my kitchen utensils. Some sets would come bundled with other kitchen accessories and never used, except during the holidays when the kids would want to bake cookies. For that rare and occassional use, just about any set of measuring spoons would do. However, Ever since I got a bread maker, I have come to realize that measuring spoons need to meeet certain standards: They need to be durable, easily washed in the dishwasher and readable.

The color of these spoons is irrelevant to me, the fact that they are plastic makes me hesitant to place in the dishwasher and prefer to wash them by hand. I can easily overlook the hand washing, what I can't overlook is the printed silver measurements. One my spoons no longer has a readable number on it and the others are soon approaching the same state.

I have now gone through several plastic sets with colorful printed numbers, including this one. I have finally settled on an engraved set (will never rub off) made of stainless steel. It is easy to read and can go in the dishwasher with no problem. I am sorry, I just don't like this set and that is my honest opinion.

cute measuring cups

Comments about KitchenAid Cook for the Cure Measuring Cups and Spoons Set:

One of my favorite brands of cooking products is KitchenAid, and I really like to use the KitchenAid Cook for the Cure Measuring Cups and Spoons Set. This contains four measuring cups and five measuring spoons. These are all the typical sizes you need to use for cooking. In addition to measuring the right amounts of liquids and dry products, these sets are for a good cause. They are pink for breast cancer, and a portion of their sales go toward breast cancer research.

These sets are easy to wash, and I always just put them in the dishwasher. I never had problems with them melting, but I always make sure to put them on the top shelf of my dishwasher. Another reason I like these sets is that they were really affordable. Even if they don't last me too long, I won't mind because they were so affordable.

These are easy to clean because I just put them in the dishwasher. I never had a problem with them melting, but I make sure to keep them on the top shelf.

Great cause but the quality of this product is just not there

Comments about KitchenAid Cook for the Cure Measuring Cups and Spoons Set:

I purchased the KitchenAid Cook for the Cure Measuring Cups and Spoons Set during Breast Cancer Awareness Month because I knew that part of the proceeds of my purchase would be donated to the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation. I am a huge supporter of breast cancer awareness and want to do my part to help out in any way that I can. I love the color of these measuring cups and spoons and am typically impressed with KitchenAid products. I am not super impressed with these measuring cups and spoons. The plastic is "bulky" and it is hard to get an accurate measurement when I use these spoons to measure my ingredients. I also find that the dry ingredients really stick to the plastic if the measuring cup or spoon is the least bit wet. Overall, I do not recommend the KitchenAid Cook for the Cure Measuring Cups and Spoons Set. The cause these measuring spoons and cups support is fantastic but the quality of the product is just not there.

Still look brand new and support breast cancer awareness

Comments about KitchenAid Cook for the Cure Measuring Cups and Spoons Set:

I have owned these for over a year, use them every single day, and they STILL look brand new! I like that they are pink and support breast cancer awareness. I have family members who are breast cancer survivors. I would recommend this measuring set for friends and family for sure. Kitchen Aid is defiantly are reputable and trusted brand. Made is an easy choice for me!! I would say these are extremely easy to clean. They have not stained at all like my last set. Which was defiantly a concern due to the light color.

I put these in the dish washer almost everyday and they look brand new even after over a year of use.

I would give these a 10 but the clasp that held them together broke with a few months. The actual measuring cups/spoons still look new. These have held up to almost daily dishwasher cleanings.

Love that they are pink! The are clearly labeled and easy to read. They also store very nicely in my drawer. Not bulky what so ever.

Measuring spoons

Comments about KitchenAid Cook for the Cure Measuring Cups and Spoons Set:

I love these spoons. They fit perfectly into my drawers. They take up very little room and clean easy. Not only are they easy for me to use, but they are very easy for my children to use as well. We love cooking as a family and these make it even easier. I would highly recommend these products to anyone.

Loving it!

Comments about KitchenAid Cook for the Cure Measuring Cups and Spoons Set:

My daughter and i love kitchen aid brand. I bought these measuring cups for her last year for Christmas. We love to bake and so this product is used often, it has never failed us. The color is what she wanted and to know it helps to finance a cure for breast cancer is a plus. I will continue using this product as long as the company continues to make it. They measure accordingly to what the recipe calls. I know that you would like them as much as i do.

