Other Food Processors:

KitchenAid Chef's Chopper Series 3-Cup Food Processor

Pros

Cons

• Ease of Assembly:

The little red chopper that could

***Bottom-Line:*** The **KitchenAid 3-Cup Chef's Chopper** is a keeper.

***Bottom-Line:*** The **KitchenAid 3-Cup Chef's Chopper** is a keeper.

Mrs. Bard and I are bargain shoppers; unless there is deal to be had, there is no money changing hands.  So despite the fact that I have wanted a small 3-cup chopper for the longest I held off for a deal, and this past week it came my way in the form of a 10% off sale from *JCPenney.com*, with free shipping to boot!  The chopper, or small food processor as it is know in some circles, is a **KitchenAid** **KFC3100** **3-Cup Chef's Chopper**.

The simple **KitchenAid 3-Cup Chef's Chopper** is a small foot print 3-cup two-blade chopper that features just one button, the pulse/on-off switch.  The cup is removable as is the blade and can be cleaned with warm soap and water.  The chopper has a safety feature in that it will not work without the cup being locked into place.

Why did I want a 3-cup food processor you ask?  Because I was tired of tearing up when chopping up onions, it sucks as I am sure most of us know.  But that wasn't the only reason, I also cook almost all of our dinners and use loads of fresh vegetables and that means chopping and dicing, and chopping, which is time consuming.

**Use**

The 3.4lbs **KitchenAid 3-Cup Chef's Chopper **is a clear winner and made short work of my onion.  A few short pushes of the "pulse" button made dicing up my onion effortless; almost too effortless, because the first time I used it, the onion came out too finely chopped.  So have a care.   **  **

It took me a while to figure out the whole locking container thing-no I did not read the booklet-but given time it all made sense.  The included spatula works well at getting food out of the container.  The blade locks in place for use, but is easy enough to remove and clean.  Speaking of cleaning KitchenAid recommends using a damp cloth and warm soapy water to clean the base, but everything else can be tossed in the dishwasher.  There is an opening at the bottom of the base in which to store the power cord.

Needless to say I love this new little machine, the **KitchenAid 3-Cup Chef's Chopper **(red).** **I am glad I waited** **for the little processor that could, it was well worth the wait.

The Great Little Chopper That Could.

I bought this little 3 cup chopper because I didn't need or want another large appliance.  I don't like my counters covered with electric appliances and gadgets.  This one, I could easily place in my cabinets and take it out when it's needed.

I've used this chopper many, many times.  I haven't had many problems with it since I have realistic expectations.  I don't expect it to be able to chop the same things a larger model would.  I have chopped hard peppermint candies to make peppermint ice cream and it chopped through those with ease.  I thought it may break or dull the blades with such a hard candy.  I've been able to put egg yolks from 2 dozen eggs in all at once and chop those to make deviled eggs.  It makes the creamiest deviled eggs.  Yum!

A con would be that it does uneven chopping with the more difficult items.  When I did the peppermint candies, I had to take out the bottom candy that was chopped very fine and then chop the rest.  With the eggs, they're so soft it did it with no problems.

This has saved me so much money and time.  Again, make sure you have realistic expectations for this little gadget.  It got an average rating because it does it's job, but did not exceed my expectations.

Powerful

from Chicago, IL

Comments about KitchenAid Chef's Chopper Series 3-Cup Food Processor:

I bought this item and have found it to be reliable and does a great job in cutting, chopping, pureeing. It has an alternate blade for slicing, which comes in handy when you want to have maybe some vegetables for a salad or a fancier cut which might be nice. It is relatively easy to use and cleans quite nicely in washing and rinsing it out. It is also nice in that it isn't too big where it would take up a lot of space on the countertop. It is quick and adaptable with being able to cut, chop, and puree without a lot of effort and time. I've used it for grating too to incorporate grated vegetables for salads or even soups. It cuts down preparation time significantly. This little machine is quite powerful, so you won't be disappointed with the results. It is easy to clean and even store in cabinets, if you don't want it on the countertop. However, I keep it on top of the countertop, so it is right at my fingertips when I need to take care of business right away.

great for homemade Baby Food

Comments about KitchenAid Chef's Chopper Series 3-Cup Food Processor:

I bought this processor to make homemade pureed baby food for my precious baby girl. I pureed meats, fruits and veggies. I looked at so many processor reviews to finally pick this one at a reasonable price, great reviews and does the job of making baby food for my little one. I like the size, not as noisy, and the look of the processor. Before this one I actually bought the baby bullet thinking it was a no brainer to buy a blender specifically for making baby food for babies. But sadly I was wrong. I used it once and it malfunctioned. So I had to end up returning it. But it wasn't worth the price for a baby blender anyways. If it worked well or at all for me then that would have been great. I would use the kitchen aid processor to make other things since i'm not making baby food, but I don't want the chance of it making it smell bad for my next future babies' baby food i'll be making. But I'm sure it's a great product for other than making baby food.

Powerful little mini appliance

from San Francisco, CA

Comments about KitchenAid Chef's Chopper Series 3-Cup Food Processor:

I bought this cute little Kitchenaide mini food chopper for the smaller in-between jobs that didn't warrant a big blender or food processor. My favorite use for it is home made hummus, which needs a more powerful motor than my little Magic Bullet provides to make it smooth and creamy without having to keep stopping and scraping the sides with a spatula to even it out. It is just the right size for a standard recipe of hummus, but also does a great job on other small jobs like salsa, dips and chopped salads. All the parts are easily disassembled and dishwasher safe for easy clean up. This mini chopper is small enough to easily store away between uses, but nice looking enough to leave on the counter top without taking up too much space.
This little guy can't handle the job of the big boys, but for everyday small jobs or for singles and small space kitchens, this is a top of the line appliance!

