3.5
KSRP25FSSS
KitchenAid Architect Series Superba Side-by-Side Refrigerator

KitchenAid Architect Series Superba Side-by-Side Refrigerator

3.5

Great fridge...too bad the water filter is gross

from Castro Valley, CA

Comments about KitchenAid Architect Series Superba Side-by-Side Refrigerator:

The KitchenAid Architect Series Superba is a great refrigerator. It is easy to clean with some sliding and some hooked trays. Plenty of space for taller objects and a wine/soda hook that we never thought we'd use, but use all the time. Here are the issues we've had:

1. The biggest and most obvious issue has been the water filter. The ice and the water both taste DISGUSTING. The water from the tap tastes WAY better. The water from the fridge tastes like melted plastic. We thought maybe it was something we had to get used to but after about 2 days, we realized it was an emperor's new clothes situation where we were trying to fool ourselves into thinking it tasted ok. It doesn't. So we went to a friends house and they also have a high level KitchenAid fridge. We noticed they had a separate water dispenser (a la Alhambra) and when we asked they said their's tasted bad. I tried it and it was exactly the same. Gross. I thought it might be something with the filter. So I bought a new one (which was not easy to find) installed it, and tasted gross water. I thought maybe the water had to cycle so I actually threw out about 3 gallons of water. We now use a separate bottle water delivery service too.
2. So the cold air vent is located in the back bottom on the left side of the fridge box. If you place food right there, it basically freezes the food. I wish the vent was placed somewhere else other than right next to the bottom of one of the trays, which you know is going to have food on it.
3. The handles are naturally going to be the spot that gets the dirtiest. I really hate how the handle is so curved that it becomes impossible to clean every bit of it. When I try to use a towel like dental floss, inevitably a piece of the towel breaks off and ends up wedged in there. The curved handles are awesome for design, but not that practical.
4. So much of the freezer section is taken up by the water/ice dispenser. That's fine if they work, but if you're going to have to put trays of ice in there, you'll run out of space in a hurry.
5. So the water/ice dispenser, not to beat a dead horse, but they also make a gurgling noise that makes me afraid that water is going to leak from the fridge. It's been years now and never had a leak, but late at night, I'll hear what sounds like water dripping for about 3-5 seconds and it will send me into a panic that I'll wake up in the morning to find a lake in the kitchen, but so far, nothing. Stop scaring me fridge!

Noise Level
Stop gurgling quietly. It freaks me out.

Interior Organization
Very customizable. Trays all can be removed by hook.

Temperature Control
Good temperature control. I can make the whole thing freeze over if I choose.

It's been several years and we've never had any problems with it running down.

Very nice and clean looking design. The only flaw is the handles, which look great, also are not super easy to clean.

• Noise Level:
  • Interior Organization:
  • Temperature Control:

a nice fridge

from Clayton, NC

Comments about KitchenAid Architect Series Superba Side-by-Side Refrigerator:

This refrigerator came with our house that we purchased two years ago and I have been very pleased with it.  It has a sleek appearance (though it certainly has to be cleaned daily with a two year old little boy running around) and looks like it costs more than it does.  This product has ample space in both the refrigerator and freezer sections and lends itself to simple use.  The shelves are easily removable for relatively painless cleaning.  I also really appreciate the pull out baskets in the freezer, as it helps me stay organized in my freezing of leftovers, etc.  Our only hiccup has been the icemaker.  Just recently, our icemaker stopped functioning, and my husband was unable to fix it himself.  Although we could probably have hired someone to have it repaired, we have resorted to the use of icetrays.  Aside from that, we have overall been quite pleased and would purchase this again.