Pretty color, solid tool

from San Antonio, TX

Comments about KitchenAid Cook for the Cure Measuring Cups and Spoons Set:

KitchenAid cook for the cure Measuring Cups and Spoons Set is a nice pink color. They are made of a sturdy, smooth plastic and have rings to connect the cups and spoons to keep them from getting lost. I find the ring holding the measuring cups together to be superfluous--the cups nest together nicely, and you can easily keep them together in the cupboard, so there's no real cause for using a ring to keep them all together. Plus, it makes them difficult to wash when they're all linked together like that. I really like using this set. My only real complaint is that there are only four measuring cups. I find it useful when a set includes the 2/3 cup and 3/4 cup; this set only includes 1/4, 1/3, 1/2, and 1 cup measurements. The plastic feels hardy and durable. I have had measuring cups in the past that I have broken handles off of while scooping ingredients, but these appear to be made of superior materials.

Wouldn't buy any other brand for measuring cups

from Stanton, CA

Comments about KitchenAid Cook for the Cure Measuring Cups and Spoons Set:

I love that KitchenAid is doing a Cook for the Cure and donating the proceeds to breast cancer research. A few people in my family have been afflicted with breast cancer, so it definitely hits me. I bought these and they are of such high quality, that I really don't see myself ever using another brand of measuring cups. They are accurate and easy to clean. They are made of a strong, sturdy plastic and won't easily break if dropped or just worn down. I love that they have the capability to be stored together, with or without the connector ring. This is the best set of measuring cups and spoons that I've ever had.

These are all super easy to clean. You can wash them by hand or just throw them into the dishwasher.

These cups are made of tough plastic, and I don't think that I will have a problem with them breaking.

Love the pink, and the reason behind the pink. The cups themselves, are very classic and modern.

Sturdy and Easy to Clean

from Hartford, CT

Comments about KitchenAid Cook for the Cure Measuring Cups and Spoons Set:

This is really a great set of measuring cups and spoons! They're a nice, solid feeling plastic that is sturdy enough to scoop heavy ingredients like brown sugar without cracking or breaking. The pretty pink color is just a bonus!

I took mine off the little rings to make washing easier but they could easily be left on, especially if you are washing them in the dishwasher.

The shape of both the cups and spoons is slightly rounded so its very easy to get ingredients out of them. They also seem to be quite nonstick so ingredients slide right out. They do stain when used for ingredients such as vanilla extract or other potent, dark liquids so beware.

Sometimes you'll find a measuring set that is pretty but not accurate, but I compared these to a set that I know is accurate and there were no discrepancies so there is nothing to worry about there.

Overall I was quite impressed. While I still prefer metal measuring spoons these are a nice alternative.

So cute and practical

from Ambler, PA

Comments about KitchenAid Cook for the Cure Measuring Cups and Spoons Set:

I love the fact that they are pink. They add cute to practical. They are made of a sturdy plastic and also the color is just perfect. They make me smile everytime I use them while baking. I love all thinks pink and think these are the perfect pink addition to my kitchen.

These KitchenAid measuring cups and spoons are nice

from Fremont, CA

Comments about KitchenAid Cook for the Cure Measuring Cups and Spoons Set:

I recieved this mesuring cups and spoons from a friend as a Christmas gift last year. They happened to be something I registered for for my wedding but didn't realize it at the time. They turned out to be a great happy accident. They are light, easy to read, and come conviently on a ring to hang or in my case keep you from losing any in your crazy cupboards. the spoons come with a 1 1/2 teaspoon spoon which was unusual but it's better to have more options then less I guess. I haven't used that one yet though. I did end up losing one of the measuring cups in an unhappy dish washer accident when it landed on the heater coil and melted so be careful. I generally like most of the KitchenAid products I buy so if I have that brand as an option and the price isn't much different I'll go for it. If you are in the market for a new set of measuring cups and spoons go out and get these KitchenAid measuring cups and spoons.