• Ease of Assembly:

Perfect for personal use or small families

Comments about KitchenAid Chef's Chopper Series 3-Cup Food Processor:

I have a few food processors, all ranging from huge ones to tiny 1 cup ones. I have found that I usually end up using this one the most. I have had it for about 5 years now and every time I need to make a small amount of something, its my go to. Its not too big or too small and it works on a variety of things. I am able to puree veggies to hide in my toddlers foods, as well as prepare enough salsa or dips, for just my husband and I. Its super simple to use. All you do is lock the cup on place, twist and lock the lid in place, and press the only button it has. Fool proof! It also blends really well and I have yet to need to think about sharpening the blades at all. The components are all dishwasher safe, so clean up is a breeze as well, and I just use a damp cloth to wipe the machine part. I would recommend this to single people or small families that don't want to lug out the big processor just to make something small!

3-Cup KitchenAid Food Processor -small but mighty

from Peoria, AZ

Comments about KitchenAid Chef's Chopper Series 3-Cup Food Processor:

KitchenAid products have proven themselves and this 3-cup food processor isn't any different.

Power
Lots of power to chop a small amount. The chopping bowl will hold three cups and that usually more than enough. This machine has the power to do the work. Chops evenly and will chop meat as well as veggies and fruit.

Safety
The blades are extremely sharp to do the job but as with all blades you just need to exercise caution especially when washing the blades. After rinsing well, I usually put mine in the dishwasher and that keeps me from handling the blade. Red is easy to spot in the cabinet and would Red makes a great gift if you are giving it at Christmas or Valentines day.

Ease of Assembly
Easy to assemble - blade, cup holder, lid - 3 basic pieces that fit together and you push a button.

Easy and because it comes apart it is easy to do a fast clean up.

Made to last like other Kitchen aid products. Comes with a warranty and instructions. It is heavy enough it doesn't bounce all oven when chopping. I love this gadget.

Functions really well!

from Orange, NJ

Comments about KitchenAid Chef's Chopper Series 3-Cup Food Processor:

This food processor reminds me of "the little-engine that could." It seems pretty small, yet it gets the job done. I am actually pretty impressed with it's capabilities. Small yet powerful!!! I really just needed an everyday processor to meet all of my chopping needs. I wanted something inexpensive yet still effective. I can say that I found it in this product! Eventually, I plan to get another one just because I don't want to wear this one out as I didn't realize how much use I would of gotten out of it when I first purchased it. Overall, it is built well and works! An added bonus is that it is easy to assemble and a lot quieter than other models. Definitely recommended!

Mini Chef Chopper

Comments about KitchenAid Chef's Chopper Series 3-Cup Food Processor:

I don't do a lot of home made cooking but I needed something to chop up catnip that wasn't huge and bulky but also not too small that would take me forever to chop up the amount of catnip I do in the summer. This little unit fits the job perfectly. It takes up hardly any space and I can basically toss it for storage in a high shelf out of the way. It chops up my catnip very fine and without any clogging. Ease of use made it simple to encourage my husband to use it and help me out when I am too busy. While I have only used this item to chop the catnip I would imagine it does a fine job on other things. It is also very easy to take apart and clean. I let it air dry over night and whip it back together and store away.

Really a Kitchen Aide!

from Saint Cloud, FL

Comments about KitchenAid Chef's Chopper Series 3-Cup Food Processor:

Got this Kitchen Aid as a gift. And as soon as we openned I check recipes that will make us of it. Truly it is like you have an assistant while you were cooking, especially during big parties. I love the size of this because it is not too bulky looking. It cleans easily too. We have already made some coup, home-made doughs and yummy chips and vegetable dips with it. One thing we recommend is look for recipes or experiment some recommended recipes that goes with the manual so you can really get the worth of your money on it. Do not just let it sit on your counter or closet because it is really a good gadget for the kitchen, with that, it is worth having one.

Power

very easy to clean too

we have ours for more than 2 years now

Best chopper food processor

Comments about KitchenAid Chef's Chopper Series 3-Cup Food Processor:

I really like this kitchenaid chefs chopper food processor! The power is really good and efficiency, it's safe to use, the easiest assembly, just click and you are ready, is really easy to clean, and is really durable, I use it almost everyday to chop food, ummmm smash potatoes, I use it to make curtido for pupusas from el Salvador, delicious, and to make gallo de pico, in one two three easy! Now I don't cry chopping onions all I need is this, it saves me a lot of time cooking, just put in and push the button and is ready in seconds is super fast a affordable price too! I made food for my baby too and she loves it
Is a must have in your kitchen I must say :)

• Ease of Assembly:

Cannot live without this little machine!

from Royersford, PA

Comments about KitchenAid Chef's Chopper Series 3-Cup Food Processor:

I received this as a gift and thought I would rarely use it. Boy was I mistaken. I use this every Christmas season for my cookies (to chop up nuts) I used this to make baby food! I made everything in here for my baby so I would not have to buy the expensive baby food in the store. I could any and everything in it and my babies ate them. The best feature is that it is so small and compact but totally mighty that it chops up everything. I love how small it is so I can store in in a cabinet and pull it out for a quick easy chop then put it away. I remember the huge choppers my parents used to have that we rarely used due to the size and weight. The other nice feature is the super easy clean up. I just rinse off all the pieces and put it in the dishwasher and I'm done! You can get any better than that!